PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Dead Space 3 Clamshell Collector's Edition Art Book.

MortalMonday
01-18-2013, 01:01 AM
Limited to a single print run of 1,000 total copies. Comes in clamshell presentation case. Also includes a free necklace pendant while supplies last. I'm sure there will be a standard edition of this book as well; so it's not like there will only be 1,000 copies of this book in existence; but this edition, again, is for sure limited to 1,000 copies.

$65 USD

Best to lock in your order now if you're interested 'cause I'm sure it'll sell out sooner rather than later. The Mass Effect clamshell artbook, I believe was limited to 1,500 copies (500 more copies than the Dead Space clamshell artbook), and that one sold out pretty quickly.

http://gear.ea.com/titles/dead-space/art-of-dead-space-clamshell-edition.html

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/149594_492684594115419_1846248226_n.jpg

ingmar1988
01-18-2013, 01:26 AM
is it me or is the sample used in the picture on website a little bit damaged at the corners?

ingmar1988
01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
damnit shipping is 50$ and combined shipping with dead space dev edition not possible (unable to get shipping quote).

Il just keep my amazon uk order than which is just 20 pounds. to bad :(

Evilhawk
01-18-2013, 01:36 AM
so want, but im skint as usual. It might look damaged but some books/clamshells tend look that way depening on how its folded in the edges. if its folded a bit odd the white other side make it look damaged some times

toxicatom5
01-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the heads up Mortal. You're immortal in my book! :notworthy:

ingmar1988
01-18-2013, 01:44 AM
i should ask twisted if its ok to post limited gaming related stuff like this on frontpage. Good find mortal!

toxicatom5
01-18-2013, 01:46 AM
i should ask twisted if its ok to post limited gaming related stuff like this on frontpage. Good find mortal!

Having this memorabilia section is a great start for sure. I'm glad we finally have a place dedicated to these types of items.

Letrico
01-18-2013, 03:58 AM
Ah man the shipping is more expensive than the Dev Edition. Cost 60 dollars for shipping and the book itself is 65 dollars >.<

themidlandmaster
01-18-2013, 08:13 AM
I'm willing to split with fellow aussies

vhal_x
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
I'd really love one of these, but when the normal one is ?20, it's quite a difference in price :/

Not even sure if I'm gonna bother with the ?20 one either, since I've got shit-tonnes to pay for in the coming weeks :facepalm: xx

xpl0sive
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Easy pass for me. $125 shipped to Australia? No thanks.

Letrico
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Lol mate do you want to get it 80 shipped? :P

ingmar1988
01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I posted the news on the fp! thanks Mortal!

please if you have any interesting stuff, dont be shy to post and i will see if i can make a news post!

toxicatom5
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
I posted the news on the fp! thanks Mortal!

please if you have any interesting stuff, dont be shy to post and i will see if i can make a news post!

This is great! Looking forward to seeing more posts like this on the fp!

Treehouse_Ryan
01-19-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm checking on the situation with the shipping prices. Seems high to me, too, but I wasn't involved in any discussions about shipping this one. It's possible we just got a high weight quote, but I'll try to find out what the story is....

(We've got one more big Dead Space collectible to surprise everyone with. I wasn't going to mention it because it's not related to a CE, but if you guys are into other limited things, it's really pretty cool. More limited [and more expensive], but is a neat thing for a few people that are way into the games. I'll see if I can leak something here maybe. Stand by....)

tonybsg
01-19-2013, 08:52 PM
Look into the shipping costs Ryan, this was more expensive than the Dead Space 3 CE!

Waiting for your response, and in case of a misquote, what happens to customers that have already ordered it.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Look into the shipping costs Ryan, this was more expensive than the Dead Space 3 CE!

Waiting for your response, and in case of a misquote, what happens to customers that have already ordered it.

I imagine that at these numbers, few to no people have actually paid them. But if we end up changing the prices, we'll dig into everyone that did and refund them, for sure.

I got ahold of our operations guy, and he agreed that it seemed wrong. We won't be able to fix this until Monday morning, but we'll see what we can do. It looks like the item was set up one pound over our standard rules for weight-based shipping, so it's defaulting to the "could be anything" fallback rates. I'll make sure we figure out exactly how overweight and oversized this thing will be, and we'll structure the shipping table so the rates are intentional and not just defaults. Hopefully that will make it better, but we won't know until we get some more info and look at all our options....

Sorry for the confusion, everyone. We're at 724 left (excluding all the holdbacks), and I imagine they'll go fairly slowly over the weekend while the rates are still what they are. I'll update when we know more.

Cosmic_Link
01-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Hi Ryan! ^^ It's nice to see somebody from the inside on here and looking at what we're saying and what queries and/ or issues we may have. Would be nice if more companies did this! :D

Anyway, while we're on the subject of books, would it be possible to make sure that when these books are sent out, and future books, that the customs declaration is declared as "book"? I ask this because I recently ordered some Mass Effect books and have been stung with a nice customs fee which I wasn't expecting as books are tax exempt withing the UK. After contacting HMRC I was told that the declaration was filled out as the items being "media" which was why they incurred a charge. :(

It's just a slight issue, but would be nice if you could make your distributors aware of this.

Thank you for your continued support here. I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say we appreciate you taking the time to be here! :D

Treehouse_Ryan
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Anyway, while we're on the subject of books, would it be possible to make sure that when these books are sent out, and future books, that the customs declaration is declared as "book"? I ask this because I recently ordered some Mass Effect books and have been stung with a nice customs fee which I wasn't expecting as books are tax exempt withing the UK. After contacting HMRC I was told that the declaration was filled out as the items being "media" which was why they incurred a charge. :(

Ah, interesting. I will definitely escalate this. And thanks for the warm welcome!

