Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Old 07-14-2018, 08:48 AM

MattTweeks's Flag is: United States
Default Value of un-numbered (pre production) Connor - The Last Breath

Hi,

Before the release of "Connor - The Last Breath" on the Ubisoft store, you might remember that there was a lot of uncertainty around it's existence.

A few people, including myself, contacted Pure Arts directly and received a very shady "congratulations, you can buy one of these" response.

Obviously I took the risk and never looked back, since I am the proud owner of an un-numbered pre production version of the statue, now known as "The Last Breath"

My question is surrounding it's value - is it worth more because it's pre-production?

Thanks in advance

Old 07-16-2018, 03:17 AM

Mar-l-Aoutat's Flag is: Canada Québec
Default Re: Value of un-numbered (pre production) Connor - The Last Breath

If there is no difference at all between this one and the 2nd release, except for the number under the base, I don't think there will be much of a difference in value.

It might be worth more to some collectors but at this point even the 2nd release is selling at very high prices and is very hard to get, so it will probably be all about the same.

It's a bit like ''low numbers'' I guess. Is a statue numbered #1 worth much more than #346...it might be worth a little more but at one point, people don't even really care about this anymore; when the statue is rare, people just want to get one, regardless of the number. So they would pay about the same price for wathever number.

As I said that's if your statue is 100% the same than the 2nd release.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:27 AM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Some people I know do not like the un-numbered versions, but only because they're hard to authenticate. At least with a "serial number" from the run it can be validated (and many times with a certificate of authenticity from the maker) against with ease.
Old 07-16-2018, 07:23 PM

JCage's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler View Post
Some people I know do not like the un-numbered versions, but only because they're hard to authenticate. At least with a "serial number" from the run it can be validated (and many times with a certificate of authenticity from the maker) against with ease.
Simply amazing statue with or without a number. I would commend anyone who could flawlessly reproduce the work PureArts put into this statue. Hard to imagine anyone could copy this in a manner that would make it hard to authenticate except for the number.... and if they somehow did, I'd probably be happy with that statue too. Somewhat like my first4 crouched Altair which is also not numbered... but very rare and valuable. Suppose someone could knock off that too and bet the number wouldn't prevent them if they wanted to try.

AS for Connor... I reached out to PA directly and sourced one years ago as well. One of my favorite AC statues and wouldn't consider selling it... but I would imagine it to fetch easily $1-2kUS if selling based on difficulty to get.

JC