Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH
Default Bioshock 2 Special Edition Details Revealed

Details of the upcoming Special Edition of BioShock 2 have been released via the Cult of Rapture site.
Over the past few months, I have seen a lot of speculation around whether or not we would have a special edition for BioShock 2, and if we did, what would be inside.

This is the announcement many of you have been waiting for: There will be a BioShock 2 Special Edition.

The Special Edition will come in 13"x13? premium packaging with special art on both the slipcase and the box cover. Inside, you will find three posters featuring vintage ads from Rapture (rolled), a vinyl 180g LP featuring the orchestral score from the original BioShock, a CD containing the BioShock 2 orchestral score, a 164 page 8"x11" hardbound artbook chock full of developer commentary and, of course, a copy of BioShock 2.

This edition will be available on February 9th, 2010 for $99.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3 and $89.99 for Games for Windows LIVE and is limited to a single production run. You'll be able to preorder the Special Edition in most countries worldwide, starting now.

Stay tuned for the Official Unboxing for a closer look at the BioShock 2 Special Edition.

... View this article on the HomePage.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 PM
Staff Member

Default Re: Bioshock 2 Special Edition Details Revealed

Any news on anything for PAL regions? Best ive found is some free downloadable multiplayer characters...woo.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Owner/Founder

twistedsymphony's Flag is: United States NH

it seems like a wide spread release in the US.. I've seen it advertised at most of the department stores/big box stores/ etc... it's not a video game store exclusive... considering how much they're pushing it here I think it will probably see a world wide release.

the cult of rapture website will be the first place they make an announcement so I'd sign up there if you want to know the moment it's officially announced

Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Staff Member

Seems a bit late now for them to announce one, bah!

I need to get pics of my recent additions for you man, ive been slacking.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:29 PM

Maven's Flag is: England England

Play.com has the special edition for the UK, here's the link:

PS3
http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStatio...n/Product.html

XBOX360
http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-...n/Product.html
Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Staff Member

yeah noticed that the other day and ordered, had just logged in to come post it, heh.

shame only play have it as i bloomin hate play.com
Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Maven's Flag is: England England

Play does seem to get their fair share of special editions. Game & Game station get a few like GOW trilogy but mostly some standard slipcase they charge extra for. Same for shopto, they get the occasional steelbook. The main surprise is HMV. With the retail music industry in decline due to the internet & downloads they seem to be turning their attention to the games industry. This was firstly shown with Modern Warfare 2 & the Prestige Edition, now Heavy Rain & no doubts a few more in the pipeline for this year.
Although Play are not the greatest when it comes to service, I'm glad to have found Bioshock 2 special edition there as it will save me paying import duties when ordering from Gamestop & over exaggerated eBay prices.
Also it shows that the divide between the distributions of collector’s edition either side of the pond seems to becoming more neutral. When I first started collecting PS3 titles Europe seemed to get shafted whilst America was pampered. Although Europe still doesn't get such good collector edition treatment, it's a hell of a lot better!
Closed Thread