Matrix6
01-19-2013, 10:01 PM
I imagine that at these numbers, few to no people have actually paid them. But if we end up changing the prices, we'll dig into everyone that did and refund them, for sure.

I got ahold of our operations guy, and he agreed that it seemed wrong. We won't be able to fix this until Monday morning, but we'll see what we can do. It looks like the item was set up one pound over our standard rules for weight-based shipping, so it's defaulting to the "could be anything" fallback rates. I'll make sure we figure out exactly how overweight and oversized this thing will be, and we'll structure the shipping table so the rates are intentional and not just defaults. Hopefully that will make it better, but we won't know until we get some more info and look at all our options....

Sorry for the confusion, everyone. We're at 724 left (excluding all the holdbacks), and I imagine they'll go fairly slowly over the weekend while the rates are still what they are. I'll update when we know more.

Thank you very much for looking into the cost of shipping, it did seem awfully high for single book and we weren't able to combine it with the Dev Team CE either.

Anyway, it'd be appreciated if changes to the shipping cost be applied or refunded to those who already ordered.

As for the tier one collectible....can't wait to hear about it, but I doubt I'd be able to afford it from the sounds of things.

Off topic, I tried to purchase the two life size replica Plasma guns a few years ago but I was denied by customs in my country. Reason being, not because it's in the shape of a gun, but because the laser rating was way over the limited permitted here. In hind sight, I was just very unlucky to be probed by customs as some lucky few have got it through without being detected :poke:

Treehouse_Ryan
01-19-2013, 10:44 PM
Thank you very much for looking into the cost of shipping, it did seem awfully high for single book and we weren't able to combine it with the Dev Team CE either.

Anyway, it'd be appreciated if changes to the shipping cost be applied or refunded to those who already ordered.

As for the tier one collectible....can't wait to hear about it, but I doubt I'd be able to afford it from the sounds of things.

Off topic, I tried to purchase the two life size replica Plasma guns a few years ago but I was denied by customs in my country. Reason being, not because it's in the shape of a gun, but because the laser rating was way over the limited permitted here. In hind sight, I was just very unlucky to be probed by customs as some lucky few have got it through without being detected :poke:

The lack of combination with the Dev-Team Edition is intentional. The way the CE is packaged, it will be going out in its own box no matter what, so there isn't a way for us to offer combined shipping there. (There is also some juggling involved between our two warehouses that would prevent combinations, but the primary issue is the separate box.)

We will absolutely refund shipping overages if it turns out we can lower rates for the art book (I assume this will be the case, but can't promise it's actually wrong; shipping sucks). No one should have to pay for our mistake.

The new thing will be $250 and is not a statue.... Definitely not for everyone, but hopefully will be seen as an interesting thing on its own merits.

That sounds severely disappointing and a giant hassle for you, but it's a great reminder of how many details go into all this. We were really nervous when we sold the first Mass Effect gun replica (talk about high shipping rates).... I don't think we would have considered laser strength import laws either, but now I'll be too scared to not worry about it. Thanks?

MortalMonday
01-19-2013, 11:15 PM
The new thing will be $250 and is not a statue.... Definitely not for everyone, but hopefully will be seen as an interesting thing on its own merits.

I'm guessing it's a new replica plasma cutter.

Matrix6
01-19-2013, 11:44 PM
.... I don't think we would have considered laser strength import laws either, but now I'll be too scared to not worry about it. Thanks?

No worries, thanks for all the info.

It was a very long process (3-4 months) of trying to convince Customs to give my new toys. I wasn't even aware the Plasma Cutter had Lasers installed in them as it was never described anywhere online prior to release. Luckily they didn't "destroy" the items and were kind enough to return it to the seller, to which I was refunded for.

Until now, I'm still in search of them and will continually do so until then...

If a future Plasma Cutter were to be produced, I'm hoping it won't include anything that'll prevent it entering my country. :thumb:

tonybsg
01-20-2013, 12:24 AM

Those who have ordered have already paid. :(

Thank you, looking forward to any news on this.

Also, don't forget about the "books" description!

On the other thread I had made a general post about shipping and customs as well, if you'd like take a look:

Ryan, thanx for your answers as well.

Regarding international orders, ofcourse some extra charges are acceptable under any countries' laws.

The thing you should do, is under any circumstancies DO NOT use any express shipping option from companies like UPS, DHL, FEDEX.

In many countries they charge not only the taxes that expected by law, but also some other handling fees that are almost what you pay for the item!!!

If i'm not mistaken XPO International are partners with USPS, so if you use the simpliest method of shipping, then we receive the items from our local post office with no problems and no additional charges that are not expected.

With XPO I never had any problems, except for some cheapest items, I have bought the CE of The Art of the Mass Effect Universe which was around $100 if i recall correctly.

Furthermore, I have tons of orders from amazon.com, videogamesplus.ca, american ebay sellers etc and when they use standard shipping options, I never have a problem.

In addition to that you should check out AmazonGlobal program, which gives you the opportunity to pay in advance an import fee and what you see in the checkout is the final paypent. They probably have a deal with the courier companies.

I understand that amazon is huge, so another example is the Irrational store which have the same option, prepaid import fees while they use DHL as a carrier and an express shipping option with standart cost of $35.

ingmar1988
01-20-2013, 01:19 AM
No worries, thanks for all the info.

It was a very long process (3-4 months) of trying to convince Customs to give my new toys. I wasn't even aware the Plasma Cutter had Lasers installed in them as it was never described anywhere online prior to release. Luckily they didn't "destroy" the items and were kind enough to return it to the seller, to which I was refunded for.

Until now, I'm still in search of them and will continually do so until then...

If a future Plasma Cutter were to be produced, I'm hoping it won't include anything that'll prevent it entering my country. :thumb:
Australia is the most ridiculous country concerning bringing stuff into the country.

