Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 08-19-2017, 10:24 AM
CE.o News Team

Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe
Default Yakuza 6: The Song of Life After hours Premium Edition

Full Game Name: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Edition Name: After hours Premium Edition
Platform(s): PS4
Region(s): EU/NA
Publisher: SEGA
Release Date: 20th March 2018
Price (RRP): $89.99 USD
Content Description:

• Hardcover Art Book – The intense human drama and magnetic world of Yakuza 6 will be on display in this stunning art book. We’ll have more details on what will fill the pages at a later date.
  • 2 Bar Glasses (280ml) – Designed with Kiryu’s ferocious dragon tattoo, these bar glasses are the perfect receptacles for your beverage of choice.
  • 2 Ice Stones – Cool down your drinks with a pair of heat action branded ice stones! One features the flame heat action icon, while the other has the Japanese “kiwami” heat action icon. Chilling has never been so… extreme.
  • 2 Coasters – A true yakuza knows how to relax with class, so coasters are a must have when lounging after hours. Protect table surfaces with style by placing your glasses on top of official Tojo Clan branded coasters. Plus, you won’t need to play the “is this my drink?” game because of their inverted colors!
  • An Outer Box – All of these essential tools will be housed within a collectible outer box.
Other Info/Pics:

Available to pre-order at Amazon.com

Last edited by Ayiu; 08-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:45 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Yakuza 6: The Song of Life After hours Premium Edition

I preordered this!!!..I'm kinda curious if Japan gets a unique variant edition!?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:16 PM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Sega posted an unboxing video of this on Facebook.

Safe to say I'll be following my gut on this one and cancelling. "Collectible" outer box looks cheap, coasters look cheap, glasses look cheap, for some reason they thought only two whisky stones would be enough, art book looks very thin and there's no steelbook or extra digital content.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:05 PM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

Thank you for sharing the unboxing video! I am disappointed in the cheapened presentation style as well! I will be canceling this edition too! I bet you could find it on sale down the road too!
Old 04-06-2018, 12:21 PM

Saturn's Flag is: Portugal

Being a huge fan of the series, I'm still getting this. Nowadays every CE costs between 100 and 150 and most of them are not even remotely worth it. This one's around 80/90 euros and when I think that seems quite a bit I then look at stuff with super tiny statues and crappy contents for attrocious prices like Nier Automata Black Box for 200eur, Monster Hunter World that has an even worse artbook for 150, same with Ni No Kuni II. Seven Deadly Sins at 110 euros is even worse, with just a tiny little statue. So yeah, the contents are not amazing but t now that I've became used to Bamco and Square's price atrocities with at least 3 digits, it isn't as horrible, plus I want this game a lot.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:18 PM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
same with Ni No Kuni II.
I could agree with your point about contents of games recently overall but in the interests of fairness it's a bit unfair to list NNK2 to be compared to the others. It was £120 at lowest UK preorder price and includes a relatively chunky hardback artbook, a 12" vinyl with a lovely pop-up gatefold cover, the spinning ornamental music box, the game with normal case (included as I know that's a big deal to some people), a steelbook, the making of on Blu-Ray, a few postcards, the season pass and an outer box that is actually worth keeping.

Also as a big fan of them since starting with them on PS2 years ago, I would though disagree with your thinking on this Yakuza one. In my opinion comparing it to other games and justifying it like you did just lets companies off the hook for bringing out fairly crappy looking editions at what are still inflated prices.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:26 AM

rapister's Flag is: Singapore

ANYWAY.... back on topic

i think the unboxing was ruined by the poor quality box , even if the contents are great, the whole package just looks bad

they really should source for a different factory in china

"Nothing is missed, everything is pre-ordered." .................. -Collectors' Creed
WANT : Any Lollipop Chainsaw items
Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 PM

Thuryon's Flag is: Portugal

Lately I've been trying to minimize the number of large editions I get - space is a growing concern because it's shrinking rapidly.

Quite glad I went for the Launch Edition on this case.