Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 PM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Physical Warfare Pack revealed

You I know I feel exactly the same way as the Americans, I feel I have to make extra efforts to obtain CE/LE that don't get released in Australia or Europe for that matter. Some examples include LPB2 CE, AC:B CE [Jack in a box], DS2: CE with Plasma Gun. Even if they're not the greatest of quality the point is that I had to spend quite a bit on shipping to import those.

How awesome was the NBA 2k10 CE with the locker!! Nobody else got that except for USA, and MLB The Show series doesn't even get a release outside of the US and yet we receive Madden games?!? Explain that to the rest of the world Sony!?

I think the Australian market is tough and retailers are trying to combat it by luring us to "exclusives" which can also be obtained from online sites though sometimes you actually need to search for them or are also exclusive to some online stores.

Funnily enough, GAME.co.uk got this 'Physical Warfare Pack' back in late May when I preordered it, and I was awaiting the announcement for this in Australia. And with the price tag their asking I'm happy to wait a few weeks for mine to arrive from the UK as EB won't be price-matching theirs due to being a "different" version to other retail stores.

What concerns me though is that GAME.co.uk doesn't include the Steelbook cover in their description nor their pictures!? And another thing is that it's possible that the 'steelbook case' will be the same for all formats, as in the same size [DVD size] going by the picture displayed.

And now I'm not sure which format to get it on?? PC cheaper and better in-game quality or PS3 pay for more, get less for graphics??
Old 07-19-2011, 06:38 PM

OHSD's Flag is: United States Atlanta
Default Re: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Steelbook = I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverflash View Post
I understand people wanting to save money, but as a Collector, I do not care about saving money, but rather, I care only about getting the most lavish and collectible edition of a game I love that I can find.

With all this exclusive B#%$@# retailers are doing now I am unable to get more than 1/2 of the best Collector's editions coming out unless I find them on eBay sometime after release. I just feel more and more alienated living here in the US as each new game comes out...
This.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Site Supporter

Mike1888's Flag is: Canada Ottawa

Could I get some australian help in acquiring this from Canada?
Old 07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich

So the Australians get nice packaging, and all we get is a standard edition with some DLC codes. For a game that is being hailed as the MW3 beater (doubtful), it will most likely sell by the millions and this is the best that EA can come up with? If they want to compete with MW3, then why the hell aren't they making more of an effort to produce some kind of lavish Collector's Edition for the fans, like Activision have done since Call Of Duty 2 (omitting COD 3)
Old 09-25-2011, 08:25 PM

surfdude73's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
So the Australians get nice packaging, and all we get is a standard edition with some DLC codes. For a game that is being hailed as the MW3 beater (doubtful), it will most likely sell by the millions and this is the best that EA can come up with? If they want to compete with MW3, then why the hell aren't they making more of an effort to produce some kind of lavish Collector's Edition for the fans, like Activision have done since Call Of Duty 2 (omitting COD 3)
HMV have an exclusive steelbook as a pre order, here is the link http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...T.mc_id=101915
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM

surfdude73's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
So the Australians get nice packaging, and all we get is a standard edition with some DLC codes.
HMV have an exclusive steelbook as a pre order, here is the link http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduct...T.mc_id=101915
Closed Thread