Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 PM

JCage's Flag is: United States
Default Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Dawn of the Creed Legendary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
Can't argue with that... glad you got one! But yeah for someone who makes as little as I do I cannot spend $800 on anything unless I can drive it or it helps me make money (like my laptop)
For the record, my wife thinks I'm friggin crazy for spending this kind of money on these CE memorabilia items. But these few games (especially the early Creed games) are something special that I shared with my kids and the figures are a memento for me of those fun experiences so I choose to spend too much on these trinkets rather than other toys.

That said I totally get the budget thing and 15 years ago when I was first gaming I never would have dreamed of spending $800 on a game statue and would have thought anyone doing that crazy so I get it (as a matter of fact, some of my buddies spending hundreds on baseball cards was something I couldn't wrap my head around but now I get it). Now I am fortunate enough to have some extra $$ to spend on fun stuff like this but also respect and appreciate when the budget isn't there that this is not possible and may not be at some point in the future for me either.

Anyway, cheers and enjoy the new Creed game.... I have hopes it will restore the franchise back to the luster of Creed 1 through Black Flag.

JC
Old 07-01-2017, 10:26 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

I am glad you have hopes but I must persoanlly admit I have been down on this franchise since III. Brotherhood was the last great AC game and Black Flag was the last good one (I did not play Syndicate becasue I was so burnt out from forcing my way through Rogue and then Unity that I could not bring myself to play it).

I hope you are right and I hope the franchise's return does well and the game is innovative... I personally have not seen anything yet to make me think this will be a game changer for AC but I do hope i am wrong about that.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:46 AM

Quote:
I am glad you have hopes but I must persoanlly admit I have been down on this franchise since III. Brotherhood was the last great AC game and Black Flag was the last good one (I did not play Syndicate becasue I was so burnt out from forcing my way through Rogue and then Unity that I could not bring myself to play it).

I hope you are right and I hope the franchise's return does well and the game is innovative... I personally have not seen anything yet to make me think this will be a game changer for AC but I do hope i am wrong about that.
I agree about Unity and Syndicate (I didn't even try Rogue because it was PS3 only). Black Flag to me wasn't on par with the AC backstory compared to the Ezio & Altair games but I was totally about the pirate fantasy and being able to sail around the open world and do awesome sea battles in the Jackdaw. My son and I learned all the Shanty songs and even dressed up as Edward and Blackbeard last Halloween (we still play the game - waitin' for the day we get our pay!).

My hopes about Origins are that it's the same team that built Black Flag and they've been working on this since that game was released. So let's hope it was time well spent!

Cheers JC
Old 07-02-2017, 05:19 AM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

Quote:

You should play Syndicate. It is fantastic. One of the best AC games, in my opinion.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
I'm very worried about the game after seeing someone connected to the game saying that it's far more horizontal and less vertical than the other games. That's one of the big reasons why I hated AC3.

After seeing it at E3 too I'm not sure what to make of it.

It could be a great game or it could feel like a generic action adventure game with the AC name. (Especially as it looks like the modern day stuff is gone.)
Old 07-03-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
Yeah, sales tax exists throughout Canada, but the rate differs province to province. Ontario (where I'm from) has a 13% tax rate on all products.

I definitely agree that it's done by pure arts. The style looks very similar to Connor the last breath. I see a strong resemblance to the Edward Kenway black chest edition statue as well...

Plus, if it was a specialty manufacturer (triforce etc), I'm sure Ubi would've advertised it on the pre-order since that might be considered an extra selling point for some collectors.
It is Pure Arts. Haven't received it yet but eBay listing shows bottom of stand and Purearts stamp is next to UBI collectibles. I figured that was the case but this confirms it, as I said, reminds me of the Connor Premium by Pure Arts.

JC
Old 07-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCage View Post
It is Pure Arts. Haven't received it yet but eBay listing shows bottom of stand and Purearts stamp is next to UBI collectibles. I figured that was the case but this confirms it, as I said, reminds me of the Connor Premium by Pure Arts.

JC

Nice to get the confirmation. Pure Arts is solid, and their bigger pieces look amazing.

I wonder if we'll see this statue pop up on their website like the Connor one did.

Just got a decent tax return and I can make the purchase, but now all the preorders are sold out, even for PC lol.

Anyone here who pre-ordered and wants to change their mind, hit me up
Old 07-04-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
Nice to get the confirmation. Pure Arts is solid, and their bigger pieces look amazing.

I wonder if we'll see this statue pop up on their website like the Connor one did.

Just got a decent tax return and I can make the purchase, but now all the preorders are sold out, even for PC lol.

Anyone here who pre-ordered and wants to change their mind, hit me up
Might want to keep checking UBI website daily. I was out on a hiking trip the week it released and it was sold out by the time I was back. I was already dreading dealing with the crazy eBay prices but I kept checking the UBI site each day and within a week or so, there were some additional units made available on the US UBI site.

I was able to preorder one at that point and gave a heads up here on the forum when that happened so anyone else could jump in. Prior to that, the UBI support had told me hands down they were all completely sold out and that just goes to prove the "Nothing is True" part of the creed right? Who knows how their presale works and when some more additional units might pop up on the site. Hope it works for you too!

JC
Old 07-13-2017, 12:44 AM
DB Proprietor

ingmar1988's Flag is: Netherlands

Can anyone who has this edition comment on the quality of the lithographs?

I did not buy it as i am not into statues, but love artwork. So i want to know if it is worth to purchase.

Make me an offer i cant refuse and anything from my collection is for sale
Old 07-13-2017, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingmar1988 View Post
Can anyone who has this edition comment on the quality of the lithographs?

I did not buy it as i am not into statues, but love artwork. So i want to know if it is worth to purchase.

Well... I would pay the extra $650 for the big statue but I'd have to really like lithos to pay that much extra for the art. Anyway if you can get them cheaper on eBay or somewhere, I think they are very nicely done on heavy cardstock and seem very high quality. Here is a picture of the four I received but don't think the picture does it justice...

Hope it helps and let me know if you have other Q's.

Cheers

JC