PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Store Limited Steelbook?

comaamen86
05-11-2013, 08:13 PM
http://www.amazon.fr/Jack-Reacher-Bo%C3%AEtier-sp%C3%A9ciale-Amazon-fr/dp/B00B5UF5ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368299318&sr=8-1&keywords=jack+reacher

right the one on preorder at amazon france what is the difference between this and the entertainment store one that is going for stupid money on ebay?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ZNrPgIhFL._SX385_.jpg
amazon france
seller description
**This is the French Edition of this Steelbook, It is the exact same in every way and detail to the UK edition and has no foreign text on the front it will have french writing on the rear j-card and is Region B coded so will work with all English players** The item is due for release on 22/5 and orders will ship shortly afterwards for this item, It will be sent recorded delivery in well packed box for safe delivery for buyers, Why pay over the odds for a UK one when the French issue is the exact same?

comaamen86
05-11-2013, 08:22 PM
and gi joe as well

http://www.amazon.de/G-I-Joe-Abrechnung-Steelbook-Amazon/dp/B00COKOXPW/ref=sr_1_17?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1368300059&sr=1-17&keywords=edition

added bonus euro versions are triple play

nipperkipper
05-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Designs are the same but language on the back card is different. Also the UK versions will have the bbfc logo and the euro ones do not.

Small differences some may say but collectors can be picky - hence why prices are high for the UK versions

comaamen86
05-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Designs are the same but language on the back card is different. Also the UK versions will have the bbfc logo and the euro ones do not.

Small differences some may say but collectors can be picky - hence why prices are high for the UK versions

i suppose personally i could never be that picky the main thing for me is the steel

nipperkipper
05-11-2013, 09:02 PM
i suppose personally i could never be that picky the main thing for me is the steel

I can understand that. Imagine however you have a collection of every UK version steelbook sealed and getting a non UK version just ruins the collection. I admit i have paid extra for a UK version steelbook compared to a Euro same design but certainly nothing near the likes of Jack Reacher. Perhaps one day i might find one at a decent price.

comaamen86
05-11-2013, 09:06 PM
I can understand that. Imagine however you have a collection of every UK version steelbook sealed and getting a non UK version just ruins the collection. I admit i have paid extra for a UK version steelbook compared to a Euro same design but certainly nothing near the likes of Jack Reacher. Perhaps one day i might find one at a decent price.

i see where you are coming from i am still mythed though as it is not as limited as t is made out to be, if 2000 they should clearly 2000 uk copies not just limited to 2000 like gi joe one

nipperkipper
05-11-2013, 09:08 PM
True limited editions are becoming rarer, especially in the steelbook market. Studios and distributors have clocked on - there is money to be made and Scanavo are more than happy to comply

comaamen86
05-11-2013, 09:17 PM
True limited editions are becoming rarer, especially in the steelbook market. Studios and distributors have clocked on - there is money to be made and Scanavo are more than happy to comply

seems the way now, and games although you get a limited run like koa but they want big money for it