Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 10-16-2018, 03:34 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

There was a rumor going around that this batmobile version was canceled because at customs port it was found to be non compliant made with TOXIC paint chemicals so they were not allowed to release only to “destroy” and maybe the developers got an insurance claim and then maybe the people responsible for destroying them kept some instead? And now on Ebay reselling them? Just speculating based on rumors I heard about the paint being detected as toxic at customs ports of entry
Old 10-16-2018, 07:38 AM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
There was a rumor going around that this batmobile version was canceled because at customs port it was found to be non compliant made with TOXIC paint chemicals so they were not allowed to release only to “destroy” and maybe the developers got an insurance claim and then maybe the people responsible for destroying them kept some instead? And now on Ebay reselling them? Just speculating based on rumors I heard about the paint being detected as toxic at customs ports of entry
If that’s the case, isn’t that the same reason that the Fable 2 CE for XB360 was also cancelled. A few of these also made it onto the resale market eventually.
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

i think they were intended to be all destroyed..but in most cases of "recalls" or when like an insurance agency contacts the companies that are supposed to destroy them all..i think some employee's think "oh i can put some of these into my own truck, car etc"..and then maybe..since it's been a few years..the employee waited to quit or be fired etc..so his company would'nt be held responsible for him..it's happened in the past with like "leaks"..i think the concern was children would get their hands on them..and i think EU and USA have strict laws..so they probably could'nt figure out some neutral "dumping" ground..for these at a different country..probably for moral and ethical reasons..so maybe like 85% got destroyed..and 15% got snatched, "lost" etc..and now making their way onto reseller sites..i wouldn't touch it..maybe it's some cancer causing lead paint LOL or something LOL.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:07 AM

Having looked at the unboxing video above, I would have expected that the reason it was scrapped was due to the poor quality of the item. Every time the mechanisms operated to move the turret, there were little panels popping off, which I assume was not supposed to happen. Rather than have to quality check every single one of them, which were likely all over the world by this point, it was easier for WB to just call for the edition to be scrapped.

I don’t know how true the paint thing is, but Project Triforce manufactured many different figures and collectibles and I can’t imagine that their paint product would be any different to that of other collectibles, so doesn’t make sense for just this edition to be scrapped because of the paint. However, this is just speculation and assumption. What the hell would I know!?
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:51 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

It was said way back officially that it was due to "Unforeseen Quality Issues"; https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ba.../1100-6428307/

You can see over flow of industrial glue in the unboxing video as well as the paint being super flat with no detail... and the base is super plain and not even the light detail it had in pictures. My guess is the thought people would be upset with the quality issues enough so that they cancelled it (though that caused just as much if not more issues with the fans like us but who knows, truthfully I like the idea of getting it now cheaper and rarer ).

Also on a side note... they made a life sized one!!!

Old 10-16-2018, 09:26 PM

I have just received mine.

Having had it out and had a look at it, I am hardly surprised that they cancelled it. If I had been one of the people who had paid full price for it at launch, I would have been very disappointed.

That said though, so the price I have paid for this, with its back story and depending on how many are in the wild, it will be quite unique too, which makes me pleased to get my hands on this. All we need to know now is just how many of these are still left. Chances are that none of these went for distruction and when Triforce went bump and their assets sold off, these were likely purchased in a stock auction and distributed to various wholesalers. Who knows though.

At the moment all of the places these are for sale are within Europe. Let’s see if these crop up elsewhere and see how many get sold on eBay.

I’m going to drop one of the sellers a message and see if I can get any further information. I will share here if I find anything out!

Old 10-18-2018, 04:58 AM

KyleGM's Flag is: UK UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
I have just received mine.

Having had it out and had a look at it, I am hardly surprised that they cancelled it. If I had been one of the people who had paid full price for it at launch, I would have been very disappointed.

That said though, so the price I have paid for this, with its back story and depending on how many are in the wild, it will be quite unique too, which makes me pleased to get my hands on this. All we need to know now is just how many of these are still left. Chances are that none of these went for distruction and when Triforce went bump and their assets sold off, these were likely purchased in a stock auction and distributed to various wholesalers. Who knows though.

At the moment all of the places these are for sale are within Europe. Let’s see if these crop up elsewhere and see how many get sold on eBay.

I’m going to drop one of the sellers a message and see if I can get any further information. I will share here if I find anything out!
Looks to me like Triforce has sold off all their remaining stock including whatever pre-production/cancelled items they had. Loads of them popping up in places now. Zavvi are re-releasing the Arkham Origins and Knight collectors edition, there is weird special editions like the White Mirrors Edge and Black battlefield statues showing up on Amazon. Definitely interesting to say the least.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:49 PM

Matt16's Flag is: England Doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleGM View Post
Looks to me like Triforce has sold off all their remaining stock including whatever pre-production/cancelled items they had. Loads of them popping up in places now. Zavvi are re-releasing the Arkham Origins and Knight collectors edition, there is weird special editions like the White Mirrors Edge and Black battlefield statues showing up on Amazon. Definitely interesting to say the least.
Bloody hell, you’re right there’s all sorts popping up. The Batarang from Arkham City is on Zavvi. I seem to remember this as at the time but thought they were sold out, unless this is one of the ones that never made it out. The price is a lot cheaper now, might take a punt.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:57 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Just saw this video and better images of that life sized one (apparently it cost around 1 million to make!):

Also a drive-able one here made from a Lamborghini Gallardo with full custom carbon fiber molding (clearly made from the Arkham Knight design):

Last edited by flatout; 10-20-2018 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:39 AM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
If that’s the case, isn’t that the same reason that the Fable 2 CE for XB360 was also cancelled. A few of these also made it onto the resale market eventually.
They released the full CE for it in Spain, just not the US... which I am STILL pissed about to this day - was the 1st CE I ever pre-ordered, and then got fucked on it a month before it came out. The CE that we wound up with stateside was a joke.

I'd love to get my hands on one of these still, but I've only seen ONE for sale ever and it was sold very quickly on this forum