PDA

View Full Version : Statue or Moveable figurine?

rapidly-greying
03-06-2013, 08:14 AM
I'm a statue man myself,they look better imo and the moveable ones can be flimsy,cheap looking and struggle to stand up.

Ps anybody want to buy an unopened Aussie version of the collector edition?

Mathika
03-06-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm a statue man myself,they look better imo and the moveable ones can be flimsy,cheap looking and struggle to stand up.

Ps anybody want to buy an unopened Aussie version of the collector edition?

Ah nope

I prefer statues too but there also many Good Looking figures

As Example a Good Company for figures is HotToys
ACII Ezio is the best Looking AC figur that i ever seen
Look my pics it is the only figur i have

But i understand what you mean
I hate the Neca, Play Arts and Mcflarne figures
Why?
Neca Bad Painting, You can see the joints (Thais the Main reason)

Play Arts Looks to asian, you can see the Joints (more than the Neca figures)

Mcflarne you can see the Joints

Another Good Example of a figur is Harrison Ford Indiana Jones
Look the statue and the figur @ sideshow

Figures Looks Way better than the statue

Dreamcazman
03-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I usually prefer statues mainly because of the posable figures I have, once I put them in a position I rarely reposition them, so they might as well be statues! :lol:

Also, I hate seeing the joints in posable figures. Some are masked really well and that usually depends on the character. I have McFarlane, Play Arts & Neca figures and they all have their pros & cons.

Rumpy
03-06-2013, 10:38 AM
Statues in Collector's Editions generally look quite dull compared to a premium statue, and the figures used in collectors also have the same problem, but often I collect them because they are the only statues or figures for that title.

Outside of Collector's Editions however I'm definitely a figure person, SH Figuarts and Figma are generally my favourite, Hot Toys likely make the best figures out there but I personally dislike the scale of them (and the price).

I don't mind the joints showing as long as it has good articulation (such as the ones I mentioned, and the upcoming D-Arts Mewtwo/Charizard/Blastoise are a good example) but sadly PAK and Neca really can't get the hang of it, ball joints visible everywhere and no free motion, euck.

HIPPEEDUDE
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Give me a decent statue any day. A decent statue will always be that,a statue & if its any good a work of art. Where as a figure is just a fancy word for a toy & most figures look exactly like that,toys.

kittychloe
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
I will take what ever doesnt break when my cat drops it on the floor

Dr_Jengo
03-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Both! Statues and Figures!

Looks like NECA isn't popular around here. Regarding the joints, I think do a better job than most other companies. Of course for that price, you can't compare them to the 1/6 scale figures like Hot Toys.

Of course statues can be absolutely fantastic if done correctly and the right pose is given.

NaughtyDogJames
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Statue. I hate action figures they just seem cheap and tacky.

Madigan
03-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I prefer articulated figures. Hot toys makes it right.

vhal_x
03-06-2013, 03:46 PM
I like both, although I do know that some articulated figures look like shit. I love SH Figuarts and D-Arts and Figma though xx

rapidly-greying
03-06-2013, 06:08 PM
My light up Isaac looks really good for a figurine,as do the bioshock big daddy and the necromorph.

That's from a street away with my glasses off mind.

flatout
03-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Statues are much better IMO. I think there is nothing better then a well made statue.

Both! Statues and Figures!

Looks like NECA isn't popular around here. Regarding the joints, I think do a better job than most other companies. Of course for that price, you can't compare them to the 1/6 scale figures like Hot Toys.

Of course statues can be absolutely fantastic if done correctly and the right pose is given.

I think the only NECA figures that are okay are ones like the Borderlands Clap Trap figure, because they can make the moveable joins without sacrificing the shape of the figure... when they make a figure of a person it looks funny every time. Even Raiden by Play Arts looks a little funny but better then most because he has a robotic body.

comaamen86
03-08-2013, 09:08 PM
statue all day every day

SwiftDeath
03-09-2013, 03:52 AM
Statue for me please :thumb:

I'll only get action figures if they come with a stand

I.E. make it a statue :rotf:

The Russian Bear
03-14-2013, 05:56 AM
Gotta say statue, much for awesome for putting on display.

Mike1888
03-14-2013, 06:02 AM
Statue for me please :thumb:

I'll only get action figures if they come with a stand

I.E. make it a statue :rotf:

This. Nothing worse than when you struggle just to get the thing to stand up. Statues all the way.

xpl0sive
03-14-2013, 06:19 AM
If we are talking high end statues or figures then definitely figures. High end figures have a level of realism that cannot be matched by statues, such as this awesome Arnold battle damaged T800 figure by Enterbay:

http://morethanjustreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/ENTERBAY-T-800-HD-Masterpiece-12.jpg

Ryu Kazama
03-14-2013, 03:09 PM
Depends. Some statues are great, some suck.

Sideshow for example do some nice statues, but them some just aren't. Figuarts and Play-Arts have some good figures but then some are quite bad (for Play Arts it's usually anything non-Square or armour based is not great).

Kotobukiya are probably have the most consistently good looking products whether it's Star Wars, Marvel or anything else.

Xmo
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
I really want her :(
I really don't know if its a figure or statue...
http://spaceart.de/produkte/sucker_punch_sweet_pea_statue_scp003-b.jpg

Rumpy
03-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Looks like a statue, and the image URL backs this up so I would go with statue. :p

misterunboxers
02-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Prefer statues, just bought my first set of figures and struggled standing them up. Never buy again :(

wAngelo
02-23-2014, 04:55 PM
I've preordered the Diablo Lord of Terror Deluxe Scale Action Figure, I'm probably going to have to make a base for it cause im pretty sure it wont have one.

I'd go for a statue everyday, there's a Judge Gabranth figure that looks really well made, it's a shame it doesn't come with a base as well, but for the price of a lot of figures I can't complain. Really well made statues are usually pretty dear.

DESOUL
02-23-2014, 06:50 PM
statues >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> moveable figures, im neutral with NECA some are good some are terrible, but i really hate playarts and all the attention its getting, i really dislike the way most of their models look like, plus i think its another way of square enix to earn a quick buck. *controls himself so that he doesnt rant about square anus*

giantqtipz
02-23-2014, 08:26 PM
High end figure

http://imageshack.com/a/img28/594/odt3.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img46/9101/1cav.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img69/8810/kwoj.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img849/9503/zxci.jpg
http://imageshack.com/a/img853/2318/2qbj.jpg

LeX
02-24-2014, 05:06 AM
I like statue more ofcourse,
but I consider liking the figure it depends on it outcome, like this batman above me :)