Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
DB Proprietor

ingmar1988's Flag is: Netherlands
Default Killzone Visual Design Collectors Edition Art Book available from C&B

Cook&Becker has done it again, after all the great artworks for games?such as the Last of Us, Killzone, Okami, Journey and Mass Effect they have now entered the world of art books!

Killzone Visual Design: Celebrating 15 Years of Killzone is the first comprehensive overview of the visual development of the million-selling Killzone video game series. With unlimited access to the image archives of game studio Guerrilla and the people involved in making Killzone, compilers Cook & Becker and Arjan Terpstra unearthed images and stories from fifteen years of unique visual design.

This 208 page art book gives a detailed, illustrated account of the idiosyncratic design philosophy behind the Killzone video game series, the beautiful concept art used to create the Killzone universe and the amazing attention to detail Guerrilla bestows on its games. From early hand-drawn concept art used for the first Killzone game to awe-inspiring in-game renders from Killzone Shadow Fall: this book truly celebrates the talent and skill of Killzone?s makers. This coffee table art book will inspire fans and anyone involved in visual design ? be it video game design or any of the other design arts.

The book features an opening statement by Guerrilla studio director Hermen Hulst and President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida.

Killzone Visual Design: Celebrating 15 years of Killzone is available in a special Limited Edition and an open edition Standard Hardcover. The inside of both books is identical.

About the Collector's Edition
Black-edged, soft-touch hardcover
Limited to a 1.000 hand-signed copies.
Includes hand-numbered Killzone concept art giclee print "Stahl Arms"(30 x 23 cm Certified Art Giclee? printed on 270 gsm. Radiant White using archival inks).
Comes in a luxury box.
208 pages
Full Color
English Language

Available to order now at Cook&Becker... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 12-09-2015, 04:50 PM

CheapAssassin's Flag is: United States
Default Re: Killzone Visual Design Collectors Edition Art Book available from C&B

Damn this book is sexy...
Old 12-09-2015, 04:55 PM

KnightOfTruth's Flag is: United States
Default Re: Killzone Visual Design Collectors Edition Art Book available from C&B

Not a Killzone fan but I REALLY hope they do something like this for the Battlefield series! I love their art prints for those and a comprehensive collection of all the main BF titles' art would be amazing!
Hey all, things have really heated up lately and I'm not as available as I used to be. If I have something of yours, its still safe and sound, and I'll be looking to ship it ASAP before the next move. If you have things of mine, PLEASE PM me what I owe you and I'll send payment right away, thanks for your patience!

My Collection (WIP)
My Want List

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkhor86 View Post
That's the Truth, from the Knight of Truth
Old 12-09-2015, 05:17 PM
DB Proprietor

ingmar1988's Flag is: Netherlands

Also available at playstation gear store for NA customers http://gear.playstation.com/en-us/bo...html?brand=411

Make me an offer i cant refuse and anything from my collection is for sale
Old 12-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Maarten Brands's Flag is: Netherlands Netherlands

Thanks for the post Ingmar.

C&B will be doing more video game art books next year and of course we will try to raise the bar with all of them!
Old 12-10-2015, 05:00 PM

CheapAssassin's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarten Brands View Post
Thanks for the post Ingmar.

C&B will be doing more video game art books next year and of course we will try to raise the bar with all of them!
Cant wait to see what you guys have in store for Bloodborne & The Order 1886

Btw Maarten, got my prints. Still in tube I haven't got time to unpack them yet.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:51 AM

Maarten Brands's Flag is: Netherlands Netherlands

Be sure to let me know if you like them. Or don't like them

I was very pleased with our The Order and Bloodborne prints. Darker image always need some extra love and attention to really make them shine without the backlight of a TV or monitor.
Closed Thread