PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Infinite Songbird Plushie Preorder

blingaling
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2w6b19e.jpg

https://store.irrationalgames.com/Product.aspx?pSKU=2K-INF-SBPLUSH&vSKU=2K-INF-SBPLUSH

Get em while they're regular price!

vhal_x
05-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Is anyone from the UK preordering one of these, and able to preorder one for me? It says it authorizes your card, but doesn't take funds until release, but I've got rent to pay tomorrow XD xx

Matt16
05-06-2013, 10:36 PM
Is anyone from the UK preordering one of these, and able to preorder one for me? It says it authorizes your card, but doesn't take funds until release, but I've got rent to pay tomorrow XD xx

I'll have a go

Matt16
05-06-2013, 10:51 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate their site, it never works for me :(

I've tired two cards, both have credit but neither will work :(

StayFree( ' 3')
05-06-2013, 11:28 PM
order placed. :D

flatout
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Was just coming to post this.. ;)

I don't like it that much... although it is JUST like the in-game one but I like the one Anna made much better.

Dreamcazman
05-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Fark - $63 shipping! Piss off. :banghead:

blingaling
05-06-2013, 11:48 PM
Seriously? Oh man that sucks.

flatout
05-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah I am not getting one... too expensive and I just don't like it that much.

StayFree( ' 3')
05-07-2013, 12:04 AM

@_@ ...for shipping alone??

vhal_x
05-07-2013, 01:07 AM
No worries matt, thanks for trying :)

If anyone else in the UK is preordering one and can get a second preordered for me, please let me know :D xx

Mancoon
05-07-2013, 05:41 AM
I pre ordered one, they say they will release in September, do you think pre orders will be taken until then since they don't mention a production number. I've liked this plush since it appeared in the truth from fiction video and am glad they released it, just hoping they dont produce a million. What are your guys thoughts about the production of this?

Dreamcazman
05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
@_@ ...for shipping alone??
Yeah, check for yourself (just choose Australia)

DHL express, only option. I don't need it that quickly. :nea:

Deathhound
05-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Yeah, I always had the high shipping costs there, too.

But 60 $ - wow.

Knight
05-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, check for yourself (just choose Australia)

DHL express, only option. I don't need it that quickly. :nea:

Yeah happens every time. I've had postage over $100 before!

For Australians..is it worth having one person put the order in and re sending on? I wonder how many of us there are?

Clusks
05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm from the UK too and it won't accept my debit card =(

Can anyone help out here? Really want one of these!

nipperkipper
05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
No worries matt, thanks for trying :)

If anyone else in the UK is preordering one and can get a second preordered for me, please let me know :D xx

I will pre order an extra for you. My card has been accepted, its a debit card so im not sure why others are having issues

flatout
05-07-2013, 10:50 PM
Usually it works if you use the card through PayPal instead of directly at the Irrational site... hope this helps ;)

nipperkipper
05-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Usually it works if you use the card through PayPal instead of directly at the Irrational site... hope this helps ;)

The only thing with this is the payment will likely go through now rather than at dispatch

mistwalker
05-08-2013, 12:09 AM
These are being made by NECA exclusively for the Irrational Store. NECA is pretty active on their Twitter account, so if someone wanted to contact them about production quantities or how long preorders will be available it might be worth a try.

vhal_x
05-08-2013, 12:29 AM
I will pre order an extra for you. My card has been accepted, its a debit card so im not sure why others are having issues

Thank youuuu :D xx

Spurs1989
05-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Just ordered 1 and a couple of lithographs as well to make it worth while :)

Clusks
05-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Might be missing something obvious, but how do I do this? It only comes up with the option of credit card on the checkout.

bazzaffc
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Might be missing something obvious, but how do I do this? It only comes up with the option of credit card on the checkout.

They have taken away the paypal option when pre ordering the plushie. Im guessing as they will only take payment when it ships where as paypal will take the money right away.

I had an issue getting it ordered as have only used paypal in the past, I kept trying and it went through in the end!

HIPPEEDUDE
05-09-2013, 06:07 AM
Fark me,again i hate the damn shipping fro the US. One is $60 bucks to send & to get 3 of them sent is $141 in postage,almost the same cost as buying 3. This is damn ridiculous,not even a group buy of the bloody things makes any sense:(

Clusks
05-09-2013, 08:35 AM
They have taken away the paypal option when pre ordering the plushie. Im guessing as they will only take payment when it ships where as paypal will take the money right away.

I had an issue getting it ordered as have only used paypal in the past, I kept trying and it went through in the end!

You kept trying your debit card?

If so, might give that ago tonight in the hope I can get it through.

But as previously mentioned, if anyone else from the UK is able to get one I'm happy to give the money up front for it!

Cosmic_Link
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
I too have been having trouble using any of my cards on the irrational store! >.< 3 different cards, all saying could not authorise payment. >.<

bazzaffc
05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
You kept trying your debit card?

If so, might give that ago tonight in the hope I can get it through.

But as previously mentioned, if anyone else from the UK is able to get one I'm happy to give the money up front for it!

Yes kept trying my credit card and it went through, I did email them (support@2k.com) and they said there wasn't a problem but as soon as I tried again it worked fine??

