PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard collection - Starting a new hobby

Nightbane
01-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Hi

I have been browsing this forum for about a month now, waiting for a number of things to arrive since I started collecting Blizzard games about a month ago. Decided to hold off signing up until I had some thing good to show everyone.

Probably a bad time to start collecting with Christmas right in the middle since a lot of stuff was from America :P

Anyway, my new big hobby is collecting anything and everything Blizzard, but only at the right price. My real love for Blizzard games started when I first picked up WOW many years back, and I still play it to this day so I have a fairly good history with Blizzard games.

I am a recent Uni grad and I am saving up to do a masters so unless its a really really high quality game then I wont be paying over what I want to pay. For example I paid ?50 for Lost Vikings PC, but it is in perfect condition, from box to the insides, and is complete. Other items I can live with it being 90% good condition for the right price which I have got quite lucky with so far.

I have other collectibles too, most notable my Mass Effect 1 collectors edition steelbox, SWOTOR (which I got for ?50 a few months after launch, due to the game stores dying, and probably my huge megadrive collection which was my first ever console when I was stupidly young). All that is in the loft of my house so I cant get pictures unfortunately.

Anyway, enjoy my collection. I look forward to sharing more of my steals and moans with you all in the future :P (Dont forget to look at my questions at the bottom)

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6456/photoklr.jpg

Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2 and expansion, Warcraft 3 and Expansion both unopened, World of Warcraft (original trillion disk version :P), and the expansions.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8493/photo1kap.jpg

Almost every diablo game, D2 in small and big box version. Only missing Diablo Hellfire which will arrive shortly.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5482/photo2tgg.jpg

Everything else thrown in

Top row: Lost vikings pc, Lost vikings 2 pc (Sealed), Diablo book of cain, Warcraft Lich king helm collectible (purchased from blizzard, sealed and never opened) (1 of 4000 made)

Bottom row: Blackthorne pc (No cover yet, sadly), Rock n roll racing, World of Warcraft behind the scenes dvd (sealed), Diablo 15th anniversary and Warcraft patch 3.3 music cd's (both sealed), Blizzcon Mini Tyrael figure (sealed)

Still waiting on the following:

Warcraft 3, collectors edition soundtrack, dvd and game (got this for under ?10 which is all I really need)

Diablo hellfire exp - Wasnt going to get this as its not really a Blizzard made game and it sells for quite a lot, but I got this for ?25 in good condition based on pictures)

Some other world of warcraft collectors edition goodies as I cant justify paying ?50-300 for boxed versions of games I already have :P

Questions)

1) So my blackthorne does not come with the cardboard sleeve that just slides off the black interplay box, does anyone know where I can get a replacement cover? This seemed to be a really rare game for pc and the buyer claimed this didnt come with a cover as it was leftover stock purchased from interplay themselves.

2) Is there any other blizzard game collecting addict on this forum I can throw my questions at?

3) I have a very annoying and very scary label on my diablo 2 big boxed versions, do any of you pro's know a safe way to remove this?

Thanks all, hope you enjoy my small but growing collection :)

ingmar1988
01-20-2013, 12:51 AM
Awsome! love blizzard. You should get the starcraft 2 CE :) and the one for the upcoming game.

Twisted
01-20-2013, 04:38 AM
yea welcome! nice start u got there...yea definitely pick up the new starcraft 2 collectors edition, the packaging looks pretty badass!

Nightbane
01-20-2013, 10:06 AM
Oops I knew there was something I had forgotten to take a picture of. Yeah I love the SC2 collectors edition, looking forward to the expansion collectors edition in a few months.

I would love to get boxed versions of SC1 and the expansion, but all the high quality ones are not really within my budget so I will have to live with SC2 instead :P

*Will insert a picture here later*

Platfus
01-20-2013, 10:15 AM
Awesome collection dude! :welcome: :)

Nightbane
01-20-2013, 10:20 AM

I'm going to start expanding my collection to steelbooks and other games once I am happy with my current collection. I don't usually buy many games these days anyway (most games I don't replay so I just rent them), so any games I do buy will most likely be collectors editions provided they aren't the ?100+ editions.

I have a bad feeling that joining this forum will do some damage to my wallet over the next few years :P

Platfus
01-20-2013, 10:29 AM
I can answer it....
Yes, it will harm your wallet sooooo much...
Same happend to me :D xD

NaughtyDogJames
01-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I can answer it....
Yes, it will harm your wallet sooooo much...
Same happend to me :D xD

I can't remember the last thing non-video game related that I bought. I've been completely skinted out in the last 6 months.

Platfus
01-20-2013, 01:42 PM
I remember what I bought
http://www.fornetti.com/UserFiles/linkStore_421_3.jpeg

I bought this when I went to xzone last thursday to pick up mass effect cards lol :rotf:
:haha: