PDA

View Full Version : Crouching Altair

Mathika
01-29-2013, 06:03 AM
Hey Guys
First4Figures answer me!!!!

Klick Here (http://beta.first4figures.com/forum/video-games/please-help-me-communiti-and-f4f-team/)

And Lowly they answer me in the Forum:taunt:

They made the Figur is made in PVC with a round thin black base
They made about 1000
They where made specifically as gifts for Ubisoft

Xtralifes.es
We only gave the statues direct to Ubisoft. I dont know what they did with them afterwards.

Greetz

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Awesome job mathika :notworthy:

So kitty was right it is a 1000

Well that's kind of lame then

Although I suppose they say it's "around" a thousand so ppl will still speculate

Doubt ppl will say 100 made now though

Thetof91
01-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Nice..

Hope that make the price go down some.. Instead of that super high price..
People where only paying that much because they fought there where so few..

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 06:21 AM
Nice..

Hope that make the price go down some.. Instead of that super high price..
People where only paying that much because they fought there where so few..

Yep bet some of those people who paid over a grand would kick themselves if they saw this :rotf:

Thetof91
01-29-2013, 06:42 AM
But still think the price will be somthing like 200-400 euro sadly..

Just the other week I was watching a Brotherhood figurine, the one that I am missing.. Normal the price on it on ebay has been around 100 euro.. But this 1 went to a bit over 200 euro.. Totally crazy..

LowlyAssassin
01-29-2013, 06:56 AM
At mathika this will be my only post here
I'll edit and re edit it to keep the thread clean
But
Nobody confirmed or denied lover in that thread you linked
Nobody confirmed or denied that they where for sale at extralife.es or that they where pre order bonuses on extralife.es

You should ask
Where they ever for sale or given to extralife.es
Did UBisoft ever sell these,
Or adjust give them away as gifts

Also well don't to you for finding the answer
Now to spread the word like a plague destroying the value of this item
Mwahahaha

Ezio brotherhood side convo

Just the other week I was watching a Brotherhood figurine, the one that I am missing.. Normal the price on it on ebay has been around 100 euro.. But this 1 went to a bit over 200 euro.. Totally crazy..
Is that the square enix one that originally retailed for 42 GBP?

It is this one I am talking about
http://content.gucca.dk/spil-covers/store/assassins-creed-brotherhood-auditore-figurine-soiled_68773.jpg
OK I have to see if my local forbidden planet has any left
seriously? its not even rare... retail is 40 bucks
True
Actually it's started to get harder to find

However I think it's the european box variant that gets the big bucks

US one came in a different box to my knowledge

Very similar but not the same
Us one is less common in Europe
European one is rare in US
So swings and roundabouts
It's about how its listed

Here was the auction

223 euro
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ezio-Auditore-da-Firenze-Figur-Figurine-TOP-RAR-/200879724806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2ec55d5906#ht_697wt_1165
Lily goes off to sell hers XD

Thetof91
01-29-2013, 07:00 AM
It is this one I am talking about
http://content.gucca.dk/spil-covers/store/assassins-creed-brotherhood-auditore-figurine-soiled_68773.jpg

Xmo
01-29-2013, 07:05 AM

seriously? its not even rare... retail is 40 bucks

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 07:06 AM
seriously? its not even rare...

Thetof91
01-29-2013, 07:13 AM
Here was the auction

223 euro
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ezio-Auditore-da-Firenze-Figur-Figurine-TOP-RAR-/200879724806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item2ec55d5906#ht_697wt_1165

Dr_Jengo
01-29-2013, 07:14 AM
Great work Mathika! Finally some official info from a trustable source..

If u ask me, the price hike was due to the listing that went up to $5k or something like that? Since that auction, prices have gone up. Then a few relists for $2-$3k, something like that. I'm not even sure if some of those listings were real sales.

Xmo
01-29-2013, 07:16 AM

Lol was planning to sell it a couple months back for $30. Thank god its a lot rarer than the black edition. I didn't really saw that coming.

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 07:17 AM
Finally found a pic of the US version

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Statue-/200856950827?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2ec401d82b&nma=true&si=Zz12M81fp3%252Ft2G6p8I9dghavXhs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Note that it doesn't have the ezio auditore de etc. black bar at the bottom

Dr_Jengo
01-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Are the figures different or just the packaging?

Thetof91
01-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Just the packaging..

Dr_Jengo
01-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Aye Aye...

SwiftDeath
01-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Yeah i must have OCD to talk about such subtle differences :rotf:

Dr_Jengo
01-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Rofl, it's all good. Makes a difference to those who collect sealed stuff..

smitty2011
01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
So does that mean the rare one is the Ezio Auditore Attakus Figurine? Which was only 100 made? Theres another one with a wooden base with 200 made...

