PDA

View Full Version : Elder Scrolls Online Lithograph Set available exclusively at PAX 2013

MortalMonday
03-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Sold exclusively at the Bethesda Booth at PAX 2013.

3 unique lithographs.
Edition size of 500 per unique print.
Individually numbered.
18"x24"
$30 per print.

Thanks Treehouse_Ryan for the details!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/230891_524116427638902_1126123741_n.png

Mike1888
03-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Awesome. Must buy.

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Anyone going that can get them for me?

SwiftDeath
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
I'm also interested in these if anyone is going

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Limited to 500 each. We're going to either destroy or give to employees whatever doesn't sell.

Will be numbered. Will not be signed (unless someone in the booth is feeling up to it).

Full size and quality of our other lithos (18x24).

Will be $30 each, or all three for a discount (we talked about $75 or $80).

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Ryan, please do not destroy extras! A whole heck of a lot of us here would love these and would pay for them. Can't you do the same deal that was done for the SDCC-exclusive ME lithos? Those extras were sold on the Bioware store weeks after the convention wrapped.

I can't make it to PAX, but will need these lithos no doubt. :(

Letrico
03-21-2013, 12:25 AM
Save it and bring it to PAX AUS please. I'll snatch em up

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 12:35 AM
Limited to 500 each. We're going to either destroy or give to employees whatever doesn't sell.

Will be numbered. Will not be signed (unless someone in the booth is feeling up to it).

Full size and quality of our other lithos (18x24).

Will be $30 each, or all three for a discount (we talked about $75 or $80).

I would buy all three Ryan!

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Ryan, please do not destroy extras! A whole heck of a lot of us here would love these and would pay for them. Can't you do the same deal that was done for the SDCC-exclusive ME lithos? Those extras were sold on the Bioware store weeks after the convention wrapped.

I understand where you're coming from, but the point here was to make them "exclusive" to the convention. If we sell them online later, I think that's disingenuous and would hurt the collectibility (which I expect you would be sensitive to, if only you weren't on the wrong end of this one)....

We're going to do a set of ESOL lithos for the store soon, but are waiting for approvals on different pieces of art.

Save it and bring it to PAX AUS please. I'll snatch em up

You fly me to Australia, and I'll bring you some lithos personally....

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 12:39 AM
That's OK ryan, I understand. I don't have to agree, but I understand.

Looks like I'll be lubing up to take it in the you know what via eBay. Won't be the first time, and won't be the last either I'm sure.

I had to pay eBay prices for my signed SDCC ME litho set as well.:suicide:

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 12:42 AM
That's OK ryan, I understand. I don't have to agree, but I understand.

Looks like I'll be lubing up to take in the you know what via eBay.

If we do end up with some left over, I'll try to have at least one set sent to TwistedSymphony so he can do a giveaway or something with them. Still almost entirely exclusive to PAX, but at least gives something to you guys as die-hard collectors....

nipperkipper
03-21-2013, 12:46 AM
If we do end up with some left over, I'll try to have at least one set sent to TwistedSymphony so he can do a giveaway or something with them. Still almost entirely exclusive to PAX, but at least gives something to you guys as die-hard collectors....

That would be awesome. I have to ask Ryan, as employees are you allowed to buy treehouse artwork and stuff or do you get special one off items. Do you collect artwork too?

SwiftDeath
03-21-2013, 12:54 AM

Thanks Ryan,

This sounds like the best option if you really have to keep it exclusive to PAX East

I take it you had less strict obligations with the SDCC lithos that have been mentioned?

Letrico
03-21-2013, 12:57 AM
You fly me to Australia, and I'll bring you some lithos personally....

One day Ryan.... I will bring you here and you will bring me every single Treehouse merchandise. :P

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 12:59 AM
Thanks Ryan,

This sounds like the best option if you really have to keep it exclusive to PAX East

I take it you had less strict obligations with the SDCC lithos that have been mentioned?

The SDCC lithos for Mass Effect were done fully by Dark Horse, so we had no say in any of that. They gave us some to sell a fair amount later, and I thought it was weird, but it wasn't enough numbers to really fuss over (10 to 20ish each, I think).

Because I only heard of them after the fact, I don't know how big a deal they made about them being "exclusive" to SDCC, but our intention with these was to fully commit.

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 03:20 AM
That would be awesome. I have to ask Ryan, as employees are you allowed to buy treehouse artwork and stuff or do you get special one off items. Do you collect artwork too?

I'm not sure how personal an answer you're looking for here, but I'll try to give it a shot without derailing the thread too much.

We're allowed to buy things from ourselves, sure.... We offer discounts to people at the studios we work with, and so add our own employees to the same group. We also give everyone here an amount of store credit every year to spend on whatever they want, but it doesn't tend to last very long. :)

The company gets a few overages on most prints we do as samples/proofs, so they're around the office and some of us hang them up and pretend they're ours without actually claiming ownership.... And then there are the holdbacks for damages that occasionally go unclaimed and end up with us.

We also have racks and racks of things that didn't make it into the stores, so there are one-off things everywhere. And we occasionally print something in larger sizes than we carry in the store for employees bigger than 2x if we can, so I guess that counts, too.

I'm a compulsive collector of a lot of things. That's part of why I liked you guys so much and have been so enjoying spending entirely too much time here....

I tend to work more than I should (maybe you've noticed?), so I don't get to spend as much time with games as I'd like. I don't own too many CEs and can kind of distance myself from what would otherwise be a cripplingly expensive hobby for me (maybe you can relate?).

Here's a shot of a recent obsession taking over my [messy] desk at work right now:

http://i.imgur.com/7edXt9X.jpg

(terrible cellphone photo, but that's almost forty Dunnys ready to march into battle)

Not pictured is a frankly shameful amount of unframed screenprints (that is a very real vice of mine) stacked and rolled in the corner behind me. One day I'll get some of them hung, but there always seems to be more work that needs doing....

ingmar1988
03-21-2013, 03:25 AM
It sucks most litographs etc. are very usa centered (as in being sold and printed there), or at exclusive usa events. Really wish europe would get something nice!

We really need some usa forum members to go to pax and get some of these things :D

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
I have a friend that's going. I have already asked him to pick up a set for me. We'll see what happens. I doubt he'll pick up more than one set for me though. Sorry guys. I'm not holding my breadth on my own set anyway. I'm prepping the lube for what may end up being a trip to eBay.

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 04:30 AM
I'm not sure how personal an answer you're looking for here, but I'll try to give it a shot without derailing the thread too much.

We're allowed to buy things from ourselves, sure.... We offer discounts to people at the studios we work with, and so add our own employees to the same group. We also give everyone here an amount of store credit every year to spend on whatever they want, but it doesn't tend to last very long. :)

The company gets a few overages on most prints we do as samples/proofs, so they're around the office and some of us hang them up and pretend they're ours without actually claiming ownership.... And then there are the holdbacks for damages that occasionally go unclaimed and end up with us.

We also have racks and racks of things that didn't make it into the stores, so there are one-off things everywhere. And we occasionally print something in larger sizes than we carry in the store for employees bigger than 2x if we can, so I guess that counts, too.

I'm a compulsive collector of a lot of things. That's part of why I liked you guys so much and have been so enjoying spending entirely too much time here....

I tend to work more than I should (maybe you've noticed?), so I don't get to spend as much time with games as I'd like. I don't own too many CEs and can kind of distance myself from what would otherwise be a cripplingly expensive hobby for me (maybe you can relate?).

Here's a shot of a recent obsession taking over my [messy] desk at work right now:

[picture here]

Not pictured is a frankly shameful amount of unframed screenprints (that is a very real vice of mine) stacked and rolled in the corner behind me. One day I'll get some of them hung, but there always seems to be more work that needs doing....

Dude you are so lucky! That must be an awesome job. Are you guys hiring? I would love to work for Treehouse! All my paychecks would go right back to the company!

flatout
03-21-2013, 04:53 AM

Gee shucks.... :thankyou:

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 09:42 AM
I have a friend that's going. I have already asked him to pick up a set for me. We'll see what happens. I doubt he'll pick up more than one set for me though. Sorry guys. I'm not holding my breadth on my own set anyway. I'm prepping the lube for what may end up being a trip to eBay.

If he's your friend I'm sure he will get you a set?

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 10:30 AM
Well I don't know him too well and he said he only brought a little cash with him. I guess he's already in town for the convention. Supposedly the booths only take cash, but I'm not sure. I would imagine treehouse would accept credit cards for the lithos.

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Damn I really want a set of these :-( looks like I will miss out also!

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Well I don't know him too well and he said he only brought a little cash with him. I guess he's already in town for the convention. Supposedly the booths only take cash, but I'm not sure. I would imagine treehouse would accept credit cards for the lithos.

We're testing out a neat little Square set up, so we should be taking cards easily and with a pretty interface.

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 05:45 PM
We're testing out a neat little Square set up, so we should be taking cards easily and with a pretty interface.

Does that mean I can call you up @ PAX from the UK and order all 3:barsong:

Treehouse_Ryan
03-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Does that mean I can call you up @ PAX from the UK and order all 3:barsong:

I'm one of the lucky few that gets to hold things down at the office, but I'd be happy to arrange for someone there to take your payment over the phone. How would you like to schedule pickup of your lithos at the Bethesda booth? :2cool:

SwiftDeath
03-21-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm one of the lucky few that gets to hold things down at the office, but I'd be happy to arrange for someone there to take your payment over the phone. How would you like to schedule pickup of your lithos at the Bethesda booth? :2cool:

I wonder if a booth at PAX qualifies as an address for UPS pickup :think:

MortalMonday
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Ryan, Are you kidding about the over the phone arrangement? If you're not, then I can pay for mine over the phone, and I can have my friend-who will be at the show-pick them up for me! Please let me know! Thanks.

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Ryan, Are you kidding about the over the phone arrangement? If you're not, then I can pay for mine over the phone, and I can have my friend-who will be at the show-pick them up for me! Please let me know! Thanks.

Finger crossed, perhaps he can pick mine up as well :drool:

SwiftDeath
03-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Finger crossed, perhaps he can pick mine up as well :drool:

I'm rather certain he was kidding so don't get your hopes up

thefunk007
03-21-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm rather certain he was kidding so don't get your hopes up

Hopes are not up, I won't be getting them - simple!

smitty2011
03-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Is anyone going to do a group buy for this? Would happily return the favour if anything good happened here? Anyone...

http://dailybail.com/storage/_Tyrone20Biggums.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=12 46602808081

squid
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Man I would love to get this.. but I am all the way in Seattle.. wonder if there will be a similar set for PAX Prime

MortalMonday
03-22-2013, 05:50 PM
My situation regarding these lithos is not looking too hot either. I doubt this dude is picking them up for me. :(

MortalMonday
03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
My buddy came through for me! Getting a set shipped to me next week!

I asked him to get a second set to share with the boards, but he wasn't feeling it. Sorry guys. I'm sure they'll pop up for sale online somewhere eventually.

thefunk007
03-24-2013, 01:06 AM
My buddy came through for me! Getting a set shipped to me next week!

I asked him to get a second set to share with the boards, but he wasn't feeling it. Sorry guys. I'm sure they'll pop up for sale online somewhere eventually.

That was always going to be the case from the start...

Shame could have traded my Crysis 3 print for 3 of them.

flatout
03-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Congrats Mortal!!

I wonder what other goodies are at PAX... :drool:

MortalMonday
03-25-2013, 04:06 AM
And so it begins:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Elder-Scrolls-Online-PAX-Exclusive-3-Lithograph-Set-RARE-500-/321095897247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac2ce909f

flatout
03-25-2013, 04:12 AM
Yes, yes it does:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PAX-East-2013-Swag-Elderscrolls-Online-5-Septim-Coins-Bethesda-/160996002751?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257c1c0bbf

MortalMonday
03-25-2013, 04:27 AM
I snagged a set of those coins earlier today when they were selling for $9. Lucked out on that one. Those coins are gonna go up in value, provided they don't produce more coins.

thefunk007
03-25-2013, 02:30 PM
I am hopeful my Crysis 3 print limited to 30 will be worth a few quid - after seeing how much these things sell for.

kittychloe
03-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Can someone tell me what those little figures were on ryans desk?

MortalMonday
03-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Got my set earlier today!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC02544.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC02506.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC02515.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/DSC02529.jpg

This is a great set of lithos. I feel super lucky to have scored my set. If it weren't for my buddy, there's no way I would've been able to get a set. Lord knows I can't pay those crazy stupid eBay prices.