There is this tv show (forget name), where they follow australian customs, if you bring in like a banana, they say it could be a potential catastrophe that could cost billions if there is an insect or something on it lol.

themidlandmaster
01-20-2013, 01:43 AM
Australia is the most ridiculous country concerning bringing stuff into the country.

There is this tv show (forget name), where they follow australian customs, if you bring in like a banana, they say it could be a potential catastrophe that could cost billions if there is an insect or something on it lol.

That's because many overseas pests and bugs have not made it to Australia, as we were an island. If these pests were to be introduced to the ecosystem, they could to catastrophic damage, like the Cane Toad has.

mosavon
01-20-2013, 04:18 AM

LOL i watched that show today, some guy mailed a birds nest from China into Australia, its considered a chinese delicacy in soups, they wouldn't let it through of course and burned it :D

Treehouse_Ryan
01-21-2013, 11:27 PM
Ah man the shipping is more expensive than the Dev Edition. Cost 60 dollars for shipping and the book itself is 65 dollars >.<

Yeah, so this is mostly just an unfortunate reality. This morning, we took the actual postage we were charged for all the Mass Effect clamshell art books we sent out and averaged them by country. UK and Australian rates are going to get a break, but the rest will have to stay.... Our average postage to European countries was just over $50, and that doesn't include the extra fees we have to pay, so we didn't change those rates, unfortunately. UK rates will now be $30 and Australia will be $45. Those rates are live in the store now, and we're in the process of tracking down how many orders have already been placed in those countries at the old rates so we can refund them.

I wish we could do more, but this just underscores our need to have better global distribution, I guess. I'm sorry this is the way it is, but we won't be making money on you paying these crazy rates on shipping....

I can confirm this is fixed for all orders going forward as of this afternoon. Thank you again for pointing this out. We're looking into how many DS art books were placed to non-US addresses so far, but we might not be able to retroactively change this....

I'm guessing it's a new replica plasma cutter.

Not a weapon.

Madigan
01-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Not a weapon.

USG ISHIMURA replica!!!!

https://i.minus.com/ilJ29cThx7GMz.gif

Letrico
01-21-2013, 11:36 PM
USG ISHIMURA replica!!!!

YAY

MortalMonday
01-21-2013, 11:37 PM
A model Ishimura would rock my world!

Madigan
01-21-2013, 11:41 PM

https://i.minus.com/ismceN8tXaVbq.jpg

Biggav4000
01-21-2013, 11:43 PM

If only :beg:

tonybsg
01-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Yeah, so this is mostly just an unfortunate reality. This morning, we took the actual postage we were charged for all the Mass Effect clamshell art books we sent out and averaged them by country. UK and Australian rates are going to get a break, but the rest will have to stay.... Our average postage to European countries was just over $50, and that doesn't include the extra fees we have to pay, so we didn't change those rates, unfortunately. UK rates will now be $30 and Australia will be $45. Those rates are live in the store now, and we're in the process of tracking down how many orders have already been placed in those countries at the old rates so we can refund them.

I just checked, I paid $33.60 for the Mass Effect Artbook, shipping to Greece via XPO Air International.

Almost $20 less.

Hope this comes undamaged at least, the clamshell of Mass Effect was dented. :(

I can confirm this is fixed for all orders going forward as of this afternoon. Thank you again for pointing this out. We're looking into how many DS art books were placed to non-US addresses so far, but we might not be able to retroactively change this....

I wish you could do sth about that as well.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
USG ISHIMURA replica!!!!

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and penchant for including relevant images, it's not a ship. It would have been disingenuous of me to say it's not a statue and have it be a ship, I think.

I just checked, I paid $33.60 for the Mass Effect Artbook, shipping to Greece via XPO Air International.

If I'm guessing at your name correctly, your order number ended in 678 and cost us $54 to ship to you. I fully understand that that's not your problem, but I want to underscore that we're not raising prices just to raise prices and pocket the difference. We're just trying to lose less money on actual shipping costs and will keep working at this to find a happier balance.

If your order for the DS book ends in 155, I've just updated your customs declaration from "Media" to "Book". We're still working on the best way to do it in batch for everyone.

MortalMonday
01-22-2013, 12:10 AM
My Mass Effect Clamshell book arrived damaged as well. They did wrap the book in bubblewrap, however, it was wrapped very poorly. It was loosely wrapped in one layer of bubblewrap; and it was not wrapped around all 6 sides. I don't think the bubblewrap was even taped together. The top and bottom sides of the book (the side that would sit directly on a bookshelf) were not wrapped at all; and the shipping box that the book was packed in was too big as well. Consequently, the book was free to rattle around in the box and since it was not completely wrapped in bubblewrap, the book slid in and out of the wrapping. At some point , it incurred a wicked dented corner. :(

Can you please make sure that your packing people do a better job this time. I really don't want another dented book. Thanks.

Madigan
01-22-2013, 12:17 AM
My Mass Effect Clamshell book arrived damaged as well. They did wrap the book in bubblewrap, however, it was wrapped very poorly. It was loosely wrapped in one layer of bubblewrap; and it was not wrapped around all 6 sides. I don't think the bubblewrap was even taped together. The top and bottom sides of the book (the side that would sit directly on a bookshelf) were not wrapped at all; and the shipping box that the book was packed in was too big as well. Consequently, the book was free to rattle around in the box and since it was not completely wrapped in bubblewrap, the book slid in and out of the wrapping. At some point , it incurred a wicked dented corner. :(

Can you please make sure that your packing people do a better job this time. I really don't want another dented book. Thanks.

