Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 06-05-2018, 12:40 AM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland
Default Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector's Box

They have to be taking the piss with these prices on Game.co.uk...

So the "special" is about £75 just for a map and some DLC, "ultimate" is about £90 for a steelbook, map and a bit more and this box plus ultimate for example is £180... (There's a whole other mix of combinations too.)

Also, call me cynical but some of the wording of the DLC seems like it's very carefully worded to mask what sounds like bonuses regarding online shit such as cash bonuses or three free weapons from the gunsmith.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:27 AM

Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia

Ultimate edition & Collectors box up on EB Games, $150 & $160 respectively.

https://ebgames.com.au/featured/red-dead-redemption-2

I think the Ultimate edition will do me, don't really have space for the other crap.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:08 AM

goonergaz's Flag is: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
They have to be taking the piss with these prices on Game.co.uk...

So the "special" is about £75 just for a map and some DLC, "ultimate" is about £90 for a steelbook, map and a bit more and this box plus ultimate for example is £180... (There's a whole other mix of combinations too.)

Also, call me cynical but some of the wording of the DLC seems like it's very carefully worded to mask what sounds like bonuses regarding online shit such as cash bonuses or three free weapons from the gunsmith.
Game is same price as R* so really they're actually cheaper (if you have a game card or quidco - or both - you'll get points/money back)
Old 06-06-2018, 01:25 PM
DB Proprietor

Xmo's Flag is: United States Carson, California

I calculated how much I would buy each items separately and 100$ is actually not bad.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonergaz View Post
Game is same price as R* so really they're actually cheaper (if you have a game card or quidco - or both - you'll get points/money back)
Ah, sorry, I should have worded it more clearly. I wasn't having a go at Game specifically, I was having a go at the insane pricing of the copies of the game itself. I don't really have much of an issue with the box, that's becoming more common but usually it's paired with a fairly priced base game.

I mean, £75 for a map and single player DLC (including two missions which are exclusive to this edition with no plans to release them later)? Or £90 for the steelbook, map and single player and multiplayer DLC? I don't recall any of these basic DLC or steelbook + DLC editions ever costing this amount for anything in the past. A super simple comparison of how much they're taking the piss and for something coming out relatively close to RDR2 is Spiderman on PS4, £60 for the limited edition and you get the steelbook, an art book and some DLC.

I just feel that it's an absurd price and is nothing more than greedy bullshit from them with absolutely no reasonable justification and is simply them chancing it knowing people will still buy it.

When it comes down to it, especially with the Spiderman or even God of War or anything similar, if it was even £65 for the Ultimate Edition and there to be no weak Special Edition then I wouldn't be complaining, I think that would be okay enough despite still being a touch on the high side for what you would get at that.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 AM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Ah, sorry, I should have worded it more clearly. I wasn't having a go at Game specifically, I was having a go at the insane pricing of the copies of the game itself. I don't really have much of an issue with the box, that's becoming more common but usually it's paired with a fairly priced base game.

I mean, £75 for a map and single player DLC (including two missions which are exclusive to this edition with no plans to release them later)? Or £90 for the steelbook, map and single player and multiplayer DLC? I don't recall any of these basic DLC or steelbook + DLC editions ever costing this amount for anything in the past. A super simple comparison of how much they're taking the piss and for something coming out relatively close to RDR2 is Spiderman on PS4, £60 for the limited edition and you get the steelbook, an art book and some DLC.

I just feel that it's an absurd price and is nothing more than greedy bullshit from them with absolutely no reasonable justification and is simply them chancing it knowing people will still buy it.

When it comes down to it, especially with the Spiderman or even God of War or anything similar, if it was even £65 for the Ultimate Edition and there to be no weak Special Edition then I wouldn't be complaining, I think that would be okay enough despite still being a touch on the high side for what you would get at that.
Talk to them!!!

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:

yeah, I know what you're saying - I mean - the bog standard digital version is £60! I mean, wow - £60 and you may not like it so have just thrown that money away!

If you factor that in then paying an extra £30 to get the steelbook and map (with something tangible to sell on) doesn't sound too bad...but I totally agree, the maximum the pack should have been was maybe £70.

What I will say is that this game is likely one of the most expensive games ever made and will in no doubt sell millions upon millions of copies!

In the end, I'm paying £180 - will get a little bit back in points and cashback and I'm ok with that provided the game is as good as it should be.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonergaz View Post
In the end, I'm paying £180 - will get a little bit back in points and cashback and I'm ok with that provided the game is as good as it should be.
Glad you get what I mean!

Yeah, I'm wrestling with that quoted bit just now. At the time the first was one of my favourite games to be released in a long time and I know I got such a long time of play out of it so I would hope that this would be the same. On the other hand it's a fair whack of money for the one game but more importantly I don't know how comfortable I'll feel at supporting R* on this.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:53 PM

Texas Fire's Flag is: United States San Antonio, Texas

Anyone know if the "Bundled" collector box with the ultimate/special edition from GameStop will come bundled together in one "Exclusive" box, or will they come in their own standard seperate boxes?

TF
Old 06-07-2018, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Fire View Post
Anyone know if the "Bundled" collector box with the ultimate/special edition from GameStop will come bundled together in one "Exclusive" box, or will they come in their own standard seperate boxes?

TF
I would guess these will all be separate and 'boxed ready to go' at the warehouse and they will literally pick and send separately. Makes little sense to do it any other way IMHO.