PDA

View Full Version : More Irrational Games Limited Editon Items

Pages : [1] 2

flatout
02-15-2013, 09:14 PM
The signed Litho set that was already posted and they added the Limited Columbia Concept Statue and Limited Framed Boardwalk Litho:

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Category.aspx?c=Collectibles

Only 1,000 of the statues...

Littlefeet1
02-18-2013, 12:09 AM
I ordered mine back when Neca put them up on their ebay store with a 5% or 10% discount. So i grabbed one. Here's are some pics

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02328_zps0eab93ae.jpg
box opened
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02332_zpsdaec0eb0.jpg
and they are individually numbered: mine is #327/1000
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02334_zps1139be63.jpg

i hope the pics came out nice and clear.

kittychloe
02-18-2013, 06:31 AM
one thing i don't like about collecting.. I need it but i don't really like it

Clusks
02-23-2013, 02:21 PM
I ordered mine back when Neca put them up on their ebay store with a 5% or 10% discount. So i grabbed one. Here's are some pics

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02328_zps0eab93ae.jpg
box opened
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02332_zpsdaec0eb0.jpg
and they are individually numbered: mine is #327/1000
http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae26/mncper/Bioshock%20Infinite%20Pictures/DSC02334_zps1139be63.jpg

i hope the pics came out nice and clear.

They've come out so clear that I'm now desperate for one!

ingmar1988
02-23-2013, 05:09 PM
made in china is always so disappointing to see. Probably made for 5 dollar.

flatout
02-23-2013, 05:22 PM
I am really curious as to where you would expect all things like this (and most thing anyways) to be made?

Not sure I have seen many (if at all) video game collectables that weren't manufactured in China... they are usually designed/sculpted somewhere else but then outsource for manufacturing.

EDIT: Just re-read this and it sounds very sarcastic... it is not meant to be offending.

Knight
04-05-2013, 06:05 AM
Has anyone got one of the framed Boardwalk lithographs? There are only 100 of those as well. I'm quite surprised they are still there. $200 I know, but they are framed as well.

I got one when they were released and it's lovely. Anyway, just curious.

flatout
04-05-2013, 06:11 AM
No, doesn't feel "bioshosk-ish" for some reason.

I got the Fink one (missed the signed ones) and a Bucking Bronco... I am surprised more haven't gotten these. %00 of each of those made and the BB is awesome if a little too big for my taste, I wish it was more on par with the Fink Theater Litho's size.

MortalMonday
04-05-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't like the Boardwalk print. It's too plain and generally not appealing to me. I certainly wouldn't even consider paying $200 for it. Maybe if it was say $50 I might get it, if only for the sake of having it for my Bioshock collection; otherwise, again, it's just not for me.

Knight
04-05-2013, 06:13 AM
I do wish they had the Bioshock Infinite logo included somewhere on it - probably the only gripe I have about it. I can see how it may not appeal to some - honestly, I had to get it regardless. I know me...once they are sold out, I'll regret not having it ;)

I have one of the signed Finks and a Bucking Bronco as well - lovely designs. :)

Back on track, all the sold out items have pretty much been taken off the store now, so I wonder if that is it for the books?

MortalMonday
04-05-2013, 06:13 AM
No, doesn't feel "bioshosk-ish" for some reason.

I got the Fink one (missed the signed ones) and a Bucking Bronco... I am surprised more haven't gotten these. %00 of each of those made and the BB is awesome if a little too big for my taste, I wish it was more on par with the Fink Theater Litho's size.

To me, the Boardwalk print almost feels like it belongs in the paint department at Home Depot or something; to help people decide on a color for their living room.

flatout
04-05-2013, 06:19 AM
I do wish they had the Bioshock Infinite logo included somewhere on it - probably the only gripe I have about it. I can see how it may not appeal to some - honestly, I had to get it regardless. I know me...once they are sold out, I'll regret not having it ;)

I have one of the signed Finks and a Bucking Bronco as well - lovely designs. :)

Back on track, all the sold out items have pretty much been taken off the store now, so I wonder if that is it for the books?

I did some heavy complaining and when I finally got to a higher up he said he would do something about it and then they came down. (not sure why as this solved nothing)

And yes the designs on those are awesome... I missed the signed ones :(

BUT I got a signed Litho for Free from friend at PAX so I am not complaining really..

fromsinkingsands
04-05-2013, 08:25 AM
To me, the Boardwalk print almost feels like it belongs in the paint department at Home Depot or something; to help people decide on a color for their living room.

This made me :lmao:

Mancoon
04-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Yeah knight I got one of the boardwalk pictures, it looks good framed for what it is. The only reason I really got it was because I missed out on the signed lithographs. They dropped the ball on it though. The certificate is signed by Ken which is nice but the print should be signed and numbered its no fun with the auto in an envelope. The artist should have signed it also, btw have you guys ever gotten anything for complaining? I'm still arguing with them about the signed book cancellation, I feel they owe me something since I had a legit order but they decided to hand out copies instead, they only tried to reassure me by saying they will try to limit rare items to one per person, that's it.

flatout
04-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah knight I got one of the boardwalk pictures, it looks good framed for what it is. The only reason I really got it was because I missed out on the signed lithographs. They dropped the ball on it though. The certificate is signed by Ken which is nice but the print should be signed and numbered its no fun with the auto in an envelope. The artist should have signed it also, btw have you guys ever gotten anything for complaining? I'm still arguing with them about the signed book cancellation, I feel they owe me something since I had a legit order but they decided to hand out copies instead, they only tried to reassure me by saying they will try to limit rare items to one per person, that's it.

Same here... they don't seem to care about making it right.

I just asked for a refund finally (on the art book as well... i would rather not buy from them unless I have to, plus i found it shipped cheaper somewhere else).

toxicatom5
04-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Boardwalk piece has sold out. That took a while...

Littlefeet1
04-13-2013, 02:14 AM
To be honest with everyone here. I like signed collectibles like every one here on this forum. But i have to ask, about how many of these midnight lithos were signed on that day. Let's do the math shall we?

there were four locations where Irrational Games staff present if my memories serves my correctly. One of which location Mr. Ken Levine and staff were on hand to sign. The real prized are those that were signed by Ken Levine. So, my best guesses. There were probably more than 200 that attended the midnight launch..--uh the one in Boston. Maybe more. So in my eyes these signed lithos aren't exactly rare in my opinion. If however, a signed (# numbered) collectibles accompany with a certificate of authencity is more highly prized.

My speculation is Mr. Levine is a very nice guy and probably signed autographs like he passed out Halloween candies. So that's a pretty big red flag for me. No disrespecting to Mr. Ken Levine in anyway.

I've collected sports cards in my days so if there a highly profile autographs like a May, a Ruth or a Williams flooding the market. The overall value isn't great. That's just my takes on it anyway.

tsquared44
04-13-2013, 05:52 AM
I was at the ny event in the city. It was such a rainy night but it ended up stopping when we were getting the midnight release posters signed. I would say alot didnt show up because of the weather. I would say around 50-75 people were there and they were not giving away extra midnight posters other than the ones they signed for us. The guy working at irrational told me they were going to burn the extras.

I would say they are rare, not because i have one but because there are very appealing posters and not many people showed, If it were 7,000 people, thats a diff story. I drove an hour and a half to get one haha, i didnt even live in the city. I think the whole midnight release thing adds value because there werent many people.

People from foreign countries who obviosully didnt get a chance to get one are probably looking to get them which increases rarity and value as well.

Brandon Storm
04-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I was at the ny event in the city. It was such a rainy night but it ended up stopping when we were getting the midnight release posters signed. I would say alot didnt show up because of the weather. I would say around 50-75 people were there and they were not giving away extra midnight posters other than the ones they signed for us. The guy working at irrational told me they were going to burn the extras.

I would say they are rare, not because i have one but because there are very appealing posters and not many people showed, If it were 7,000 people, thats a diff story. I drove an hour and a half to get one haha, i didnt even live in the city. I think the whole midnight release thing adds value because there werent many people.

People from foreign countries who obviosully didnt get a chance to get one are probably looking to get them which increases rarity and value as well.

I can confirm the Toronto midnight launch was about as big.

Definitely not in the multiple hundreds. One straight line-up across the store, definitely closer to 50-75. And 75 is really pushing it.

I'd speculate the Boston location had the most people show up and the most posters signed because Ken was there, so oddly enough despite their high value and rarity of the signature itself they're probably the most common.

StayFree( ' 3')
04-14-2013, 02:06 AM
so what do you guys think are the rarest of the five? It seems that the west coast posters (LA/San Francisco) are the rarest while I'm seeing a flood of the Toronto and NY posters. Boston is up there too.

SwiftDeath
04-14-2013, 02:24 AM
so what do you guys think are the rarest of the five? It seems that the west coast posters (LA/San Francisco) are the rarest while I'm seeing a flood of the Toronto and NY posters. Boston is up there too.

Personally I would say the San Francisco poster is the rarest followed by the Boston poster

I say this because there only been 3 SF posters listed this far while Boston has at least half a dozen Boston posters

My opinion of course

amb6883
04-14-2013, 02:59 AM
I am trying to get the cheaper unsigned posters. Frankly, I do not trust the sellers on ebay. I can always try to get signatures later myself.

flatout
04-14-2013, 03:22 AM
Just wait a year from now or more... if you want a good deal just keep watching and waiting (easy to say hard to do).

Once the hype settles and new games come out (especially when the next gen comes out at the end of the year), prices will drop A LOT.

I completely re-did the Midnight Launch Image:

http://i49.tinypic.com/4rz20w.jpg

blingaling
05-02-2013, 07:29 PM
FYI if you don't have one yet the Columbia concept statue is back up at the store:
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-CLMBIA-FIG&vSKU=2K-INF-CLMBIA-FIG

also the stupid keychain is back in stock :/

flatout
05-02-2013, 07:39 PM
THe statue is the stupid thing if you ask me... seen the unboxing and it looks cheapish.

The keychain is actually really nice... I had them a few weeks before Irrational did though which is kind of strange.

blingaling
05-02-2013, 07:49 PM
THe statue is the stupid thing if you ask me... seen the unboxing and it looks cheapish.

The keychain is actually really nice... I had them a few weeks before Irrational did though which is kind of strange.