Mine arrived like this

http://i.imgur.com/GtDmH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/j8pyq.jpg

Not a single dent or damage, looks like it's a hit or miss : /

This is why I'm afraid of ordering lithos or posters. I had bad experiences in the past.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-22-2013, 12:21 AM

I already forwarded them your description. We're trying to follow up with them to make sure it goes out as nicely as possible, but it's a very hard thing to control....

tonybsg
01-22-2013, 12:36 AM
If I'm guessing at your name correctly, your order number ended in 678 and cost us $54 to ship to you. I fully understand that that's not your problem, but I want to underscore that we're not raising prices just to raise prices and pocket the difference. We're just trying to lose less money on actual shipping costs and will keep working at this to find a happier balance.

If your order for the DS book ends in 155, I've just updated your customs declaration from "Media" to "Book". We're still working on the best way to do it in batch for everyone.

Thank you for looking into this.

I couldn't find some of my orders myself in my account, maybe I did them as a guest.

Anyhow, you are correct for both order numbers.

My order ending in 678 was indeed Mass Effect, in the mail says that shipping was $33.60, I thought that I should state it, i don't accuse you guys of anything of course! We appreciate your participation and your answers regarding all these issues.

Thanx for changing the customs declaration on my DS order!

This matches my shipment as well. :(

MortalMonday
01-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks Ryan for your diligence. It's much appreciated! Hopefully all goes well this time. :thumb:

enesis
01-22-2013, 08:05 AM
So ... compare to standard print , what is the difference ( except clamshell ) ?
Their shipping cost to my country it's almost same price with the art book itself :surrender:

vhal_x
01-22-2013, 12:34 PM
It's limited to 1000 :)

I really, really want this. I bloody hate being skint >.< xx

Treehouse_Ryan
01-22-2013, 04:43 PM
So ... compare to standard print , what is the difference ( except clamshell ) ?
Their shipping cost to my country it's almost same price with the art book itself :surrender:

Clamshell, limited quantity, and ours has extra pages. I'm sorry about the shipping costs. Ours is cool, but I wouldn't pay as much as shipping makes it cost....

Cosmic_Link
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM

Thank you Ryan! :D It's good to hear this. Won't have to worry about purchasing books in the future. :thumb:

Sebye
01-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Anyone know if these are individually numbered?

Madigan
01-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't think so, the ME clamshell wasn't numbered.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Anyone know if these are individually numbered?

I don't think so, the ME clamshell wasn't numbered.

Confirmed not numbered.

Also, the new collectible I teased won't be released tomorrow. We've had to postpone slightly to deal with a production issue. Will provide more info as I can....

mosavon
01-23-2013, 02:21 AM
Ryan, is there plenty left? i will order tomorrow.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-23-2013, 02:24 AM
Ryan, is there plenty left? i will order tomorrow.

Yeah. A little over 500 still.

mosavon
01-23-2013, 02:40 AM
Yeah. A little over 500 still.
Great, thanks

enesis
01-23-2013, 02:55 AM
Clamshell, limited quantity, and ours has extra pages. I'm sorry about the shipping costs. Ours is cool, but I wouldn't pay as much as shipping makes it cost....
Thanks for your reply :)
I've no other choice but to follow your shipping option -_-
To be honest , I've spend much money on its shipping cost ( since you can't combine ) for Dev-team add on and this clamshell art book .
Please Ryan , make sure your warehouse people pack it secure to avoid any damage while in transit . I'll PM you my order number .
:beer:

Matrix6
01-24-2013, 11:13 PM
Treehouse have started shipping the books ^_^

winds
01-25-2013, 05:16 AM
Any idea when the new item you teased us with will be up in the store, Treehouse_Ryan? :D
Eagerly awaiting to see what it is!

Treehouse_Ryan
01-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Any idea when the new item you teased us with will be up in the store, Treehouse_Ryan? :D
Eagerly awaiting to see what it is!

I found out slightly more information. Turns out, the factory messed up and didn't ____ the _____ of the ______. So there's a rush order to have them do a bunch of ____s and send them to ______ so they can be assembled and ready to ship out.

We've been told it should all be ready in about a week and half now, but I don't feel like that estimate is completely solid. We may pre-sell it next week (without a photo of the _____), but it might end up being closer to game launch now. Which would make more sense because it'll mean more when you get to see _____ _______ it in the game....

Only 500 made, and the price will be $265, and not the $250 I said before.

Is that helpful?

Madigan
01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
I found out slightly more information. Turns out, the factory messed up and didn't ____ the _____ of the ______. So there's a rush order to have them do a bunch of ____s and send them to ______ so they can be assembled and ready to ship out.

We've been told it should all be ready in about a week and half now, but I don't feel like that estimate is completely solid. We may pre-sell it next week (without a photo of the _____), but it might end up being closer to game launch now. Which would make more sense because it'll mean more when you get to see _____ _______ it in the game....

Is that helpful?

https://i.minus.com/iN7wNYxzFW9QJ.gif

winds
01-25-2013, 06:38 PM

Is that helpful?

That is absolutely, without a doubt _____!!!!!!!
Thanks Ryan!! :D

tonybsg
01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Artbook shipped!!! I think at least.

It says so in the "Where's my stuff" Treehouse page, just the tracking code isn't recognised yet in USPS site.

MortalMonday
01-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Mine shipped for sure. Got my confirmation email earlier today!

SwiftDeath
01-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Mine as well!

Can't wait to get it :)

mosavon
01-26-2013, 01:30 AM
Ordered today :)

Biggav4000
01-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Mine also shipped yesterday as well looking forward to getting them :thumb:

rapidly-greying
01-26-2013, 05:37 PM
Any idea when it will ship? Just a rough guess will do,next week? April?

Treehouse_Ryan
01-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Any idea when it will ship? Just a rough guess will do,next week? April?

The Art Book? A good deal have already gone out, so I'm assuming early next week should find the rest of them on their way....

Sebye
01-26-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm guessing the book only has a limited amount of art from Dead Space 3?

Treehouse_Ryan
01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm guessing the book only has a limited amount of art from Dead Space 3?

Ours hasn't shown up at the office yet, but I expect it's got quite a bit. The Mass Effect book was pretty evenly distributed, and I know Visceral has a ton of concept art from the making of the third game. I would guess that you shouldn't read through the last section if you're worried about spoilers....

vhal_x
01-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Really want to get one of these, they look really good. Really need to pick up one of the Mass Effect clamshells too xx

Treehouse_Ryan
01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
Okay, I have one in my hands now. It's very large and heavy and nice. A lot of the pages have quite a bit more art than I was expecting, so it's really cool to flip through and see.

Also, it's not structured with sections per game, like the Mass Effect one. There is a lot of art (and some minor spoilers) from Dead Space 3 mixed in, but the chapters are set up by theme/category more than iteration of the game.

I took it into Dan's office to flip through with him and he immediately bought one.

The matte finish on the clamshell is a super fingerprint magnet, though, so be careful....

MortalMonday
01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
I just got mine too. It's pretty cool. It's published by Titan by the way, just like the AC artbook.

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Okay, I have one in my hands now. It's very large and heavy and nice. A lot of the pages have quite a bit more art than I was expecting, so it's really cool to flip through and see.

Also, it's not structured with sections per game, like the Mass Effect one. There is a lot of art (and some minor spoilers) from Dead Space 3 mixed in, but the chapters are set up by theme/category more than iteration of the game.

I took it into Dan's office to flip through with him and he immediately bought one.

lol who does Dan work for Treehouse or Visceral perhaps?

Funny if your own employees are buying after the fact :rotf:

must mean it's a good product though ;)

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Got mine in today as well. Turns out these come sealed if it wasn't mentioned before. They look nice and are big!

Not sure if I'm going to open mine or keep it sealed :think:

Madigan
01-29-2013, 10:12 PM
:ttiuwp:

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 10:52 PM
:ttiuwp:

Ask and ye shall receive

But fair warning I don't take that good of pictures and as mentioned haven't decided whether or not I want to open it :think:

Pics of my DS Clamshell

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1922.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1930.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1938.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1953.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1961.jpg

Bottom
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1964.jpg

Comparison to AC III LE Art book (as I know a lot of members have that on hand)
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1940.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1947.jpg

Pendant that came with it
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_1968.jpg

Yes i know the 2nd comparison shot is crooked

I'm sure other members will post nicer pics soon

ingmar1988
01-29-2013, 11:17 PM
ARe you going to open it? Is there anywhere an unboxing? I would love to see how the art is, since i dont have the money to order one atm (had it on order but canceled)

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 11:19 PM
ARe you going to open it? Is there anywhere an unboxing? I would love to see how the art is, since i dont have the money to order one atm (had it on order but canceled)

If I open it, I'll try to make an unboxing of sorts might just be a bunch of pictures though

Don't know if I want to open it though

Madigan
01-30-2013, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the pics, it looks really nice but I think the box art is a little underwhelming compared to the mass effect artbook

Matrix6
01-30-2013, 12:45 AM
If I open it, I'll try to make an unboxing of sorts might just be a bunch of pictures though

Don't know if I want to open it though

Go with your gut feeling, otherwise you may regret it?!
If anything, just buy a standard copy to display on a coffee table :)

SwiftDeath
01-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the pics, it looks really nice but I think the box art is a little underwhelming compared to the mass effect artbook

Yeah the ME clamshell has really gorgeous outside art

Although subtlety is not always a bad thing

I mean Dead Space is a lot darker a game than ME imo lol

tonybsg
01-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanx for the pics Daniel. Can't wait to get mine!

Treehouse_Ryan
01-30-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm having our guy that did the CE video knock together something quick for everyone. Hope to have it uploaded in a couple hours.

Treehouse_Ryan
01-31-2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wBRfVgBqys

Also, I think we're going to stop the free Marker Pendant promo tomorrow or Friday.

New fancy thing is happening Friday. More soon.

SwiftDeath
01-31-2013, 12:24 AM
Rather good little video considering how fast you whipped it up :)

The pendants are quite nice

I wonder what the statue will be of :think:

MortalMonday
01-31-2013, 12:29 AM
Statue? What statue?

SwiftDeath
01-31-2013, 12:35 AM
Statue? What statue?

Edit: My mistake treehouse is going to release a limited DS collectible soon but it's not going to be a statue

Information Thus far :P
(We've got one more big Dead Space collectible to surprise everyone with. I wasn't going to mention it because it's not related to a CE, but if you guys are into other limited things, it's really pretty cool. More limited [and more expensive], but is a neat thing for a few people that are way into the games. I'll see if I can leak something here maybe. Stand by....)

Not a weapon.

While I appreciate your enthusiasm and penchant for including relevant images, it's not a ship. It would have been disingenuous of me to say it's not a statue and have it be a ship, I think.

Is that helpful?

Letrico
01-31-2013, 12:48 AM
I thought ryan mentioned that the surprise treehouse had in store was going to be some kind of statue?

I could be wrong of course

Ryan said it is not a statue. Not a replica of USG Ishimura as well.

Still waiting for Ryan's early announcement here :P

SwiftDeath
01-31-2013, 12:49 AM
Fixed my post :D ^^^^^

Not a weapon, ship or statue......

MortalMonday
01-31-2013, 03:10 AM
Maybe it's a limited edition art print of some kind; like a giclee or lithograph.

They sold a really expensive Halo art print on the Halo Waypoint store (which is also operated by Treehouse);maybe it'll be similar to that...

