PDA

View Full Version : Movie Steelbooks at Walmart

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Hey everyone.

First, I would like to apologize if this does not fit in here.
Mods please do what you must. (Just let me know :D?)

So I was at walmart the other day and for some reason they had this display of a few steelbooks and stickerbooks it seems.

http://i.imgur.com/SYOVvvG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oYhJBEZ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AwoRFjm.jpg

I'm not sure how rare/good these are.
Anyone know anymore about them?

All movies (I checked about half and then I stopped) are in a steelbook/stickerbook in this display.

Twisted
05-11-2013, 04:34 AM
I would not call the batman ones rare...those were all over best buy last year as there "exclusives"..now they show up at wal mart....imagine how many wal marts there are...in my city..we have 32 locations.....so rare definitely there not.

Madigan
05-11-2013, 04:46 AM
Games are slowly going that way (or I think we're already there with all the variants :D), goodbye money :suicide:

SwiftDeath
05-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Yep there are only a select few blu ray steel collectors who play at getting them all as there are so damn many blu ray steels especially if you include variants

And VG steels are starting to get like that too

Very common to release a steel with an AAA title nowadays

Xmo
05-11-2013, 06:02 AM
so many steelbooks!!! will check out my local walmart tomorrow :drool:
you think those are from unsold bestbuys? what are the price points?

Xmo
05-11-2013, 06:22 AM
jesus christ! its only 12 bucks :D
I'll be the first in line before they open :rotf:

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 06:23 AM
Haha I guess if all walmarts have this, then yes, it's basically an unlimited supply lol.

Video game steels now a days seem so abundant!
so many steelbooks!!! will check out my local walmart tomorrow :drool:
you think those are from unsold bestbuys? what are the price points?

Well they are marked at 12.99, which is ok for some but not all.
I wonder if they are. I remember seeing both Clash & Wrath of the Titans at BB before.

Xmo
05-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Haha I guess if all walmarts have this, then yes, it's basically an unlimited supply lol.

Video game steels now a days seem so abundant!

Well they are marked at 12.99, which is ok for some but not all.
I wonder if they are. I remember seeing both Clash & Wrath of the Titans at BB before.

I just check the website and damn I would never have imagined walmart selling steelbooks in a millions years... my friend are drooling right now lol. and since this is walmart, I could foresee that the price would be around 5 bucks on sale days :D
The only thing I want is Saving Private Ryan, good thing I waited for that, was about to pay 30 bucks for one

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 06:39 AM
I just check the website and damn I would never have imagined walmart selling steelbooks in a millions years... my friend are drooling right now lol. and since this is walmart, I could foresee that the price would be around 5 bucks on sale days :D
The only thing I want is Saving Private Ryan, good thing I waited for that, was about to pay 30 bucks for one

Haha yeah!

I took this picture on wednesday I believe.
I just didn't get around to uploading it until today.

Let me know what you find!

I could always grab you one

Xmo
05-11-2013, 06:42 AM
haha thanks if I don't see the SPR I'll ask :)
I think I'll be running to the electronic section like a lunatic

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 06:45 AM
haha thanks if I don't see the SPR I'll ask :)
I think I'll be running to the electronic section like a lunatic

When I saw this..I felt like I was in a futureshop or something lol.

If only all of those were VG steelbooks

Xmo
05-11-2013, 06:48 AM
When I saw this..I felt like I was in a futureshop or something lol.

If only all of those were VG steelbooks

this is a major happening to be honest, it don't see why not they shouldn't stock on vg steelbooks but bestbuy never really sold vg steelbooks though

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 06:53 AM
this is a major happening to be honest, it don't see why not they shouldn't stock on vg steelbooks but bestbuy never really sold vg steelbooks though

That's true.

Well Walmart should buy all the ones that go on clearance at FS :D

Haha I'm sure for movie steelbook collectors, this is amazing. And someone who wants to start, since the price point is pretty good!

But yeah, hit me up in case you need any of the ones you see there.

As long as it's still available, I don't mind helping a fellow member out!

vhal_x
05-11-2013, 08:34 AM
I would not call the batman ones rare...those were all over best buy last year as there "exclusives"..now they show up at wal mart....imagine how many wal marts there are...in my city..we have 32 locations.....so rare definitely there not.

Those batman steelbooks are actually a new release. If you look carefully at Batman Begins you'll see it's artwork is different from previously released steelbooks, however there doesn't seem to be much (if any) difference for TDK. I'm getting both (hopefully) in June, so will be able to compare TDK one to my older copy xx

Xmo
05-11-2013, 09:43 PM
Took me 1 hour to decide what to get. I'm only suppose to get saving private but my friend talked me into getting transformers and braveheart aswell but not really a fan of those so I'll just return it and get something else

LyricalOne
05-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Took me 1 hour to decide what to get. I'm only suppose to get saving private but my friend talked me into getting transformers and braveheart aswell but not really a fan of those so I'll just return it and get something else

Glad to hear they had it as well! :bananayes:

I'm really really thinking of going back and getting both Clash/Wrath of the titans..lol

Xmo
05-12-2013, 05:04 AM

thats a shitload of walmarts, what city are you in?

LyricalOne
05-14-2013, 10:18 PM
thats a shitload of walmarts, what city are you in?

Yeah I kind of want to know as well.

CheapAssassin
05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
Hmmm this is bad. So tempting..

vhal_x
05-16-2013, 10:10 AM
They're all available from Amazon too, but with a release date of June 25th. So you could always preorder some :shrug: Saves you from buying right now. Don't really see them selling out tbh xx

StayFree( ' 3')
05-16-2013, 11:11 AM
lol. it's times like these I'm happy I don't collect steels.

LyricalOne
05-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Hmmm this is bad. So tempting..

Haha I don't collect movie SB's but this is very tempting nonetheless. Just seeing all of those there, waiting to be picked lol...

They're all available from Amazon too, but with a release date of June 25th. So you could always preorder some :shrug: Saves you from buying right now. Don't really see them selling out tbh xx

Oh Vhal has a good point.
Helps spread out the damage to your wallet lol

LyricalOne
07-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Just found these at Best Buy yesterday. Price seems to be cheaper than Walmart. They also had SuckerPunch which I had not seen in a while

http://i.imgur.com/dFfHtfK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zmouupy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qrk3gks.jpg

evilvort3x
07-08-2013, 06:12 PM
how much is sucker punch mate

LyricalOne
07-08-2013, 06:15 PM
how much is sucker punch mate

10 bucks bud.
Plus tax still less than $11 lol.

do you need one?