I do like my statue, I would agree with criticism that it is overpriced though. The big problem is the shiny finish, I bet a little sandpaper and a light wash with a darker gray paint would really make it nice.
How soft is the metal of the keychain? I was thinking I could grind the loop off the one end and use it in a shadowbox display.

flatout
05-02-2013, 07:55 PM
I do like my statue, I would agree with criticism that it is overpriced though. The big problem is the shiny finish, I bet a little sandpaper and a light wash with a darker gray paint would really make it nice.
How soft is the metal of the keychain? I was thinking I could grind the loop off the one end and use it in a shadowbox display.

To each his own on the statue... I just didn't like the weathered stone look they gave it.

The keychain is simply cast metal so it would be very easy to cut the loop off... and like I said it actually is really nice and the logo itself is about 3 inches or so.

rasmusvn
05-02-2013, 10:22 PM
So, I guess this might be interesting although it doesn't get more vague/uncertain than this.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/rasmusvn/Forum/Misc/Vigor.png (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/rasmusvn/media/Forum/Misc/Vigor.png.html)

SwiftDeath
05-02-2013, 10:27 PM
So, I guess this might be interesting although it doesn't get more vague/uncertain than this.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/rasmusvn/Forum/Misc/Vigor.png (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/rasmusvn/media/Forum/Misc/Vigor.png.html)

Hmm well the original batch are numbered so curious what they would do in a second batch

Perhaps make a game accurate bottle?

rasmusvn
05-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Hmm well the original batch are numbered so curious what they would do in a second batch

Perhaps make a game accurate bottle?

Well, thers's more than one vigor :)

SwiftDeath
05-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, thers's more than one vigor :)

That'd be cool but it's been a while since irrational store has been creative with their releases so not that hopeful

flatout
05-02-2013, 10:39 PM
They mean another vigor bottle not MOC (as Rasmus pointed out)...

SwiftDeath
05-02-2013, 10:45 PM
They mean another vigor bottle not MOC (as Rasmus pointed out)...

Considering the bioshock market right now I imagine that will sell out quick as resellers are watching irrational store like a hawk now

flatout
05-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Considering the bioshock market right now I imagine that will sell out quick as resellers are watching irrational store like a hawk now

Well the market is starting to settle some and will continue to settle in the following weeks. But unfortunately that will not stop people watching like a hawk to buy all they can.

SwiftDeath
05-02-2013, 11:05 PM
Well the market is starting to settle some and will continue to settle in the following weeks. But unforgettably that will not stop people watching like a hawk to buy all they can.

Yes market is certainly moving back to more normal prices so we'll have to wait and see what happens I guess

Mancoon
05-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm hoping the 2kstore will honor what they told me during the cancelation of my signed mind in revolt book. Which was they were seriously going to consider putting a limit on rare pieces in the future, that doesn't mean they will but would eliminate resellers and give collectors a chance, there's a guy on ebay now who I belive has 8 of the irrational years prints all in one photo for sale, he's trying to scalp on that piece even though it's still for sale and not as rare.

MortalMonday
05-07-2013, 03:59 AM
New item up for pre-order: Songbird plushie (https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-SBPLUSH&vSKU=2K-INF-SBPLUSH&utm_source=ig&utm_medium=twitterken&utm_campaign=plush)

Mancoon
05-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Yeah I saw that earlier mortal . I think it's cool they released this, I had a really strong feeling they would release this since they released every object from the truth vs fiction commercials except the song bird plush. I hope it will be limited to some extent they have a long time to take pre orders so I doubt they will, but I also thought they would be printing many printing of the mind in revolt book and I was wrong. I pre ordered the plushie, I love the look of it. What do you all think?

bazzaffc
05-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Yeah I saw that earlier mortal . I think it's cool they released this, I had a really strong feeling they would release this since they released every object from the truth vs fiction commercials except the song bird plush. I hope it will be limited to some extent they have a long time to take pre orders so I doubt they will, but I also thought they would be printing many printing of the mind in revolt book and I was wrong. I pre ordered the plushie, I love the look of it. What do you all think?

Yer I think that Irrational like to make things very limited, like you say the un signed mind in revolt book didn't say it was limited on the site at all but think I read on here it was fairly low print maybe 200 odd but that's a guess as cant remember.

Hopefully they don't make thousands but hey you never know I guess.

Just tried to pre order but wouldn't let me, anyone know if its an issue with the site?

CanisCanemEdit
05-10-2013, 01:24 AM
I don't know if it's just the quick glance, but that plushie looks kind of ugly to me.

LegendaryChopChop
05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
I don't know if it's just the quick glance, but that plushie looks kind of ugly to me.

It is pretty ugly. It could have benefited greatly by being the same color as the actual Songbird, especially from the plushie in the game. Here's a pic (http://i.imgur.com/J0OTMyw.jpg).

MortalMonday
05-10-2013, 06:02 PM
I think I'm gonna pass on the plushie as well. It's just not doin' it for me.

King Peter
05-27-2013, 11:09 PM
A castlevania whip first edition :D

blingaling
07-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Daisy Fitzroy canvas print
Signed: https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-DAISYSIG-POS&vSKU=2K-BS-DAISYSIG-POS

Unsigned: https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-DAISY-POS&vSKU=2K-BS-DAISY-POS

Looks like a direct pull from in-game assets. Not the greatest thing, kind of pricey, but here's another chance for an official Levine signed item.

blingaling
07-09-2013, 02:38 AM
I also happened to notice the Bucking Bronco screenprint poster, limited to 300 copies... now an unnumbered open edition. This is a deadly sin in the world of art prints. Even Treehouse won't break their edition numbers (no offense to Treehouse)

amb6883
07-09-2013, 03:26 AM
If you are going to have a open and limited edition of the same image they should be at the very least a different size. Putting irrational on my do not buy list. :nono:

MortalMonday
07-09-2013, 03:31 AM
That is total bullshit if true.

tsquared44
07-09-2013, 03:31 AM
The Fitzroy edition is cool. Atlthough I didn't find her character very intriuging, I heard the doc might have a short story of daisy and the vox. That might make this piece jumpin. Il take a gamble

flatout
07-09-2013, 03:36 AM
That is total bullshit if true.

I agree... I was happy when I sold the one I got.

Don't get me wrong, the Bucking Bronco was one of my favorite lithos but it was too big (it was also my favorite vigor by far).

MortalMonday
07-09-2013, 07:32 AM
Ubiworkshop did something similar too. They had some merch that was supposedly going to be on sale for only a limited time. Well now those items are on sale pretty much at all times. I can't believe they did that.

SwiftDeath
07-09-2013, 07:38 AM
Ubiworkshop did something similar too. They had some merch that was supposedly going to be on sale for only a limited time. Well now those items are on sale pretty much at all times. I can't believe they did that.

Problem is once they do it once, How can I ever trust they won't do it again?

Furthermore if they didn't get a massive backlash they'll think they can get away with it whenever they want

At least that's how I feel about that sort of thing

bazzaffc
07-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I also happened to notice the Bucking Bronco screenprint poster, limited to 300 copies... now an unnumbered open edition. This is a deadly sin in the world of art prints. Even Treehouse won't break their edition numbers (no offense to Treehouse)

Now that is a shame if true don't see how they can do that, it's not really fair on the people that have bought the limited edition version.

Not sure if I'm tempted by the new print or not I think they could release something better?
What do others think?

amb6883
07-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Now that is a shame if true don't see how they can do that, it's not really fair on the people that have bought the limited edition version.

Not sure if I'm tempted by the new print or not I think they could release something better?
What do others think?

It is not a limited edition print. It is an open edition they are charging $100.00 to have signed. Also, being a canvas print they should at the very least have it stretched and mounted for that price.

This is just a shady cash grab by Irrational to get money from the uninformed. Ken Levine can stick it up his ass.

CanisCanemEdit
07-09-2013, 03:58 PM
It is not a limited edition print. It is an open edition they charging $100.00 to have signed. Also, being a canvas print they should at the very least have it stretched and mounted for that price.

This is just a shady cash grab by Irrational to get money from the uniformed. Ken Levine can stick it up his ass.

That's the problem with these sort of things. You never know what is going to be an actual limited run. They're just trying to milk as much as they can from their cash cow. Take-two Interactive isn't doing so hot financially, so they'll get money wherever they can. Yes, Bioshock Infinite did very well, but their budget for the game was astronomical so profit margin is tiny.

I don't really like lithographs and one that is expensive just because of a signature is not that impressive if it's being used in this fashion.

blingaling
07-09-2013, 04:02 PM
It is not a limited edition print. It is an open edition they charging $100.00 to have signed. Also, being a canvas print they should at the very least have it stretched and mounted for that price.

This is just a shady cash grab by Irrational to get money from the uniformed. Ken Levine can stick it up his ass.

I already ordered a signed Fitzroy... and am already suffering buyer's remorse.
The more I look at it the more I agree with amb: cash grab city :mad:

tsquared44
07-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I dont really get what you guys are talking about. A baseball that is rare is a baseball that is rare. The same baseball that is signed by babe ruth is another story. Unless im missing something, Ken levine only signed 100 Fitzroy copies no?, who cares if there are others flying around unsigned, its a completely different piece in my eyes. If the "limited to 100 copies is bolsh** and there going to pop out another limited set to 300 then i would understand the remorse.

Mike1888
07-09-2013, 08:53 PM
I dont really get what you guys are talking about. A baseball that is rare is a baseball that is rare. The same baseball that is signed by babe ruth is another story. Unless im missing something, Ken levine only signed 100 Fitzroy copies no?, who cares if there are others flying around unsigned, its a completely different piece in my eyes. If the "limited to 100 copies is bolsh** and there going to pop out another limited set to 300 then i would understand the remorse.

Its different because this is being sold at retail. The idea is you sign something as a bonus, not so you can add $100 to the price. It would be like if at all of Kojima's signing events he charged $50 per signature.

Obviously this will be a much rarer and more sought after piece than the regular version, but if you can't see how this is a cash grab then I don't know what to say.

amb6883
07-09-2013, 08:59 PM
$10,000.00 cash grab.

If they are going to charge that much at least make it a limited edition. I doubt they are running out of images they could have used for a different open edition.

