Collectors Edition Forums

Go Back   Collectors Edition Forums > The Bulletin Board > CE News

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Matrix6's Flag is: Australia
Thumbs up Re: Assassins Creed III SteelBook and First Edition Rumor

Got these frm EB today. You pre-order the game and then they give you a copy of the 500+ pages ACR novel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vhal_x View Post
I got that book brand new for £1 at the car boot sale last week xx
Niiiice!
Old 03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
DB Proprietor

themidlandmaster's Flag is: Australia Melbourne, Australia
Default Re: Assassins Creed III SteelBook and First Edition Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix6 View Post
it's completely true, EB sent me an email about it.
It's strictly limited in numbers and only available until stocks last! So obviously, if you want it, pre-order a copy of the game [only standard copies available atm], then when the EB 'exclusive' CE becomes available, just upgrade to that and you will then get the book come release day!!!

Assassin's Creed: Revelations by Oliver Bowden is available for purchase at all leading book stores
You actually get the book when preorderinmg. Got one while trading in mass effect 3 for the metalpak
Old 03-24-2012, 12:13 PM

sleepwalker's Flag is: United States

First image of a CE:

http://playfront.de/assassins-creed-...ion-gesichtet/

Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 PM
DB Proprietor

Letrico's Flag is: Australia Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesirren View Post
this is awesome
Old 03-24-2012, 03:33 PM

HIPPEEDUDE's Flag is: Australia Somewhere:)

Quote:
Got these frm EB today. You pre-order the game and then they give you a copy of the 500+ pages ACR novel
Niiiice!
Cheeky buggers at EB games didnt give me my book when i pre-ordered,they said we dont have any yet. They also forgot to give me my carrots to,lol.
Personally i dont think the book is a great pre-order bonus considering what you spend & even wrote to EB games to complain about how pathetic it is.
The email i got back simply stated we will try to address your concerns sorta bs. I would have thought that pre-order bonuses would be something worthy by now & not so rubbishy as a book. The steelbooks,fantastic & i cant wait to get mine. Only bummer was the postage cost me more than the steel book,the steelbook cost me $1.50 but postage was $18,go figure,lol
Old 03-24-2012, 06:36 PM

I think the possible reasons of why the EB you pre-ordered didn't have any book instock was perhaps they'd already run out of copies? I don't know of when you did yours, but they were limited in quantity per store and only for a limited time. I did mine by the next day it was announced to make sure I didn't miss out. Although it's a relatively "cheap" pre-order incentive [it also only cost $10 for the novel], my intention is more of a preemptive preorder which I'll upgrade to their inevitable traditional "exclusive" edition at a later date. If I'm "forced" to purchase something for them I will take advantage of whatever they have to offer free from now until the day I collect! [and if anything...I could just cancel my preorders...free books yay! ]

As for your email/response from them, much luck I will pray for you...a decent excuse they'll give

Imagine if the US steelbook either becomes a preorder bonus from JB or GAME or as part of one of the CE they'll release later?!? Wouldn't you be soooo peeved??
Old 03-24-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I think the possible reasons of why the EB you pre-ordered didn't have any book instock was perhaps they'd already run out of copies? I don't know of when you did yours, but they were limited in quantity per store and only for a limited time. I did mine by the next day it was announced to make sure I didn't miss out. Although it's a relatively "cheap" pre-order incentive [it also only cost $10 for the novel], my intention is more of a preemptive preorder which I'll upgrade to their inevitable traditional "exclusive" edition at a later date. If I'm "forced" to purchase something for them I will take advantage of whatever they have to offer free from now until the day I collect! [and if anything...I could just cancel my preorders...free books yay! ]

As for your email/response from them, much luck I will pray for you...a decent excuse they'll give
Imagine if the US steelbook either becomes a preorder bonus from JB or GAME or as part of one of the CE they'll release later?!? Wouldn't you be soooo peeved??
Was told by them,order & get a free book,i think it even states that on the receipt i have somewhere. I dont usually buy from eb games due to their pricing etc but,you can get some bargains etc if you time it right & no what to say. I think the last thing was assassins creed animus edition,sold out everywhere,no stores had any left so i was told etc. I pushed,persisted etc & eventually the store i was in doing this found one that supposedly didnt exist in their storeroom,$100 later & it was mine. Considering some people are trying to sell just the encyclopedia out of them for $80 i think i did well.
Thats also the main reason i pre-ordered was to secure a limited edition when its here.
Also,i dont think or expect i will hear anything more from them. Which to me isnt good since we are the ones that keep them in business. As for a posssible steelbook or something else later,it hasnt happened yet. Occassionally you get lucky with a free upgrade or something,but that doesnt happen often here. We kinda get left out in some ways,which is stinky
Old 03-25-2012, 09:11 AM

Neilikki's Flag is: Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesirren View Post
image of the first CE
Fixed,lol.

Also, I think that one will be Italian exclusive or something.

The end of March is practically this week, hopefully Ubi announces something officially.

Last edited by Neilikki; 03-25-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:24 AM

I don't think we'll see any official Ubi announcements of worldwide/regional CE's until May/June. But I'm sure we'll see more of these secluded edition popping up around Europe and NA...maybe even Oz?!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I don't think we'll see any official Ubi announcements of worldwide/regional CE's until May/June. But I'm sure we'll see more of these secluded edition popping up around Europe and NA...maybe even Oz?!
Assassins Creed 3 Collector editions details etc will be released at the end of March according to their website. Wether this will happen or not however is a different story. Link below is for their website & at the bottom of the webpage in bold writing thats the time frame they have given.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en...ctID.247034300
Closed Thread