Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > Video Game Collecting

Old 10-20-2017, 01:40 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States
Default Re: Limited Run Games Thread

a re-release COMPLETE edition of HORIZON DAWN for PS4 is listed on AMAZON US for $49.99
Old 10-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Staff Member

GameTrigger's Flag is: Estonia Tallinn, Estonia

Excited to announce that we've been approved to publish retail games on the Nintendo Switch.
Our first release will hit in 2018!
https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRu...03003168534530
Old 10-22-2017, 08:44 PM
DB Proprietor

game_player_s's Flag is: United States
Send a message via AIM to game_player_s Send a message via Yahoo to game_player_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by defiler View Post
Many of the games do this.... a year or so after the fact. Hitman, Mafia 2, Dishonored, Bioshock... a few to name that got releases year or more afterwards that contained all the DLC.
I believe the point Twisted is getting at though is in the case of game like the one he specified, where the DLC was actually already ready for release before the game had itself even been released... which seems to be something Nintendo is really bad about.

Many games get DLC several months or even a year or more after the initial release of the base game itself because either the developers hadn't begun working on the new content yet at all or it was merely still in concept at the appointed release time for the games. But this utter BS where the game developer not only has planned for DLC expansion, but already has the DLC ready before the game has even hit the market is just foolish non-sense and a means to attempt skimming even more profits from already paying customers.

But yes, I like to wait and see if GOTY editions of such titles get released and then buy those. I will say though that EA is really terrible with their GOTY's per their reputation. I have had one personal experience with them thus far, and it was this year. I was debating between Star Wars: Battlefront (now with MSRP $19.99) and Star Wars: Battlefront: Ultimate Edition (MSRP $39.99). After carefully studying the descriptions on the back of each case I ended up just buying the regular edition, and boy was I glad I did that! All of the expansion content from the "Ultimate Edition" gets installed by default in the current 30+GB update patch for the game. And even if you bought the "Ultimate Edition", the back of the package indicates the three expansions are not included on the disc! This is EA just scamming shoppers for a extra $20.

But I rather agree with Twisted on the sentiment of prefering to have the whole game on purchase day, and not have to deal with the massive inconveniences that are DLC. And further, just waiting for a GOTY release that comes with the former DLC-only content already included and any bug patches already implemented.
Old 10-24-2017, 12:52 AM

defiler's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by game_player_s View Post
I believe the point Twisted is getting at though is in the case of game like the one he specified, where the DLC was actually already ready for release before the game had itself even been released... which seems to be something Nintendo is really bad about.

Many games get DLC several months or even a year or more after the initial release of the base game itself because either the developers hadn't begun working on the new content yet at all or it was merely still in concept at the appointed release time for the games. But this utter BS where the game developer not only has planned for DLC expansion, but already has the DLC ready before the game has even hit the market is just foolish non-sense and a means to attempt skimming even more profits from already paying customers.

But yes, I like to wait and see if GOTY editions of such titles get released and then buy those. I will say though that EA is really terrible with their GOTY's per their reputation. I have had one personal experience with them thus far, and it was this year. I was debating between Star Wars: Battlefront (now with MSRP $19.99) and Star Wars: Battlefront: Ultimate Edition (MSRP $39.99). After carefully studying the descriptions on the back of each case I ended up just buying the regular edition, and boy was I glad I did that! All of the expansion content from the "Ultimate Edition" gets installed by default in the current 30+GB update patch for the game. And even if you bought the "Ultimate Edition", the back of the package indicates the three expansions are not included on the disc! This is EA just scamming shoppers for a extra $20.

But I rather agree with Twisted on the sentiment of prefering to have the whole game on purchase day, and not have to deal with the massive inconveniences that are DLC. And further, just waiting for a GOTY release that comes with the former DLC-only content already included and any bug patches already implemented.
I have never seen those cases. That's crazy that the devs/publishers would even do that. I know I have seen some games where they had to make a release date so some of the unfinished stuff got moved to DLC and released a month into it, which is bad enough.

At least it's not like Hitman: You get a shell of a game (3 levels) and then have to wait a year for a new level to get released every month No way a GOTY edition gets released then
Old 10-31-2017, 08:05 AM

the first rumored nintendo switch physical release from Limited Run is allegedly "Golf Story" which has RPG like elements and is a Nintendo switch exclusive digital release. the second rumored release is the digital game for switch FAST RMX...Limited run Doug gave an interview and said 2 of his top faves for Nintendo digtal released games are Golf Story and Fast RMX and the first physical release he can't tell us, but it'll be a "hole in one" so that pretty much is a giveaway clue..i believe those 2 will be the first ones out of the gates for the physical release of Switch games by Limited Run in 2018.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:06 AM

Another thing, Limited Run Doug pointed out, that with there Nintendo switch game carts, they want "to make them something special, something to show Nintendo we appreciate and love them"..so i assume collector's editions or manuals or cover variants etc. as well.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM
Staff Member

Non-LRG limited (2600pcs) release for Caveman Warriors

https://www.play-asia.com/caveman-wa...eid=32681d0f99
Old 11-02-2017, 08:12 AM

Limited Run Games first stated that they regretted NOT doing the 24 hour open pre order window format for WonderBoy like they did for Ys Origins on a trial basis, because demand was much stronger on WonderBoy then the copies released for sale, and limited run games felt regrettably they 'left money on the table"..today Nicalis USA announces mass release for the NTSC market at least for WonderBoy on PS4 and Switch...initially a reprint with a different publisher, now limited run games jumps in and states, "Oh we personally feel like we've satiated demand for PS4 Wonderboy, but it'll be nice to see it on switch"...i am NOT knocking on Limited Run..i purchase A LOT from them..but when official representatives makes conflicting statements, i have a question about credibility...i feel like when Limited Run Games did there Wonderboy sale, they DID seriously regret NOT PRINTING MORE!!!..and THAT IS WHY, they did the Ys Open Window pre order for 24 hours to be able to cash in on the opportunities..NOTHING wrong with that, it's a business.,,.of course,..i would aim for higher profits too..but when they jumped in today to DOWNPLAY and Discredit Nicalis effort to build hype for the PS4 release of Wonderboy i did find it a bit in poor taste, because the truth about limited run believing there offerings was on point and satiated demand..is FALSE, because they publicly stated so on social media..i just don't like it when companies official statments from their reps make twist and turns, and as a collector, it begins to bother me, because it is confusing the limited run mission statements, i would rather have them just stick to the original story, they regretted the lower print run for WonderBoy PS4 ..they would of wished they could print more at that time..and not say.."oh, we MET demand, we ARE satisfied with the run of PS4 WonderBoy games..which i would say is a "lie" ..just my 2 cents about flip flopping on social media about the games print run sizes.

Last edited by Twisted; 11-02-2017 at 08:13 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-02-2017, 08:17 AM

PS4 game collector's do you view the Play-Asia titles as essential for PS4 Completionists if you live in North America? or even Europe for that matter? or do you look at them as strictly R3 ASIA region releases, and NOT like a subset or part of a NTSC set of PS4 games like Limited Run or V Blank etc...i feel like the lines are getting blurred..that Play Asia limited sets are aimed at USA/Europe Markets..i doubt it's intended first for Asia countries..."colleciting games" is not a big soiree in some ASIAN Markets due to marcoeconomics, usually most people settle for pirated games, and downloads and grey market purchases...i don't see the fervor in those nations for a small print run, they hype revolves around the western markets and their not aiming at there rivals Japan..the games have mostly english and asian options..

Last edited by Twisted; 11-02-2017 at 08:20 AM. Reason: edit
Old 11-02-2017, 09:06 AM
Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted View Post
PS4 game collector's do you view the Play-Asia titles as essential for PS4 Completionists if you live in North America? or even Europe for that matter? or do you look at them as strictly R3 ASIA region releases, and NOT like a subset or part of a NTSC set of PS4 games like Limited Run or V Blank etc...i feel like the lines are getting blurred..that Play Asia limited sets are aimed at USA/Europe Markets..i doubt it's intended first for Asia countries..."colleciting games" is not a big soiree in some ASIAN Markets due to marcoeconomics, usually most people settle for pirated games, and downloads and grey market purchases...i don't see the fervor in those nations for a small print run, they hype revolves around the western markets and their not aiming at there rivals Japan..the games have mostly english and asian options..
Main marketing goal is that you get physical copy of (only) digitally released game.
Friend of mine, who started collect LRG from beginning, says that today is business to big already and he must thinking what to buy/hunt and what not...