SwiftDeath
07-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Screams laziness to me personally

Make it a limited edition not an added value by means of signature alone

Seriously what has ken levine not signed

Kojima at least has good intentions

Ken just seems to like to sell his signature

blingaling
07-09-2013, 09:16 PM

The "limited edition" discussion here is revolving around the Bronco print, not the Fitzroy. You cannot sell something as a limited edition then again as an open edition.

We all understand this new Fitzroy print is an open edition with a limited autographed series, just like the litho trio, and has not been billed as anything else. My problem with the Fitzroy is it looks like a crappy product, and an extra $100 for the signature sure does feel like a cash grab to me, especially after I've already shelled out for the lithos and the book.

amb6883
07-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Just reread the thread and that is even worse. Is there any difference between the open and limited edition Bronco? Is it really a screen print?

Clusks
07-09-2013, 09:30 PM
$150 is a lot considering they did the three lithographs signed for about this price (if I remember correctly).

I heard the Bioshock Infinite budget was a big, but... ;)

blingaling
07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Just reread the thread and that is even worse. Is there any difference between the open and limited edition Bronco? Is it really a screen print?

No difference at all. They just reprinted after their 300 "limited edition" screenprints were gone. As far as I can tell they are exactly the same, just not numbered anymore.

Madigan
07-10-2013, 12:56 AM
After the Mind in Revolt crap, they can do whatever they want. It's our own fault for buying every signed shit no matter the cost.

Boinkzoink
07-10-2013, 02:12 AM
Couldn't resist and purchased the signed Fitzroy edition for myself and a friend while I was on the train to work.. Haha.. Feeling mixed feelings after reading some comments here, but ultimately I do feel glad to be able to get it before the prices bloat on Ebay.

amb6883
07-10-2013, 02:35 AM
If you really want the signed edition you will be able to get it cheaper on ebay down the road.

tsquared44
07-10-2013, 09:54 AM
If you really want the signed edition you will be able to get it cheaper on ebay down the road.

With bioshock infinite memorabilia on the high, i doubt you will find it cheaper. The trio lithograph pack that was sold for 150 on irrational is now around 600 dollars. Some mass effect lithos go in that same boat as well.....if you can find them.

amb6883
07-10-2013, 03:48 PM
You might be right. I do not collect Bioshock and the value isn't really there for me and I am of the mindset that if you are going to do a signed limited edition it should not be the exact same as the unsigned open edition and will never buy it. I will probably never understand the people that pay ridiculous amounts of money for them.

At least the mass effect lithos are actual limited editions.

v1sav1s
07-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Wowhoa! The Daisy poster is so beautiful!

Sad news for the Bronco poster. Glad I didn't get one (although it was for different reasons back then). Before you know it they'll probably reproduce all the other limited items: crows, skyhook boxes, press kits, etc.

MortalMonday
07-12-2013, 11:42 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, I guess I'm part of the problem; I picked up a signed copy and it came yesterday. It's quite a lovely canvas print actually. The quality just feels very good.

Those bastards packed it very poorly; it was mailed flat and packed in a flimsy oversize shipping container with virtually no padding. It rattled around in the flat shipping container and the container arrived horribly bent; but the print luckily didn't get damaged. Had the piece been printed on paper, surely it would have arrived horribly damaged. No envelope for the CoA this time either.

Here are some pics of mine.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03655.jpg

Edition number written on the back of the canvas art. Would've preferred the number on the front, but what're ya gonna do.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/555-1.jpg

bazzaffc
07-12-2013, 11:45 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, I guess I'm part of the problem; I picked up a signed copy and it came yesterday. It's quite a lovely canvas print actually. The quality just feels very good.

Those bastards packed it very poorly; it was mailed flat and packed in a flimsy oversize shipping container with virtually no padding. It rattled around in the flat shipping container and the container arrived horribly bent; but the print luckily didn't get damaged. Had the piece been printed on paper, surely it would have arrived horribly damaged. No envelope for the CoA this time either.

Here are some pics of mine.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC03655.jpg

Edition number written on the back of the canvas art. Would've preferred the number on the front, but what're ya gonna do.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/555-1.jpg

Does look nice just can't help thinking there are much better posters/pictures etc from in game they could have reproduced?

Well done for getting one though and glad it wasn't damaged!

amb6883
07-12-2013, 03:28 PM
At least it comes with a limited edition certificate of authenticity!

CheapAssassin
07-12-2013, 08:36 PM
It looks really nice! The color is just awesome. Can't wait mine to arrive... hope it arrives in one piece. Zz.

v1sav1s
07-12-2013, 09:54 PM
This is going to be a ridiculous question but what kinda pen/marker do they use to sign it? Any chance that it'll fade?

blingaling
07-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Mine just arrived. #12. Also not packed very well, but the material seems impervious to most kinds of damage.
I'm not entirely sure how to frame this thing..
Anyone have ideas? I was thinking just a dry mount in a float frame. I might actually distress the edges first.

blingaling
07-12-2013, 09:57 PM
This is going to be a ridiculous question but what kinda pen/marker do they use to sign it? Any chance that it'll fade?

Looks like sharpie to me

amb6883
07-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Looks like sharpie to me

If it is a sharpie it will fade and yellow..... Please don't dry mount it.

MortalMonday
07-12-2013, 10:25 PM

From what I understand, every signature will fade over time. Pencil supposedly fades super slowly.

amb6883
07-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Pencil does not fade but can smear. It also can not be reproduced/faked and inks can. At least that is what I've been told.

MortalMonday
07-12-2013, 10:47 PM
right.

Treehouse_Ryan
07-13-2013, 01:19 AM
I just got out-voted internally about using pencil to number giclees because some other folks here were worried about people erasing their number and re-doing it themselves....

blingaling
07-13-2013, 01:30 AM
If it is a sharpie it will fade and yellow..... Please don't dry mount it.
Pencil does not fade but can smear. It also can not be reproduced/faked and inks can. At least that is what I've been told.
I know I know, drymount=badbadbad. I don't think any of the materials coming out of the Irrational store are even close to archival, I'm not worrying about the signature degrading before the whole piece does.
Of course having said that I did put the whole signed litho trio under museum glass at considerable expense :secret:

I just got out-voted internally about using pencil to number giclees because some other folks here were worried about people erasing their number and re-doing it themselves....
You guys would be the only ones worried about that. Anyone can fake anything with enough effort. Low numbers really don't have an effect on value, I would ask them all to reconsider. Better to stick with pencil, the way all the other professional printers do.

MortalMonday
07-13-2013, 01:35 AM

Pencil would be best indeed on the giclees. I noticed you all put stickers on the back of the giclees too. Can that damage the prints?

Madigan
07-13-2013, 01:43 AM

Include a COA with it?

tsquared44
07-13-2013, 06:13 AM
Yes it does come with an irrational type COF. I just received mine today however and am amazed with the quality of the print. Its on some type of scroll paper which adds a nice unique feel to the whole thing. Great piece, happy purchase

Boinkzoink
07-15-2013, 04:46 PM
Mine just arrived today! Received #07, and I am really happy with the overall quality and the unique texture!

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/Boinkzoink/Bioshock%20Collection/IMG_5936_zpsab26d219.jpg

Here's hoping that the quality of the Songbird plush can match up with this piece.

flatout
07-15-2013, 10:43 PM
So this might not be new again but the Mind in Revolts are back in stock... they just plain lied about that one.

Clusks
07-16-2013, 08:38 AM
So this might not be new again but the Mind in Revolts are back in stock... they just plain lied about that one.

Out of curiosity, were the original Mind in Revolt books numbered?

MortalMonday
07-16-2013, 08:46 AM
They sold 15 signed copies which were signed. That's it though; no other copies were signed. They never said that it was a limited edition item, to the best of my knowledge. However, they did say that they were not anticipating more stock once the first batch sold out.

I think they're on batch 3 now.

asiak75
07-16-2013, 10:58 AM

Wouldn't it be better if the person that writes down the number signs beside it?
The number does not necessary need to be shown in front of the print. I actually would prefer if there is no number visible at all.
Ideally a sort of authenticity stamp in the back with the name and brand selling the print and the print number. Simples...

flatout
07-16-2013, 11:45 AM
Out of curiosity, were the original Mind in Revolt books numbered?

No but on the first batch we a few of us asked how many there were and if they would be making more because they were asking so much for the un-signed version. They said they had 40 in stock originally and they would not get more...

Then I found out from a source that these were sent out to gaming news outlets. And now they have made 3 batches so far on top of that like Mortal pointed out.

Personally I didn't like the book but it still makes me feel bad for the people who may have paid outrageous prices under Irrational's guise of it being rare.

blingaling
07-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I think it's safe to assume nothing is or ever will be a limited edition from the Irrational store other than the signed runs. Honestly I'm ok with that as long as they are up-front about it, which they pretty much have been (with the GLARING exception of the Bronco screenprint).
Even those stupid little books were never officially called a limited release.

I think in the future I won't be in such a rush to buy, and I think I've had my fill of very expensive signatures. I still love Bioshock though, and I'm still glad we can get nice merch out of the franchise.

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Has anyone heard of problems with the Daisy Fitzroy Prints?

Specifically that some came with the wrong COAs?

I.E. number on back of print is not the same as number on COA?

amb6883
07-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Has anyone heard of problems with the Daisy Fitzroy Prints?

Specifically that some came with the wrong COAs?

I.E. number on back of print is not the same as number on COA?

That's pretty funny if true.

SwiftDeath
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
That's pretty funny if true.

lol I suppose looking from the outside at it, yes

But if you bought one and got the wrong COA

I imagine that sucks a lot

amb6883
07-17-2013, 04:27 PM
lol I suppose looking from the outside at it, yes

But if you bought one and got the wrong COA

I imagine that sucks a lot

They should refund the purchase. The certificate is they only thing that makes it worth anything more than the open edition.

I just checked Ebay and someone is trying to sell theirs with mismatched numbers. $999.99 or OBO... good luck!

blingaling
07-17-2013, 07:22 PM

I guess I need to take this back as Treehouse has now reprinted "The Team" litho in a new unsigned unnumbered edition.

:facepalm:

amb6883
07-17-2013, 07:41 PM
The Team Litho on Treehouse now is the open edition that is 18 x 24, and is not new, they just brought it back. The original signed limited edition was 39.5 x 22 with a silver N7 foil.

blingaling
07-17-2013, 08:56 PM
The Team Litho on Treehouse now is the open edition that is 18 x 24, and is not new, they just brought it back. The original signed limited edition was 39.5 x 22 with a silver N7 foil.

