PDA

View Full Version : Game collector from the US. 900+ games/120+ Steelbooks /All mint! Check it out! :D

Zaku77
01-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Well, I've been doing collection videos for a little while now--primarily on cheapassgamer--and I thought you all might get a kick out of some of my stuff, too. I have over 900 games. They are all complete, no greatest hits, and all mint or just nearly there--no gamestop crap. I am including a link to my God Of War Omega Collection unboxing. I am also heavily into collecting steelbooks, so I have, and will be showing off, an absolutely massive collection those, too.

Cheers!

LaGUT4_NrzM

SwiftDeath
01-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

There are many avid steelbook collectors on here, myself included :)

Entertaining unboxing to say the least, love the commentary

I will get that steelbook one day.....

So are you a G2/PS3 only steelbook collector than because I noticed some xbox exclusives on your back shelfs so I would assume you have both consoles?

Zaku77
01-07-2013, 11:53 PM
I actually lean much more towards the 360. I prefer the console for a myriad of reasons, so I get most games there. I really only get PS3 games when they are exclusive, or fighting games, so all but 2 of my G2 steels are exclusives.

mosavon
01-08-2013, 02:33 AM
I like to see some humor when unboxing steels

XEbDoHpw4SY

But seriously what the hell is wrong with peoples shipping system.

Welcome :D

mosavon
01-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Just watched a couple of your collection updates, you seem to have alot of games there...nice :beach:

Zaku77
01-08-2013, 03:02 AM
Thank you! :D

mosavon
01-08-2013, 03:45 AM
lol yeah, i'm enjoying the vid's....lmao at the guy who said a missing manual was in some kind of secret place within the case :D never heard that before wth?

Collecting has its moments. Seems you have run into your fair share of douchebags though.

Zaku77
01-08-2013, 03:57 AM
That guy that sold me Darkstalkers really needs to die in a fire. That whole situation left me extremely frustrated. I am still just sitting on the case and disc. I got so annoyed with the whole thing that I haven't wanted to go back and buy another one. lol

mosavon
01-08-2013, 03:58 AM
The best one so far was the SCIV Steelbook, lol wth

Zaku77
01-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah, that was a hell of a surprise. haha

Lemur
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Nice videos and collection. Especially the steelbooks! I believe this is the 1st time I've seen a green SC4 steelbook :rotf:

Zaku77
01-27-2013, 04:44 AM
Just thought I'd share my new collection update. There's some nice steelbooks in here! :D

IzZFdfJALAk

mosavon
01-27-2013, 04:54 AM
Nice update, really like to see a collection in this way, appreciate the time/effort that must require. Thanks for showing :)

mosavon
01-27-2013, 04:55 AM
Paste this IzZFdfJALAk between the [YT] tags, then it will embed.

You only need the code not the entire URL

Zaku77
01-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Paste this IzZFdfJALAk between the [YT] tags, then it will embed.

You only need the code not the entire URL

Awesome! It worked just by putting in the link last time, but at least now I know how to do it that way. Thanks!

mosavon
01-27-2013, 04:58 AM
Awesome! It worked just by putting in the link last time, but at least now I know how to do it that way. Thanks!

Np ;)

CrixDoomsday
01-27-2013, 07:54 PM
U got sub from me :D

Zaku77
01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
U got sub from me :D

Thank you! My Crysis 3 steelbook will be in a video once it arrives from you in March! :D

Zaku77
02-08-2013, 11:24 PM
Assassin's Creed Anthology unboxing (includes exclusive steelbook!)

sxDThp3eUm4

Zaku77
03-16-2013, 02:21 AM
Here is the Metal Gear Solid 4 Japanese Limited Edition! :D

dgb-LJcuwRo

Zaku77
04-03-2013, 03:52 AM
Collection update featuring a bunch of Metal Gear Rising steels, as well as some cool Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 stuff!

4dCPNLJfswE

Zaku77
04-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Well, I am finally posting my collection. Because of my current setup, you can't make out nearly all of the games or steelbooks, but it at least gives you an idea of my 900+ game collection! :D

uoHxFyafEew

Zaku77
06-24-2013, 07:36 AM
A pretty tame collection update (Some of my others have many more interesting items) but there's some cool shit here none-the-less!

rwXJNzmJsco

Zaku77
08-05-2013, 05:22 AM
June Collection Update in August because: reasons! It's got the normal sampling of CEs, steelbooks, and quirky pickups. I've also had a chance to play a lot of these titles, so I talk about them a good bit, too!

