PDA

View Full Version : RAH Link 12" Zelda Skyward Sword figure ?15800

nipperkipper
03-24-2013, 09:20 PM
For all us Zelda collectors and (figure) collectors too.

This has just gone up for preorder earlier today and the best price i can see is amiami

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-6204&page=top (http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-6204&page=top)

Not sure about numbers or about RAH but it looks high quality.

nipperkipper
03-24-2013, 09:28 PM
The 15800 is supposed to be yen, forum doesnt display, so around 113 GBP

vhal_x
03-24-2013, 09:36 PM
I preordered one earlier today :) xx

nipperkipper
03-24-2013, 09:41 PM
I preordered one earlier today :) xx

You know it makes sense, they dont charge until close to dispatch anyway. Are you signed up to alerts from amiami, how did you find out about it so quick?

toxicatom5
03-25-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't know anything about Medicom Toy. Anyone else know if they make quality pieces? Photos look great but it also has the disclaimer than "*Photos are of a sample and the actual product may differ."

...what's funny is that I was just saying how I'm usually not too bothered about figures, but this one definitely has my interest.

toxicatom5
03-26-2013, 05:34 PM
lol...crickets...

Does anyone have experience with Medicom's Real Action Heroes line? Good, Bad, Ugly?

Rumpy
03-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Average, some problems with their faux leather (which shouldn't be a problem with link, its more for stuff like vader) and the body under the clothing is one of a few generic body types (skinny, large etc), which can make figures without full clothing look strange next to each other.

That's as much as I know.

OniRyo
03-26-2013, 09:24 PM
made a preorder for this right away when the preorders started, of course this one is way more expensive compared to the figma

Ryu Kazama
03-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Yep, pre-ordered too. Probably cancel at the end - too many toys on order, but who knows. It's tempting!

toxicatom5
03-27-2013, 01:02 AM
Thanks Rumpy! Good to know.

Ryu Kazama
03-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Well, excuuuuuse me, Princess....

toxicatom5
03-28-2013, 02:22 AM
lol! Sorry meant to type Rumpy in my last post, not Ryu. Can see how that seemed like a weird response to your post Ryu! Sorry for the confusion.

kittychloe
03-28-2013, 03:20 AM
well at least its cheaper there than the 250+ aus stores want

i and i
03-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Pre-ordered it also :) It is looking good for this price.

toxicatom5
01-18-2014, 01:01 PM
We're getting closer to release on this one. It is still in stock at a lot of places. Does anyone know how many of each figure Medicom typically makes?

Also, I had forgotten how large this is. 30 cm tall, is much bigger than I was remembering.

Cosmic_Link
01-18-2014, 01:12 PM
I forgot I had a pre-order for this. XD Better update my payment details on amiami. lol

toxicatom5
01-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Pre-ordering a year in advance throws me off too. I need to start keeping a log of everything!

KnightOfTruth
01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Do they have other figures in this series? Also, just to confirm - this is not a statue right, its more of a poseable figure that 30cm high?

Cosmic_Link
01-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Do they have other figures in this series? Also, just to confirm - this is not a statue right, its more of a poseable figure that 30cm high?

Yeah, I think an "action figure" would be the best way to describe this. Definitely not a statue. lol

Cosmic_Link
03-28-2014, 06:53 AM
Right, Amiami are charging for this next week. What do you guys reckon, buy now or safe to hold off for a little? I'm a little skint and might need to sell some stuffs to fund this and Amiami still have it available for pre-order... 0.o There's been no mention of production numbers and availability.

Thoughts guys?

KnightOfTruth
03-28-2014, 02:12 PM
Right, Amiami are charging for this next week. What do you guys reckon, buy now or safe to hold off for a little? I'm a little skint and might need to sell some stuffs to fund this and Amiami still have it available for pre-order... 0.o There's been no mention of production numbers and availability.

Thoughts guys?

Don't have a crystal ball, but since its being offered through various vendors, its unlikely to be sold out instantly. I myself might be interested in it, but I'm waiting to see an unboxing of it and compare it to other similar sized figures. Plus, its $145 that I didn't have earmarked yet so not sure what purchases I'll have to move around in order to pick this up... I'd imagine you'd be fairly safe with this though, especially since they don't mention run sizes.

toxicatom5
03-28-2014, 11:45 PM
I agree with Knight. Cancelled mine actually. I just didn't feel comfortable that I'd be happy with the final product and decided to wait since it seems to be readily available. Also, I'm not really into figures and only considered since it is Link. Anyway, I'll see how it looks in an unboxing before deciding on this one. Leaning toward just skipping it unless it is really, really impressive.

Cosmic_Link
03-29-2014, 01:46 AM
Cheers for chiming in guys. :D I'm still on the fence about it. I think I would prefer to wait for an Unboxing before spending 120GBP + taxes on it. You kinda know what you're getting with a statue, but an action figure... I'm not sure... :S

The thing is though, I made a bad call originally with the Figma Link where I decided to wait and then it disappeared and nowhere had them in stock. My GF bought my Figma Link for about 80GBP for my Birthday and now I can pick it up from a local store for 40, which is incredibly annoying! >.<

Eros
03-29-2014, 04:33 PM
I cancelled my AmiAmi account recently so this preorder went bye bye at the time too. I am still tempted with it but there's so much else to burn my money on I think this'll be a pass. I have a couple F4F statues and don't think this'll even come close.

i and i
04-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Cancelled this one to, F4F zelda lines are enough Link/zelda for now. Need to diversify a bit.

Dan
04-10-2014, 09:23 PM
you guys missed out

UmqJvIgbbOA

this is one bad ass doll.... move over ken :P

KnightOfTruth
04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
you guys missed out

UmqJvIgbbOA

this is one bad ass doll.... move over ken :P

Funny you post that, I just saw that "doll" for the first time yesterday - seemed okay but I wouldn't get it without at least 3 other characters in the same scale , definitely not at MSRP. Not really a fan of the doll-like figures as much as the statues or "action-figures".

Not really complaining, but is it just me or does that reviewer seem like he was bought off by the company that made it and is really desperate for them to send him the next one for free? ;)

Dan
04-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Funny you post that, I just saw that "doll" for the first time yesterday - seemed okay but I wouldn't get it without at least 3 other characters in the same scale , definitely not at MSRP. Not really a fan of the doll-like figures as much as the statues or "action-figures".

Not really complaining, but is it just me or does that reviewer seem like he was bought off by the company that made it and is really desperate for them to send him the next one for free? ;)

lol probably

I personally really like it, it's well sculpted, nicely painted, cool gadgets that i comes with................. but I wouldn't display it :X

Cosmic_Link
04-11-2014, 05:48 AM
He looks cool. :D Might have to get one at some point. However, it is over £100 for something that will sit in a box in storage! XD If I was going to do that, I'd rather get the F4F Link on Epona Exclusive. XD