That's my point... it's a reprint of a limited item. Which devalues the original I think, even though it's smaller.

rasmusvn
07-17-2013, 08:59 PM
That's my point... it's a reprint of a limited item. Which devalues the original I think, even though it's smaller.

There have been several mini-lithos too.

blingaling
07-17-2013, 09:27 PM
There have been several mini-lithos too.

Hahaha ok I give up :ok:

Madigan
07-17-2013, 09:31 PM
It doesn't devalue the original. It's like saying a Collector's edition is worth less because the publisher printed the same game in a standard plastic case.

You have limited editions and open editions just like videogames. That's how I see it.

amb6883
07-17-2013, 09:39 PM
It is not a reprint of the limited edition. It does devalue the limited edition, sure, but they are not the same. More of a variant open edition of the image kind of like the C&B giclee's.

From what I can tell the Bronco screen print and Trio lithographs sold buy irrational are the exact same as the open editions (size, print technique, image, ect..) except they are signed and numbered. That's not limited. That's just a signed print.

King Peter
07-17-2013, 09:46 PM
I found a jewel at my EB games store today. I manage to get a Portal Gun by NECA limited at 5000 copies. Big box but never though finding that now while the game was out awhile ago :P

imironmann
07-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Pencil would be best indeed on the giclees. I noticed you all put stickers on the back of the giclees too. Can that damage the prints?

I know that most stickers, even tape, contain Chloride. Chloride is very detrimental to various types of metals causing pitting corrosion including stainless steels and high-alloyed materials. Can't be good to have it on works of art. Chloride is in the acid family.

MortalMonday
07-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Now you got me all paranoid. I still haven't taken the stickers off.

v1sav1s
07-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Aren't giclees usually acid resistant or something like that?

amb6883
07-18-2013, 02:52 PM

No.

blingaling
07-18-2013, 06:52 PM

Oh my, where might have you have gotten that idea? There are a vast array of different quality of papers and inks which affect the durability/longevity of a print, but the only thing I can think of that would make paper resistant to acid is a gloss coating.

Maarten Brands
07-19-2013, 08:31 PM
Giclees aren't naturally acid resistant and most labels/stickers contain chloride or other.

I didn't read the whole thread but if you're talking about C&B stuff...

Our labels/stickers are all archival quality and therefore contain no acids whatsoever. These labels you can safely stick on the back of your giclee or print.

v1sav1s
07-20-2013, 04:15 AM
Sorry guys just a horrible guess. I keep reading "archival" and "meuseum" and "acid-free" so I figured it must mean the giclees are impervious to most damage or something. :P :scratch::haha:

blingaling
07-22-2013, 07:02 PM
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-POSSESS-POS&vSKU=2K-BS-POSSESS-POS

Possesion litho. Not numbered, not limited, affordable price. I think we finally have a winner!

flatout
07-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Good catch bling... just was coming to post that.

blingaling
07-24-2013, 05:30 PM
Good catch bling... just was coming to post that.

POW! I'm fast! :1:

Actually, I check the store less and less now that I know there really won't be any more true limited items.

Having said that I'm sure I'll miss the next vigor bottle or something else I'd absolutely love to have due to my newfound cynicism.

Clusks
07-24-2013, 06:28 PM
Maybe they should make less merch and get a good start on that DLC they've promised us :thumb:

flatout
07-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Signed Falling LE (250) Litho:

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-FALLINGSIG&vSKU=2K-BS-FALLINGSIG

Maybe they should make less merch and get a good start on that DLC they've promised us :thumb:

Well the Dev team are not the ones doing the merch... so that would not help any, expect for Ken signing a bunch of lithos but still he is not needed 24/7.

amb6883
07-26-2013, 02:29 PM

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-FALLINGSIG&vSKU=2K-BS-FALLINGSIG

$100.00 :suicide: At least his signature is only $85.00 this time.

blingaling
07-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah... I'm officially not buying anything else from this store. And I think my signed Fitzroy is going up for sale. Or maybe I'll do a giveaway too.

rasmusvn
07-26-2013, 02:43 PM
So it's like what happened with the ME-lithos.

Just the other way around.

Boinkzoink
07-26-2013, 02:48 PM

Phew, I'm glad I don't need this one. Already owned C&B's "Falling" which I feel looks much better..

flatout
07-26-2013, 02:53 PM

Phew, I'm glad I don't need this one. Already owned C&B's "Falling" which I feel looks much better..

It is the same picture is it not?

Or was the other one printed in a different way like that Giclee (I do not even know what the heck that is really... I only know what the description of them tells me... lol).

But yeah Irrational (really it is 2K's/Take Two's marketing team) is going overboard.

toxicatom5
07-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Agree. This is a run away train now. Ken will sign anything apparently, and the quality of the pieces is in no way proportionate to the price -- particularly when you compare this Falling Poster with the C&B piece (which is also signed btw). In fact, I think the quality is going down with each new limited edition item, but the same is certainly not true about the prices. Ridiculous.

SwiftDeath
07-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Wow a signed poster for sale

They're not even bother calling it a lithograph

Awesome

God I wonder what they're profit for this year is going to be

Imagine someone's getting a nice bonus out of all this

blingaling
07-26-2013, 04:45 PM
It is the same picture is it not?

Or was the other one printed in a different way like that Giclee (I do not even know what the heck that is really... I only know what the description of them tells me... lol).

But yeah Irrational (really it is 2K's/Take Two's marketing team) is going overboard.
It's a portion of the same picture used in C&B's giclee. (GEE-CLAY it took me forever to start saying it correctly.)
Most posters are printed from plates with 4 colors, generally "lithograph" means the same thing as "poster".
Of course, giclee and lithographs are just labels. Quality varies wildly by manufacturer.

bazzaffc
07-26-2013, 06:48 PM

Nice but know where near as nice as my C&B falling!!

So I'm more than happy!

flatout
07-27-2013, 12:24 AM
I just noticed that the regular unsigned one is $15... that is $85 for a LE Sig.

toxicatom5
07-27-2013, 12:34 AM
Pricing has just become totally... irrational (bad pun, I know). Like Swift said, it's just a POSTER. Not a giclee or even a lithograph (which, let's be honest are just posters on heavy duty, easily creased card stock). And Ken's sig is not worth $85.00,particularly now that we know how common it is for him to sign items now.

Madigan
07-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Yeah, his signature is becoming less valuable and unique, same thing happen with voice actors when they go to conventions to sign stuff.

blingaling
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
So I figured I would try to bring the general Irrational Games store general discussion back to it's original home with a possibly inflammatory post.
These are just my (unprofessional) opinions. I welcome dissenting thoughts and am looking forward to discussing some issues with you all :cpatch:

Signed Editions:
Having things signed by Ken is nice, but having older signed items (litho trio/fitzroy book) also including signatures by artists and writers was much nicer. The markup is all over the place too.

Just looking at the in-stock items-
Devil's Kiss Bottle: unsigned 350, signed 600. 71% markup.
Fitzroy canvas print: unsigned 50, signed 150. 200% markup.
"Falling" poster: unsigned 15, signed 100. 566% markup.

It seems completely arbitrary and makes no sense. Between just these 3 items that's 400 signed items. Rare? Nope. Still collectible? I guess that's up to us, the collectors to decide.

I personally would not ever again pay extra to have something signed by him. A signed edition of an open edition item feels like a cash grab. You want to reward loyal collectors? Throw some randomly signed objects into inventory. Or just don't charge extra for the first 50 or 100 you sell that just happen to be signed. And don't advertise it.

"First Edition" vs. "Open Edition"
Calling something a first edition with a possibility of more if demand calls for it is BS. I don't care about dollar value appreciation. I don't care if subsequent editions are unnumbered. Leaving yourself an easy out like that is unfair to early purchasers who will just never know what they've bought.

Open editions are fine, as long as there is full disclosure. I would never not buy something because it was open and not limited. For something high priced like the Devil's Kiss it makes a big difference though, especially if you lack unlimited funds and need to prioritize your purchases. It's a heckuva burn to miss something this month because you thought you had to get in quickly on something that will still be available next year.

Resellers/Secondary market:
It happens deal with it. In the art world, the toy world, or anything people collect: %10 of anything go to resellers, and they will scalp you if you let them. If it burns you that bad: Don't buy. Learn to live with things you missed out on. Be a grown-up. Pretty please.

On the other hand, for high demand items, one per household is a good policy if you are a retailer who cares about curtailing resellers. You can't stop it, but you can give fans a better chance.

Current pricing on the signed edition items will undoubtedly burn resellers purchasing multiples, but it also burns everyone who just loves Ken and wants something signed by him. Have you seen the bay lately? Stuff's not moving.

So there's my 2 cents. Be gentle on me :surrender:

flatout
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
I agree with everything you said... although I think some people wont.

Crimson_Dragon92
08-09-2013, 06:24 PM
So I figured I would try to bring the general Irrational Games store general discussion back to it's original home with a possibly inflammatory post.
These are just my (unprofessional) opinions. I welcome dissenting thoughts and am looking forward to discussing some issues with you all :cpatch:

Signed Editions:
Having things signed by Ken is nice, but older signed items (litho trio/fitzroy book) also included signatures by artists and writers was much nicer. The markup is all over the place too.

It seems completely arbitrary and makes no sense. Between just these 3 items that's 400 signed items. Rare? Nope. Still collectible? I guess that's up to us, the collectors to decide.

I personally would not ever again pay extra to have something signed by him. A signed edition of an open edition item feels like a cash grab. You want to reward loyal collectors? Throw some randomly signed objects into inventory. Or just don't charge extra for the first 50 or 100 you sell that just happen to be signed. And don't advertise it.

Calling something a first edition with a possibility of more if demand calls for it is BS. I don't care about dollar value appreciation. I don't care if subsequent editions are unnumbered. Leaving yourself an easy out like that is unfair to early purchasers who will just never know what they've bought.

Open editions are fine, as long as there is full disclosure. I would never not buy something because it was open and not limited. For something high priced like the Devil's Kiss it makes a big difference though, especially if you lack unlimited funds and need to prioritize your purchases. It's a heckuva burn to miss something this month because you thought you had to get in quickly on something that will still be available next year.