Also notice that I have these new 'super professional' looking thumbnails and a Twitter account. It's all so legit now!:barsong: lol

BzpR24-dBz4

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 05:15 AM
I have no idea if you guys watch these or not, but here's my Collection Update for July. I got some steelbooks, CEs, imports, and JRPGs, so this was a pretty nice month!

BLno0g6zNfw

ingmar1988
08-23-2013, 12:27 PM
nice collection, but i wish you posted pictures as well, easier to browse through and see what you all have :)

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 12:28 PM
nice collection, but i wish you posted pictures as well, easier to browse through and see what you all have :)

Once I get a nicer setup I will surely take pictures of it, but my monthly updates will definitely stay video only. I can't be bothered taking pics of everything on top of videos lol. Thanks, though, man.

ingmar1988
08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
yeah i understand, its nice to do an overview though. I did that as well (lot of work though lol).

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 12:31 PM
yeah i understand, its nice to do an overview though. I did that as well (lot of work though lol).

If I didn't have so many games in containers and stacked in front of each other, I would definitely spend the hour or so to take pics. Once I move I will have the proper amount of shelves, and then I can display everything the right way and take pics. I'll need a spare house just for my stuff at the rate I'm going, though lol.

LadyJ
08-23-2013, 06:20 PM
no gamestop crap.

Hey, eh eh hey now...

Hey.

Be nice. lol

Seriously some of these are crazy - love the collection but some of the stories - wow. Some people are just amazing and I don't mean that in a good way..

:suicide:

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 07:10 PM
Hey, eh eh hey now...

Hey.

Be nice. lol

Seriously some of these are crazy - love the collection but some of the stories - wow. Some people are just amazing and I don't mean that in a good way..

:suicide:

You really do end up dealing with some of the most 'interesting' sorts when doing a lot of business online. :3

SwiftDeath
08-23-2013, 07:14 PM
You really do end up dealing with some of the most 'interesting' sorts when doing a lot of business online. :3

That's a polite way of saying complete idiots can use the internet too :P

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 07:41 PM
That's a polite way of saying complete idiots can use the internet too :P

Why, yes... yes it is!

LyricalOne
08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
This was bumped up on the thread list, and it reminded me to keep watching your vids.

I saw the comment for the SC IV Steelbook, so I had to know what he meant by green version..

:lol: I'm sorry, I know how you must of felt, it happened to me once, or twice before actually.

Your video updates are great!

PS: I haven't forgotten bud, end of the month, I got you.

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 10:57 PM
This was bumped up on the thread list, and it reminded me to keep watching your vids.

I saw the comment for the SC IV Steelbook, so I had to know what he meant by green version..

:lol: I'm sorry, I know how you must of felt, it happened to me once, or twice before actually.

Your video updates are great!

PS: I haven't forgotten bud, end of the month, I got you.

Yeah, that was a very interesting experience, and I'm actually pretty happy that I ended up getting it on video! haha. If you want to have my content 'hand' delivered, make sure to subscribe! =P

End of the month is fine for me, man. I just unloaded my Dead Island steel for a nice little bit of change, so I'm fine with waiting.

LyricalOne
08-23-2013, 11:02 PM
Yeah, that was a very interesting experience, and I'm actually pretty happy that I ended up getting it on video! haha. If you want to have my content 'hand' delivered, make sure to subscribe! =P

End of the month is fine for me, man. I just unloaded my Dead Island steel for a nice little bit of change, so I'm fine with waiting.

Oh I subscribed about a month or two ago.

Your un-boxings are actually fun to watch.

Thanks for the patience as well, and good to hear. Tuition took a big bite this paycheck lol

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Oh I subscribed about a month or two ago.

Your un-boxings are actually fun to watch.

Thanks for the patience as well, and good to hear. Tuition took a big bite this paycheck lol

I would give anything to still have tuition to worry about. The road between pre-med and medical school can seem like a chasm, and I just want to be on the other side of it. :/

LyricalOne
08-23-2013, 11:11 PM
I would give anything to still have tuition to worry about. The road between pre-med and medical school can seem like a chasm, and I just want to be on the other side of it. :/

Well just know that at the end of your road there are huge rewards.

Congrats to you man!

Zaku77
08-23-2013, 11:12 PM
Cheers! :D

Zaku77
10-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Here is my August update. There were some great releases and some really nice CE items--as well as the other random things that I ended up buying!

I really wish there was a way to change thread titles (I'm honestly surprised that there's not). Mine makes it seem like I'm morbidly obese, which is not what I was going for... lol

-s6qp2KuCWg

SwiftDeath
10-02-2013, 02:38 AM
Here is my August update. There were some great releases and some really nice CE items--as well as the other random things that I ended up buying!

I really wish there was a way to change thread titles (I'm honestly surprised that there's not). Mine makes it seem like I'm morbidly obese, which is not what I was going for... lol

Nice update :)

Although can't stand metal paks personally

Art work can actually be better but the spine and inside looks terrible

---

About the title change, if you go to the first post in this thread and click the report button in the upper right corner looks like http://collectorsedition.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

A text box will appear and you can say something like

I want the title changed to "Zaku's Collecting Nightmare Yada Yada Yada"

With newer threads if you go to the first post and edit it, then go to advanced view, editing the posts title will edit the thread title

But this thread is too old for that to work.

Thread titles can only be edited by mods after 30 days

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense

Zaku77
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Nice update :)

Although can't stand metal paks personally

Art work can actually be better but the spine and inside looks terrible

---

About the title change, if you go to the first post in this thread and click the report button in the upper right corner looks like http://collectorsedition.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif

A text box will appear and you can say something like

I want the title changed to "Zaku's Collecting Nightmare Yada Yada Yada"

With newer threads if you go to the first post and edit it, then go to advanced view, editing the posts title will edit the thread title

But this thread is too old for that to work.

Thread titles can only be edited by mods after 30 days

Let me know if any of that didn't make sense

I agree, metalpacks look like shit compared to steels, but I just love the artwork on this one! I've been trying to edit the title by advanced edit of the first post, but since that didn't work I figured it was just not possible to do on this site.
Now it doesn't have to sound like the morbidly obese collection, yay!

Edit: Just noticed that the title is already changed?! Weird, perhaps a sneaky mod was paying attention to our conversation haha.

SwiftDeath
10-02-2013, 07:01 PM
I agree, metalpacks look like shit compared to steels, but I just love the artwork on this one! I've been trying to edit the title by advanced edit of the first post, but since that didn't work I figured it was just not possible to do on this site.
Now it doesn't have to sound like the morbidly obese collection, yay!

Edit: Just noticed that the title is already changed?! Weird, perhaps a sneaky mod was paying attention to our conversation haha.

Yeah there are a couple of metal paks that have beautiful art work on them

The tales one, gears of war judgement but the design of metal paks is almost cheap looking

How is the paint on them?

My only experience with them is the ME3 metal pak and those came in the CE which were sealed (the CE's were sealed not the metal paks) and every single one I saw has micro scratches across the entire cover

Mine included :(

About the title change

It was probably Mosavon

He likes looking at your video updates and is certainly a lurking mod so think he fits the bill :rotf:

Zaku77
10-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah there are a couple of metal paks that have beautiful art work on them

The tales one, gears of war judgement but the design of metal paks is almost cheap looking

How is the paint on them?

My only experience with them is the ME3 metal pak and those came in the CE which were sealed (the CE's were sealed not the metal paks) and every single one I saw has micro scratches across the entire cover

Mine included :(

About the title change

It was probably Mosavon

He likes looking at your video updates and is certainly a lurking mod so think he fits the bill :rotf:

I figured it was him--if for no other reason than that he's the only mod I've ever seen be active on here haha. The paint on them is cheap. There are a lot of steelbooks that accrue scratches just by looking at them the wrong way. But metalpacks definitely feel that way. It looks high quality enough, but it just seems to be very scratch-prone.

Zaku77
10-19-2013, 12:34 AM
Here's my September update with loads of steelbooks! :D

U0mZoGG_klo

Zaku77
11-20-2013, 01:11 AM
Here's my October update! A few random games and all sorts of random steelbooks and CEs are contained within! :3

FZg1Iw54cEI

Zaku77
04-03-2014, 06:29 AM
My extremely late collection update for February. I'm quite happy with how this one turned out! There were some awesome thing released in February, as well as a few random bits and bobs.

-Y1TGZY0z8M

Zaku77
05-15-2014, 04:56 AM
Update on a big change coming this summer--starting in June. I'll be putting up a full list here and on CAG, and I'll be giving that some time before heading to eBay. I'm sure this will greatly interest many of you, so keep it in mind and save those pennies!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/blog/2460/entry-24286-changing-how-i-collect/

KnightOfTruth
05-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Wowza! Guess I'll be setting aside some of that gaming budget for the next couple of months. I posted it on CAG, but any way you can give us a "pre-warning" before the list/thread goes up so we don't miss it? ;)

misterunboxers
05-16-2014, 02:51 AM
That is surprising news!?

Zaku77
05-16-2014, 03:05 AM
That is surprising news!?

It's for the best and then some. I've got a video up on why right now.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

LyricalOne
05-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Just saw your video.
Thumbs up for sure.