U tube link..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jPmxb3hXU

Mathika
01-29-2013, 11:45 AM
So does that mean the rare one is the Ezio Auditore Attakus Figurine? Which was only 100 made? Theres another one with a wooden base with 200 made...

U tube link..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2jPmxb3hXU

Yep

Both had a sculpt Wooden Base
Look in my Intro Thread i have the limited to 100 ;)

Greetz

Redmagster
01-29-2013, 12:23 PM
Hey Guys
First4Figures answer me!!!!

Klick Here (http://beta.first4figures.com/forum/video-games/please-help-me-communiti-and-f4f-team/)

And Lowly they answer me in the Forum:taunt:

They made the Figur in PVC
They made around 1000
They where made for Ubisoft

The Xtralifes.es Altair was Real

Greetz

Good to know the definitive on this - they were gifts for Ubi as I had heard but... I still don't believe the xtralife.es is real - best marketing ploy ever for a site that sellls Assassins creed collectibles... load up a product that is highly sought after by avid collectors, give it a real low cost, mark it out of stock (like they ever sold any in the first place at that price!!) and lo and behold every time a collector google searches for Crouching Assassin they hit xtralife.... nice bit of site marketing, increases their traffic to raise their google rankings and puts them on the radar for purchases of other associated Asssassins lines....

Nice one! :thumb:

Mathika
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Good to know the definitive on this - they were gifts for Ubi as I had heard but... I still don't believe the xtralife.es is real - best marketing ploy ever for a site that sellls Assassins creed collectibles... load up a product that is highly sought after by avid collectors, give it a real low cost, mark it out of stock (like they ever sold any in the first place at that price!!) and lo and behold every time a collector google searches for Crouching Assassin they hit xtralife.... nice bit of site marketing, increases their traffic to raise their google rankings and puts them on the radar for purchases of other associated Asssassins lines....

Nice one! :thumb:

:D
I never found Xtralifes.es in the web for searching Crouching Altair

I found it in a post of Lowly a year ago ;)

Nobody confirmed or denied lover in that thread you linked
Nobody confirmed or denied that they where for sale at extralife.es or that they where pre order bonuses on extralife.es

:scratch:
First4Figure answer and Confirmed

You missunderstand it with Xtralifes (but i write it a little bit false)
i had write to some seller @ ebay that this figur cost 35 Euro and they where saying to me it is another Figur made out of PVC

Mathika
01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Update
Answer from First4Figures

I ask for Xtralifes

Answer:
We only gave the statues direct to Ubisoft. I dont know what they did with them afterwards.

I think they were real why not?

Xmo
01-31-2013, 05:15 AM
Only 1 seller left on ebay, as far as I know :S

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ezio-Figur-/111003744254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item19d856b7fe

Better start investing on the Ezio Revelations

SwiftDeath
01-31-2013, 05:17 AM
Only 1 seller left on ebay, as far as I know :S

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-Creed-Brotherhood-Ezio-Figur-/111003744254?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item19d856b7fe

lol don't think it's quite worth that much :rotf:

LeX
01-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Is it really that rare nowadays? I bought mine like 4-5 months ago, for less than a 100. and the same box as that.

Thetof91
01-31-2013, 08:54 AM
Forgot to check an auction yesterday..

There where 2 auction on ebay, 1 with box, 1 without.. The 1 without was only germany ended on 122 euro..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281057141708?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
While the 1 with box and all ended on 41 pound...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121057388756?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
And I forgot all about it.. -.-

LowlyAssassin
01-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Language barriers between me and mathika are causing an issue
As English isn't your first language it seems (no offence intended)
So I'm not coninuing this crouching Altair debate anymore ever
Although I will as extra life.es
And my guys at UBisoft to see what they know

My final words before though
Yes the extra life.es figure is real it is pictures of the real coaching Altair
This does not mean they ever sold the figure, nor does it tell us how many they ever had min stock maybe 0 maybe 1 maybe 500 nobody has asked extralife and I do not speak Spanish so its best if a Spanish speaker asks
Did you ever sell these
When did you start selling them
How many did you have in stock (either exact numbers or roughly)
When did you sell out

Mathika
01-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Language barriers between me and mathika are causing an issue
As English isn't your first language it seems (no offence intended)
So I'm not coninuing this crouching Altair debate anymore ever
Although I will as extra life.es
And my guys at UBisoft to see what they know

My final words before though
Yes the extra life.es figure is real it is pictures of the real coaching Altair
This does not mean they ever sold the figure, nor does it tell us how many they ever had min stock maybe 0 maybe 1 maybe 500 nobody has asked extralife and I do not speak Spanish so its best if a Spanish speaker asks
Did you ever sell these
When did you start selling them
How many did you have in stock (either exact numbers or roughly)
When did you sell out

:facepalm:
:rotf:

I understand you , i write that i think it is sell by them

why not?