It happens deal with it. In the art world, the toy world, or anything people collect: %10 of anything go to resellers, and they will scalp you if you let them. If it burns you that bad: Don't buy. Learn to live with things you missed out on. Be a grown-up. Pretty please.

On the other hand, for high demand items, one per household is a good policy if you are a retailer who cares about curtailing resellers. You can't stop it, but you can give fans a better chance.

Current pricing on the signed edition items will undoubtedly burn resellers purchasing multiples, but it also burns everyone who just loves Ken and wants something signed by him. Have you seen the bay lately? Stuff's not moving.

So there's my 2?. Be gentle on me :surrender:

100% agree

Boinkzoink
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM

Signed Editions:
Having things signed by Ken is nice, but older signed items (litho trio/fitzroy book) also included signatures by artists and writers was much nicer. The markup is all over the place too.

So there's my 2?. Be gentle on me :surrender:

Spot-on! :clap:

OneLetter
08-09-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback. As I stated in the other thread, I'm not going to comment on pricing, but I do appreciate you taking the time to discuss your feelings, and it'll certainly be brought up with the team here.

blingaling
08-09-2013, 11:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback. As I stated in the other thread, I'm not going to comment on pricing, but I do appreciate you taking the time to discuss your feelings, and it'll certainly be brought up with the team here.

No problem, thanks for your time and consideration.

I'd also like to add a second vote for a vinyl soundtrack for Infinite :thumb:

misterunboxers
08-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Signed Editions:
Having things signed by Ken is nice, but having older signed items (litho trio/fitzroy book) also including signatures by artists and writers was much nicer. The markup is all over the place too.

So there's my 2 cents. Be gentle on me :surrender:

Agreed.

ingmar1988
08-11-2013, 02:32 PM
No problem, thanks for your time and consideration.

I'd also like to add a second vote for a vinyl soundtrack for Infinite :thumb:

vinyl soundtrack would be awesome :D

Also, i would really love if you guys did more giclee, instead of poster or lithograph. Much better quality!

amb6883
08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Any word on when the description on the Bronco print is going to be updated?

ZeeAussie
08-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Might as well post my annoyance in this thread since it's related.

I purchase the "Falling" poster for my nephew for his birthday coming up as he is a massive Bioshock fan along with Assassin's Creed anyway back to the story.

I was really dissapointed to recieve the poster in the condition that was delivered to my address. Flat pack for a poster is like a no no for me and I'm not too sure why Irrational Games didn't use cylinder tubes for shipping!!!

Why am I complaining? Well using a flat pack for a poster with edging support doesn't do justice to the poster being sent in the mail, especially when delivering it to Australia and I'm sure there will be a bit of wear and tear in the process due to the handling of the postal workers in the countries of USA and Australia.

Now it's probably not the postal workers fault for doing their job, but surely Irrational Games need to understand by delivering a poster, especially one that is signed and cost $140 for it to be delivered to myself to give to my nephew for his birthday could do with a cylinder tube for deliverly considering how much I paid for the thing to protect what it's for.

Now I've e-mail their support last week (Tuesday and got a ticket number) and yet to hear anything on the subject, pretty piss poor in my opinon and at the time of this type up I'll probably never purchase another thing from them until this gets sorted. Not holding my breath as it's probably $140 down the drain for me for something I was going to give my nephew for his birthday.

I've posted some pics of the condition and was wondering what you guys think? Am I over reacting?

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ZeeAussie/Misc/TopRightCorner_zps6a81e7d9.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/ZeeAussie/media/Misc/TopRightCorner_zps6a81e7d9.jpg.html)

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ZeeAussie/Misc/BottomLeftCorner_zps27839be1.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/ZeeAussie/media/Misc/BottomLeftCorner_zps27839be1.jpg.html)

flatout
08-12-2013, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear this happened.

Honestly I prefer the flat shipping but that is me (I simply hate rolled lithos and posters).

Funny thing is Irrational could easily solve this but putting the post in wax paper then tapeing that to an oversize piece of cardboard before putting it in the flat box.

This might sound like a lot but for the profit margin they get one these it is very little to ask.

ingmar1988
08-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Flat shipping is bad idea, when shipped all over the world. I prefer a tube always.

OneLetter
08-12-2013, 03:33 PM
Now I've e-mail their support last week (Tuesday and got a ticket number) and yet to hear anything on the subject, pretty piss poor in my opinon and at the time of this type up I'll probably never purchase another thing from them until this gets sorted. Not holding my breath as it's probably $140 down the drain for me for something I was going to give my nephew for his birthday.

Ugh, I hate seeing those pictures. No money is lost though, so please don't feel that way. Obviously, we'll make this right and I'm sorry to see that the poster arrived in that condition. If you could PM me your support ticket number and your original order number, I'll make sure someone gets back to you soon from the claims section so the process can begin.

I should point out we're looking into new methods of shipping posters / prints. Some will still be in tubes, some will be flat packed (it depends on the stock, since you don't want to put a thick stock into a tube), but if it is flat packed, it'll hopefully be sandwiched by chip/cardboard.

Again, I apologize about the quality of the poster you received, but we'll make it right.

amb6883
08-12-2013, 04:59 PM
You can pack thick stock paper in a tube. Most people just do not take the time to do it correctly.

Flat shipping can work, but I have had a lot more issues with prints being damaged from mishandling. Definitely prefer tubes, especially for anything over 11 x 14.

SwiftDeath
08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
In my limited experience it goes something like this

If packed correctly, flat shipping is usually better

BUT

the chances of something being packed correctly Flat vs rolled is much lower

Hence tubes are preferred as packing it correctly flat usually isn't cost-effective

MortalMonday
08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
If you pack flat, then you have to use either very solid boards like Masonite, or- if you're sticking with cardboard sheets- then you have to use many layers of cardboard sheets. Corrugated cardboard can be quite strong and resistant to bending, but only when you stack layer upon layer of the stuff. 6 sheets is what I usually use when I pack prints flat. Also have to make sure to use cardboard sheets that are bigger than the print on all sides by at least an inch and a half on each and every side. The print should also be centered on the cardboard sheet and taped down, so as to prevent it from rattling around. Of course, you want to first wrap the print in something like a sheet of plastic or craft paper, then put the tape on the wrapped print, not on the print itself.

OneLetter
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Please note that we (IG) will not personally be hand packing these posters. They'd all be done by the company that prints them up, and they certainly know the best methods for packing / shipping.

All I'm doing here is letting you guys know that we'll be improving this for the future, since I can't stand seeing damaged goods. Take note that if it does get damaged, we'll always be sure to cover it (as long as we can). :)

flatout
08-12-2013, 08:21 PM
I can definitely see why international flat is a bad idea... and actually flat through UPS is a terrible idea really as well, they are very hard on items from what I have seen.

I still think flat can be safe if done correctly. But it takes time and effort, more time then rolling and throwing in a tube. Tubes are good though becasue they are sturdy, but they come with their own issues, like lithos catching on the way into the tube... or space in the tube so the lithos can bounce up and down. Also shipping costs are much higher due to tubes weighing so much.

In my limited experience it goes something like this

If packed correctly, flat shipping is usually better

BUT

the chances of something being packed correctly Flat vs rolled is much lower

Hence tubes are preferred as packing it correctly flat usually isn't cost-effective

I agree with everything bu cost. If the flat is not considered oversize then it would cost less to send then a heavy poster tube. The weight of poster tubes far exceed the extra weight needed to make flat safe IMO... this is just my experience.

SwiftDeath
08-12-2013, 08:25 PM
I can definitely see why international flat is a bad idea... and actually flat through UPS is a terrible idea really as well, they are very hard on items from what I have seen.

I still think flat can be safe if done correctly. But it takes time and effort, more time then rolling and throwing in a tube. Tubes are good though becasue they are sturdy, but they come with their own issues, like lithos catching on the way into the tube... or space in the tube so the lithos can bounce up and down. Also shipping costs are much higher due to tubes weighing so much.

Shipping flat correctly is far more costly than shipping tube correctly usually due to volumetric weight

Besides shipping flat correctly will often weigh similar or more to a tube

Read Mortal's post on it and imagine how much that would weigh and its size

I agree with everything bu cost. If the flat is not considered oversize then it would cost less to send then a heavy poster tube. The weight of poster tubes far exceed the extra weight needed to make flat safe IMO... this is just my experience.

Again almost all flat shipped prints are going to be oversized

18 inches by 24 inches is a standard size for prints

Adding 2 inches at least in either direction makes it very very large and almost certainly oversize

flatout
08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Shipping flat correctly is far more costly than shipping tube correctly usually due to volumetric weight

Besides shipping flat correctly will often weigh similar or more to a tube

Read Mortal's post on it and imagine how much that would weigh and its size

I was updating my last post when you posted... I disagree on that part.

Of coarse I am comparing it to the SUPER thick tubes that Treehouse uses.

A package has to be very big to be oversize... I have brought in a lot thinking it would get that rating and they were not even close. I sent bucking bronco flat and it was not even close, and Priority for it was cheap.

SwiftDeath
08-12-2013, 08:37 PM
I was updating my last post when you posted... I disagree on that part.

Of coarse I am comparing it to the SUPER thick tubes that Treehouse uses.

A package has to be very big to be oversize... I have brought in a lot thinking it would get that rating and they were not even close. I sent bucking bronco flat and it was not even close, and Priority for it was cheap.

I have been hit by the ballon/oversize restrictions at least 3 times

They ship it as if it weighs 20lbs :(

That being said the sizing appears to be length plus girth > 108" for oversize

So I think you could ship a 18x24 print flat for that correctly but I still think it would weigh more than the tube as you have to use 3 or 4 times the layers of cardboard to do it correctly

flatout
08-12-2013, 08:53 PM
I have been hit by the ballon/oversize restrictions at least 3 times

They ship it as if it weighs 20lbs :(

That being said the sizing appears to be length plus girth > 108" for oversize

So I think you could ship a 18x24 print flat for that correctly but I still think it would weigh more than the tube as you have to use 3 or 4 times the layers of cardboard to do it correctly

Never had that happen except for when shipping a HUGE truck visor through UPS.

I think girth would be depth.. correct? The flat poster box would have hardly any depth.

I still think that doing a flat correctly would not be more then a tube (might be around the same amount)... again I am comparing to the tubes used by Treehouse (not sure if you have seen these monsters and how much they weigh but it is a lot).

