Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Introductions and Show-Off

Old 01-08-2017, 12:31 AM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec
Default Re: Hello! Prints/statues/figures/games - growing collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
Nice update. I think I'll have to start saving up for that Kratos on Throne statue lol. It just looks way too badass.

I'm also liking those AC action figures. Not as detailed as proper statues, but the articulation options are nice.
Yeah that Kratos statue is nice...my favorite piece up to now. Many people in the Gaming Heads collective complained that it was not close enough to the prototype. But for the price, I think Gaming Heads did the best Kratos on throne statue they could do!
Just curious, which one would you prefer to get, the regular or the exclusive?
Old 01-08-2017, 07:35 AM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Yeah that Kratos statue is nice...my favorite piece up to now. Many people in the Gaming Heads collective complained that it was not close enough to the prototype. But for the price, I think Gaming Heads did the best Kratos on throne statue they could do!
Just curious, which one would you prefer to get, the regular or the exclusive?
Hmm, that's a tough choice lol. The exclusive armored Kratos looks cool, but there's just something to be said about the regular's classic barechested look. Makes him look more warrior-like and authentic to the game.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
Hmm, that's a tough choice lol. The exclusive armored Kratos looks cool, but there's just something to be said about the regular's classic barechested look. Makes him look more warrior-like and authentic to the game.
Since it was my first Kratos statue I wanted to have him more ''classic style''. But I heard many people saying that the exclusive armor is impressive. Anyways, still got time to choose

And yeah, these assassin's creed figures are cool too... but I just can't enjoy them that much; beside the statues, I feel like they are small and not that good quality. Yes, articulation options are nice, but it's hard to have them standing properly, especially for the Jacob figure.
In fact, I bought them because they were cheap and I really wanted some Assassin's creed stuff, no matter the quality (still dreaming about that Connor premium statue... hehe )
Old 01-09-2017, 07:21 PM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
Since it was my first Kratos statue I wanted to have him more ''classic style''. But I heard many people saying that the exclusive armor is impressive. Anyways, still got time to choose

And yeah, these assassin's creed figures are cool too... but I just can't enjoy them that much; beside the statues, I feel like they are small and not that good quality. Yes, articulation options are nice, but it's hard to have them standing properly, especially for the Jacob figure.
In fact, I bought them because they were cheap and I really wanted some Assassin's creed stuff, no matter the quality (still dreaming about that Connor premium statue... hehe )
Yeah I'm just a sucker for anything Assassin's Creed lol. I actually have decent sized AC statue collection. Gotta post some photos here one of these days. That Connor statue looks beast, but it's such a hassle getting it shipped to Canada. Pure Arts doesn't ship to North America and Ubisoft sold the statue on their website in Europe but not in North America
Old 01-15-2017, 02:46 AM

Update:
Received my copy of The Hero's Guides to The Elder Scrolls Online yesterday!
I have been looking for this item for a while, and the only place where it was available was from ebay...at the reasonable price of $279.99.
Since ESO isn't my favorite Elder Scrolls game, plus $280 is nearly the price of a statue, I didn't buy it. But I still wanted it.
So I was extremely happy (and surprised) when I saw this back in stock and on clearance at the Bethesda store for only $40 two weeks ago. End of year inventory check, I guess.

It is a very nice collectors item, three beautiful books about ESO lore, although I would not really call them ''guides''.

Pictures just for you guys:

I also got a World of Warcraft Frostmourne life-size replica. It is not the one from Epic Weapons but still, it looks very good. It is 47 inches long and it's made of Stainless-Steel. That makes it so heavy that it would be impossible for me to fight with that thing...

Was it necessary to engrave CHINA on the blade? I don't think so...

Just to give you an idea of the size:

Old 01-18-2017, 12:38 AM

More Elder Scrolls stuff arrived yesterday:
Elder Scrolls Online The Breton regular statue
Got him from the Bethesda store, he is now on sale for $199,99 and with the code KALDWIN at checkout you get an extra 20% off. Was worth buying. It is an amazing statue, with great sculpt and great paintjob, and loads of small details.

I also received these Elder Scrolls lore books
(The Skyrim Library, Vol. I: The Histories and Vol. III: The Arcane and The Elder Scrolls Online: Tales of Tamriel - Vol. I: The Land)

And this Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Collectors Edition (PC):

And some assassin's creed goodies. Sadly the figures are fake. And that ebay seller stated his figures were official...

Old 01-18-2017, 12:42 AM

AND I also received this Play Arts kai FF Gabranth figure (2016 version, not sure if it has a particular name)
Paintjob is a bit deceiving and the armor texture is a bit off. Plus the price...it wasn't cheap.
I was expecting better, but I still like it.

Last edited by Mar-l-Aoutat; 01-18-2017 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:54 AM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States

Love that Breton figure, and congrats on getting the Heroes "Guide" -- still one of my favorite purchases from them.

I considered getting the Breton during this sale, but I just decided against it mainly because I hate what they did with the elf statue which I'd inevitably want to get for the whole collection -- the face just looked so derpy. Reminded me too much of Elrond from LoTR.

What did you think about the Breton exclusive figure? I also would've gone with the regular version, but was just curious your thoughts on it?
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 01-18-2017, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
I considered getting the Breton during this sale, but I just decided against it mainly because I hate what they did with the elf statue which I'd inevitably want to get for the whole collection -- the face just looked so derpy. Reminded me too much of Elrond from LoTR.
I thought the same thing prior to buying it. I really don't like the high elf statue neither. The face is definitely off and I won't buy it. No, my Elder Scrolls collection won't be complete; but it would not be complete anyways, since I do not own GH's 1/6 scale dragonborn statue neither (and will probably never get it). So I guess I will just buy what really interests me and looks good, I won't try to get every single Elder Scrolls statue, just because they are Elder Scrolls statue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfTruth View Post
What did you think about the Breton exclusive figure? I also would've gone with the regular version, but was just curious your thoughts on it?
Exclusive head looked good enough to me...sadly it was not discounted.

Right now I try to concentrate on Dark Souls and Bloodborne statues more than anything else. With F4F, Gecco and Prime 1 announcing so much stuff, saving up is...important.
No exclusive head for you
Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 PM

Lemur's Flag is: Singapore

Congrats on the Elder Scrolls picks. They look amazing!

It seems that for the ESO line the actual characters are bigger due to having simple flat bases. Do you have a pic with comparison of the different series side by side?