PDA

View Full Version : do you think next xbox steelbooks will be G2?

Twisted
04-06-2013, 04:34 AM
i was wondering if where pretty much at an end of an era with G1 steelbooks..since it's pretty much confirmed that next new xbox upcoming this year will run on blu ray disks..i would think packaging would be g2 form?..thus, steelbook editions being g2?....i guess unless a 3rd party publisher was doing all platforms including nintendo and it wanted a steelbook it would probably run g1?..but i think from here on out..we will see more and more of g2 dominating especially with ps4 and xbox "720" out.

SwiftDeath
04-06-2013, 04:42 AM
wow that's an interesting question

Techically PC games will still likely be distributed on dvds and therefore may come in G1 steelbooks but I've never thought what the future of xbox would hold :think:

Dreamcazman
04-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Even though the system will run blu-rays, I still suspect the cases will be G1, simply because ever other Xbox game in the past has been G1 and M$ will probably want to differentiate themselves with PS4 games.

Just a thought.

NaughtyDogJames
04-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Even though the system will run blu-rays, I still suspect the cases will be G1, simply because ever other Xbox game in the past has been G1 and M$ will probably want to differentiate themselves with PS4 games.

Just a thought.

This, like the Wii U.

Twisted
04-10-2013, 12:11 AM
yes..but ps2 was also "g1"..when running on dvd format up to the ps3 point..then with blu ray it became g2...wii u is still dvd based...and xbox new console is switching to blu ray..just like ps2 to ps3 did..so i don't believe they still would carry on with dvd cases. a.k.a. g1

NaughtyDogJames
04-10-2013, 12:18 AM
yes..but ps2 was also "g1"..when running on dvd format up to the ps3 point..then with blu ray it became g2...wii u is still dvd based...and xbox new console is switching to blu ray..just like ps2 to ps3 did..so i don't believe they still would carry on with dvd cases. a.k.a. g1

Wii U is not DVD, it's modified blu ray, google it.

Mike1888
04-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Wii U is not DVD, it's modified blu ray, google it.

So was the wii, right?

So no, I don't think the type of disc automatically decides the size of the case.

SwiftDeath
04-10-2013, 02:07 AM
So was the wii, right?

So no, I don't think the type of disc automatically decides the size of the case.

It doesn't but by simple logic it should

G1 denotes generation 1 as in the dvd generation whereas G2 denotes generation 2 and the blu-ray generation at least that's my understanding of the naming convention

Nintendo just had to go and screw it up :hammer: