Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Social Network Liaison

Gemini-Phoenix's Flag is: UK Ipswich
Default Re: Help Design the CE for Borderlands 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemn_In_Berlin View Post
If they must do diecast models, the preferred scale is 1:24 (I personally prefer 1:18 but I'm trying to be realistic here). 1:43 is still acceptable, but 1:64 is too small.
My reasoning is, the smaller they are, the more of them they can cram into the edition, and the more space for other goodies

I see a lot of people requesting some kind of Claptrap to be incorporated, either as the box itself, or as a figure / statue. No doubt they will get their wish and a cheap mould of a Claptrap will form part of this set

I also see a lot of people requesting the box to be a toolbox as found in the game, and after seeing the Uncharted 3 CE, I am thinking that this may become a reality as well
Old 09-09-2011, 08:40 PM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts
Exclamation Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I have made my suggestions clear there already, and the 2 MOST important things I want GearBox to consider for Borderlands 2 CE are:

1)What is the most memorable Character? Obviously the Claptrap. One of the most unique characters in a game I have ever experienced. They should correct the wrongs of NECA (which was supposed to release a talking premium claptrap figure a year ago but didn't) and they should make a premium figure of Claptrap w/ moveable parts and a talking base that says memorable quotes of the claptrap from the game.

2)Packaging. The packaging HAS to be really well thought out. I want to see a "red weapon" chest (or Crimson lance chest) design for the package; it should be "fuctional" like the new Drakes Deception US CE will be. The top should open up and it should have to sides that fold out to the left and right and become "shelves" like the chests in the game did.

Everything else has already been suggested: (artbooks, dvds, map, posters, w/e) so I wanted to STRESS these two key points. Lets hope they listen! Borderlands is one of my most FAVORITE games in recent years. Has made it's way into my top 15 of all time.
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM

Solemn_In_Berlin's Flag is: Philippines Fort Frolic, Rapture
Send a message via Yahoo to Solemn_In_Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix View Post
My reasoning is, the smaller they are, the more of them they can cram into the edition, and the more space for other goodies
Fair enough.

Expectations mixed in with suggestions:

Limited Edition:

The game - With a slipcase, perhaps?
DLC - I'm not holding my breath that it'll be exclusive forevermore to the special editions. Polyphony Digital are the only guys that showed love for their fans in the CE DLC exclusivity department. $5-10 dollars worth of DLC, maybe.
Five art cards - Because five is practically the traditional number for CE art cards.

Collector's Edition: Packaged in the traditional CE box, the Collector's Edition contains:

DLC - $5-10 worth of DLC, maybe.
Hardcover mini-artbook and sountrack - A traditional collector's edition always has three vital elements: the game, the artbook and the soundtrack or making-of. With Borderlands's distinct art style, this is a given. 100 pages is my guess, going by previous editions such as Killzone 3 and Duke Nukem Forever. In the end is a flap that keeps the soundtrack CD intact.
Claptrap bobblehead or plushie - I've read the suggestions from the Gearbox forums and most of them say that they aren't happy with the idea of having another statue or figurine. However, they do want Claptrap in some way or form. I still expect the figurine coming but for now, I have a feeling Claptrap will land either as a bobblehead or plushie. Maybe both, with the usual GameStop gets this exclusively and the rest gets this.
1:64 diecast model -Created in conjunction with Hot Wheels/Greenlight, this is a diecast model of any of the in-game vehicles.
High-quality paper: poster, map, etc. - Should be tear-resistant, waterproof and will minimize creases. It could be the world map, character poster, an ad, anything really.

Vault Hunter's Edition - Otherwise known as the Super Collector's Edition. I didn't want to do this but we all know it's coming. The best Borderlands 2 special edition to be available in retail stores, this one will be exclusive to select European countries.