Just had a mini say on this earlier. Thankfully I'm not as OCD as you (no offense intended in every way bud) so I won't be selling off what I have, but yes I started wondering when I stopped being a "GAMER" and turned to a "COLLECTOR"

I remember when it was all about the games and not what came with them.

I completely support your decision, and wish you the best of luck. I actually really like your videos with takes on games, so I will keep watching for sure!

One too many..one too many things released for one single game now a days.

ALSO: You should really get Vanquish and play it. One of the greatest funnest games I have ever played.

On a side note, any chance you have the Catherine European CE or the US 360 version CE?
I'm assuming you also don't have the Vanquish CE? lol :P

Twisted
05-16-2014, 06:05 AM
you should sleep on it,..you might end up regretting this decision,

v1sav1s
05-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Good luck! That extra money and space will come in handy. Less buyer's remorse is also good.

Made a similar decision a few weeks ago. But I'll still be collecting a few bits on special occasions. Some collectibles are pretty close to art (ex: lithos, artbooks, statues, etc) and bring what we see in the game world to the real world. Some of them may also serve as reminders of what we love in our favorite games.

But yeah... I'm ignoring most, if not all, CEs. Kinda ironic since this community is dedicated to CEs. But a lot of them, these days, just aren't worth our time or money. Eventually I just forget about most of them.

I really hope more folks feel galvanized and follow your example. You've certainly helped me cause I feel I made the right choice. I feel free! :1:

Zaku77
05-16-2014, 05:46 PM
you should sleep on it,..you might end up regretting this decision,

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I've put up a video fully exploring my thoughts on it, and I'm definitely set in my decision. Thanks for the advice, though, as it is a very big step!

Good luck! That extra money and space will come in handy. Less buyer's remorse is also good.

Made a similar decision a few weeks ago. But I'll still be collecting a few bits on special occasions. Some collectibles are pretty close to art (ex: lithos, artbooks, statues, etc) and bring what we see in the game world to the real world. Some of them may also serve as reminders of what we love in our favorite games.

But yeah... I'm ignoring most, if not all, CEs. Kinda ironic since this community is dedicated to CEs. But a lot of them, these days, just aren't worth our time or money. Eventually I just forget about most of them.

I really hope more folks feel galvanized and follow your example. You've certainly helped me cause I feel I made the right choice. I feel free! :1:

It is very freeing. It's re-injected an enormous amount of fun back into collecting and gaming as a whole! And I am right there with you on some of the extra bits and bobs. I buy every artbook that's released for any game I have. I love them, and they are a brilliant extra way to explore the medium!

Zaku77
05-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Just saw your video.
Thumbs up for sure.

Just had a mini say on this earlier. Thankfully I'm not as OCD as you (no offense intended in every way bud) so I won't be selling off what I have, but yes I started wondering when I stopped being a "GAMER" and turned to a "COLLECTOR"

I remember when it was all about the games and not what came with them.

I completely support your decision, and wish you the best of luck. I actually really like your videos with takes on games, so I will keep watching for sure!

One too many..one too many things released for one single game now a days.

ALSO: You should really get Vanquish and play it. One of the greatest funnest games I have ever played.

On a side note, any chance you have the Catherine European CE or the US 360 version CE?
I'm assuming you also don't have the Vanquish CE? lol :P

Oh I don't take any offense to that, and I freely admit and explain all the neurotic things that my OCD puts me through. Now of I was like those people that have 'rituals' or actually aren't in control of it, that would be another thing. I'm just overly fussy lol. I fully plan on getting Vanquish very soon! That and Danganronpa are going to be like rights of passage for me into my new direction, and it will be awesome!

I do have the Catherine US Love Is Over Edition. Someone has already laid dibs on it before I put a stop to that, though lol. They didn't specify the console, though, so perhaps they don't want it on 360. I shall definitely let you know if they back out o it.

Cheers!

LyricalOne
05-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Oh I don't take any offense to that, and I freely admit and explain all the neurotic things that my OCD puts me through. Now of I was like those people that have 'rituals' or actually aren't in control of it, that would be another thing. I'm just overly fussy lol. I fully plan on getting Vanquish very soon! That and Danganronpa are going to be like rights of passage for me into my new direction, and it will be awesome!

I do have the Catherine US Love Is Over Edition. Someone has already laid dibs on it before I put a stop to that, though lol. They didn't specify the console, though, so perhaps they don't want it on 360. I shall definitely let you know if they back out o it.

Cheers!

Haha that's true. Just wanted to not have amy mis-communication.
Glad to hear It! I hope you have a blast refocusing your collecting.

And thanks just let me know.
Will look forward to your videos in the future.