PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Blacklist (XBOX 360/PS3) - Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook.

biscuitnoir
05-14-2013, 08:25 PM
Splinter Cell: Blacklist (XBOX 360/PS3) - Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook.

Size: G1

Release date: 08/20/2013

Pre-Order: here (http://www.futureshop.ca/Search/SearchResults.aspx?path=ca77b9b4beca91fe414314b86b b581f8en20&q=splinter%2520cell%2520blacklist&sp=FS_en-CA_Site-WideSP&Category=EntireSite&pcname=MCCPCatalog&AllowSecure=True)

web_slinger_62
08-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Looks like this is in store only
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/ubisoft-splinter-cell-blacklist-steelbook-case-future-shop-exclusive-99869/10259239.aspx

giantqtipz
08-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Is it the same as the zavvi steelbook??

Texas Fire
08-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Is it the same as the zavvi steelbook??Are the Zavvi steelbooks coming with the game or something? Never really been into steels that much, so I'm confused on what's the difference between a 360/PS3 Splinter Cell steel seen here (http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=Blacklist+steelbook)...

TF

JammedFlipper
08-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Are the Zavvi steelbooks coming with the game or something? Never really been into steels that much, so I'm confused on what's the difference between a 360/PS3 Splinter Cell steel seen here (http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=Blacklist+steelbook)...

TF

I'd say its the game that is the only difference. Sometimes the difference could be a G1 steelbook for 360 and a G2 steelbook for PS3. I believe this steel is only coming out G1 tho.

Texas Fire
08-19-2013, 11:29 PM
I'd say its the game that is the only difference. Sometimes the difference could be a G1 steelbook for 360 and a G2 steelbook for PS3. I believe this steel is only coming out G1 tho.So if they're both G1, would there be a difference between 360/PS3 if NO game actually came with it? Steel collecting is new as hell for me...

TF

Vertigo
08-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Picked up the game with steelbook over lunch.

From a quick glance, the steelbook is different than the Zavvi one and the UK CE editions ( 5th freedom silver and regular version).

It's a closeup of Sam Fisher's face and is G1-sized ( I didn't see any other version/sizes around ).

I don't have the ability to post a picture at the moment ... but will try to do so later ( unless someone else posts a picture before then)

giantqtipz
08-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Please post pic. I have the zavvi one preordered, but if futureshops different, then i have a feeling that would be the rare one (since zavvis steelbook is also available in other countries across Europe?)

KidSupreme
08-20-2013, 06:56 PM
here is a picture
Sealed with barcode sticker outside

http://i41.tinypic.com/20f3itc.jpg

SwiftDeath
08-20-2013, 10:43 PM
here is a picture
Sealed with barcode sticker outside

http://i41.tinypic.com/20f3itc.jpg

Good to know

At least 3 different steels for this game then

Must be a Ubi game then

Mike1888
08-20-2013, 10:54 PM
That steelbook looks bad ass.

giantqtipz
08-20-2013, 11:06 PM
lol "must be an Ubi game"

Nice!

And thanks for the pic! Ill keep my zavvi preorder then. Not really digging this one

web_slinger_62
08-21-2013, 10:49 PM
I saw this in store, the spine is reversed though, gonna look weird on a shelf

Zaku77
08-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Any Canadian members selling these? I didn't notice anything in the group buy and for sale forums.

KidSupreme
08-22-2013, 03:20 PM
There is suppose to be someone from Montreal that does all the group buys.

I personal sell mine on ebay, but if a member needs one, let me know

DanielHamer
08-24-2013, 07:50 PM
I just bought one from a seller who says he's definitely sure that mine it is g2 sized... so I guess there are both sizes from these steel... I'll just wait till it's here to verify it.

KidSupreme
08-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Its G1 only.

Futureshop wouldnt make a G2 version for a Xbox exclusive game.

Mike1888
08-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I just bought one from a seller who says he's definitely sure that mine it is g2 sized... so I guess there are both sizes from these steel... I'll just wait till it's here to verify it.

I think I saw one for sale from the same seller that lists all those Mexico exclusive steelbooks. It wouldn't surprise me if like Crysis and Dead Space, Mexico got a G2 version of the FS steelbook.

Its G1 only.

Futureshop wouldnt make a G2 version for a Xbox exclusive game.

Are you talking about Splinter Cell Blacklist? Its on everything. Even Wii U.

KidSupreme
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
Haha I take that back.

My guy @ fs said there was only g1. I just sent a text to get confirmation.

Odds are the steelbook you saw from Mexico, they had some nice ones for dead space and crysis

Mike1888
08-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Unless the seller is lying to me, this is what you want to buy if you'd like a G2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130974382153

DanielHamer
08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
yeah i bought one from this seller...

sawada
08-25-2013, 02:03 AM
Unless the seller is lying to me, this is what you want to buy if you'd like a G2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130974382153

This link are G2 sized?

Mike1888
08-25-2013, 02:49 AM
This link are G2 sized?

According to the seller, yes.

