Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 06-30-2013, 03:18 AM

HIPPEEDUDE's Flag is: Australia Somewhere:)
Default Re: What Gets Added to the Database? Rules & Criteria for Additions

Theres a mistake in the Database. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 we are Tekken is also listed available for the original Xbox,lol. Slight fubar but it happens Theres also quite a few original Xbox limited editions & special editions missing,so when i get some time i will post them here for you approval or disapproval.

HIPPEEDUDES MEGA MYSTICAL SALE NOW BACK ON & UPDATED!!
http://collectorsedition.org/forums/...611#post150611
Old 06-30-2013, 07:09 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irockz View Post
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittychloe View Post
Would several members be able to edit the same pending entry? just in case one member has information on an edition that the original poster may have overlooked or is that up to proprietors only?
no, allowing anyone to modify data like that opens up a whole host of problems... what if the first person is right and some else "fixes" it to be wrong? also keeping track of who changed what is a real pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPPEEDUDE View Post
Theres a mistake in the Database. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 we are Tekken is also listed available for the original Xbox,lol. Slight fubar but it happens Theres also quite a few original Xbox limited editions & special editions missing,so when i get some time i will post them here for you approval or disapproval.
thanks, but this is not the thread to do that, you should create a new thread for the missing entries/entries that need correcting.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 AM

comaamen86's Flag is: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPPEEDUDE View Post
sorted that thanks, as said mistakes do happen every now and then if you spot any let me know and i will sort them

Old 07-04-2013, 06:45 AM
THEREALDEALDUDE

THEREALDEALDUDE's Flag is: United States Orlando
Smile Re: What Gets Added to the Database? Rules & Criteria for Additions

I have a question on Rule 4

4 If the difference in package is due to a lower price point re-release (eg: a "platinum hits" re-releases, or console bundles) It must also include content that differs from the "standard edition".

I was just about to buy tomb raider (1996) on amazon when I clicked the Wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Ra...996_video_game) and noticed it had a some sort of special edition I couldn't find it collectors edition.

I noticed this "shortly after the release of Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider was re-released for Windows and released for the first time for Macintosh. This release, titled Tomb Raider Gold - The Shadow Of The Cat in North America, and Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business elsewhere, featured the regular game as well as two new expert chapters"

but my question would this one count as a special edition? since it includes demos?

"The Greatest Hits edition of the PlayStation version had added demos and videos of other Eidos games, although the content changed several times over the course of additional re-pressings of the game. The first version contained demos for Tomb Raider II and either one of Fighting Force or Ninja: Shadow of Darkness. The next print contained Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider III, and Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko playable demos with videos of Fear Effect and Fighting Force 2. A third edition included no playable demos, but rather a trailer for the Chicken Run video game and a viewable preview of the (at the time) upcoming PlayStation 2 launch title TimeSplitters"

please feel free to delete my post after you reply.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDD View Post
I have a question on Rule 4

4 If the difference in package is due to a lower price point re-release (eg: a "platinum hits" re-releases, or console bundles) It must also include content that differs from the "standard edition".

I was just about to buy tomb raider (1996) on amazon when I clicked the Wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomb_Ra...996_video_game) and noticed it had a some sort of special edition I couldn't find it collectors edition.

I noticed this "shortly after the release of Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider was re-released for Windows and released for the first time for Macintosh. This release, titled Tomb Raider Gold - The Shadow Of The Cat in North America, and Tomb Raider: Unfinished Business elsewhere, featured the regular game as well as two new expert chapters"

but my question would this one count as a special edition? since it includes demos?

"The Greatest Hits edition of the PlayStation version had added demos and videos of other Eidos games, although the content changed several times over the course of additional re-pressings of the game. The first version contained demos for Tomb Raider II and either one of Fighting Force or Ninja: Shadow of Darkness. The next print contained Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Tomb Raider III, and Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko playable demos with videos of Fear Effect and Fighting Force 2. A third edition included no playable demos, but rather a trailer for the Chicken Run video game and a viewable preview of the (at the time) upcoming PlayStation 2 launch title TimeSplitters"

please feel free to delete my post after you reply.
If the release is the ONLY version available for a given platform in a given region then it doesn't matter what they call it or what content it includes, it's not relevant for the database. It IS the standard edition at that point.

As for your your greatest hits demos and videos, I wouldn't count that either... I consider demos to be advertisement content, which isn't considered relevant when adding games to the database.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:42 PM

LowlyAssassin's Flag is: UK Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Send a message via MSN to LowlyAssassin

Should something like this be added to the database?
Assassin'S Creed III - Allegiance Pack

It comes in a funky outer box
(Its just a standard white box bit with a UbiWorkshop sticker placed perfectly in the top left corner)
Like this

Its the only product I have seen from UbiWorkshop that uses this white box (but.other releases may use it)
The box is sealed (although only with tape)
And there is a product label on it

Last edited by LowlyAssassin; 07-12-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:37 PM

kam1kaz3nl77's Flag is: Netherlands

Is something like this acceptable to the database?

http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20090824.html

Amercian Release for the DS:
- Japanese outer Premium Box
- American DS game
- 2 Figurines of Annie & Pepe

Old 08-07-2015, 09:32 AM

Altairezio's Flag is: Great Britain Uk

Hi, how do i delete my posts so i can redo them, as got told i have to list all items im selling in one post, but for life of me i can figure out how to delete them
Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 AM

Mattiator's Flag is: Canada

Have a question on Rule 5: "Pre-Order bonuses included with a release are not considered part of the release unless the pre-order bonuses is some form of alternative packaging (such as a SteelBook) or somehow physically attached to the release".

Pre-ordered copies from Amazon.com of LangrisseR Re:Incarnation ~TENSEI~ for the 3DS came with an artbook and music CD, however in this case they are shrinkwrapped to the game's case, with no special additional packaging. Would this qualify as a limited edition under the 'physically attached' clause, or would it not count for this database since there was no special physical packaging beyond the shrinkwrap used to attach the artbook and CD to the game?