Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 10-24-2018, 10:51 AM

akapwner's Flag is: Europe
Default Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
There was a rumor going around that this batmobile version was canceled because at customs port it was found to be non compliant made with TOXIC paint chemicals so they were not allowed to release only to “destroy” and maybe the developers got an insurance claim and then maybe the people responsible for destroying them kept some instead? And now on Ebay reselling them? Just speculating based on rumors I heard about the paint being detected as toxic at customs ports of entry
I can confirm that rumor is false ^^' Warner just was not happy with the quality Triforce delivered and did not want to get negative reactions just like Capcom got with the Marvel vs Capcom CE (also by Triforce). It's a shitty company and ending bakrupt is what they deserved. It's a shame for all the people with pre-orders though...
Old 10-24-2018, 04:45 PM

flatout's Flag is: United States Maine, US

Quote:
Originally Posted by akapwner View Post
I can confirm that rumor is false ^^' Warner just was not happy with the quality Triforce delivered and did not want to get negative reactions just like Capcom got with the Marvel vs Capcom CE (also by Triforce). It's a shitty company and ending bakrupt is what they deserved. It's a shame for all the people with pre-orders though...
Yeah the article I posted quoted them saying "Unforeseen Quality Issues". And yes I agress they were the scammy statue making company (always poor quality to varying degrees compared to good CE statue studios like Pure Arts or Gentle Giant). They were the low bidders of the industry and it is a good for all CE buyers that they are gone (sorry to all those who lost $ on pre-orders with them though).

And yeah that is probably what they thought... worried about the backlash like the MvC one (though the BM is bad it is not as bad as those). My question is which would would have been worse.... us getting the Batmobile Edition with lower quality or having our orders outright cancelled without a choice? I know at the time I was saying I would take one that was not perfect (I just wanted one). Hard to know (also in truth people would complain either way... just wondering which would be worse and by what metric).

Also this was around the time where people were at the peak of being upset over false advertising game trailers... so that might have been fresh in their minds when making this decision.

In any case I cannot wait to get mine finally years later in a week or so!!

Last edited by flatout; 10-24-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:23 PM

Here are some really detailed pics of the Batmobile from the Batmobile Edition I just got:

Truth be told it really is not bad at all. Yes the base has no detail at all, the car is a bit plastic'y (though had to be to be transformable), and you can see the wires clearly (again in some respects unavoidable but could have been hidden better), but nothing here screams "Cancel me!". Overall I think it is pretty darn good and the transformation part is really neat (though having to take off and put back on the Vulcan Mini Gun is annoying).

Old 10-27-2018, 08:59 AM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatout View Post

Truth be told it really is not bad at all. Yes the base has no detail at all, the car is a bit plastic'y (though had to be to be transformable), and you can see the wires clearly (again in some respects unavoidable but could have been hidden better), but nothing here screams "Cancel me!". Overall I think it is pretty darn good and the transformation part is really neat (though having to take off and put back on the Vulcan Mini Gun is annoying).
If you like it cool, but to me it seems kind of "cheap".
Very little detail and seems a lot of it can break at any moment... but again, if you are happy thats what counts

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
If you like it cool, but to me it seems kind of "cheap".
Very little detail and seems a lot of it can break at any moment... but again, if you are happy thats what counts
It is cheap and platic-y with little in the way of paint detail as I said (but again to be transformable it had to be plastic, but yeah I would prefer a really nice statue type replica). Really other then that I was just saying it was not bad enough to cancel and I do kinda like it overall as I found the transformable part kind of cool... but it is kind of cheap in its close up looks but not as bad as I would have thought (a side note I would make is 90% of CE statues are cheap or crap... so one that is cheap and okay is actually in the upper tier in terms of CE statues as more then half are absolute garbage IMO). If the base had some detail to make it look like floor metal like in the preview images then it would do wonders for it (that base is the cheapest thing of all and really pulls it down).

And the story behind these is just cool. I really wish I knew if they were ever ordered destroyed and some survived or if they are just about to swell a massive amount onto eBay... either way the whole thing is fascinating.

Also I should mention that I am really behind still financially (hopefully by end of next year if all goes well I wont be anymore) so I will need to sell it in time but it was neat to finally get one in hand and play with (and I plan to post a video on YouTube to share it with others so those were the main reasons I wanted it... not really to keep long term)

Last edited by flatout; 10-27-2018 at 01:43 PM.