Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Re: Forza Motorsport 4

Well, so far it seems to be fetching about $120 on eBay which is a pretty good return on investment.

You can speculate all you want but the best way to estimate the value down the road is to look at similar items Historically

Forza 3 LCE is getting about $30 used and $60 new.
Forza 2 LCE is rare enough that there isn't a single NTSC copy for sale on eBay.

Keep in mind that Forza 4 LCE is the first one to include a SteelBook which have a habit of dramatically increasing the desirability and value of a CE.

It doesn't really matter how many are produced what matters is the ratio of the number produced vs the demand. and so far that is in the favor of the collector.

Personally I don't really care if this release increases or decreases in value, I'm a fan of the Forza series and I bought it purely for personal enjoyment.

Anyone buying this game in hopes it will appreciate in value is IMO a fool, as most of the indicators point to it not doing so
-big name publisher
-very popular series
-widespread release
-type of game that will rarely get played once a sequel is released.

^all of those tend to make CEs drop in value A LOT

About the only thing going for it is the SteelBook and the fact that it seems MS underestimated demand.

Though I still doubt MS will be making more of them. That "shipment" Amazon received could simply be a re-allocation from one of their sister stores (which happens quite a bit). Think about it... do you really think Best Buy would have caused themselves so much negative publicity and paid their customers with $20 gift cards if there was even a chance of getting a 2nd shipment?

Last edited by twistedsymphony; 10-13-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 02:24 PM

grinny20800's Flag is: Great Britain Brighton, United Kingdom

Got myself a PAL copy of Forza Motorsport 4 today! Not a bad looking pack, also gamestation UK chopped off 10 GBP from the Wireless steering wheel when bought with FOrza 4. Here are some pics of the Limited Collector's Edition, unfortunately no USB key as in the press pack, but a nice steel case for the game & content discs & a hard back book with information on different supercars, written by the guys at Top Gear.

For some strange reason the photos are not showing here, but if you click on the broken link, you can see from flickr.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Owner/Founder

If you needed more fodder to back the idea that there will probably NOT be a 2nd shipment:
http://jalopnik.com/5849616/walmart-...imited-edition

Walmart over sold the LCE and as an apology they gave away FREE copies of the standard edition to those effected. That's a huge chunk of change that Walmart is eating for goodwill.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 PM

bbki's Flag is: United States Los Angeles

For american fellow
I think you can order from Fry

here

Because their website did not pop up in google shopping list so they still have some left.
I get 2 copy yesterday so I think they still have some now.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Owner/Founder

*** Added photos of the NTSC Limited Collector's Edition ***

Old 10-18-2011, 06:24 AM

Twisted's Flag is: United States United States

That wal-mart e-mail is ridiculous!!!..just YESTERDAY!!! I walked into 2 different wal-marts, (looking for hot wheels collectables) and BOTH STORES!!! had Forza 4 limited edition on hand,..on avg. about 4 copies each..so i helped myself to one!