Lemur
08-25-2013, 03:59 AM
From what I know there is no G2 for this.

sawada
08-25-2013, 03:56 PM
According to the seller, yes.

this link is G1 sized,confirmed

King Peter
08-25-2013, 10:11 PM
The game doesn't really sell here, kinda surprised. Probably 20 steelbooks left at my FS :P

Redmagster
08-28-2013, 11:55 PM
There are at least 4 steels for this...

The standard CE steel
The silver edition silvered steel
The Zavvi exclusive
The Futureshop exclusive

As far as I can confirm so at all are G1

Zaku77
08-28-2013, 11:58 PM

The standard CE steel
The Zavvi exclusive
The Futureshop exclusive

As far as I was aware there are only 3.

+ The Futureshop Steel
+ The Zavvi steel (I think also released in Czech Republic?)
+ The one from the EU CEs and that was released in Germany and Poland many months ago with his hand holding the goggles

Edit: Nevermind. I see the Silver one now. Lovely. There's one more bloody thing to get!

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:01 AM
As far as I was aware there are only 3.

+ The Futureshop Steel
+ The Zavvi steel (I think also released in Czech Republic?)
+ The one from the EU CEs and that was released in Germany and Poland many months ago with his hand holding the goggles

Nope...

The silver edition has a silvered version of the steelbook and the artwork is entirely different...

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Here you go...

Silvered..

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Redmagster/image_zps1ab7a24f.jpg (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Redmagster/media/image_zps1ab7a24f.jpg.html)

And standard 5th freedom

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Redmagster/image_zps1d162382.jpg (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Redmagster/media/image_zps1d162382.jpg.html)

Vertigo
08-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Thanks Mags for the pictures of the silver/regular CE edition steelbooks ... it looks like there is a material difference between the two

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:20 AM
Thanks Mags for the pictures of the silver/regular CE edition steelbooks ... it looks like there is a material difference between the two

No problem

I originally thought it was going to be a colour variant only - it actually looked monochrome on product shots - but it is completely diff artwork

Very diff to the AC3 steel variants ( preorder v freedom )

patcrazystar64
08-29-2013, 12:27 AM
Sigh... I like the Silver Edition steelbook but I liked the regular CE statue better...

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:29 AM
Sigh... I like the Silver Edition steelbook but I liked the regular CE statue better...

Totally with you...

This evening I have unboxed both and prefer the standard figure. The silvered version somehow looks cheaper...

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I can't decide if I want to get the silver steel sans the rest of the CE. I'm planning on having my Zavvi copy be my "CE" of the game, but now I'm not confident I'll even be receiving that.

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:30 AM
I can't decide if I want to get the silver steel sans the rest of the CE. I'm planning on having my Zavvi copy be my "CE" of the game, but now I'm not confident I'll even be receiving that.

What's up with your Zavvi order??

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:32 AM
What's up with your Zavvi order??

I, and others on this forum, have them in awaiting stock hell. They've sent multiple emails detailing that they have an issue with receiving them from the manufacturer and will try to ship them as soon as they can. The only ones on ebay were up before it evne came out (presales, obviously) and I've seen no unboxings of the Zavvi edition. I wonder if anyone has actually received one.

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:35 AM
I, and others on this forum, have them in awaiting stock hell. They've sent multiple emails detailing that they have an issue with receiving them from the manufacturer and will try to ship them as soon as they can. The only ones on ebay were up before it evne came out (presales, obviously) and I've seen no unboxings of the Zavvi edition. I wonder if anyone has actually received one.

Is that the ultimatum edition sans steelbook plus watch or the steelbook edition??

SwiftDeath
08-29-2013, 12:36 AM

Hmm well as the same steelbook exists in the wild elsewhere I doubt it's a problem with the steelbook

Perhaps putting the game in, making the slipcover and sealing it are handled by someone other than scanovo?

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Hmm well as the same steelbook exists in the wild elsewhere I doubt it's a problem with the steelbook

Perhaps putting the game in, making the slipcover and sealing it are handled by someone other than scanovo?

That is entirely possible. Unfortunately, that is what ultimately differentiates that as a special edition, rather than just a pre-order steelbook, so that's an important and defining factor for me. I will continue waiting, but I certainly hope that something happens with it soon.

Is that the ultimatum edition sans steelbook plus watch or the steelbook edition??

It was marketed as the Zavvi exclusive steelbook edition. We are assuming it will have a slipcover, but it is not a part of any of the other EU tiers of CEs.

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:38 AM

If its the steelbook edition I don't get it....

It was delisted after preorder then reappeared... Why would it be listed for immediate sale if they have a fulfilment problem?!?

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:39 AM
That is entirely possible. Unfortunately, that is what ultimately differentiates that as a special edition, rather than just a pre-order steelbook, so that's an important and defining factor for me. I will continue waiting, but I certainly hope that something happens with it soon.

It was marketed as the Zavvi exclusive steelbook edition. We are assuming it will have a slipcover, but it is not a part of any of the other EU tiers of CEs.

The Amazon steelbooks are sealed if that helps...