SwiftDeath
08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Never had that happen except for when shipping a HUGE truck visor through UPS.

I think girth would be depth.. correct? The flat poster box would have hardly any depth.

I still think that doing a flat correctly would not be more then a tube (might be around the same amount)... again I am comparing to the tubes used by Treehouse (not sure if you have seen these monsters and how much they weigh but it is a lot).

I've received plenty of the ones treehouse uses

Have 2 or 3 on hand

They are heavy but so are 6 layers of good cardboard

It's not more than a couple pounds

Honestly I think its lighter than the cardboard approach but I've never actually received any print sent flat the correct way

I got a bucking bronco print from irrational and it was shipped flat and bent at a 20 - 30 degree angle from the center

That was annoying

flatout
08-12-2013, 09:10 PM
I've received plenty of the ones treehouse uses

Have 2 or 3 on hand

They are heavy but so are 6 layers of good cardboard

It's not more than a couple pounds

Honestly I think its lighter than the cardboard approach but I've never actually received any print sent flat the correct way

I got a bucking bronco print from irrational and it was shipped flat and bent at a 20 - 30 degree angle from the center

That was annoying

Yeah I got lucky mine was fine, UPS is really hard on things.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on what would weigh more and be more expensive.

SwiftDeath
08-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Yeah I got lucky mine was fine, UPS is really hard on things.

But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on what would weigh more and be more expensive.

Sure but I would think it somewhat telling if there are no known examples of a store shipping it flat correctly

I believe C & B must for gloss prints (specially coated prints) and I know they pack them like mad

Otherwise they ship them in tubes and are generally considered the best store for this sort of thing

Of course that's just my opinion

flatout
08-12-2013, 09:17 PM
Sure but I would think it somewhat telling if there are no known examples of a store shipping it flat correctly

I believe C & B must for gloss prints (specially coated prints) and I know they pack them like mad

Otherwise they ship them in tubes and are generally considered the best store for this sort of thing

Well yes I would agree there are no known example os "stores" doing it correctly, that is different then saying there are no known examples or we haven't done it ourselves tons of times.

I base my opinion on the fact I have shipped many in poster tubes and flat. I have found that cost is actually slightly less flat even when they are done what I consider the right way (with an extra layer or 2 of cardboard on the inside). 3 Layers of cardboard are actually lighter then those really heavy tubes that treehouse uses.

amb6883
08-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Corrugated cardboard can leave an imprint and shipping flat is a pain in the ass to do it right, with a much better chance of it getting damaged the bigger the print gets.

I have plenty of extra tubes so not having to ever buy any makes it much cheaper for me to ship with a tube versus flat. With tubes all I need is some kraft paper and tape. Shipping flat I have to use foam core (or some thing similar) and a mylar sleeve making it a hell of a lot more expensive.

blingaling
08-12-2013, 10:42 PM
Odd City does flat shipping right. I've got one coming in from them this week. I know I know, I suck at producing pics when I promise pics but I'll try real hard to get some while unboxing. Problem is I get so damned excited when a package comes in I just want it opened right now haha

Boinkzoink
08-14-2013, 05:30 PM
The Songbird Plushie is now in stock on the website! Hope it will be shipped to those who had pre-ordered soon. =D

ingmar1988
08-14-2013, 05:40 PM

C&B is a somewhat other price range...

Anyways poster tube for the win....we need a poll :D

Poll: How do you want your artwork shipped?
Flat (http://poll.dezeserver.nl/vote.cgi?pid=387374&aid=1)

Poster Tube (http://poll.dezeserver.nl/vote.cgi?pid=387374&aid=2)

http://poll.dezeserver.nl/results.cgi?pid=387374&layout=1&sort=prc
Ook een poll maken? Klik hier (http://poll.dezeserver.nl/index.cgi)

blingaling
08-14-2013, 07:57 PM
The Songbird Plushie is now in stock on the website! Hope it will be shipped to those who had pre-ordered soon. =D

Yep, just confirmed on the official twitter. I got one for me to display and one for my daughter to play with destroy.

C&B is a somewhat other price range...

Anyways poster tube for the win....we need a poll :D

Flat is best if packaged correctly, but since it's rare for retailers to do so... +1 for tube!

Also, Siege of Columbia board game is now live.

blingaling
08-16-2013, 05:29 PM
From the Devil's Kiss thread:
Also is the Bucking Bronco print really a screen print (not cmyk)?

Yes, it's legit. Kind of crude by some standards, but it's a screen print.
Detail:
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/090_zpsb9498264.jpg
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/087_zpsb5bfce1c.jpg
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/ea995900-d49f-4fec-b5d7-8be42a39dc39_zpsfd46fbcf.jpg

And I should have some Songbird plushie pics soon :)

ZeeAussie
08-18-2013, 03:44 AM
Just a heads up for those who are interested, it looks like I'll get a replacement sent out to me at some stage.

Might as well post my annoyance in this thread since it's related.

I purchase the "Falling" poster for my nephew for his birthday coming up as he is a massive Bioshock fan along with Assassin's Creed anyway back to the story.

I was really dissapointed to recieve the poster in the condition that was delivered to my address. Flat pack for a poster is like a no no for me and I'm not too sure why Irrational Games didn't use cylinder tubes for shipping!!!

Why am I complaining? Well using a flat pack for a poster with edging support doesn't do justice to the poster being sent in the mail, especially when delivering it to Australia and I'm sure there will be a bit of wear and tear in the process due to the handling of the postal workers in the countries of USA and Australia.

Now it's probably not the postal workers fault for doing their job, but surely Irrational Games need to understand by delivering a poster, especially one that is signed and cost $140 for it to be delivered to myself to give to my nephew for his birthday could do with a cylinder tube for deliverly considering how much I paid for the thing to protect what it's for.

I've posted some pics of the condition and was wondering what you guys think? Am I over reacting?

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ZeeAussie/Misc/TopRightCorner_zps6a81e7d9.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/ZeeAussie/media/Misc/TopRightCorner_zps6a81e7d9.jpg.html)

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p566/ZeeAussie/Misc/BottomLeftCorner_zps27839be1.jpg (http://s1156.photobucket.com/user/ZeeAussie/media/Misc/BottomLeftCorner_zps27839be1.jpg.html)

v1sav1s
08-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Relieved to hear that! Can you keep us updated? :phew:

Clusks
08-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Just to check with everyone else, their songbird plushie didn't come in an official box with art work, right? Just the plushie?

Also, I wrote a thread about something stupid I did with 2k store:

Basically made a big error (since amended) (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13689)

I've sent a support ticket to 2k to explain, but would be very grateful if you could give me any more info, OneLetter :)

OneLetter
08-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Just to check with everyone else, their songbird plushie didn't come in an official box with art work, right? Just the plushie?

Also, I wrote a thread about something stupid I did with 2k store:

Basically made a big error (since amended) (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13689)

I've sent a support ticket to 2k to explain, but would be very grateful if you could give me any more info, OneLetter :)

For the songbird, it comes in a plastic bag, and I believe there should be two hangtags attached to it as well. There is no specialty box, and just to cover my bases, we did not advertise it as such on the store, compared to something like the Sky-Hook, where we did state it would be in custom packaging.

For your store issue, I'll go take a look at it now, then I'll PM you if I need more info.

blingaling
08-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Woohoo got my Songbird yesterday!
Honestly, it's a little smaller than I was thinking. Not really durable enough for your kiddos to play with. A little overpriced at $50, but I don't think you'll see them cheaper anywhere else.

Here are some pictures straight from my comfy chair:

He does indeed come in a plain old plastic bag.
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4522_zpsb4e8e87c.jpg

The wings wont stay unfurled without some help. Maybe some stiff wire?
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4523_zpse077426b.jpg

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4525_zpsda9d8c5c.jpg

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4526_zpsfc79a875.jpg

The Logo tag is very flimsy paper.
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4527_zpsaf8e67ee.jpg

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4528_zps5f2bae36.jpg

If you long for better packaging, do this:
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4531_zpsbde87c32.jpg

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p731/blingalingading/IMG_4529_zpsb769af90.jpg

blockbusterboy
09-13-2013, 06:15 AM
They definitely need to go to packing school. These bozos sent my Mind in Revolt in a standard and I mean standard jiffy bag. That's what I'd expect from a bad ebay seller not a purveyor of fine collectables.

OneLetter
09-13-2013, 02:15 PM
They definitely need to go to packing school. These bozos sent my Mind in Revolt in a standard and I mean standard jiffy bag. That's what I'd expect from a bad ebay seller not a purveyor of fine collectables.

Was it damaged at all in the shipping process? If it was, please PM me and let me know.

blockbusterboy
09-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Was it damaged at all in the shipping process? If it was, please PM me and let me know.

I will get back to you (PM) but to say that compared to others it would be considered microscopic but when you pay $100.00 + $30.00 shipping for 'Mind In Revolt' then microscopic becomes magnified. Then again when does it become pedantic. That's the dilemma.

ingmar1988
09-16-2013, 07:27 AM
I will get back to you (PM) but to say that compared to others it would be considered microscopic but when you pay $100.00 + $30.00 shipping for 'Mind In Revolt' then microscopic becomes magnified. Then again when does it become pedantic. That's the dilemma.

Even if it would have arrived safely, than it would just be luck. Collectibles, especially from a store that only sells those should have competent packaging.

blingaling
11-18-2013, 05:52 PM
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-COHEN&vSKU=2K-INF-COHEN

Burial at Sea framed print "Last Dance"

http://i44.tinypic.com/bjae5d.jpg

Limited to 100. Comes with signed COA.
$250!

Picture itself is 11"x14", framed to 17.75" x 20.75".

For me... too spendy for what it is. Going to have to pass on it.

OneLetter
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Ah, you beat me to the post, but thank you for posting here.

I'll have something else to show all of you soon...

bazzaffc
11-18-2013, 05:56 PM
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-COHEN&vSKU=2K-INF-COHEN

Burial at Sea framed print "Last Dance"

http://i44.tinypic.com/bjae5d.jpg

Limited to 100. Comes with signed COA.
$250!

Picture itself is 11"x14", framed to 17.75" x 20.75".

For me... too spendy for what it is. Going to have to pass on it.

Ah do actually like this would be a great item to have but what with shipping makes it pretty expensive, what with the new consoles out can't really afford it!!

