Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Memorabilia Collecting

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Member
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 804
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?
I have nothing against a company limiting the number a person can buy, but at the same time i cant be mad at someone that tries to make some money by buying a bunch and selling them later on.

We are not talking about Cancer drugs or something like that, is no life or dead so no i do not find it shady at all.

Quote:
Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.
Of course, because im the voice of the thousands of members this forum has
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2018, 05:30 PM
silverpen silverpen is offline
New Member
 
silverpen's Flag is: United States
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 4
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

It's absolutely not a good first impression to hear apologists for scalpers.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2018, 05:41 PM
0329liuken's Avatar
0329liuken 0329liuken is offline
Greatness Awaits!
 
0329liuken's Flag is: United States Texas
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,932
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
It's absolutely not a good first impression to hear apologists for scalpers.


I think it all depends on how you look at it.

I usually preorder 2-3 copies of each CE/LE from different retailers to avoid getting nothing because of cancellation. If none of them is cancelled, I usually offer my extra copies to my friends from this forum. If no one wants them, I’ll sell them on eBay. If I cancel them, other scalpers might get them and sell them on eBay, why let them make the money but not myself?

I think many people are doing this, but I won’t call myself a scalper. I don’t like people who order 20 copies of something and then sell them for twice as much. But to be honest I think they earned it because they spend their time on studying and following the news, if you truly like something, you should be following most stuff about it.
__________________
.
.
.




Free feel to add me as friend in PSN


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2018, 06:53 PM
Spect3r's Avatar
Spect3r Spect3r is online now
Member
 
Spect3r's Flag is: Portugal
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 804
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
It's absolutely not a good first impression to hear apologists for scalpers.
Im no apologist, i just dont have nothing against them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:00 AM
g6t9ed's Avatar
g6t9ed g6t9ed is online now
Member
 
g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 360
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
Thank you for letting me know. I've been refreshing the product page religiously since yesterday and saw the option to preorder earlier today and did. Now I can stop worrying. I'm guessing maybe GameStop cancelled preorders of scalpers who ordered something crazy like 10 of these.
Glad you got your order in. I, myself, am surprised this was a GameStop only release as I thought, at least, the PlayStation store would carry it. I've been debating on whether I should get the First Colossi figure that was released overseas since it appears to not have a U.S. announcement.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Dreamcazman's Avatar
Dreamcazman Dreamcazman is offline
Senior Member
 
Dreamcazman's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,479
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpen View Post
Seriously? You legitimately don't see what scalpers do to be shady and morally wrong? Free market isn't the point here and that's evident by what so many other companies do: Limiting how many orders someone can place for limited or hot items. But you think this to be a fine thing to do?

Well, alright then, this is all I need to know about the perspective of hobby collecting of this forum.
While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-12-2018, 12:55 AM
defiler defiler is offline
Member
 
defiler's Flag is: United States
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 199
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcazman View Post
While I do not condone scalping of huge quantities, I think all of us are guilty of it to some degree.

If people are silly enough to pay exorbitant prices for things, that's their problem. On the plus side, if nobody buys it, the scalpers are stuck with it, there is usually only a certain period of time when an item is hot to sell.
Yeah, like lithographs. Some scalpers on Ebay ave been stuck with hundreds of extras that I see them finally liquidating now. The funnier ones are the ones I see with 5 year old lithos trying to sell for $250, when 99% of the others are like $20 on Ebay. lol
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-13-2018, 09:53 PM
g6t9ed's Avatar
g6t9ed g6t9ed is online now
Member
 
g6t9ed's Flag is: United States Texas
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 360
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Hey Gary,

Do you know what the deal is with this release? I feel like I'm the only person to preorder this statue as no one is talking about when it's supposed to actually show up. I know it's been delayed and GameStop's website states it's supposed to be released today but when I called them, they say they don't know when it'll arrive.

Do you know what's up? I'd be happy to hear an actual update from the "horse's mouth" since I've been given the runaround these past few anxious weeks.

Thanks again for all that you do.

Edit: Just checked the website again, and now it says a release date of 07/27/2018. Let's hope this one sticks.

Last edited by g6t9ed; 07-13-2018 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Change to release date.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-01-2018, 08:01 AM
garybarth garybarth is offline
Member
 
garybarth's Flag is: United States
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 107
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:







Thanks!
Gary
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Ayiu's Avatar
Ayiu Ayiu is offline
CE.o News Team
 
Ayiu's Flag is: Europe Europe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,060
Default Re: New Shadow of the Colossus statue

Quote:
Originally Posted by garybarth View Post
Hi Gang,

Sorry I’ve been radio silent for awhile. I’ve been slammed with projects, traveling to lots of shows and dealing with a death in the family. The SOTC is done and has been for quite awhile (they look amazing BTW). This was the first time my new vendor had worked with GameStop and they weren’t used to all the stringent compliance procedures (including a factory inspection), so it delayed things quite a bit, but I can assure you that they are all on a boat and on their way. We sent 30 units to Japan studio and they loved them. I’m really happy with the quality of samples on this product. So hang in there. I appreciate your patience.

Regarding the GameStop distribution issue, our gear store is going through a bit of a transition at the moment so for the SOTC statue, GameStop was the exclusive distributor. I can’t say for sure if that’s going to be an ongoing deal on all my statues. There are definite advantages of working with GameStop (including Intl sales) so we’ll see how things work out with my next statue for Days Gone. It’s designed and modeled by the game team and it’s going to be slightly larger in scale than my Kratos/Atreus statue. Here’s the early prototype on display at PAX:







Thanks!
Gary

Regarding international sales: Gamestop.com does no longer offer shipping to Europe due to the General Data Protection Regulation which took effect on May 25. So I'm sure there are a lot of people who will not be happy about exclusive Gamestop.com distribution rights. Just on a side note
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2008 - 2012 Aurobius LLC