Treehouse_Ryan
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
This is a great set of lithos. I feel super lucky to have scored my set. If it weren't for my buddy, there's no way I would've been able to get a set. Lord knows I can't pay those crazy stupid eBay prices.

I'm worried that I'm about to harsh your high over your lithos, but I just wanted to put this here:

http://i.imgur.com/cg3cvIY.jpg

We gave a set of them to Child's Play for their auction, and may or may not have some others for a future contest....

SwiftDeath
03-28-2013, 10:55 PM
I'm worried that I'm about to harsh your high over your lithos, but I just wanted to put this here:

http://i.imgur.com/cg3cvIY.jpg

We gave a set of them to Child's Play for their auction, and may or may not have some others for a future contest....

We'll forgive you as long as you provide all the appropriate links to the auction and future contests if/when they become available ;)

flatout
03-28-2013, 10:57 PM
I am actually glad not to be an Elder Scrolls collector, I would be soooo jealous right now ;)

MortalMonday
03-28-2013, 11:09 PM
A signed set! :eek:

I couldn't possibly afford those anyway.
I'm perfectly content with my set.

SwiftDeath
03-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I am actually glad not to be an Elder Scrolls collector, I would be soooo jealous right now ;)

The only thing is its Elder Scrolls Online

I have yet to see any franchise produce a truly successful MMORPG to compete with WOW

So dollars to donuts, it will fail too especially with a little more competition from the Lord of the Rings online

Not entirely sure I want to put that kind of money down on a game that is pretty much guaranteed to be gone in a year

Also kind of worried it will hurt the elder scrolls franchise as I'm quite sure Knights of the Old Republic is now completely dead which sucks as I still want Kotor 3 :(

flatout
03-28-2013, 11:29 PM
Hmmm... I thought GW2 was doing really well. Don't know much aabout MMORPGs though... plus WoW is like 11 years old and was showing it years ago.

SwiftDeath
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Hmmm... I thought GW2 was doing really well. Don't know much aabout MMORPGs though... plus WoW is like 11 years old and was showing it years ago.

You are right. I forgot all about GW2, not really into MMORPGS at all

Don't like the idea of collecting for one but they are such nice lithos and are still Elder Scrolls

MLSxGHOST
03-29-2013, 03:04 PM
If anyone has these I'll buy them!!!!

MortalMonday
04-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Last set sold for over $700!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Lithographs-Nord-Breton-Elf-RARE-8-8-9-500-PAX-EXCLUSIVE-/261191587961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd03b5879&nma=true&si=7rR6E027v7Bg7Dv7KGxhMF7jTw4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

:swoon:

SwiftDeath
04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Last set sold for over $700!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Lithographs-Nord-Breton-Elf-RARE-8-8-9-500-PAX-EXCLUSIVE-/261191587961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd03b5879&nma=true&si=7rR6E027v7Bg7Dv7KGxhMF7jTw4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

:swoon:

Actually last set to sell sold for a little over 200 USD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160996032248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Man VG collectibles are hit or miss :shrug:

tibia_rocks2003
04-02-2013, 03:11 AM
I saw somewhere that they plan on making more lithographs for ESO to put on the Bethesda website. Can't wait! Probably won't be for some months though.

kittychloe
04-02-2013, 04:20 AM
i would probably be more into them if they were cheaper, then there is shipping and trying to protect them, nowhere in aus really has them for sale where i can easily get them.. except chinatown in sydney

tibia_rocks2003
04-02-2013, 04:29 AM
@ kittychloe: Maybe you will be lucky and they will have exclusive lithographs at PAX AUS.

kittychloe
04-02-2013, 04:33 AM
maybe.. will have to give letrico money or something as its sold out and i dont have tickets

SwiftDeath
04-02-2013, 04:35 AM
When is Pax Australia?

tibia_rocks2003
04-02-2013, 04:43 AM
For PAX Australia, it says MELBOURNE, VIC JUL 19-21, 2013.

You can find more information at http://aus.paxsite.com/

Mike1888
04-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Hey guys. I can get 2 extra "The Breton" lithographs for $75 a piece. Solid deal based on what the sets are going for, and good if you don't want to pay for a hole set.

