PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

Etherealed
01-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Hello all, a lifelong female gamer from Canada finally building up a collection.

A little about me:
I'm a farm girl/landscaper/designer/crafter, basically a jack-of-all-trades but master of none with a passion for the gaming industry. And superheroes. And adult cartoons. Basically everything a chickata isn't supposed to like.

How I got here:
I stumbled upon these forums by chance and was quite pleased with the discovery. I'm thinking it will do me some good to converse with like-minded individuals since I've often been criticized for my hobbies.

Collection:
I have no photos available at the moment as most of my possessions are in storage, but here's a list of what I can think of.

Hardware:
2 x Mattel Intellivisions (one with box) with approx. 60 games
1 x GameBoy (original with box)
1 x Sega Genesis with box, approx. 60 games & 2 game genies
1 x PS2 original with PS1 disc read error, which leads to...
1 x PS2 silver slim
1 x PS3 160gb slim
1 x DS
1 x Vita

Notable games (non-CE):
All PS1 black label FF games, minus Tactics
FF7 1999 PC re-release
A buttload of obscure PS2 RPGs

CE Games:
LBP2 Collector's Edition
360 Assassin's Creed II White Edition (just purchased, not yet received)
PS3 Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition
PS3 Assassin's Creed III Limited Edition

Other Collectibles:
Plush Moogle
FF7 Play Arts Cloud, Aeris, Tifa, Red XIII & Cait Sith
FFX silk wallscroll of Yuna
FFX ladies collector's watch box (watch was stolen)
FFX Squaresoft original Yuna's necklace
FFX-2 Paine's necklace, with box
FFX-2 gunner Yuna statue
FFX-2 limited edition strategy guide with art book
Amano art books
Okami collectors art book
1st edition Assassin's Creed Ezio belt buckle
AC "Chevaliere" ring
Tons of old Playstation magazines w/demo discs

Awaiting crafting creations:
ACR "Ottoman" logo limited edition Ubiworkshop T-shirt (pending repurpose)
AC Ladies grey Desmond T-shirt (pending repurpose)
Assassin's Creed brass & leather necklace (my own design, waiting on materials)
Assassin's Creed cosplays for Toronto FanExpo (own designs, slowly buying items and materials)

I had other collectors items but unfortunately they were shared purchases with my Ex. When we split I took furniture over games >____<
Oh how I wish I had grabbed the original AC Collector's Edition...

So, that's me. Ola amigos! :banana:

vhal_x
01-22-2013, 08:25 PM
Welcome :) Nice to see another girl on the forums :) We seem to be running the place now :P xx

evilvort3x
01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the forum... nice variety of of items. Will be nice to see your collection in pictures!

Biggav4000
01-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi and yet another:welcome: to the forum
You have a varied collection and I look forward to seeing some pics,I too have a rather large mattel intellivision collection,which i am sadly selling as i dont collect retro stuff anymore :(

Mathika
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Hey welcome !

and now i can use it the first time in this forum :D
:ttiuwp:

When we split I took furniture over games:facepalm:

Etherealed
01-22-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi and yet another:welcome: to the forum
You have a varied collection and I look forward to seeing some pics,I too have a rather large mattel intellivision collection,which i am sadly selling as i dont collect retro stuff anymore :(

The Intellivisions were my dad's and uncle's. I watched my dad play that system since I was in diapers so I'll never let them go for sentimental reasons. ^_^

Etherealed
01-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Hey welcome !

and now i can use it the first time in this forum :D
:ttiuwp:

:facepalm:

Will this partially satisfy your image lust? It's all I have on hand to grab, unless you would like photos of brown boxes labelled "games" :P
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/Etherealed/Collectibles/2013-01-22_16-09-05_939_zps58509594.jpg

EDIT
Found some old pics on my Facebook! Won't add to first post until I can show a decent amount at once.
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/Etherealed/163444_487387885806_4744802_n_zps9fe87f4c.jpg
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w282/Etherealed/328124_10150357969190807_1072759547_o_zps4f2f42aa. jpg

Doomsayer
01-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Hello and welcome to CE.org

Btw, do we possibly know each other or do I know someone who has exactly same looking shelf of games? :D

Etherealed
01-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Hello and welcome to CE.org

Btw, do we possibly know each other or do I know someone who has exactly same looking shelf of games? :D

Considering you're in Finland and that shelf is an Ikea standard, I would say no. Unless you were in my old apartment, and in that case I have some questions... :nosleep:

Doomsayer
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Considering you're in Finland and that shelf is an Ikea standard, I would say no. Unless you were in my old apartment, and in that case I have some questions... :nosleep:

:swoon: wasn't me. But seriously I have seen that shelf, that moogle and those games. Did you play Parallel Kingdoms at some point?

Etherealed
01-22-2013, 11:46 PM
No, never touched that game. I think I only ever had that picture on my Facebook (which is private) so unless someone I know posted it somewhere else, I have no idea.

Doomsayer
01-22-2013, 11:53 PM
No, never touched that game. I think I only ever had that picture on my Facebook (which is private) so unless someone I know posted it somewhere else, I have no idea.

Weird. Maybe my memory isn't working on full capacity atm. Anyway nice small collection of things you have there :)

Boumans
01-23-2013, 06:50 AM
Welcome offcourse..