Ah sorry I had already ordered mine before I saw your message about ordering you one, sorry about that!

Matt16
05-09-2013, 12:10 PM
I too have been having trouble using any of my cards on the irrational store! >.< 3 different cards, all saying could not authorise payment. >.<

Same here, 4 cards and its a no go and there is a shit load of credit on them. I've given up now, if they can't make their site work, they can bollocks!!

asiak75
05-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Guys,

Please see below as i opened a request to 2K on the issue with payments...

Jae G, May 08 09:08 (PDT):
Hello,
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our store site.
We have added your email address to our white list.
Please try to submit your order again and let us know the outcome.
Thank you,
2K Support

May 07 07:43 (PDT):
I tried several time with CC that have funds and was unable to pre-order the plushie. Can you please explain as this is not the first time it happens and I experienced the same with the Mind in Revolt book!!!
Error: Sorry, we were unable to authorize payment with the provided payment information

Open a request and get them to add your email as stated above.

Clusks
05-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Guys,

Please see below as i opened a request to 2K on the issue with payments...

Jae G, May 08 09:08 (PDT):
Hello,
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with our store site.
We have added your email address to our white list.
Please try to submit your order again and let us know the outcome.
Thank you,
2K Support

May 07 07:43 (PDT):
I tried several time with CC that have funds and was unable to pre-order the plushie. Can you please explain as this is not the first time it happens and I experienced the same with the Mind in Revolt book!!!
Error: Sorry, we were unable to authorize payment with the provided payment information

Open a request and get them to add your email as stated above.

Hmmm, so you need to go onto a list if you're from outside of the US...

Thanks for this though, will try it tonight and see if it will work!

LegendaryChopChop
05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
Man... definitely not interested in that plushie. I "get" what they were going for, but talk about underwhelming. I was hoping for a Songbird plushie similar to the ones in the actual game. Talk about disappointing, especially for that price.

Clusks
05-10-2013, 08:24 AM
Right, I gave them an email and they put me on the white list.

At first it didn't work, but I've just come into work and gave it a go today and it's went through.

They're quite quick at responding to emails.

bazzaffc
05-10-2013, 08:38 AM
Right, I gave them an email and they put me on the white list.

At first it didn't work, but I've just come into work and gave it a go today and it's went through.

They're quite quick at responding to emails.

Is really strange they need to do that, when I have used them before I just used PayPal and it works fine!

Glad you managed to get one ordered mate!

Clusks
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Is really strange they need to do that, when I have used them before I just used PayPal and it works fine!

Glad you managed to get one ordered mate!

When you go on the normal 2k store and try to order things, it offers Paypal. It is a little strange, maybe it's just a minor error with the website.

bazzaffc
05-10-2013, 01:05 PM
When you go on the normal 2k store and try to order things, it offers Paypal. It is a little strange, maybe it's just a minor error with the website.

I just assumed they removed the paypal option as this is a pre order item so they will take the money when its released where as paypal would take the money right away!

flatout
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Man... definitely not interested in that plushie. I "get" what they were going for, but talk about underwhelming. I was hoping for a Songbird plushie similar to the ones in the actual game. Talk about disappointing, especially for that price.

That is a replica of the ones in the game if I am not mistaken.

But they look crappy.

Mancoon
05-10-2013, 06:04 PM
I think it looks awesome, it's a replica of the one in stores and fits with the video released about Columbia. The truth from fiction videos where Columbian artifacts are found in the mountains. If neca is doing these I expect them to be good quality as the coraline plush and others they have done are great. It's unique, would you rather it look like a beanie baby.

flatout
05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
I think it looks awesome, it's a replica of the one in stores and fits with the video released about Columbia. The truth from fiction videos where Columbian artifacts are found in the mountains. If neca is doing these I expect them to be good quality as the coraline plush and others they have done are great. It's unique, would you rather it look like a beanie baby.

No I would rather it be a fairly limited edition and look like this:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8392/8619849662_1040b64fb9_z.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8124/8618611533_ace3e17bb2.jpg

Comparison:

http://i43.tinypic.com/106admp.jpg

I don't care what anyone says... this one that Anna made is FAR better looking to the NECA one... period. One was made by a single person the other a company...

nipperkipper
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
I must be weird but i like the black version better, genuinely

flatout
05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
I must be weird but i like the black version better, genuinely

Your not weird... just have different taste is all. I bet there are members that would agree with either of us.

StayFree( ' 3')
05-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Comparison:

http://i43.tinypic.com/106admp.jpg

ooh gawd noo!!...the Anna one looks more like an anteater in a 1800s merchant outfit.

gu8
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
disgusting things

SwiftDeath
05-10-2013, 09:01 PM
IMO none of them look like the songbird due to the coloring

LegendaryChopChop
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM
That is a replica of the ones in the game if I am not mistaken.

But they look crappy.

I suppose it's possible they were in the game, but these are the ones I remember from the game and thinking were pretty cool. It definitely doesn't look the same color, at least.

http://i.imgur.com/J0OTMyw.jpg

Mancoon
05-13-2013, 03:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkMjLxMxR-A&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think it looks pretty cool from the video here, better than the screen shot on the website, it's about 47-48 seconds in.