Just a guess of course.

winds
01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
Maybe it's a limited edition art print of some kind; like a giclee or lithograph.

They sold a really expensive Halo art print on the Halo Waypoint store (which is also operated by Treehouse);maybe it'll be similar to that...

Just a guess of course.

Hmm, it's a good guess. However Ryan did mention the factory has to "assemble" it. Unless of course he meant packaged?
Come on Ryan, give us another hint! :D haha.

MortalMonday
01-31-2013, 06:58 AM
oh yeah, that's right. I forgot about that "assemble" part. Probably not a print then.

Letrico
01-31-2013, 07:07 AM
Hm then what could it be if it is not a statue and not a replica ship and needs to be assembled. I think he mentioned that it is not a plasma cutter as well?

toxicatom5
01-31-2013, 06:24 PM
New fancy thing is happening Friday. More soon.

The suspense is killing me!

Treehouse_Ryan
01-31-2013, 11:22 PM
I found out slightly more information. Turns out, the factory messed up and didn't etch the backplates of the watches. So there's a rush order to have them do a bunch of backs and send them to Meister so they can be assembled and ready to ship out.

We've been told it should all be ready in about a week and half now, but I don't feel like that estimate is completely solid. We may pre-sell it next week (without a photo of the backplate), but it might end up being closer to game launch now. Which would make more sense because it'll mean more when you get to see Isaac wearing it in the game....

Is that helpful?

Okay. More helpful this time?

http://collectorsedition.org/14428/dead-space-3-limited-edition-watch

Big thanks to ingmar1988 for the lovely write-up!

Letrico
01-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Awesome watch. I'm dead broke from buying everything from you guys already though haha.

MortalMonday
01-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Hmmm...I'll get it months from now if it's still in stock. Otherwise I'll have to pass. Nice piece for sure though, especially since its an actual replica of an in-game item.

Madigan
02-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Hmmm...I'll get it months from now if it's still in stock. Otherwise I'll have to pass. Nice piece for sure though, especially since its an actual replica of an in-game item.

I think it's the opposite, they added the watch to the game just for marketing (Meister made the generic N7 ambassador), unless isaac actually uses it for something relevant, just like that watch in Metro 2033.

tonybsg
02-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Woah! Artbook already arrived in Greece and wasn't held up in customs as it seems.

I haven't received it yet, but fingers crossed it will be here on Monday without problems.

Puk
02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
I had to pay 50.-USD Transport + (converted) 45,50 USD.- customs...it hurts...
All this for a book of 65.-USD.
Holy shit! I dont know if i do it again...
Did they mark it on the declaration as a book or media ?

Today i ordered a book from Titan and i had to pay 6,50 for Transportation.

An btw.
Ryan, what kind of freak (yes, i mean it) filled the cardbox with Paper and placed the book on top of it.?
How often do we ask for "Bubblewrap", "we are collectors, take us serious"???
It is an old and neverending wish to hope that somebody usses his brain on packing a box...
How often do you want us to ask for it? 10 times...a 100 times?

Holy shit, Paper+ Book on it, card box closed....and here we go and fly around...INSIDE...the box!
I would do it better, 100%.
I like the dents on the clamshell...they give it personality...fuck
After my experiences, normal, simple persons take more care of packaging, because you buy from them things they once
maybe loved...
Companies on the other side...

ingmar1988
02-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I agree, all companies do this though.

The only company that ships consistently with good bubble wrap layer is NIS AMERICA.

Puk
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
But, it is such an old story, and we have someone here, who can transport the message "Be-fucking-careful-with-my-bought-stuff-because-you-took-also-careful-my-money". And -Peng- ,once again...the same thing happens

Btw. Sorry for my harsch words, we humans are able to build beautiful things, complex things, every single time around the world.
But we also fail every single day on quite simple things.

Ionotropic
02-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Dang, I wish they were still giving the marker pendant with the clamshell edition.

Dreamcazman
02-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Dang, I wish they were still giving the marker pendant with the clamshell edition.
I ordered mine the other day while they were still available.

Glad I did now. :whew:

Sebye
02-04-2013, 03:30 AM
Puk, that really sucks. I can feel your pain as a fellow collector.

tonybsg
02-05-2013, 08:57 PM
An btw.
Ryan, what kind of freak (yes, i mean it) filled the cardbox with Paper and placed the book on top of it.?
How often do we ask for "Bubblewrap", "we are collectors, take us serious"???
It is an old and neverending wish to hope that somebody usses his brain on packing a box...
How often do you want us to ask for it? 10 times...a 100 times?

Holy shit, Paper+ Book on it, card box closed....and here we go and fly around...INSIDE...the box!
I would do it better, 100%.
I like the dents on the clamshell...they give it personality...fuck
After my experiences, normal, simple persons take more care of packaging, because you buy from them things they once
maybe loved...
Companies on the other side...

I completely understand you mate, mine was shipped in exactly the same way.

"Fortunately", mine only has two dents...

$50 for this packaging...

Second clamshell I receive with dents (after the Mass Effect Artbook).

Sylfaris
02-07-2013, 04:47 PM
hm my clamshell edition still hasn't arrived here yet oO:sorry:

Also seems like tracking system won't work ..

@Ryan
can you look into this? I got an E-Mail that it has been shiped on 25.01.2013? Would be really great if you help me :-)

Matt16
02-07-2013, 05:24 PM
I got an E-Mail that it has been shiped on 25.01.2013? Would be really great if you help me :-)

Mine shipped the same date as yours and has just turned up today so I wouldn't worry, it's probably just around the corner.

I see what everyone's saying about the packaging to, it's shocking!! I don't know whether its luck or a miracle but mine still in one piece

Sylfaris
02-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Mine shipped the same date as yours and has just turned up today so I wouldn't worry, it's probably just around the corner.

I see what everyone's saying about the packaging to, it's shocking!! I don't know whether its luck or a miracle but mine still in one piece

Ah okay i hope so :)

tonybsg
02-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Just fyi I sent them a detailed email regarding the condition of my book and the overall packaging (Ryan told me to do so).

I will inform of what will happen asap.

rapidly-greying
02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
I threw the box out and later on remembered about the pendant. Luckily it was wrapped in a padded bag so it was fine. Lovely piece it is too.

The book is amazing.

enesis
02-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I also received it today and maybe all pack exactly the same way.
@tony : do you mean the dented like this ?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8454681939_d43cdc1c00.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8454681939/)
Edge1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8454681939/) by enesisratu (http://www.flickr.com/people/90585230@N06/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8455776118_15d114cdd2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8455776118/)
Edge2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8455776118/) by enesisratu (http://www.flickr.com/people/90585230@N06/), on Flickr

Matrix6
02-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Just fyi I sent them a detailed email regarding the condition of my book and the overall packaging (Ryan told me to do so).

I will inform of what will happen asap.
Who do you write to if I may ask kindly?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8454681939_d43cdc1c00.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8454681939/)
Edge1 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8454681939/) by enesisratu (http://www.flickr.com/people/90585230@N06/), on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8455776118_15d114cdd2.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8455776118/)
Edge2 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/90585230@N06/8455776118/) by enesisratu (http://www.flickr.com/people/90585230@N06/), on Flickr
I'm on the same dodgy boat :(

Madigan
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
As soon as you open your package, take a picture too see how it was packed, send them an email and post that picture on the facebook page.

Some guys said it arrived with paper as the only protection, no bubble wrap :hammer:

Radeontser
02-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Titan is also publishing a Limited Edition version of The Art of Dead Space, which will become available in March 2013. The Art of Dead Space (Limited Edition) has a limited run of 1000 copies, a glossy laminated slip-case, and comes with a signed print by game artist Patrick O’Keefe.

Madigan
02-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the info :thumb:

SwiftDeath
02-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Titan is also publishing a Limited Edition version of The Art of Dead Space, which will become available in March 2013. The Art of Dead Space (Limited Edition) has a limited run of 1000 copies, a glossy laminated slip-case, and comes with a signed print by game artist Patrick O?Keefe.

So this is different then the clamshell artbook?

mosavon
02-08-2013, 06:10 PM
As soon as you open your package, take a picture too see how it was packed, send them an email and post that picture on the facebook page.

Some guys said it arrived with paper as the only protection, no bubble wrap :hammer:

That's how mine was packed, arrived damaged of course, they seem to require lots of info and pics before they will do anything. They should know how they packed it!! :rant:

Madigan
02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Post those pics on their facebook page so all the followers can see it. Treehouse has been always a hit and miss and that sucks, good condition, damaged, damaged, damaged, good condition, damage, good condition.... Yeah yeah, we're gonna fix that bla bla bla but the shipping cost is high and what they do? just a box and some paper.

Radeontser
02-08-2013, 06:38 PM
So this is different then the clamshell artbook?
I believe so yes,seems to be similar to the limited halo books,3 different editions for one art book is milking it if you ask me

mosavon
02-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Post those pics on their facebook page so all the followers can see it. Treehouse has been always a hit and miss and that sucks, good condition, damaged, damaged, damaged, good condition, damage, good condition.... Yeah yeah, we're gonna fix that bla bla bla but the shipping cost is high and what they do? just a box and some paper.

Thing is i got it through a US friend and it's all the messing around for them that i don't like.

tonybsg
02-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Yes, mine has a similar big dent in one corner, and a smaller one in another.

Who do you write to if I may ask kindly?

I'm on the same dodgy boat :(

I created a ticket at their customer service site.

Go to your account at eagear (or bioware store) and under your orders section you can create a new support ticket.

You will be redirected to a new site, where you will need a new account and then you should be able to complete the form.

After that you'll have an answer to your email (or the site), which you'll be able to reply directly.

That's how mine was packed, arrived damaged of course, they seem to require lots of info and pics before they will do anything. They should know how they packed it!! :rant:

I already sent them pics of the dents and in a follow up email (after I was asked) I sent them the packaging pics as well. It was extremely obvious that there was basically no protection at all.

Matrix6
02-08-2013, 11:19 PM
@tonybsg Thank you for the info, I shall attempt to do just that. So, can you send pictures via support ticket?

tonybsg
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM
@tonybsg Thank you for the info, I shall attempt to do just that. So, can you send pictures via support ticket?

No worries mate, everyone should drop them an email in my opinion. I don't know how they will resolve this but they must take the situation very seriously.

If I'm not mistaken their message system supports attachments. However, I used my photobucket acc and sent them direct links of the pics.

toxicatom5
02-09-2013, 01:05 AM
Titan is also publishing a Limited Edition version of The Art of Dead Space, which will become available in March 2013. The Art of Dead Space (Limited Edition) has a limited run of 1000 copies, a glossy laminated slip-case, and comes with a signed print by game artist Patrick O?Keefe.

Do you have a link for this?

smitty2011
02-09-2013, 07:19 AM

Yep, mine was packed just with a little bit of paper... Disgraceful..so lucky it wasn't damaged...must have a work experienced kid packing these items. Bad form...:twisted:

Sylfaris
02-09-2013, 10:06 AM
customs duty~ 2/2 nice one guess again cuz some description are missing on the package

Lucky me that i waited to move to the customs...

ingmar1988
02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Do you have a link for this?

item is not on page yet, but will be available here

http://titanexclusives.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

winds
02-09-2013, 06:02 PM
I just received mine and have to say mine was well packed. I'm not sure if others have a higher standard than me or mine was just packed differently? Mine came in a box with sturdy cardboard slots in each of the 4 corners so the book wouldn't shift around, then padded with tons of thick brown paper so it wouldn't move an inch. Needless to say mine came in mint condition.

