Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 04-10-2018, 09:04 AM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal
Default Re: Spider-Man Collector's Edition (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapister View Post
hmmm.... seems to be the standard nowadays

game, statue, steelbook, bunch of digital stuff

for 150 USD just like the god of war one.

CEs are getting more and more mass-produced and not so 'collector'

kinda sad to see this actually

i hope the statue is at least of decent quality.
Not deffending their price, but in this case the collectors edition is not that mass produced, is selling out really fast pretty much anywhere and in the portuguese store i normally buy, for the first time ever you have to pay immediatly for the CE (normally only pay upon release) and it sold out in a couple of hours.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 AM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Not deffending their price, but in this case the collectors edition is not that mass produced, is selling out really fast pretty much anywhere and in the portuguese store i normally buy, for the first time ever you have to pay immediatly for the CE (normally only pay upon release) and it sold out in a couple of hours.
The thing is with this one though is that it's hard to say if it is mass produced or not because of the massive cross-appeal between gamers wanting it and then superhero/Spiderman fans who might not even be hugely into the game who want it.

Haha, if I was looking for someone to blame in relation to the above for this selling out so fast I would be inclined to at least partially blame all those dreadful, shallow superhero films (especially Marvel's particular brand of watered-down child friendly tripe) that have flooded the market for years and broke superheros into being truly mainstream.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
The thing is with this one though is that it's hard to say if it is mass produced or not because of the massive cross-appeal between gamers wanting it and then superhero/Spiderman fans who might not even be hugely into the game who want it.
By that logic then the same should have happend with the Batman ones, and it didnt.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 AM
DB Proprietor

Letrico's Flag is: Australia Melbourne

Quote:
By that logic then the same should have happend with the Batman ones, and it didnt.
The one true edition for batman was the batmobile edition that was cancelled right before release. There was one on sale on ebay awhile ago with the full thing and the owner showed what was the defect and it was only a loose driver hatch.

Such a shame.

Old 04-10-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Well here in the UK it actually did from what I recall on Arkham Knight which would fit the timeline. Like Letrico also said, the true large CE for that one was the Batmobile which was selling out fast. Then once that was cancelled there was practically no stock of the Limited Edition with the light up statue.

But also the huge difference here is that Batman is DC and as I lightly touched on, I would especially attribute this selling out as it's Marvel which Spidey is and I think it would be fair to say that at this point, because of the aforesaid films that Marvel is huge, even compared to DC which would no doubt slant these figures even further.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:11 PM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Well here in the UK it actually did from what I recall on Arkham Knight which would fit the timeline. Like Letrico also said, the true large CE for that one was the Batmobile which was selling out fast. Then once that was cancelled there was practically no stock of the Limited Edition with the light up statue.

But also the huge difference here is that Batman is DC and as I lightly touched on, I would especially attribute this selling out as it's Marvel which Spidey is and I think it would be fair to say that at this point, because of the aforesaid films that Marvel is huge, even compared to DC which would no doubt slant these figures even further.
Im sorry but the comparable ones are the CE with the light statue.
DLC´s, Steelbook, statue, they both bring the same things (one has stickers, the other had a comic, but in general they are the same).

There was several CE of Batman Arkham knight selling on FNAC just a couple of months ago (the one with the light statue) and probably if i search other stores i will find it.

The rest about being DC or Marvel, maybe you are correct.
I honestly dont care about any of them, being the comics, movies (i literally watch less than 10 movies per year and dont read comics)... i just care about a good game

Last edited by Spect3r; 04-10-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Im sorry but the comparable ones are the CE with the light statue.
I did literally just compare them. You even quoted me mentioning the light up statue which I pointed out was sold out everywhere before release here.

I don't care what stock can be found now the whole point of these posts after my initial suggestion regarding why stock may be selling out which was that this franchise has cross-appeal which you decided to take issue with and make the first comparison to Batman was discussing that very comparison.

Honestly though, you can't compare the stock availability from resellers of something right now that was released in 2015 compared to something that isn't even out yet to support your points. You might as well say if you check eBay it'll be available on there - We're talking about preorder stock from genuine established stockists.

To be honest though I don't know why we're getting bogged down in all of this nonsense, this was certainly never my intention. It was a perfectly reasonable suggestion to make that there is cross-appeal on something like this. (Just look at amiibo for a perfect example of how this can work and have the exact same effect of being sold out (although that is also to do with Nintendo's extremely poor stock allocation).)
Old 04-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Site Supporter

Quote:
I did literally just compare them. You even quoted me mentioning the light up statue which I pointed out was sold out everywhere before release here.

I don't care what stock can be found now the whole point of these posts after my initial suggestion regarding why stock may be selling out which was that this franchise has cross-appeal which you decided to take issue with and make the first comparison to Batman was discussing that very comparison.

Honestly though, you can't compare the stock availability from resellers of something right now that was released in 2015 compared to something that isn't even out yet to support your points. You might as well say if you check eBay it'll be available on there - We're talking about preorder stock from genuine established stockists.
I got confused with what the other poster said, seemed to me you guys were saying that the proper comparing would be with the one that got cancelled.. my bad.

And what we are comparing is how fast CE were/are sold at the time of the announcement and that can clearly be compared.
Batman Arkham Knight may have sold out quickly in UK but it did not sold this fast all around, and FNAC are a genuine established stockists... or maybe i am not understanding what you mean by "genuine established stockists".

Quote:
To be honest though I don't know why we're getting bogged down in all of this nonsense, this was certainly never my intention.
We are just discussing points of view and opinions, nothing wrong with that... i think

Quote:
It was a perfectly reasonable suggestion to make that there is cross-appeal on something like this. (Just look at amiibo for a perfect example of how this can work and have the exact same effect of being sold out (although that is also to do with Nintendo's extremely poor stock allocation).)

Of course it is perfectly reasonable suggestion, i dont fully agree with it but that doesnt mean is wrong, just means i dont agree

Last edited by Spect3r; 04-10-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
We are just discussing points of view and opinions, nothing wrong with that... i think

Of course it is perfectly reasonable suggestion, i dont fully agree with it but that doesnt mean is wrong, just means i dont agree
Thank you for saying that, I'd be happy to discuss opinions any time with you then. I enjoy discussing opinions like that, I just worry that people sometimes may unintentionally take it personally and so I like to sometimes steer away from it because I wouldn't want someone to think I was trying to actually argue with them in that way.

On your second point that's a perfectly reasonable position and I completely respect that.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:43 PM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Thank you for saying that, I'd be happy to discuss opinions any time with you then. I enjoy discussing opinions like that, I just worry that people sometimes may unintentionally take it personally and so I like to sometimes steer away from it because I wouldn't want someone to think I was trying to actually argue with them in that way.

On your second point that's a perfectly reasonable position and I completely respect that.
Glad we understand each other