Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 09-10-2017, 11:23 AM

StayFree( ' 3')'s Flag is: United States OC, Cali
Default Re: Limited Run Games Thread

crossing my fingers for a Hellblade release.

Old 09-12-2017, 05:32 AM

ellamor1993's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTrigger View Post
What's the story behind it? Is it a great game?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

OT:
Limited Run Co-Founder Doug answers your questions openly and honestly about how Limited Run Game works and what to expect from them in the future:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMaJHKXMyJk
Old 10-03-2017, 06:02 PM
DB Proprietor

game_player_s's Flag is: United States
Send a message via AIM to game_player_s Send a message via Yahoo to game_player_s

Still no word on what the next PS Vita release from them will be. This mess with the ESRB has pushed all of their upcoming releases months out!
Old 10-03-2017, 06:05 PM

srahulnayak1983's Flag is: India

Does anyone know when the lawbreaker collectors edition will be fulfilled and sent?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2017, 07:44 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

Limited Run used to say they tell developers to ensure the game is complete before it is on disc..now like this week's release..there running off game runs without add on DLC...which means it's not the complete edition ..so why you gonna have a limited physical edition of the game?..when a complete digital edition download is superior game of the 2?
Old 10-18-2017, 05:58 AM
DB Proprietor

game_player_s's Flag is: United States
Send a message via AIM to game_player_s Send a message via Yahoo to game_player_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
Limited Run used to say they tell developers to ensure the game is complete before it is on disc..now like this week's release..there running off game runs without add on DLC...which means it's not the complete edition ..so why you gonna have a limited physical edition of the game?..when a complete digital edition download is superior game of the 2?
That is a excelent point of topic. They changed their policy on this when they began negotiating with Japanese developers. Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours was LRG's first release that did not include any of the already available DLC. And should be noted that the total regular price to purchase all of the available DLC for this title is presently around $100, crazy!

Also looking ahead, LRG is set to publish several titles that are still either in development and/or localization phases. To publish such a title at launch and assume no errors will be discovered that require patching to resolve or that the publishers will not sneak out some manner of DLC six months after the fact is rather foolish. LRG has been forced to acknowledge this situation. It was one thing when they were releasing games that had already been out for a year or so, another story entirely with new releases.

Cosmic Star Heroine is a great example of a new release with issues to resolve before committing it to a game cartridge. Because Sony will not get off their high horse and make higher capacity game catridges available to developers, the devs are still stuck with having to find ways to put their games on non-compressed 4GB cartridges. Hence why many releases of the last twelve months have had "optional free audio add-on content" ranging from a couple hundred MegaBytes up to over three GigaBytes of needed memory card space to download, absurd! Or in the case of a certain R3 (SouthEast Asia) Gundam game release, because high-speed internet is not consistantly available across the R3 region, the game comes on two cartridges, a first ever! The first cart of this title being a installation cartridge that requires the user to have a minimum of four GigaBytes available free space on their Vita/PS TV memory card so that catridges' contents to install onto. And, then the second cartridge is the boot cart, and allegedly contains all of the audio and cinematic files for the game. Crazy stuff, but I'm far more accepting of this two-cart setup than needing to download 3GB of data on a day-one game purchase before I can play the game the way it was meant to be experienced.

Last edited by game_player_s; 10-18-2017 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Accidently clicked post before I was done typing.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 AM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

Got my Lawbreakers CE today. Haven't opened it yet, but the outer packaging looks nice.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:35 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

i would rather publishers or game developers change the day one price from $59.99 to $79.99 and give us a COMPLETE GAME FROM DAY ONE..and put an end to DLC content..i am sick of it!!!..i mean..i am a physical collector..and i just hate things like Zelda Breath of the Wild..coming out on switch carts..and then two awesome expansion packs come out purely digital..imagine the gaming experience in the future if you popped in the switch cart, and everything was on it from the game plus the 2 DLC content packs..it would take the game on to another level!.so i would of preferred paying $79.99 upfront to have it all on one cart...i wish Nintendo would do "game of the year re-releases" i would of supported that route..for complete experiences like Mario Kart 8 deluxe...and pay more and then just have 2 versions..a vanilla version for $59.99 and a complete version for $79.99.

Last edited by Twisted; 10-18-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: edit
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 AM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
i would rather publishers or game developers change the day one price from $59.99 to $79.99 and give us a COMPLETE GAME FROM DAY ONE..and put an end to DLC content..i am sick of it!!!..i mean..i am a physical collector..and i just hate things like Zelda Breath of the Wild..coming out on switch carts..and then two awesome expansion packs come out purely digital..imagine the gaming experience in the future if you popped in the switch cart, and everything was on it from the game plus the 2 DLC content packs..it would take the game on to another level!.so i would of preferred paying $79.99 upfront to have it all on one cart...i wish Nintendo would do "game of the year re-releases" i would of supported that route..for complete experiences like Mario Kart 8 deluxe...and pay more and then just have 2 versions..a vanilla version for $59.99 and a complete version for $79.99.
Many of the games do this.... a year or so after the fact. Hitman, Mafia 2, Dishonored, Bioshock... a few to name that got releases year or more afterwards that contained all the DLC.