PDA

View Full Version : Hi

TrevDX
05-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Just a quick hello :wave:

I'm not an avid collector of games any more due to real life (though worse than many friends) but enjoy finding some retro games in good condition that can't be passed up :bananayes:

I've been reading the board for a few days and some of these collections are nuts (in a very cool way).

Trev

SwiftDeath
05-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Well met friend

:welcome:

Retro stuff doesn't get enough showcase on these boards :)

What consoles do you collect for?

Gazereths
05-08-2013, 09:53 PM
Hey Trev welcome to the site. :D :D

Got any pics of your retro stuff?

TrevDX
05-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Hi.

Mainly stuff I can remember :roll:

I'm 32 so it's mainly Sega & Nintendo consoles (Master System & NES onwards) and always looking for boxed, complete games as I can only hope they'll continue to gain value ;)

SwiftDeath
05-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Hi.

Mainly stuff I can remember :roll:

I'm 32 so it's mainly Sega & Nintendo consoles (Master System & NES onwards) and always looking for boxed, complete games as I can only hope they'll continue to gain value ;)

Cool so what would you consider to be the gem of your collection?

Your favorite piece/game etc.

And what's your favorite game?

TrevDX
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
My retro collection, with regards to valuable items, is a work in progress as most of the consoles were mine but when you're younger you don't realise that packaging was important :shrug: I do have a NES and Saturn both boxed in original packaging that aren't in too bad condition.

Also recently got a boxed copy of Zelda A Link to the Past for under ?20 which I was happy about and a copy of Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast that is mint and again was under ?20.

I have a few CE's from recent games including GoW Ultimate Trilogy (opened but never used), Fallout 3 & New Vegas, Skyrim, Dead Space 2 and others but none of the press kits that seem popular here.

Unfortunately most of my retro stuff is boxed and away at the moment due to work going on at the house but I'll get some pictures of recent acquisitions and stuff in reaching distance soon.

My favourite series???

Current gen stuff it would be Fallout, I love 3 & New Vegas so much that I've just finished Fallout 3 again on PC (probably 3rd or 4th time) and am going to start New Vegas again as soon as time allows. Here's hoping for an announcement on Fallout 4 soon :notworthy:

Retro would probably be Mario, just timeless and I could quite happily still play SMB1-3 and World today and not care what they look like they are just fun.

Favourite Piece? Some signed Valve goodies (posters, book, mouse mat) gotta love Gabe and co even if they do work on their own time zone ;)

SwiftDeath
05-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Wow great collection :)

I'm not too familiar on retro stuff except to say I know how important original packaging is on value/rarity etc.

I love the Fallout series as well :D

Both the new reboot (3 and New Vegas) as well as the originals (1 & 2)

The valve stuff sounds really cool

Were they signed at a convention or did you get them from the valve store?

Matt16
05-08-2013, 10:36 PM
:welcome:

You've got some good stuff there!! Skies of Arcadia is fantastic!!

ZeeAussie
05-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Welcome fella, hope you enjoy your stay.

Retro gaming still kicks on with me, really do enjoy when I get out my SNES or Dreamcast or whatever takes me fancy to have a game or two on. Glad to see some more retro lovers out there :beer:

Sand4fish
05-09-2013, 02:55 AM
I do collect retro games as well! So you are not alone! My first console was the sega genesis with all its blast processing glory! Lol