PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Super Limited Edition]

nipperkipper
03-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Super Limited Edition]
Xbox 360
R3 Japan
Cave
May 23rd 2013
Price (RRP): 12,500 Yen
Other Info/Pics:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-X36-1302&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3DDodonpachi %24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

This is another super limited edition from Cave, most preorders sold out in a day and past evidence of Cave releases indicate it will actually be 'super limited'. Comes with a steelbook :clap::bananayes:
There is also a regular 'limited' edition

Contents:

The special limited edtion (超限定版) includes
* Steelbook case, :clap::bananayes:
* Dodonpachi Saidaioujou 360 edition sound track CD,
* Arcade edition sound track CD,
* A4 size premium art book(80P),
* Bonus item(s)(unknown).

The normal limited edition (限定版) includes
* Steelbook case,
* Dodonpachi Siadaioujou 360 edition sound track CD,
* B6 size art book(80P).

Twisted
03-16-2013, 04:49 AM
thank u for sharing..the steelbook sounds exciting..but i wish we could see a pic of what it suppose to look like!,....plus granted i know it's limited...but is'nt there suppose to be a certain minimum run in the thousands that is for G1 steelbooks?...so if were just after the steelbook..we should stand a chance at finding one down the road no?

nipperkipper
03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Yeh i would like pics as well but there arent any yet. I think the minimum production is 4000

SwiftDeath
03-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Is this game an Xbox exclusive?

And normal minimum order for a G1 steel is 8000, 4000 is for g2

geralds
03-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Is this game an Xbox exclusive?

And normal minimum order for a G1 steel is 8000, 4000 is for g2

Yes its a cave game they only publish for 360 and so its more then likely a shootem up. It says it is coming with a steelbook but knowing Japan i doubt it will. Unless pictures get posted do not be counting on any steelbook.

rapister
03-21-2013, 08:59 AM
release was about 130 USD equivalent excluding shipping
its all sold out everywhere except couple of places with inflated prices

best u can do is about 160 USD right now.... or more.... for the super limited edition

but yeah its a shooter

vhal_x
03-21-2013, 10:57 AM
This is now up for preorder on Nippon Yasan, already got my order in xx

nipperkipper
03-21-2013, 11:27 PM
not a bad price, slow shipping is a bit of a bother for me from them - i wish they would confirm if there is a steelbook

geralds
03-22-2013, 04:38 AM
not a bad price, slow shipping is a bit of a bother for me from them - i wish they would confirm if there is a steelbook

A lot of Japanese website ate just calling it a metal tin package but i went and look this up on the official cave website and there listing as a steel book and here there picture

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/img/pack_gente.jpg

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/ So if its listed on caves website as stealbook chances are it is unless they cant tell a difference in a metal tin and a steelbook.

according to the website there a chance there could be a second steelbook made for the standard limited edition as well too look like this http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/img/pack_tujo.jpg

rapister
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
no i dont think so... from what i can read in Japanese,

the cover on the left, which is the white one ... is the "normal version packaging"
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/img/pack_tujo.jpg
the cover on the right, the colorful one, is the "limited AND super limited edition packaging"
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/saidaioujou/special/img/pack_gente.jpg

so there are 3 versions on release, and below is which i believe would be a more detailed translation:

1. normal edition
(nothing included)

2. Limited edition
B5 sized box packaging
Steelbook case
Xbox 360 Arrange CD
B6 sized limited artwork collection

3. SUPER Limited Edition
A4 sized packaging
Steelbook case
Xbox360 Arrange sountrack CD
Arcade soundtrack CD
A4 sized Limited artwork collection
and "others" - not revealed?

chances are both will contain the same steelbook, in my guess?

not sure if artwork will be the same, but maybe just different sizes? i have no idea...

geralds
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
colerfull one is listed as ther super limited edition. The white one was said for limited.

vhal_x
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Rapister is correct, the white one is the standard copy, with the colourful one being for both the Limited and Super Editions:

Normal: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/japanese-video-games-xbox-360/4828-xbox-360-dodonpachi-saidaioujou.html

Limited: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/japanese-video-games-xbox-360/4829-xbox-360-dodonpachi-saidaioujou-limited-edition.html

Super: http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/japanese-video-games-xbox-360/4830-xbox-360-dodonpachi-saidaioujou-super-limited-edition.html xx

geralds
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
not according the caves website. its just says sofwar package for whit and ultra limited sofware pakage.

vhal_x
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah, but "Software Package" sounds as if it is meaning just a Standard copy, no?

geralds
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah, but "Software Package" sounds as if it is meaning just a Standard copy, no?

That or every package come with it as thats what games in.

rapister
03-22-2013, 05:34 PM
sorry to disappoint you geralds, i can read some Japanese, and it just says "normal packaging" over the white cover
and "limited AND super limited packaging" over the colorful cover

unfortunately, the content listings only indicate that there's a steelbook for the limited and ultralimited versions

the normal version, well, contains nothing but the game.

thats what i can read from the cave website you provided... i suppose it matches the information that vhal has found as well

well unless they release any other the information thereafter, i guess we are out of luck for a second steelbook design

another detail to note is that the covers are described as the "packaging", so we cant really tell if its the art on the box, or the steelbook, or game case cover.... wish they provided more specifics...

AND apparently, the included artwork is described as different sizes between limited and super limited, i wonder if the art is the same... hmm............... dammit!

SwiftDeath
03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
So is the common consensus that the steelbook will come in the limited and super limited editions then?

That's what it says in OP but just want to double check what you guys think?

rapister
03-22-2013, 08:10 PM
yup thats what it says on the cave website
(in japanese)

SwiftDeath
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
yup thats what it says on the cave website
(in japanese)

Thanks think I might just order the limited edition

Any idea what the production numbers are like on these?

geralds
03-22-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks think I might just order the limited edition

Any idea what the production numbers are like on these?

More limited then anything put out on ps3 I will tell you that. Simply because a lot of Japanese stores wont even carry 360 stuff nor do a lot of Japanese even care for anything 360 so it is naturally to assume more limited then anything they will put out on 360. As for actuall number it is unknown. I would not be supprised if there more sales of imported 360 stuff then there is domestic Japanese 360 sales.

SwiftDeath
03-22-2013, 08:47 PM
More limited then anything put out on ps3 I will tell you that. Simply because a lot of Japanese stores wont even carry 360 stuff nor do a lot of Japanese even care for anything 360 so it is naturally to assume more limited then anything they will put out on 360. As for actuall number it is unknown. I would not be supprised if there more sales of imported 360 stuff then there is domestic Japanese 360 sales.

Interesting I know Xbox isn't overly popular in Japan

Standard minimum order quantity is 8000 for G1 steelbooks so I'm curious if both editions together are much more than that

rapister
03-23-2013, 12:59 AM
i agree with geralds 100% on this

these would be sold out in a flash

and japanese are crazy over SHMUPS

geralds
03-23-2013, 01:53 AM
i agree with geralds 100% on this

these would be sold out in a flash

and japanese are crazy over SHMUPS

They may be craxy for shmups but they dont sell fast at all one 360 you relise if this was on the ps3 it would sell must faster rate. There still japanese stores tryingto get rid of 09 cave shooter CEs for xbox because thats how poorly 360 crap sell.

SwiftDeath
03-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Nvm appears to have completely sold out

Guess I earned that for waiting too long, ah well

nipperkipper
03-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Nvm appears to have completely sold out

Guess I earned that for waiting too long, ah well

Who is Nvm?

Nippon yassan still have them