Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 11-03-2017, 08:42 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Limited Run Games Thread

I see these limited run games not the company itself, but all these other brands as well..to be like in a bubble so to speak..i think at the end of the day, when we look back at these games...even though they would be more rare physical copies, some prices will rise for maybe games like SHANTAE from Limited Run..or Retro City Rampage from V Blank, but most will tank in value, they won't increase in value in our lifetimes..i like collecting games because i think a gameroom looks beautiful especially a large collection of games neatly organised and displayed, but i hate the thought that i paid $30 or more for a limited run..only to be found in some garage sale for $1 20 years from now, because the game is either poor quality or no one has interest in it..like limited run PANG BROTHERS, or limited run THOMAS WAS ALONE, or LAWBREAKERS...these will be NOT sought after..even if they were from set collectors, they would NOT value them more than $5 or $10 a piece...and just imagine in the next 2-3 years of PS4 lifespan HOW MANY MORE BATCHES OF LIMITED GAMES ARE GOING TO COME OUT?..I SAY TRIPLE THE AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!..what is available now on the market that had a limited run of the physical copies, market saturation is never good..look at STEELBOOK, the EXPLOSIVE GROWTH in the past 5 years has REDUCED the allure and luster of having a steelbook offering which were looked at like GEMS..5-6 years ago..and now they are even TRASHED in garbage like packaging by some people who just want the movie, or game etc.

Last edited by Twisted; 11-03-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
I see these limited run games not the company itself, but all these other brands as well..to be like in a bubble so to speak..i think at the end of the day, when we look back at these games...even though they would be more rare physical copies, some prices will rise for maybe games like SHANTAE from Limited Run..or Retro City Rampage from V Blank, but most will tank in value, they won't increase in value in our lifetimes..i like collecting games because i think a gameroom looks beautiful especially a large collection of games neatly organised and displayed, but i hate the thought that i paid $30 or more for a limited run..only to be found in some garage sale for $1 20 years from now, because the game is either poor quality or no one has interest in it..like limited run PANG BROTHERS, or limited run THOMAS WAS ALONE, or LAWBREAKERS...these will be NOT sought after..even if they were from set collectors, they would NOT value them more than $5 or $10 a piece...and just imagine in the next 2-3 years of PS4 lifespan HOW MANY MORE BATCHES OF LIMITED GAMES ARE GOING TO COME OUT?..I SAY TRIPLE THE AMOUNT!!!!!!!!!!..what is available now on the market that had a limited run of the physical copies, market saturation is never good..look at STEELBOOK, the EXPLOSIVE GROWTH in the past 5 years has REDUCED the allure and luster of having a steelbook offering which were looked at like GEMS..5-6 years ago..and now they are even TRASHED in garbage like packaging by some people who just want the movie, or game etc.
Yeah I've been looking into getting some of the LRG releases that I skipped on ebay and I'm surprised by how cheap they go for. ex: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Risk-Rain-PS...-/263260101062
Old 11-03-2017, 06:01 PM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

I got the LawBreakers LRG CE. I was surprised there was almost zero markup on eBay for it once it sold out.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:19 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunter View Post
I got the LawBreakers LRG CE. I was surprised there was almost zero markup on eBay for it once it sold out.
The game flopped really hard. The sad part is it was actually really fun if you're into arena shooters. I think the marketing was terrible.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:25 PM

xhunter's Flag is: United States Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1888 View Post
The game flopped really hard. The sad part is it was actually really fun if you're into arena shooters. I think the marketing was terrible.
And they only released on one console (in addition to PC). I would've played it a ton if it had come to Xbox One (and I have multiple friends who would have, too).
Old 03-02-2018, 06:39 PM
DB Proprietor

game_player_s's Flag is: United States
Send a message via AIM to game_player_s Send a message via Yahoo to game_player_s

Woohoo! Just received Skullgirls: 2nd Encore (Vita) that I pre-ordered from LRG waaay back on November 11th, 2016.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:34 PM

Gazereths's Flag is: England Notts UK

The only ones I've seen sell for significantly more than RRP are Breach and Clear Vita, the PS4 version of Saturday Morning RPG, the Shantea games and the first Oddworld game.....Most of which I offloaded except for SMRPG PS4 which I'm keeping as I'm collecting PS4 games and I think this is one of the most rare (Yeah I know call me a scalper if you want, but I only got one copy of each) . I also have Night Trap PS4 for nostalgia reasons, I remember the uproar about that game back in the day.....God I feel old

I'll buy a LRG game if it takes my fancy but most are not great games IMHO.

Another thing about LRG is the amount of loose discs, but I think that's a PS4 problem in general, maybe not even limited to PS4, whoever is making the bluray G2 size cases is cutting corners.

Last edited by Gazereths; 03-05-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:10 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

Another problem is limited run games advertising “numbers of copies for sale” and not the actual number of games printed.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 AM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

Senko no Ronde 2 PS4 limited run physical edition announced
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/...45008193867776
Old 05-15-2018, 06:50 AM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

Limited Run Games will release a limited print physical edition of PixelJunk Monsters 2 for PlayStation 4 and Switch
https://gematsu.com/2018/05/pixeljun...tion-announced