Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Old 09-30-2014, 01:24 AM

Delekkerstesoep's Flag is: Canada Canada
Default AC Unity - "Templar Ring?" from EB Games managers-conference

Went to preorder my Xbox One today, when an employee at my local EB Games said he remembered me from the AC4 Black Flag midnight launch (I dressed as Edward), and he said he had something for me! I had no idea what he could have saved just for me, but I graciously awaited possibly the best shwag I've ever received from a store!

What he told was this was given out by Ubisoft at a "managers' conference", which I'm assuming his manager attended. He got this, remembered me (I assume as the bigger AC fan he's met), and waited to give it to me. I am truly flattered...this is the closest thing to a proposal I'll probably ever be on the receiving end of! lol

What I'm not sure of is if this is EB Games-exclusive, or if Gamestop (United States) had a similar thing. I imagine only the manager of each store got it, and that these are going to be damn hard to find...
Old 09-30-2014, 04:17 AM

Dr_Jengo's Flag is: Singapore
Default Re: AC Unity - "Templar Ring?" from EB Games managers-conference

Very cool and the reason why he gave it to you was even cooler! Would love to own one of this rings
Old 09-30-2014, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Jengo View Post
Very cool and the reason why he gave it to you was even cooler! Would love to own one of this rings
I hope most people on here get to snag one eventually, but I'm truly curious to see what this thing gets sold for (as in its ebay/online worth). This is the first time I've obtained anything before knowing if its existence (or seeing any pics of it, yet) on the internet.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:58 AM

Romeo's Flag is: United States US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekkerstesoep View Post
I hope most people on here get to snag one eventually, but I'm truly curious to see what this thing gets sold for (as in its ebay/online worth). This is the first time I've obtained anything before knowing if its existence (or seeing any pics of it, yet) on the internet.

Honestly why would you even care of its worth? If you're truly a fan and collector, it's 'online worth' would never matter. I would never sell anything in my collection and do not care to know any arbitrary value.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
Honestly why would you even care of its worth? If you're truly a fan and collector, it's 'online worth' would never matter. I would never sell anything in my collection and do not care to know any arbitrary value.
From one collector to another....I have never sold anything I have collected. But to say you're not curious about the worth of something you have added to your collection would be a lie. Half the fun of collecting is knowing you found something worth a great deal...it makes your collection grander than it is, knowing you have things sought-after by others. I do care about its worth...it makes it all the more valuable, and makes it all the more collectible~
Old 09-30-2014, 06:20 AM

Romeo's Flag is: United States US

Quote:
From one collector to another....I have never sold anything I have collected. But to say you're not curious about the worth of something you have added to your collection would be a lie. Half the fun of collecting is knowing you found something worth a great deal...it makes your collection grander than it is, knowing you have things sought-after by others. I do care about its worth...it makes it all the more valuable, and makes it all the more collectible~

True that some may want to know the value. The way your post reads though makes it seems your intent is to sell the gift your friend gave you, particularly "curious what this thing gets sold for".
Old 09-30-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
True that some may want to know the value. The way your post reads though makes it seems your intent is to sell the gift your friend gave you, particularly "curious what this thing gets sold for".
Hahaha.....no, never. I'm not strapped for cash. I have no intention of selling a gift which was given to me by someone who, A: I'm surprised even remembers me, and B: came across it so randomly and unlikely as to have been given it by his manager, from some left-field conference for managers, by Ubisoft.

This thing is a treasure for me. Truly, I doubt I will ever sell it. I am a true collector. Behold:

That is not the den of a man who needs to sell his stuff. That is the den of a man who needs to find a worthy place for a grand gift.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Dr_Jengo's Flag is: Singapore

Quote:

That is not the den of a man who needs to sell his stuff. That is the den of a man who needs to find a worthy place for a grand gift.
I would love to see this quote in a movie. Hahaha! Fantastic collection mate!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:07 PM

Redmagster's Flag is: UK Rural England

I'm with the Dr on your quote!

I LOVE that story and have always said that some of the favourites in my collection are down to their back stories rather than value. That said, like you, I still like to know the value....

If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room

Live Well. Laugh Often. Love Much

My always desperately in need of update collection of shinys and other things I can't resist...
Old 09-30-2014, 10:13 PM

LowlyAssassin's Flag is: UK Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Send a message via MSN to LowlyAssassin

seriously you got this?
only enough made for ubisoft executives and Higher tear management and special VIPs
im begining to think that was a lie now