Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 PM

Barran's Flag is: Germany
Default Re: Statues & Figures Thread - Any & All Game Related

my Sylvanas Windrunner Statue arrived today, and i was surprised that the Head was really well protected in a plastic shell, even the shoulders and the bow was in a plastic shell. thumbs up for that pretty good protection!

Old 12-01-2017, 09:50 PM

ericb546's Flag is: United States

can anyone recommend a spinning base lazy Susan for my prime one Geralt ?
one that doesn't cost $500+.....

Old 12-04-2017, 10:58 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybarth View Post
Hi All,

I can shed some light on the Drake statue delay. The statues arrived Stateside last week and were shipped to the distributors. However, I noticed a potential problem that I wanted addressed before the statues were shipped. The factory suggested that they add an additional attachment point between Drake's knee and the soldier's arm to ensure that there would never be any structural issues over time because of the amount of weight being held up. This wasn't in the original prototype and was added during production.

Unfortunately, in doing so, they pushed the main attachment point of the post that comes out of Drake's hand and goes into the soldier's shoulder over just enough that if you don't slide it in carefully, you could snap off Drake's pinky. Rather than risk sending these all out and having to send out hundreds of replacement units because of broken pinkies, we're opening each unit, doing a QA check, making sure the figures fit together correctly and adding a foam insert in the post coming out of Drake's hand to aid cosumers in putting the statue together.

We're also having the factory make some extra Drake figures for the distributors to have on standby in case they need to replace one for a customer. We're locating a facility in the L.A. area and it should take us only a few days to go through the shipment. The replacement units should be arriving around the 16th, so we should be able to get the statues out pretty quickly after that. I appreciate everyone's patience, but I'd rather make sure that you're getting a quality product that doesn't break while you're attempting to assemble it.

Thanks,
Gary Barth
Sr. Manager
Fabrication Arts
SIEA
Hello Gary,

I didn't want to spam your inbox but I had a question for you that I posed to the Customer Support team but wouldn't receive a response for a couple of days. I was curious to know regarding the statue if there is supposed to be more than one connection point for the Shoreline soldier to the base at his right boot? The reason I ask is the left boot heel shows a hole that was filled in as well as the designated spot on the base showing the same. With this one connection, my statue tends to "wobble" and has me concerned of its longevity of being able to handle all that weight at a single point.

I hope I'm just being overly paranoid and wanted to see if you could calm my nerves to make sure there isn't something wrong with my statue in particular.

Thank you for your time and attention to this, sir!
Old 12-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Site Supporter

0329liuken's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6t9ed View Post
Hello Gary,

I didn't want to spam your inbox but I had a question for you that I posed to the Customer Support team but wouldn't receive a response for a couple of days. I was curious to know regarding the statue if there is supposed to be more than one connection point for the Shoreline soldier to the base at his right boot? The reason I ask is the left boot heel shows a hole that was filled in as well as the designated spot on the base showing the same. With this one connection, my statue tends to "wobble" and has me concerned of its longevity of being able to handle all that weight at a single point.

I hope I'm just being overly paranoid and wanted to see if you could calm my nerves to make sure there isn't something wrong with my statue in particular.

Thank you for your time and attention to this, sir!

Mine doesn’t have any connector on left foot either. I think the instruction says “put left foot on the step” so I guess there isn’t supposed to be a connector.

Overall I’m happy with what I got for the money. The statue has very good quality but the plastic feel makes me feel weird...

Old 12-05-2017, 12:53 AM

garybarth's Flag is: United States

Hi Guys,

There is only one block connection point under the Shorline soldier's right boot. Drake's weight should keep the characters locked in pretty well. There might be a little play because of the casting shrinkage but once it's displayed in a shelf or desk, it should be fine. This was a really complex piece to engineer because of the two characters and the pose, but we have about 12 of them around the office and no one's has fallen out of the peg hole.

I chose to go with plastic for the bandolier and holster as they were too thin to
Mass produce in polystone, and I wanted them to be separate pieces so that they wouldn't hug the body like if they were sculpted on. I feel this gives the statue the look of motion and makes it a bit more dynamic.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2017, 11:08 PM

g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0329liuken View Post
Mine doesn’t have any connector on left foot either. I think the instruction says “put left foot on the step” so I guess there isn’t supposed to be a connector.

Overall I’m happy with what I got for the money. The statue has very good quality but the plastic feel makes me feel weird...
Quote:
Originally Posted by garybarth View Post
Hi Guys,

There is only one block connection point under the Shorline soldier's right boot. Drake's weight should keep the characters locked in pretty well. There might be a little play because of the casting shrinkage but once it's displayed in a shelf or desk, it should be fine. This was a really complex piece to engineer because of the two characters and the pose, but we have about 12 of them around the office and no one's has fallen out of the peg hole.

I chose to go with plastic for the bandolier and holster as they were too thin to
Mass produce in polystone, and I wanted them to be separate pieces so that they wouldn't hug the body like if they were sculpted on. I feel this gives the statue the look of motion and makes it a bit more dynamic.

Thanks!
Thanks, guys for your input! I'm glad to know that there isn't anything wrong with my statue.

Once I get some things in order, I guess I will post some pictures of mine.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Gadgetron's Flag is: France France

Hi Gary,

I just received the Uncharted statue, although it is one gigantic piece of collection, I'm having a little trouble...

1. The shotgun does not fit in the soldier's forearm.
2. Drake's holdster's broken, the fixing broke and it is now seperate into two different pieces
3. The soldier's goggles are seperate from the helmet (same problem, the glue fixing broke.)

Can you please tell me asap how I get replacement items.

Thanks

Mostly collecting Uncharted, Crash Bandicoot, Ratchet and Clank, LittleBigPlanet etc. stuff

Last edited by Gadgetron; 12-08-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-16-2017, 03:03 PM

WaxWeazle's Flag is: Belgium Belgium

Ordered a statue quite a while ago from https://www.gamesanimationcollectibles.com/ which was a Charizard vs. Blastoise statue. Looked very impressive and the price looked reasonable.
Upon arriving and checking it out however..
Packing was pretty good, but that's where it sort of ends sadly enough

I couldn't for the life of me put 2 specific parts together and figured out it was also damaged. There's parts that were incredibly loose as well and wouldn't even stay in the socket on their own.
I contacted the store and it took about 1 to 2 months to fully get responses about everything - to be fair, I feel like they were just postponing the truth to act like they were busy, rather than just telling me the truth straight away.

Basically, they can't replace the broken piece, the loose things are 'normal' as others also have that 'issue'. I got a code for a certain amount off of a next purchase, though to be very honest I'm not sure if I'm going to actually purchase anything anymore on that site..

Anybody else who's ordered stuff there? If so, what did you get, how did it end up being?
Old 12-18-2017, 02:12 AM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec

Just an update on Gecco's new Bloodborne hunter.

Looks great. Will be up for po soon.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:05 PM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec

It was announced today:

God of war statue, 1/6 scale, LE 750, $350

Very reasonnable price imo. I just hope it will be available from the PS Gear store as well

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...merica-903332/