PDA

View Full Version : Hi - here's one pic to start...

Gamemaster Howard
12-27-2012, 05:44 AM
Here's my Xbox collection minus a bunch of sealed games...

http://i.imgur.com/mvG7F.jpg

The above pic shows my Launch Edition Console plus various other bits and pieces related to that era including;

The First Official Xbox Certification Submission Disc with commemorative mounting - this is the only one in existence as there can be ONLY ONE.

The XBOX Launch Team translucent green version of the console with matching translucent green controllers and AV cord - just 60 (?) were made. BillG's signature is screened in metal underneath the XBOX jewel.

The XBOX prototype replica model in machined and polished metal with illuminated XBOX logo - don't know how many of these were made. The original prototype was about 18"x18"x18 and looked just like the replica only larger - it couldn't help but make an impression on potential developers and publishers who saw it - here's a pic of it I found on the web;

http://i.imgur.com/AQFcB.jpg

The XBOX Developer Disc with the original SDK bits.

The XBOX "Halo Test" (?) disc (haven't investigated contents).

The XBOX Fall 2001 Brochure handed out at E3 2001.

The XBOX "Collector Series Official Trading Card" full set in ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION made available only (?) at E3 2001. It says "Collect all 16" but for marketing purposes no card #13 was made.

That's it to start...

evilvort3x
12-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Im no xbox fan but nice display you have there. Welcome to the forum!

Twisted
12-27-2012, 05:58 AM
welcome friend!..you definitely have some true gems in that xbox picture!...would love to see more pics of your collection..especially any additional rarities!

Gamemaster Howard
12-27-2012, 08:43 PM
And here's another pic from my collection of some one-of-a-kind items...

http://i.imgur.com/ByN3T.jpg

The original "Press Check" for the very first Howard & Nester comic. After this press check sheet was reviewed to ensure the content and color was correct, it was framed by the Nintendo Power staff and given to me as a gift. This is the first print of the Howard & Nester comic.

The one and only print of the original "Farewell Howard" comic. This comic was never published. It was inked by the original artist, framed by the Nintendo Power team, and given to me as a parting gift when I left Nintendo. Beware: it contains over-the-top-tongue-in-cheek humor not typical of the published comics. NOTE: THIS IS A HIGH-QUALITY PRINT (1 of 1), NOT THE ORIGINAL which I am keeping as a personal memento.

The original Howard and Nester Tetris block models used in the photo shoot for the Jan / Feb '90 issue - An Adventure In Tetris World. The Howard block took a hit to the body sometime during the last 20 years and both could use a bit of (fimo?) finger repair. To my knowledge no other models used in production of the early issues of Power Magazine still exist today. I believe these are the only ones.

The original Nintendo Power Charter Member certificate certifying that Howard Phillips is a charter member in good standing in the Order of Nintendo Power. Subscribers to Nintendo Power received one of these certificates and so I did as well. To my knowledge this is the only certificate in existence certifying Howard Phillips as a charter member.

MoonTar
12-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Very nice! Even the second time (saw your posts on Assembler yesterday). :D

Also, I have heard from two different Microsoft employees saying that more than 60 Xbox Launch had to have been made with one saying he thought at least 250 of them. Doesn't take away from the cool factor though! :)

MortalMonday
12-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Hello and welcome! I see you're kind of a big deal Game Master! Do you still work at Nintendo? Thanks.

Gamemaster Howard
12-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Hello and welcome! I see you're kind of a big deal Game Master! Do you still work at Nintendo? Thanks.

Hi & thx

I worked at Nintendo from '81 to '91. Since then I've been Creative Director at Lucasfilm, THQ, and then Microsoft...

thx again - h

Mathika
12-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Hi & thx

I worked at Nintendo from '81 to '91. Since then I've been Creative Director at Lucasfilm, THQ, and then Microsoft...

thx again - h

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:: swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::s woon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

MortalMonday
12-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Wow, that's amazing! I'm a huge Xbox fan. I can only imagine how awesome it must be to work for MS's Xbox division.

ingmar1988
12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
That xbox protoype model is so amazing, it might be so practical but very cool looking!

Nice to see someone from the industy on this forum.

Now we need only some collectors edition designers here, so they will quit making shit CE's (i must say MS have very nice CE for halo, gears and other first or 2nd party games).