Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Display Case > CE Discussion

Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 PM

CaptainJackHarknes's Flag is: United States
Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Here's the deal I signed up for: I myself got this collectors edition for $60.

Yes that's right $60. I ordered a PC version of Skyrim (boxed) for 59.99...and somehow shipper messed up and gave me 2 PC copies and then on top of this charged my card a 3rd time (59.99 x 3) for 179.97. It has been 2 weeks since I called them and they reversed all the charges, and it has been 2 weeks solid that I received 2 PC copies without sending it back (i told them as well). With this...I sold the PC copies (after I played them) 59.99 each and essentially..realistically paid only the $60 + 5 tax for a collectors edition (even though my receipt says $155.90)

My question is this...I personally never opened the box. It has only been a few days since I picked it up and 1 month from release. Gears 3 only dropped after 3 months to reasonable prices, but now no retailer has them and its skyrocketed in value....

Should I RETURN the $149.99 Collector's Edition unopened and WAIT for a price drop. Even if I wait....will I have high chances of even GETTING the deal? I mean it's crazy how much prices drop (Killzone 3 Helghast, Infamous 2) and how deadly quick the bundles go...

Any expert advice from all Collectors Edition members would be appreciated. Am I overthinking this?
Old 12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
DB Proprietor

gurpswoo1's Flag is: UK United Kingdom (UK)

When they refunded you, the serial number on the receipt will no longer be valid and they won't refund you. They could technically charge for the copies you have aswell.

The PC version will be the sort after one in the future, well that and and Xbox version. PS3 not so much.

Personally I expect the price to drop but the $60 you got your copy for in the end is already a seriously good price. Wouldn't bother.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:55 PM

Resseh's Flag is: UK

picked up my CE today but im disappointed. the book seems very nice. but the statue seems very cheap and nasty considering the RRP. I probably should have waited for it to be £50 but most stores seem to be running out of stock.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
DB Proprietor

Yeah my local gamestation are all out. maybe it's time to pick it up.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:35 AM

Lemur's Flag is: Singapore

FUS-RO-DAH!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 12:40 PM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand

In New Zealand they do shops do not usually accept PC game returns. Consoles yes, but not PC. The only way you might get around it is by refusing the delivery of the pc game. I'd keep them if I were you. The Alduin statues are awesome and will gain value imao. Sure they go down in value relatively soon after a release, but a year or three down the track... I'm still dribbling all over my screen at the dude on you tube whom got the orig Assassin's Creed CE WITH Altair figurine UNOPENED for a fiver. Dunno why it was so cheap, but people are selling those babies for hundreds now. (btw Ubi has an ACR Ezio for sale in the uistore atm that goes nicely with that Altair figurine and the Black/White Edition AC2 Ezio Figurines. It cost me NZ$60 incl ship. They have an AC2 handpainted polystone Ezio as well atm that is costing much much more as well). I do get pissed off seeing say the Deus Ex HR CE that I payed NZ$200 for on sale for half that, but store need to clear stock. Someone will want to pay more down the track. Hold on to them.

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions
Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM

kennyrh's Flag is: UK Sunderland UK

I was lucky . . .I have a mate in a Gamestation not far from me who texted me and said they had one copy of the CE (PS3 - which I preferred) at an amazing £69.99.

Needless to say, I hotfooted it over there sharpish with me cash.

Lucky thing was, when I got the text i was on my way to transfer some cash into my bank to pay £89.99 from GAME online. Christ, can you imagine the fun the carriers would have had with THAT.

(It was bloody hard to get home on the bus, though )
Old 12-08-2011, 09:09 PM
DB Proprietor

Quote:
(It was bloody hard to get home on the bus, though )
LOL bet you got some looks.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:02 AM

procion's Flag is: New Zealand Auckland, New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resseh View Post
picked up my CE today but im disappointed. the book seems very nice. but the statue seems very cheap and nasty considering the RRP. I probably should have waited for it to be £50 but most stores seem to be running out of stock.
That depends on why you think it looks cheap and nasty. Is it because it does not weigh much? Remember that the stand is just that... a stand and personally I think it holds up very well what I like the most about the the whole thing: the statue itself. In my opinion the statue is not trying to be something that it is not. What I mean is that it is not trying to look like something ELSE that it is NOT(this is what failed so miserably the GoW3 Pandora's Box box. It LOOKS like it is cheap plastic spraypainted to look like bronze, or gold or whatever it is supposed to be. In fact it fails so epically that all it looks like is just that: cheap plastic spraypainted with the gods know what so it doesn't looks like gilding nor any type of metal, Just crappy plastic). To me the Alduin statue looks like Alduin, Remarkably. PVC is a somewhat new technology that is becoming more refined as moulders master their processes in getting their works to look amazing.
I had a word with my local Comic/figurine store and asked her, before the Skyrim CE was released what I might expect in this statue as I was very worried that the statue being plastic, as I had heard on the net, might render it as looking and being a piece of crap. She told me that the point was not yet moot on whether polystone nor pvc were better or worse than the other. Each has its good and bad points. But she assured me that I would not be disapointed and not to expect something that looks cheap and nasty. And she was right.
All of my visitors to my home have remarked how amazing the dragon statue looks, yet on picking the thing up some have altered their opinion for the worse because it is so light on the hands and they have relegated it to the "it must be cheap plastic because it is too light" bin. On my explaining about PVC and the fact that I feel it is not trying to BE anything that it is not(apart from a statue of course), they looked and weighed and felt the statue with a different perspective, and I hope a much better opinion of the wyrm. peace....

Pls feel free to join and like my Facebook page CollectorEditions: https://www.facebook.com/collectoreditions
Old 12-09-2011, 07:55 PM

kennyrh's Flag is: UK Sunderland UK

I'm not sure what to think about it, actually. Obviously the fact that i got it for something close to half-price is a big factor in it's favour. I didn't pre-order it simply because I thought it was hideously overpriced for the content.

The artbook is outstanding, i have to say . . .but it's the statue I can't make my mind up about. I was expecting something really solid and heavy but my opinion is much the same as everyone else. The base is cheap and nasty but the dragon somehow looks cool.

If I'd paid the £90 online price at the time then i would maybe have been a bit disappointed, but at £70 - I can't really complain.

Weird thing is, although it's selling well at the new price online, my chat-buddies in the local shops say it's not shifting too well at all. And there seems to be a surplus of 360 copies with hardly any PC or PS3.