What will Ubisoft do with 1000 of these ?

And what for sense is it when Xtralifes.es dont sell them ?

But ok lets stop it now befor it will end in WAR:swoon:

Greetz :D

HIPPEEDUDE
02-15-2013, 11:43 AM
I have read this thread a few times & have been thinking about everything thats been said or what has been thought. Lets step back & think about this logically for a minute. If,thats if around 1000 of these crouching altair figures were ever made then only ever sent to Ubisoft employees,wouldnt you think between when they were made & now there would surely have been more appeared for sale than there has been?? Regardless wether they were supposed to only have been given to employees of Ubisoft or not then surely over the years more would have appeared for sale than there has been. Yes,well done for getting answer of sorts so far but,the next step would surely be to get an answer of sorts from Ubisoft as to what was done with them,what they were for,were any given away to anyone via competition of sorts etc. So far the only grain of reality i can possibly see is that first4figures no longer have the licence for Assassins Creed,which was one of the consistant rumours circling around as to why nothing else was made after Altair.
Now,in regards to the one that "sold" for $5000,it never did as far as i am aware. The seller has relisted it a few times,each time the end sale price has gotten lower but still goes over $1000. Now,either the seller has more than one of these & never leaves or gives feedback,the potetial buyers are just dreamers that hike the price or more likely theres a bit of shill bidding going on somewhere. You decide.

Thetof91
02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
I watch a danish game review show thing :p
Called pixel.tv, and they had 1 of these.. And I asked them personal in mail where they got it from, and was told it was a gift from ubisoft.. So ubisoft have not only give it to employee, but also some review sites and such things :p

SwiftDeath
02-15-2013, 04:41 PM
Whereas the number could potentially be less than a thousand as the first4figure comment on the production number was not 100% certain, it has got to be over a hundred and IMO it has to be at least 500 bare minimum.

There have been maybe 15 seperate crouching altairs that have been listed / sold in the past 3 months or so. If you compare it to the uncharted 2 art folio which was limited to 200, there has been 2 listed in the past 6 - 8 months

Granted there's a lot of other variables to consider including the fact that crouching Altair may have never been available for sale to the public as well as the fact that a high price auction of an item tends to shake loose several more of that item but even still there have been far too many listings in a short amount of time for me to ever believe it is anything even remotely close to 100

LowlyAssassin
02-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Whereas the number could potentially be less than a thousand as the first4figure comment on the production number was not 100% certain, it has got to be over a hundred and IMO it has to be at least 500 bare minimum.

There have been maybe 15 seperate crouching altairs that have been listed / sold in the past 3 months or so. If you compare it to the uncharted 2 art folio which was limited to 200, there has been 2 listed in the past 6 - 8 months

Granted there's a lot of other variables to consider including the fact that crouching Altair may have never been available for sale to the public as well as the fact that a high price auction of an item tends to shake loose several more of that item but even still there have been far too many listings in a short amount of time for me to ever believe it is anything even remotely close to 100
I have seen close to 40 crouching altairs listed on eBay in under 12 months
You can have that for free

SwiftDeath
02-15-2013, 07:12 PM
I have seen close to 40 crouching altairs listed on eBay in under 12 months
You can have that for free

lol thanks lowly :thumb:

Always trust you to have the best info on AC stuff on ebay :D

Do you think any of the 40 or so were relistings? Or were they mostly separate listings?

Definitely more than a 100 then.....

LowlyAssassin
02-15-2013, 07:27 PM
lol thanks lowly :thumb:

Always trust you to have the best info on AC stuff on ebay :D

Do you think any of the 40 or so were relistings? Or were they mostly separate listings?

Definitely more than a 100 then.....

I know one guy had between 5 and at most 15 (can't be more specific that was over a year ago) that he sourced from Spain but was based in London
He had no info on them
No duplicate spellings
No shill bids
As with each listing they started out at 28 GBP up to 120 GBP
Each consecutive listing went for a higher price
And that's what started this sick game

I have emailed almost every seller of a crouching Altair up until Christmas when I gave up the chase
Each one tells of similar stories
And I always have quite a deep discussion
So I don't believe anyone of them to be relistings
Except one over on the US site but that doesn't show up in my UK search anymore
And since eBay changed there international listing policy that a seller needed 10 selling feedback to make a listing visible to international bidders
My search has been narrowed and I ignore and don't count buy it nows listed especially not the seller in the US who thinks its worth 5000USD

I can find out a better idea of the number of altairs that exist from my ubi contact
Be there where over 500 employees that worked on AC1 so I'll ask the question and see what I get back

Aosen86
04-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I can confirm 1000 Crounched altair see here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=514773398554603&set=a.457942820904328.108471.457884850910125&type=3&theater