Breton is the one on the left in OP's pic. Let me know if you'd like some help, first come first serve.

v1sav1s
04-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Wow, the "High Elf" litho is beautiful. For the Aldmeri Dominion! :)

Treehouse_Ryan
04-25-2013, 06:20 PM

There were enough left over of these tees and lithos that we couldn't justify destroying them.... I fought to keep them from going up on the store and making us completely go back on our word, so we're going to bring some small numbers to any conventions we go to as little bonuses for people in the know, and then they'll be gone for good.

SwiftDeath
04-25-2013, 06:22 PM
There were enough left over of these tees and lithos that we couldn't justify destroying them.... I fought to keep them from going up on the store and making us completely go back on our word, so we're going to bring some small numbers to any conventions we go to as little bonuses for people in the know, and then they'll be gone for good.

Any idea what your convention schedule is like?

I wouldn't have minded them popping up online but I haven't bought them online yet so can understand why others might not like that

squid
04-25-2013, 06:29 PM

Oh man! *crosses fingers* Please be at PAX Prime!

Treehouse_Ryan
04-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Any idea what your convention schedule is like?

I wouldn't have minded them popping up online but I haven't bought them online yet so can understand why others might not like that

Unofficially, your best bets would be Quakecon and PAX Prime....

It's an awkward situation, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want more people to have a chance at them, but I don't want them to be less special than how they were announced. I like the idea of sitting on them for a while and then doing something fun with them after everyone thought they were really gone forever.

I'm going to be a dick and really make everyone here understand that if they want to call something "exclusive" in the future, they need to be prepared to stick to it. I think our future "* Con Exclusive" ideas are going to be renamed "Convention Exclusive" so we can still bring them to other shows here and there if there are leftovers.

thefunk007
04-25-2013, 08:32 PM

It's an awkward situation, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want more people to have a chance at them, but I don't want them to be less special than how they were announced. I like the idea of sitting on them for a while and then doing something fun with them after everyone thought they were really gone forever.

I'm going to be a dick and really make everyone here understand that if they want to call something "exclusive" in the future, they need to be prepared to stick to it. I think our future "* Con Exclusive" ideas are going to be renamed "Convention Exclusive" so we can still bring them to other shows here and there if there are leftovers.

Yeah I would be pissed if you put them on the store considering I paid a fortune on eBay for a set - as in my eyes there was zero chance of actually ever getting them, ever.... :rant:

flatout
04-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Yeah I would be pissed if you put them on the store considering I paid a fortune on eBay for a set - as in my eyes there was zero chance of actually ever getting them, ever.... :rant:

Well if you had inside info you could sell them on eBay quickly... but I think they shouldn't go on the store as there were supposed to be an event exclusive.

Madigan
04-25-2013, 09:19 PM

It's perfectly fine. If it's exclusive to X convention, collectors complain about it, if you put it up on the store, collectors complain that this is not exclusive anymore.

If you or a friend can't go to X convention then buy the prints on ebay and deal with it.

Romeo
04-26-2013, 03:05 AM
It's perfectly fine. If it's exclusive to X convention, collectors complain about it, if you put it up on the store, collectors complain that this is not exclusive anymore.

If you or a friend can't go to X convention then buy the prints on ebay and deal with it.

That's my issue with this process... if a company like treehouse has an exclusive item meant for a convention, then there should be a strict stipulation that if you get said item you cannot sell it online. If it was meant to be sold online, treehouse would have sold it that way directly.

SwiftDeath
04-26-2013, 05:40 AM
That's my issue with this process... if a company like treehouse has an exclusive item meant for a convention, then there should be a strict stipulation that if you get said item you cannot sell it online. If it was meant to be sold online, treehouse would have sold it that way directly.

But there's no way to enforce that

KnightOfTruth
05-28-2013, 07:41 PM

A little late to the discussion but just wanted to say Kudos to you Ryan for putting up a "fight" for integrity. I think the solution you've listed is the best considering your situations. :clap:

Just wanted to recognize your efforts - wish more people/companies would keep these type of things in mind when making claims - if your word isn't your bond then what good is it? Wish I had seen this thread earlier - but I'll definitely be on the look-out for the ES:O things going forward! Thanks again!