Gutted!

blingaling
11-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Ah, you beat me to the post, but thank you for posting here.

I'll have something else to show all of you soon...

I'm quick like a bunny! I really do love the art but the pricetag is too high as we're approaching the holidays. I need to spend more on the family and less on myself :banghead:

IAmTheLoneWanderer
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
The signed Litho set that was already posted and they added the Limited Columbia Concept Statue and Limited Framed Boardwalk Litho:

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Category.aspx?c=Collectibles

Only 1,000 of the statues...

i want that boardwalk litho.

OneLetter
11-21-2013, 03:42 PM
While I can't reveal exactly what this is yet, I felt like everyone in this forum would like to be the first to take a guess at the next item coming soon to the Irrational Games Store...

http://irrationalgames.com/files/2013/11/NextItemComingSoon.png

More details in the near future... :)

bazzaffc
11-21-2013, 03:45 PM
While I can't reveal exactly what this is yet, I felt like everyone in this forum would like to be the first to take a guess at the next item coming soon to the Irrational Games Store...

Oooh interesting, how soon are we talking about here then?

Deathhound
11-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Mhhh, looks interesting, can't figure out what it is though

toxicatom5
11-21-2013, 04:47 PM
Undertow vigor. It's gotta be.

amb6883
11-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Undertow vigor. It's gotta be.

1st Edition of 500 @ $350.00 w/ signed edition of 100 for $1,000,000.00

blingaling
11-22-2013, 06:47 PM
I'm in for an Undertow bottle... unsigned of course... sometime in January...

kikkifax
11-22-2013, 08:41 PM

Great! :rotf:

misterunboxers
11-23-2013, 04:29 AM

As toxicatom5 said Undertow. Curious of how soon we are talking on finding out for sure though.

misterunboxers
11-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Irrational games tweeted under-what.... with the top tenticle. Now can we discuss pricing and when it will be launched?

bazzaffc
11-23-2013, 06:31 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/IrrationalGames/status/404314470404472832/photos/null

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/24/4uneby7y.jpg

toxicatom5
11-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I would expect pricing to be the same as the Devil's Kiss. Unless strategy changes due to the fact that there are still Devil's Kiss available.

OneLetter
11-25-2013, 04:44 PM

As a general heads up, we heard all the feedback from when we announced the Devil's Kiss Bottle, and this will not be a "First Edition", nor do we have any plans to roll out a "Second Edition" of the Devi's Kiss Bottle.

We'll have more details with regard to pricing / release date on the Undertow in the near future, so stay tuned.

bazzaffc
11-26-2013, 08:09 PM
not from the Irrational store but some really nice new items on sanshee.com

http://sanshee.com/blog/entry/bioshock-infinite-holiday-launch-blog

Madigan
11-26-2013, 08:17 PM
wow @ the vigor pins

http://i.minus.com/itTvfYAXbSZtv.png

http://sanshee.com/store/product/deluxe-vigor-pins

Interesting, thanks for the link.

bazzaffc
11-26-2013, 08:18 PM
wow @ the vigor pins

Looks really nice don't it, think im going to get a set!

Madigan
11-26-2013, 08:23 PM
It's the first time I see that site, really cool stuff in there. :D

Fox
11-26-2013, 11:16 PM

Are these Mass produced or is there a limited edition on these? I saw the description and didnt see anything. Anyone know?

Deathhound
11-27-2013, 07:36 AM
It's saying there are around 697 left. Sometimes it appears there

misterunboxers
12-02-2013, 02:40 AM
OneLetter is there any way to collect the same number bottle as we have gotten for the Devil's Kiss bottle? That would be great. I know that GamingHeads does it, but then again you have to register your products after getting them. So, I am going to assume no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mike1888
12-05-2013, 05:52 AM
wow @ the vigor pins

Got these and the coins today. Pretty good quality items but sub par packaging. Postcard got all bent.

OneLetter
12-06-2013, 04:55 PM
OneLetter is there any way to collect the same number bottle as we have gotten for the Devil's Kiss bottle? That would be great. I know that GamingHeads does it, but then again you have to register your products after getting them. So, I am going to assume no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I just replied via PM to another collector here regarding this same question. Unfortunately, we have no direct way of doing this via our distributor, but there is a small chance. What you could try is right after you place your order, file a support ticket at the link below with your order number, and the number you're hoping to get.

Link: http://support.2k.com/anonymous_requests/new

Having numerical requests is certainly something we're looking into for the future of the IG Store, but there's no ETA on when that may occur.

Oh, and while I'm here, all of you may want to check the IG store on Monday. **nudge nudge**

...and this.

http://irrationalgames.com/files/2013/12/underwho.jpg

---

For those wondering about Sanshee, all of their BioShock products are officially licensed. Arty and his team there do some fantastic work!

Deathhound
12-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Undertow Vigor (https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-UNDRVIG&vSKU=2K-INF-UNDRVIG)

There is the Replica of the Undertow Vigor. Same price as the Devils Kiss one.

Oh, and a signed one, too

Signed Undertow Vigor (https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-UNDRVIGS&vSKU=2K-INF-UNDRVIGS)

OneLetter
12-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Video of the Undertow bottle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYe1q_Qcq_E

In addition to the Undertow Bottles (linked above), we also added in a Signed "Art of Columbia" Mini Art Book: https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-MINIART&vSKU=2K-INF-MINIART

toxicatom5
12-09-2013, 07:24 PM
I like the addition of the packaging! Very cool.

Have a few questions for you though...

The packaging adds a new aspect to worry about during shipping. Given the heft of the bottle itself (which I presume is packed in foam), I can see this getting banged around quite a bit and the box getting crushed corners, etc. during shipping. Am I just being paranoid and you're out ahead of this already?

Also, are the boxes going to be sealed or unsealed?

For the signed one, any concerns about the signature wearing off? The surface of the bottle looks pretty smooth where it's signed, just curious.

blingaling
12-09-2013, 08:22 PM
I really dig that bottle. Hoping it stays in stock past the christmas crunch, as I have no dollars to throw at it. The box really is a nice addition.

OneLetter
12-09-2013, 08:34 PM
The packaging adds a new aspect to worry about during shipping. Given the heft of the bottle itself (which I presume is packed in foam), I can see this getting banged around quite a bit and the box getting crushed corners, etc. during shipping. Am I just being paranoid and you're out ahead of this already?

The box has been made to intentionally look weathered (similar to the Songbird boxes), so that if there's some scuffing damage, it won't really show. We have done some shipping tests, and while a few did suffer from a slightly crushed corner here or there, the majority arrived without issue. Hopefully that will be the same for you.

Also, are the boxes going to be sealed or unsealed?

The boxes are unsealed.

For the signed one, any concerns about the signature wearing off? The surface of the bottle looks pretty smooth where it's signed, just curious.

We don't expect fans to be handling the signed ones all that much, especially around the signature area, but it's the same resin material as the DK bottle, even though it looks wholly different. We allowed the signatures to dry before re-packing each bottle, so this should not be an issue.

I really dig that bottle. Hoping it stays in stock past the christmas crunch, as I have no dollars to throw at it. The box really is a nice addition.

I really love the new box as well. Zoe, our in-house Graphic Designer, did an AMAZING job creating it from just an idea.

fromsinkingsands
12-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Bit strange Devil's Vigor came with nothing but a styrofoam casing instead of a nice custom box like Undertow. -$600

Madigan
01-06-2014, 10:04 PM
Dunno if this is a repost so...

BioShock Infinite Signed Songbird Statue

Originally only sold with the Ultimate Songbird Edition of BioShock Infinite, this highly detailed, hand painted, resin-cast 9.75" statue was designed by Robb Waters, Senior Character Concept Artist at Irrational Games. This statue, shipped in collectible packaging inspired by the world of Columbia, will look great on your shelf and features signatures on the box from the following members of Irrational Games.

Creative Director - Ken Levine
Senior Character Concept Artist - Robb Waters
Art Director - Shawn Robertson
Lead Concept Artist - Jorge Lacera

This signed version is limited to 200 pieces, each one is individually numbered, and comes with a certificate of authenticity.

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-SONGSTAT&vSKU=2K-INF-SONGSTAT

EDIT: and 2 coins

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-INF-LUTCOIN&vSKU=2K-BS-INF-LUTCOIN

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-BS-INF-SILVCOIN&vSKU=2K-BS-INF-SILVCOIN

amb6883
01-06-2014, 10:11 PM
^ $250.00 for the signed Songbird and $11.99/ea for the coins

blingaling
01-06-2014, 11:14 PM
Ugh more signed items. Easy pass.
I did get one of each of the coins from the sanshee store, they're pretty nice. Packaging is so-so because of the peg holes cut into the cards, so I just pulled them out and sat them in my songbird plush's lap.
Incidentally, I also got the pin set from sanshee. Very nice, very tiny.

toxicatom5
01-07-2014, 01:03 AM
I have to agree. The signed songbird is pretty uninspiring and, for me, a little disappointing to see. It would be different if it didn't come directly from the CE.

I have always really liked the Irrational store, and I think they create some really interesting and unique items, but this isn't for me and I hope it's not the direction they continue heading with their items in the future.

I do think the coins are nice though!

blingaling
01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/ilwvti.jpg
https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-CHMBRLITHO&vSKU=2K-INF-CHMBRLITHO

$55 for the set. Also in a signed edition of 50 for $125. Signed edition does not appeared to be numbered. At least it's artist Robb Waters and not more Ken signing this time.

I'm in for an unsigned set. I know I said no more lithos for me but... I can't say no to Bioshock!

smitty2011
02-01-2014, 11:09 PM
$113 which is about $130 aud at the moment to post 3 pieces of paper. They aren't serious are they?

amb6883
02-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Some new stuff up and a lot of stuff 20% off including the Devils Kiss Vigor

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS&vSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS

SwiftDeath
02-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Some new stuff up and a lot of stuff 20% off including the Devils Kiss Vigor

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS&vSKU=2K-INF-DEVILSKISS

Huh so the irrational store system can handle sales. Never knew that

Stevo
02-18-2014, 04:20 PM
There is another new Vigor out.

got to say id love to buy them all but going to have to be an over time thing for me.

just hope they stay in stock

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-POSSESSVIG&vSKU=2K-INF-POSSESSVIG

Deathhound
02-18-2014, 04:55 PM
Oh come on. I don't even have the other ones lol

Looks great though. And beautiful Box, too

toxicatom5
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
They have limited production to 250 total units this time. There are still some Undertows and Devil's Kisses available (500 units ea.). I'll be surprised if Possession is still available 2-3 months from now.

