Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom
Default Re: Resistance 3 Special and Survivor Edition Announced, PAL exclusive.

^ i agree entirely, ive never understood this either
Old 06-30-2011, 07:19 AM

Vlad's Flag is: Scotland Glasgow, Scotland

So has anybody found the Survivor Edition for preorder in the UK yet?
(Preferably with the necklace...)

I've checked loads of places and found nothing.
Only thing I seen was the Doomsday Edition for £150 on Zavvi.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

Sorry nothing yet, there is an edition over at GAME but it's the Special edition.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

GAME now have the Survivor Edition up on their site, but the link to pre-order is not yet active:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/~r355822/

Also not sure whether this is going to be exclusive to them here in the UK, or whether it will be widely available from the likes of PLAY, ShopTo, and HMV etc. Will shoot GAME a Tweet now to find out about exclusivity and also try to find out when the listing goes live
Old 07-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Staff Member

mosavon's Flag is: UK United Kingdom

Great, i pre-ordered the special "steelbook" edition already at game, would be strange if they secured both as exclusives?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:37 PM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts
Exclamation Exporting CE games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
GAME now have the Survivor Edition up on their site, but the link to pre-order is not yet active:

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Shooter-First-Person/Resistance-3-Survivor-Edition/~r355822/

Also not sure whether this is going to be exclusive to them here in the UK, or whether it will be widely available from the likes of PLAY, ShopTo, and HMV etc. Will shoot GAME a Tweet now to find out about exclusivity and also try to find out when the listing goes live
Do any of those retailers you mention above (or any other) export these collectible editions (if they sell them) to North America? I'm curious because I know some retailers do international shipping for games because there are Americans who import their games from the likes of Japan, etc. I have found that all the GAME sites do not ship international, and I don't think PLAY does either.
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 07-10-2011, 08:08 PM

AJLareneg's Flag is: United States California
Send a message via AIM to AJLareneg
Default Re: Exporting CE games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
Do any of those retailers you mention above (or any other) export these collectible editions (if they sell them) to North America? I'm curious because I know some retailers do international shipping for games because there are Americans who import their games from the likes of Japan, etc. I have found that all the GAME sites do not ship international, and I don't think PLAY does either.
GAME does ship internationally, as I have ordered from them before. You just need to have a way to pay them as they don't accept paypal.

Old 07-11-2011, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLareneg View Post
GAME does ship internationally, as I have ordered from them before. You just need to have a way to pay them as they don't accept paypal.
I pre-ordered Crysis 2 Nano edition from GAME.co.uk a long time before it was released, then, just a short while before release, I got a message explaining my order was canceled because they could not ship to where I lived (North America). However, that was a very large collector's edition (probably the largest of all in the past 10 years) so maybe it was in part due to the size; haven't tried ordering any regular size games (but why would I do that anyway when I just buy those here where I live?)
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 07-11-2011, 03:53 AM

AJLareneg's Flag is: United States California
Send a message via AIM to AJLareneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
I pre-ordered Crysis 2 Nano edition from GAME.co.uk a long time before it was released, then, just a short while before release, I got a message explaining my order was canceled because they could not ship to where I lived (North America). However, that was a very large collector's edition (probably the largest of all in the past 10 years) so maybe it was in part due to the size; haven't tried ordering any regular size games (but why would I do that anyway when I just buy those here where I live?)
Ah, I think they do have a weight limit for how much they can ship internationally.

Yea, I just checked their shipping FAQ and it says this: "We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders."

Makes sense... all I ordered from them before was a special edition which are almost the same size/weight as a standard release.

Old 07-11-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLareneg View Post
Ah, I think they do have a weight limit for how much they can ship internationally.

Yea, I just checked their shipping FAQ and it says this: "We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders."

Makes sense... all I ordered from them before was a special edition which are almost the same size/weight as a standard release.
Yup. Well, there goes that idea. Looking like eBay will be my only source for obtaining this "Survivor" edition.

My New Life Need God

Closed Thread