The Vault Hunter's Edition (they can name it any name they want as long as it's not called the Limited Collector's Edition or the Special Edition or any other generic name) is the definitive package for any Borderlands fan. Inside its high-end collector's box modeled after the game's Crimson Lance Chest (My vote's on the Red Weapon Chest, but it's most likely this one) is a plethora of treasures including:

DLC supervoucher - Exclusive character skins (posts from Gearbox suggest Duke; I suggest the original Vault Hunters), weapons, weapon skins, multiplayer privileges to give you a headstart, single-player side missions, themes, avatars and everything and anything they decide to cram in there.
Claptrap bobblehead AND plushie - Because two is better than one.
Full-sized artbook and soundtrack - Bigger and badder than the Collector's Edition artbook, this lavish full blown artbook's 9x12" and has over 185 pages of just about everything from the world of Pandora including illustrations, sketches, storyboards, character profiles, weapons, environments, etc. and everything's loaded with developer touches and commentary. In the end is a flap that keeps the soundtrack CD intact.
Psycho Mask - Gearbox knows that you've gone psycho from Borderlands 2 so here's the perfect gift for you. Would be nice if the quality's the same as the God Mask from the Lords of Shadow EU CE but plastic is also OK.
High-quality paper: poster, map, etc. - Should be tear-resistant, waterproof and will minimize creases. It could be the world map, character poster, an ad, anything really.
1:64 diecast model -Created in conjunction with Hot Wheels/Greenlight, this is a diecast model of any of the in-game vehicles.

And the ultimate edition. Taking a page out of Uncharted 2 and Killzone 3's book, this one will be very limited (Is 2000: 1000 for the PS3 and 1000 for the 360 limited enough?) and will not be available in stores worldwide. This edition can only be won through contests that can either be announced or unannounced. Ladies and gentlemen, this is the,

Claptrap Edition - A huge Claptrap with LED lights (Doesn't need to talk or walk or all that) will serve as the housing. Every Claptrap is individually numbered (Embossed numbering?) and contains:

Steelbook - Containing the game, the Steelbook has a nice effect to it that coincides with the game's theme/style.
DLC supervoucher - Exclusive character skins (posts from Gearbox suggest Duke; I suggest the original Vault Hunters), weapons, weapon skins, multiplayer privileges to give you a headstart, single-player side missions, themes, avatars and everything and anything they decide to cram in there.
Full-sized artbook and soundtrack -Bigger and badder than the Collector's Edition artbook, this lavish full blown artbook's 9x12" and has over 185 pages of just about everything from the world of Pandora including illustrations, sketches, storyboards, character profiles, weapons, environments, etc. and everything's loaded with developer touches and commentary. In the end is a flap that keeps the soundtrack CD intact.
Psycho Mask - Gearbox knows that you've gone psycho from Borderlands 2 so here's the perfect gift for you. Would be nice if the quality's the same as the God Mask from the Lords of Shadow EU CE but plastic is also OK.
1:43 diecast model -Created in conjunction with Hot Wheels/Greenlight, this is a diecast model of any of the in-game vehicles.

The main attraction of the Claptrap Edition comes in two flavors: the PS3 variant and the 360 variant. I decided to let a coin decide which goes to which with a little heads-and-tails:

PS3: 10-inch PVC statue of the original Borderlands playable characters expertly crafted by the artisans at Organic Hobby USA/Sideshow Collectibles/ArtFX or any topnotch action figure manufacturer.
360: 10-inch PVC statue of the Borderlands 2 playable characters expertly crafted by the artisans at Organic Hobby USA/Sideshow Collectibles/ArtFX or any topnotch action figure manufacturer.

I know I sound ridiculous but this is the best I could come up with realistically whilst still having what I want to see. Doesn't have to exactly be this way. Omissions and lowering of quality can be made if budget calls for it.

What can I say?

Last edited by Solemn_In_Berlin; 09-11-2011 at 04:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM

foreverflash's Flag is: United States Massachusetts
Talking Re: Help Design the CE for Borderlands 2

VERY VERY nice suggestions and ideas Solemn! Wow. YOU really got some imagination there! LOVE the concept of a Vault Hunter or Claptrap edition...
...I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you...By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

My New Life Need God

Old 09-11-2011, 04:04 PM

Solemn_In_Berlin's Flag is: Philippines Fort Frolic, Rapture
Send a message via Yahoo to Solemn_In_Berlin

^ Thanks. I got inspired by their decision to consult with the fans.

What can I say?
Closed Thread