Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 AM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland
Default Re: Assassin's Creed® Origins - Dawn of the Creed Collector's Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmaster51 View Post
And from the outside, it looks like the string is on the arrows on the other side, so the realism stays intact (I think)
That's just the sweet high level Assassin misdirection tactic of him looking forwards whilst shooting the guys least expecting it!

I got mine to sit roughly how it's supposed to be but I agree, it's poorly designed. I might just superglue the arrows in where they're supposed to be although that reminds me that I have to glue Ellie's gun back onto my Post Pandemic Edition. Bloody thing snapped when I was getting it signed by Troy Baker.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:56 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
LOL I had the exact same issue with the bow and arrows. It's a design defect. There's a hole in the bow where the extra bit that sticks out near the top of the arrows is supposed to go. But the hole is too shallow, and the arrows that are supposed to be secured to the bow keep popping out of place whenever the bowstring puts pressure on them.

Struggled with this for like 30 minutes, then just gave up trying to fit the arrows in the bow. What I did was stick the back of the arrows between his fingers. Then looped the bowstring from the back on his finger so there's no pressure on the arrows.

Here's how it looks. As you can see from the second picture, the arrows still aren't secure with the bow. But since the string isn't putting pressure on them, the arrows are pretty snug between his fingers. And from the outside, it looks like the string is on the arrows on the other side, so the realism stays intact (I think)
Yeah ok, after knowing how it is, is actually pretty easy to put it. I had the front correct thou

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
LOL I had the exact same issue with the bow and arrows. It's a design defect. There's a hole in the bow where the extra bit that sticks out near the top of the arrows is supposed to go. But the hole is too shallow, and the arrows that are supposed to be secured to the bow keep popping out of place whenever the bowstring puts pressure on them.

Struggled with this for like 30 minutes, then just gave up trying to fit the arrows in the bow. What I did was stick the back of the arrows between his fingers. Then looped the bowstring from the back on his finger so there's no pressure on the arrows.

Here's how it looks. As you can see from the second picture, the arrows still aren't secure with the bow. But since the string isn't putting pressure on them, the arrows are pretty snug between his fingers. And from the outside, it looks like the string is on the arrows on the other side, so the realism stays intact (I think)

Sorry I had to point this out. You are almost right... you need to do 2 things to correct it fully. One the arrows go above his hand on the box (maybe bow upside down on yours?). The second and much smaller things is the string needs to be attached to his upper finger too

Hope that helps!

BTW... is it me or is the animations in Origins atrotious? I just watched a "first 30 minutes" gameplay session and the camels looked so weird running and the animations of the people were just terrible. Is not one else noticing that?

Last edited by flatout; 10-27-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:42 PM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post
BTW... is it me or is the animations in Origins atrotious? I just watched a "first 30 minutes" gameplay session and the camels looked so weird running and the animations of the people were just terrible. Is not one else noticing that?
I've been playing since last night and the animations seem okay in gameplay but for me the far larger concern is that I'm noticing a considerable degree of low framerate and slowdown at sections and so I'm a little concerned that with how they've kept harking on about bloody 4K and the Pro/X1X that it might not be best optimised for the OG PS4/X1.
Old 10-27-2017, 02:45 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I've been playing since last night and the animations seem okay in gameplay but for me the far larger concern is that I'm noticing a considerable degree of low framerate and slowdown at sections and so I'm a little concerned that with how they've kept harking on about bloody 4K and the Pro/X1X that it might not be best optimised for the OG PS4/X1.
Oh yeah it is okay... but this is an AAA game in 2017. Some of the animations are improved... I just mean some of the animations during human interactions seem off (but this was on the first 30 minutes, maybe it gets better).

Na, it seems fairly optimized for all of them. Each game is always trying to push the limits of the hardware... that never changes.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:39 PM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec

Quote:

So you already got yours? from Ubicollectibles in Canada right? I still didn't get a shipping notification or anything...starting to worry
Old 10-27-2017, 10:45 PM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar-l-Aoutat View Post
So you already got yours? from Ubicollectibles in Canada right? I still didn't get a shipping notification or anything...starting to worry
Yeah, ordered it from Ubisoft Store Canada and got it October 26th. It shipped from Brampton I believe.

Some guys in the other thread were talking about there being some supply issues with the collector's Edition. Apparently Ubisoft is emailing out digital codes for AC Origins gold edition for people who are affected so they can still play the game on the launch date.

I'd recommend that you contact them via the Ubisoft store support. They're usually very quick to respond.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Site Supporter

Gunmaster51's Flag is: Canada Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Yeah ok, after knowing how it is, is actually pretty easy to put it. I had the front correct thou
Yeah, it's not too bad. I corrected it today. I was just too hyped to play the game yesterday and was just trying to rush through putting that statue together without thinking lol.
Old 10-28-2017, 12:52 AM

WaxWeazle's Flag is: Belgium Belgium

So am I the only one who's seriously annoyed by the fact that not all of the content of this edition was in the actual edition..? :/

I don't know how it is for you guys, but this is how it arrived for me..

You have the Collector's Edition that was in between 2 pieces of foam and then underneath the bottom foam there was this little "drawer" type carton thing...
Why? Why the fuck is that not in the damn CE?
I hate the fact that I now have to keep the actual box it shipped in to keep the whole package together.
Fuck you Ubisoft >.<
Old 10-28-2017, 03:52 AM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxWeazle View Post
So am I the only one who's seriously annoyed by the fact that not all of the content of this edition was in the actual edition..? :/

I don't know how it is for you guys, but this is how it arrived for me..

You have the Collector's Edition that was in between 2 pieces of foam and then underneath the bottom foam there was this little "drawer" type carton thing...
Why? Why the fuck is that not in the damn CE?
I hate the fact that I now have to keep the actual box it shipped in to keep the whole package together.
Fuck you Ubisoft >.<
Yeah seems pretty akward...is there at least something in the middle? Seems like they could just have left less space in the middle and it would fit in the box