Also, glad they are continuing to create the packaging for them. Wonder if they'll ever make a box available to those who already own the Murder of Crows and Devil's Kiss (for a charge of course). Would be neat to see someone with all the vigors and all with packaging.

By the way, thanks for the heads up Stevo!

Stevo
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
I've just found out they are closing down Irrational Games. No more Bioshock. I am absolutely gutted

Thankfully I've read some more and it seems the Bioshock will survive. Just with no Ken

Deathhound
02-18-2014, 06:08 PM
Yeah, Ken gives BioShock to 2K if I understood it correctly

blingaling
02-18-2014, 07:18 PM
I got a bottle. I'm happy the production run is smaller this time. I'm bummed about Irrational, but hopeful that Ken can be more creative outside of AAA development.
This is probably the end of the road for Bioshock collecting for me though.

flatout
02-18-2014, 07:24 PM
I've just found out they are closing down Irrational Games. No more Bioshock. I am absolutely gutted

Thankfully I've read some more and it seems the Bioshock will survive. Just with no Ken

Sucks... did not hear that. Strange as the game must have made a boat load of money... must be Kens decision to leave and not 2Ks.

Yeah, Ken gives BioShock to 2K if I understood it correctly

2K has always owned the IP of Bioshock. This is why Irrational did not make the second one.

MortalMonday
02-18-2014, 08:52 PM
Limited to 250. This will be the rarest vigor yet. It also doesn't hurt that it's quite the sculpture too. Beautiful piece.

flatout
02-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I was just looking and i really like the bronze pin set... pretty nice.

Limited to 250. This will be the rarest vigor yet. It also doesn't hurt that it's quite the sculpture too. Beautiful piece.

Yeah they do a god job on those. The MoC I looked at was really nice and from what you guys say the rest are on par.

Sad part is you would spend a mint to collect all of them (especially signed)... you would need to have MortalMonday type money :D

blingaling
02-18-2014, 09:07 PM
I got a bootleg MOC from Singapore...

SwiftDeath
02-18-2014, 09:10 PM
I got a bootleg MOC from Singapore...

lol. Don't drink the liquid inside that one. Doubt it's water like the real one :nosleep:

ingmar1988
02-18-2014, 09:14 PM
Irrational, no more. RIP

toxicatom5
02-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Wow. This is sad news. The folks at Irrational have a lot of talent, so hopefully all of them end up on their feet somewhere soon and without any significant impact on their families.

It's also going to be interesting to see where 2K takes the franchise. I'm certain there will be another game, there is no way they'll let a property like this languish -- too much money to be made.

Also, I guess this answers my other question. I doubt we'll be seeing the remaining vigors being produced in the future. Too bad. Shock Jockey, Return to Sender, and Bucking Bronco could have been really, really awesome.

SwiftDeath
02-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Also, I guess this answers my other question. I doubt we'll be seeing the remaining vigors being produced in the future. Too bad. Shock Jockey, Return to Sender, and Bucking Bronco could have been really, really awesome.

I dunno. If Take Two want to keep Bioshock fresh and alive in the hearts of its fans, I could see them keeping the merchandise up and fresh.

Maybe not though.

MortalMonday
02-19-2014, 12:56 AM
I must say, I'm quite surprised at the low edition size of the possession bottles.
If they do sell out soon, I hope the Irrational store people realize that the sellout will be due,in part at least, to the low edition size. People like the idea of having something rare in their collection.

If they do sell out soon, how would you all feel if they re-issue these Possession bottles as part of a second edition? Good idea, bad idea?

toxicatom5
02-19-2014, 01:17 AM
I must say, I'm quite surprised at the low edition size of the possession bottles.
If they do sell out soon, I hope the Irrational store people realize that the sellout will be due,in part at least, to the low edition size. People like the idea of having something rare in their collection.

If they do sell out soon, how would you all feel if they re-issue these Possession bottles as part of a second edition? Good idea, bad idea?

To me: bad idea.

The only one that has said "first edition" is the Devil's Kiss to my knowledge. The words "Limited to 250 total units" should mean that there will not be any more produced.

OneLetter
02-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Hey all,

I'm sure you saw the news, but before you ask, I can't talk about it.

There are no plans to do a second run of any of the bottles, even the Devil's Kiss which had that potential stipulation.

I really hope all of you have enjoyed the items from the IG Store - I'll certainly miss working on putting together new ideas and concepts with the rest of our team.

I also want to personally thank those of you in here. Your willingness to welcome me in, and tell me in detail when you loved an item, disliked it, or anything in between - that went a long way, and your voices were heard all the way up the chain. I just wanted you all to know that.

Regards,

~ J

toxicatom5
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Thank YOU for coming here to engage us in the first place! I certainly hope the best for you personally, and hope you'll pop in to say hi and let us know what you're up to once you land in a new place (which I hope happens for you soon!).

Deathhound
02-19-2014, 03:00 PM
I also want to thank you!

About the Items from the Store:
No chance to buy it somewhere else then? (after everything is done I guess) As in going to 2Ks store maybe?
I still need items from there, haha

OneLetter
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
About the Items from the Store:
No chance to buy it somewhere else then? (after everything is done I guess) As in going to 2Ks store maybe?

I don't actually have an answer regarding that yet, but should be able to get one for everyone soon.

~ J

Deathhound
02-19-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't actually have an answer regarding that yet, but should be able to get one for everyone soon.

~ J

Thank you, will look out for the answer!

OneLetter
02-19-2014, 09:06 PM
Thank you, will look out for the answer!

OK - had some internal talks. The IG store will be remaining open, so you don't have to worry about not getting items you recently paid for, or it just closing randomly out of the blue. There will even be some more new merchandise coming down the pipe. I'm actually excited to see some of these last things that I worked on see the light of day, and not just stall out mid-production.

bazzaffc
02-19-2014, 09:15 PM
OK - had some internal talks. The IG store will be remaining open, so you don't have to worry about not getting items you recently paid for, or it just closing randomly out of the blue. There will even be some more new merchandise coming down the pipe. I'm actually excited to see some of these last things that I worked on see the light of day, and not just stall out mid-production.

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know!

Deathhound
02-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the head ups. That is awesome.

I can't wait to see more beautiful Merchandise to grow my Collection!

Resseh
02-24-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm turning my back room into a gaming room and I would love a framed bioshock poster but not many seem to be available in the uk? :(

What's shipping like from the irrational store? I don't want to spend too much :(

Stevo
02-24-2014, 12:40 PM
shipping is a nightmare.

I was going to buy the 2 vigor bottles that I don't have but the cost of shipping has gone up, it would cost me about ?200 to get them two items shipped over which is just too much for me to let go on top of the price of the items.

They should get a deal with someone in the UK and ship over their own items in bulk

OneLetter
02-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I'm turning my back room into a gaming room and I would love a framed bioshock poster but not many seem to be available in the uk? :(

What's shipping like from the irrational store? I don't want to spend too much :(

I'll be honest, it's not fantastic at this point. It should be noted that we cover all taxes / fees, including VAT, so that when you get your package, there's no hidden charges when delivered.

shipping is a nightmare.

I was going to buy the 2 vigor bottles that I don't have but the cost of shipping has gone up, it would cost me about ?200 to get them two items shipped over which is just too much for me to let go on top of the price of the items.

They should get a deal with someone in the UK and ship over their own items in bulk

As I said above, part of the reason is we cover all the fees / taxes. The other thing the store is trying to do is potentially setup a secondary warehouse in the UK (or Europe in general), which would lower shipping costs dramatically to the main Euro region. I doubt this would drop pricing to AU/NZ or parts of Asia, but we're all aware of how expensive internal shipping is, and have been working on solutions to make it better.

Stevo
02-24-2014, 03:11 PM
I know its the way of the world mate, just seems a shame.

To be fair I understand you cover the cost of the duty, I've been stung for massive amounts in the past from other places,

a warehouse in the UK would be massive for cost reduction, but then we might all cry about conversion rates haha :)

OneLetter
02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
I know its the way of the world mate, just seems a shame.

To be fair I understand you cover the cost of the duty, I've been stung for massive amounts in the past from other places,

a warehouse in the UK would be massive for cost reduction, but then we might all cry about conversion rates haha :)

So the 2K Store already has a few items (only maybe a few of our apparel items though) in a warehouse in Europe which they are testing, and it has seen a reduction of shipping costs. Within the store, we'll also charge the exact same in USD no matter where you purchase from. So we won't say it's $5.00 US and ?5.00 UK (since those aren't equal), and your credit card / PayPal will just do the conversion on the fly.

I know it's not great right now, but the team here certainly hopes for a lot of improvement down the road as it continues to evolve.

OneLetter
03-04-2014, 06:05 PM
Thought you guys might like our newest teaser image. :D

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1975119_530872027026124_2141419165_n.jpg

CheapAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Oh my!! Definitely want this...

What is the Damage to my Wallet I wonder?! I have purchased so many things this last 2 months!

Deathhound
03-04-2014, 06:13 PM
I ask the same question for me, jonkhor.

Can't wait to see the figure! :D

CheapAssassin
03-04-2014, 06:16 PM
I certainly dont hope its another 300 dollars again... I own the Devil Kiss Vigor Signed Edition, that totally bleed me dry. Still trying to save for the other 2 new vigors.

And now this... Gosh. Give me more money!

blingaling
03-04-2014, 06:29 PM

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1975119_530872027026124_2141419165_n.jpg

:swoon:

Leonsamus
03-04-2014, 06:36 PM
yes please something nice to go along with my Andrew Ryan statue would be great but yes def not as pricey as the vigors:beg:

flatout
03-04-2014, 06:44 PM

I think I know what this is, looks like burial at sea version of Elizabeth.

Mike1888
03-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Safe to say there won't be an absurdly priced signed version for this one. That's good.

MortalMonday
03-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Nice. Can't wait.

flatout
03-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Anyone concur with my guess?

blingaling
03-04-2014, 07:12 PM
Anyone concur with my guess?

couldn't possibly be anything else

EDIT:
I take that back, it's probably this: