Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 07-02-2018, 11:33 PM

Saturn's Flag is: Portugal
Default Re: Shenmue III

Kickstarter, got the survey a few days ago.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMajik View Post
Where did you guys back from? Kickstarter or the Shenmue.link website? I have yet to get a survey...
I didn't get mine automatically either. I put my email in here to request a survey: https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kin...survey_support
Old 07-03-2018, 01:42 AM

ExMajik's Flag is: United States

That doesn't work for me since I didn't back through Kickstarter. I went through the Shenmue.link website (slacker backer) that took me straight to Paypal to support it. They don't use accounts like fangamer.

Last edited by ExMajik; 07-03-2018 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:05 AM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Quote:
That doesn't work for me since I didn't back through Kickstarter. I went through the Shenmue.link website (slacker backer) that took me straight to Paypal to support it. They don't use accounts like fangamer.
I think surveys are going out later for slacker backer. Not sure though.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:04 PM

This is great. Apparently I am out-of-the-loop and its been stated that not all slacker backers will get what was promised to them. So basically I have the potential of being robbed.

EDIT: After more research, it seems Kickstarter had more options for rewards based on how much you donated. The slacker backer just has less. So slacker backers will still get what they paid for. With that being said, this still applies: "Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed."

Last edited by ExMajik; 07-04-2018 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 12:02 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
This is great. Apparently I am out-of-the-loop and its been stated that not all slacker backers will get what was promised to them. So basically I have the potential of being robbed.

EDIT: After more research, it seems Kickstarter had more options for rewards based on how much you donated. The slacker backer just has less. So slacker backers will still get what they paid for. With that being said, this still applies: "Delivery of rewards/perks are subject to best efforts and not guaranteed."
Doesnt most people end up being robbed with most of these "crowdfunded projects"?

Or they dont deliver what they promised, or they go bankrupt, or the final product sucks, seems to me that this happens in the vast majority of the projects.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 07-04-2018, 02:09 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Doesnt most people end up being robbed with most of these "crowdfunded projects"?

Or they dont deliver what they promised, or they go bankrupt, or the final product sucks, seems to me that this happens in the vast majority of the projects.
I still have not received my Plague Doctor Bobblehead from when I pledged to Plague Road...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 07-04-2018, 04:16 PM

Shellshock's Flag is: Austria

Quote:

Yeah, I think after the reward fulfillment of Kingdom Come: Deliverance I learned my lesson as well. Don't see myself backing any project anytime soon.

Last edited by Shellshock; 07-04-2018 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshock View Post
Yeah, I think after the reward fulfillment of Kingdom Come: Deliverance I learned my lesson as well. Don't see myself backing any project anytime soon.
Now im curious, what was the "reward" for backing Kingdom come deliverance?

I never backed any of these projects and unless something extraordinary happens, i really dont see my self ever backing one.

If it was a really good project they would be snatched by some publisher (big or smal), or like in the case of Children of Zordiac, they prove to be good enough to later on get realesed on "normal way" and then i can just buy the game like i would do with any "regular" game.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that is true as well. I have heard bad stories about Mighty No. 9 backers still waiting for a copy of the game.

Backing games really does have a bad stigma to it.