Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > Additions and Corrections

Old 07-15-2018, 02:31 PM

marckoz's Flag is: Italy
Default Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures

Full Game Name: Kingdom Hearts III
Edition Name: Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures
Platform(s): PS4, Xbox One
Region(s): USA, Europe
Publisher: Square Enix
Release Date: 29-01-2019
Price (RRP): 230$ / 230€
Content Description:
- Collector's box
- Standard Edition of the game
- Figurines of Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy in Toy Story version
- 1 steelbook case
- 1 collectible pin
- 1 artbook

Link(s) to source(s): https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...ts-figures-ps4
Other Info/Pics:

Available without figurines at https://store.na.square-enix-games.c...xe-edition-ps4

Old 01-29-2019, 04:25 PM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham
Default Re: Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures

Not impressed... Was hoping for a complete special packaging, but they didn’t even bother. So now I have 3x copies of the LE for PS4... Should've known better I guess. Didn’t actually want this edition either. It was a forwarding for a member which they left too late to tell me that they didn’t want it, so got lumbered with it...
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:13 AM
DB Proprietor

Letrico's Flag is: Australia Melbourne

Agreed. Literally dumb move. The figure itself hardly cost another 250 AUD.

Old 01-30-2019, 09:41 AM
Site Supporter

Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post

Not impressed... Was hoping for a complete special packaging, but they didn’t even bother. So now I have 3x copies of the LE for PS4... Should've known better I guess. Didn’t actually want this edition either. It was a forwarding for a member which they left too late to tell me that they didn’t want it, so got lumbered with it...
Wait, thats how they send it?
Damn, that sucks

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:56 AM

Cosmic_Link's Flag is: England Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Wait, thats how they send it?
Damn, that sucks
Yeah, I was disappointed about it too, but I did kind of expect it since it was advertised as “bundle” on the product page. I expected the same with the Dragon Quest Edition too when that was advertised, but that was a nice CE in the end. So I had hope that they would make a nice CE for this “bundle” too. How naive of me...
Looking to trade Kid Icarus AR Cards. Click here for what I need. UPDATED 14/04/2014

Click here for my intro thread.
For items available exclusively to the UK, see my thread for help with item forwarding.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:58 AM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_Link View Post
Yeah, I was disappointed about it too, but I did kind of expect it since it was advertised as “bundle” on the product page. I expected the same with the Dragon Quest Edition too when that was advertised, but that was a nice CE in the end. So I had hope that they would make a nice CE for this “bundle” too. How naive of me...
Collectors tend to be hopefull people, as you say, we are so naive

Anyway, at least the LE packaging is nice actually.

In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very unhappy and has widely been seen as a bad move.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:14 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

i'm surprised how easy it is to find the limited edition packaged steelbook version at my local stores on shelves and can be easily ordered on-line..i wonder if they ended up over producing it?
Old 01-30-2019, 11:15 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

Did JAPAN get any kind of retail "limited edition" besides the Square Enix e-store on-line only options?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:47 AM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spect3r View Post
Anyway, at least the LE packaging is nice actually.
I have to admit, whilst the packaging is nice in some ways such as the velvety matte finish and the foiled lettering on the front, on receiving mine I've found it pretty annoying how much space they've wasted with it and it's ended up as a really wide box which will take up loads of space on my PS4 units. Plus at least for me, it doesn't feel all that sturdy of an outer box and I crinkled the front of the top just trying to open it because the flap was jammed in so hard. (Similar to the Shadow of the Colossus one on PS4.)

I suppose I was expecting something sensible that would look good on a shelf like say the God of War Limited Edition but nope, Square made a huge box (with a pretty bland spine at that) just so that could put the steelbook, artbook and a plain game case in (which I noticed they even took the time to have the cover printed as a "Not for resale" one) and then an extra slice of mostly empty space just for a pin.

I think personally I'd have definitely preferred if they had done a sturdier outer box, maybe even a nice clamshell one, put the game in the steelbook, left the normal case out and then maybe even put the pin in the steelbook too (there would be enough room for it to sit in a corner opposite the disc and I doubt it would move enough to damage the disc) and there you go, a nice box that doesn't look totally overpowering on a shelf.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Site Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
I have to admit, whilst the packaging is nice in some ways such as the velvety matte finish and the foiled lettering on the front, on receiving mine I've found it pretty annoying how much space they've wasted with it and it's ended up as a really wide box which will take up loads of space on my PS4 units. Plus at least for me, it doesn't feel all that sturdy of an outer box and I crinkled the front of the top just trying to open it because the flap was jammed in so hard. (Similar to the Shadow of the Colossus one on PS4.)

I suppose I was expecting something sensible that would look good on a shelf like say the God of War Limited Edition but nope, Square made a huge box (with a pretty bland spine at that) just so that could put the steelbook, artbook and a plain game case in (which I noticed they even took the time to have the cover printed as a "Not for resale" one) and then an extra slice of mostly empty space just for a pin.

I think personally I'd have definitely preferred if they had done a sturdier outer box, maybe even a nice clamshell one, put the game in the steelbook, left the normal case out and then maybe even put the pin in the steelbook too (there would be enough room for it to sit in a corner opposite the disc and I doubt it would move enough to damage the disc) and there you go, a nice box that doesn't look totally overpowering on a shelf.
I havent opened yet so dont know about the inside, but if is as you say i do agree, a big box full of empty space is wasteful