Maybe others were just unlucky? :(

tonybsg
02-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Ours were packaged veeeeeery differently :D

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg362/tonypapadovic/DSCN7164.jpg

I wish mine was shipped like yours, if I understand correctly your packaging, my ACIII Limited Edition Guide was shipped like this.

winds
02-10-2013, 01:22 AM
@tonybsg Yeah that definitely looks to be lacking compared to mine. Mine had the same paper inside, but it looks to be double the amount (at least from what I can tell, haha). The cardboard slots really helped in preventing it from moving any during transit.

blockbusterboy
02-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Luckily my copy of this arrived in mint condition though I'm sorry to hear about the problems others have experienced with this.

Romeo
02-11-2013, 07:45 PM
This book looks the same as the Titan book... I'm assuming it is it just in a different packaging.

Here's the standard book: http://titanbooks.com/the-art-of-dead-space-6662/

The LE from titan, like the AC3 one, comes in a slipbox with custom cover and a signed lithograph.

nipperkipper
02-12-2013, 08:26 PM
I havent received mine yet which seem odd, i have my dev team edition (shipped one week later) but not this

And the tracking number treehouse have given is incorrect and they havent reposnded to my message about the incorrect tracking number - anyone else had theirs not arrive yet (in the UK?)

Biggav4000
02-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Mine still have not turned up either :scratch:

Sylfaris
02-13-2013, 06:22 AM
mine arrived yesterday as i visited the customs .... *sigh*

Dreamcazman
02-13-2013, 07:28 AM
I ordered two books and I should have them in the next day or so.

Hope to God they are packed properly and not damaged.

MortalMonday
02-13-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm really surprised that this is still not sold out.

questate
02-13-2013, 08:50 AM
I havent received mine yet which seem odd, i have my dev team edition (shipped one week later) but not this

And the tracking number treehouse have given is incorrect and they havent reposnded to my message about the incorrect tracking number - anyone else had theirs not arrive yet (in the UK?)

Hey Nipp mate, I received mine well packed and had the chrome diamond pendant included :)

Madigan
02-13-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm really surprised that this is still not sold out.

The ME artbook sold faster I think 1500 units in less than a month.

tonybsg
02-13-2013, 07:56 PM
They decided to send me a replacement book after showing detailed pics of my book and packaging! I also included pics of my Mass Effect Clamshell which was dented as well.

Great customer service, I think they thought of the fact that the returing shipping costs would be huge (I mentioned that in our conversation) so they just send me another one.

They informed me of their efforts to make the warehouse people prepare their shipments with better packaging and asked me to give feedback as soon as I receive the new order.

I'm very glad of course, hope that I receive a mint book this time!

Matrix6
02-13-2013, 09:14 PM
They decided to send me a replacement book after showing detailed pics of my book and packaging!

Can you post a pic of said damaged book? I'd like to compare it to what I received :pooryou:

tonybsg
02-13-2013, 10:50 PM
Hey matrix, didn't they offered to send you a replacement book as well?

As I said, mine has a dent like this, only bigger:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8528/8454681939_d43cdc1c00.jpg[/url]

It's just on the other side, at the spine. To be more presice, as you look the book, it's on the left upper corner. It's a little bigger than the one above, and it goes along the spine as well.

Sebye
02-19-2013, 02:39 AM
I was on the website of Titan Books, the publisher for the art book proper, and I noticed this sentence at the end of the page for the art book, "Titan are also releasing a special Limited Edition of the book in March." Can anyone explain this?

Link: http://titanbooks.com/blog/explore-stunning-art-dead-space-3/

Romeo
02-19-2013, 02:42 AM
I was on the website of Titan Books, the publisher for the art book proper, and I noticed this sentence at the end of the page for the art book, "Titan are also releasing a special Limited Edition of the book in March." Can anyone explain this?

Link: http://titanbooks.com/blog/explore-stunning-art-dead-space-3/

The LE from titan, like the AC3 one, comes in a slipbox with custom cover and a signed lithograph.

Sylfaris
02-19-2013, 05:34 AM
nice thx for info need that one :D

deckard2112
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm confused to how many editions there are?

Is this right:

1. Regular Titan edition
2. Clamshell EA edition with pendant (1000 only)
3. Limited slipcased Titan edition (1000 only)

Is this right that there's two different limiteds?

Is the content the same in all three?

cheers
Steve

Romeo
03-22-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm confused to how many editions there are?

Is this right:

1. Regular Titan edition
2. Clamshell EA edition with pendant (1000 only)
3. Limited slipcased Titan edition (1000 only)

Is this right that there's two different limiteds?

Is the content the same in all three?

cheers
Steve

They're all the same book except EA has more pages. Titan has a signed lithograph.

MortalMonday
03-22-2013, 04:59 PM
The Clamshell EA edition has extra content (more pages) found in no other edition.

I think you're right about there being 3 different versions too. Titan regular, Titan Exclusive version , Treehouse/EA version.

Romeo
03-22-2013, 05:01 PM
This is Titan's LE I received last week. The slipbox texture is different from other Titan LE books, it's a velvet-y feel.

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/2829/imageevz.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img547/7469/imageekp.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/69/imageexk.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img824/7783/imagekzd.jpg

deckard2112
03-23-2013, 01:25 AM
That looks brilliant. I've already bought the regular Titan edition or I'd have gone for that instead...bit annoyed they announced it after the regular edition though
BTW, the jacket on the regular has a soft, velvety feel too ...quite unusual