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:39 AM
If its the steelbook edition I don't get it....

It was delisted after preorder then reappeared... Why would it be listed for immediate sale if they have a fulfilment problem?!?

If you look on the page, though, it still has the pre-order promise thing. I think it's just a wonky listing.

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:40 AM
The Amazon steelbooks are sealed if that helps...

Are those the ones with the picture of the goggles like from the CEs?

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:41 AM
If you look on the page, though, it still has the pre-order promise thing. I think it's just a wonky listing.

True... Did you want to keep it as a sealed edition since, if not, the steel is NOT Zavvi exclusive which may be part of the problem...

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Are those the ones with the picture of the goggles like from the CEs?

Yes that's the one but sealed with DLC inside...

SwiftDeath
08-29-2013, 12:42 AM
Yes that's the one but sealed with DLC inside...

Linkylink?

Swifty is curious

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:45 AM
True... Did you want to keep it as a sealed edition since, if not, the steel is NOT Zavvi exclusive which may be part of the problem...

I'm very, very anti-keeping things sealed, so that was not going to be my plan. I was just hoping that it would come in a slipcase or something and be a legitimate 'CE' rather than just another empty pre-order steelbook. I was hoping that because I would rather have a nice little steelbook CE than any of the other ones released for the game.

Linkylink?

Swifty is curious

They're all over ebay, too. eBay UK got a pretty big influx of them after the game launched. Mine came from Poland and was one of the pre-sale steels--and is taking forever--so I can't really compare what the difference is (DLC-wise). Mine was also sealed, though.

Vertigo
08-29-2013, 12:46 AM

The standard CE steel
The Zavvi exclusive
The Futureshop exclusive

Did anyone confirm if there is a G2 version of the "futureshop" steelbook ( which was only G1 in Canada )

SwiftDeath
08-29-2013, 12:49 AM
They're all over ebay, too. eBay UK got a pretty big influx of them after the game launched. Mine came from Poland and was one of the pre-sale steels--and is taking forever--so I can't really compare what the difference is (DLC-wise). Mine was also sealed, though.

Ah ok I thought you two were referring to a specific Amazon one

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:51 AM
Linkylink?

Swifty is curious

Here is a pc of mine (yup I'm a steel junkie.... :blush: )

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Redmagster/image_zps8e624f05.jpg (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Redmagster/media/image_zps8e624f05.jpg.html)

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Redmagster/image_zps46bd8cab.jpg (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Redmagster/media/image_zps46bd8cab.jpg.html)

And a link..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tom-Clancys-Splinter-Cell-Blacklist/dp/B0088OR53U/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1377733688&sr=8-7&keywords=splinter+cell+blacklist

And the steel is sealed with...
Limited Edition includes the full game plus a steelbook containing:

-A map of the conflict zone
-The following digital content

Exclusive Upper Echelon operational suit (5 armour pieces, with a unique visual and damage protection bonus)
Upper Echelon goggles. Simply put, they shine gold
A bonus mission

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:52 AM
Did anyone confirm if there is a G2 version of the "futureshop" steelbook ( which was only G1 in Canada )

Ill check in with my tex mex mate just in case....

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:52 AM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and grab the Silver steel. I don't want that bloody CE, and I'll hope that Zavvi comes through in the end to give me the nice, compact steelbook CE that I so desire. :3 lol

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 12:56 AM
I think I'm going to pull the trigger and grab the Silver steel. I don't want that bloody CE, and I'll hope that Zavvi comes through in the end to give me the nice, compact steelbook CE that I so desire. :3 lol

Do you really see the Zavvi one as a steelbook CE???

Surely it's just the steelbook (that you can get elsewhere) with the game inside...

At least the batman steelbook variants ad exclusive DLC??

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 12:59 AM
Do you really see the Zavvi one as a steelbook CE???

Surely it's just the steelbook (that you can get elsewhere) with the game inside...

At least the batman steelbook variants ad exclusive DLC??

We don't know. I'm assuming that it will come with a slipcase and what not to differentiate it. Or perhaps it will be like what was done with Gears Judgment where the steel and regular game will be put together in a jumbo slipcase and be called a limited edition on the package. I would be happy with either. I can't imagine they would send the game in just a blank steelbook without any of the 'game info' on it. Maybe it will be like the UK Gears 3 steel and have it printed right on the steel itself. We will hopefully find out soon!

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 01:05 AM
We don't know. I'm assuming that it will come with a slipcase and what not to differentiate it. Or perhaps it will be like what was done with Gears Judgment where the steel and regular game will be put together in a jumbo slipcase and be called a limited edition on the package. I would be happy with either. I can't imagine they would send the game in just a blank steelbook without any of the 'game info' on it. Maybe it will be like the UK Gears 3 steel and have it printed right on the steel itself. We will hopefully find out soon!

I hope you get what you are hoping for but I have my doubts... With a G1 steel only I am expecting a standard game cello wrapped with a steel... But hope I'm wrong ;)

Zaku77
08-29-2013, 01:05 AM
I hope you get what you are hoping for but I have my doubts... With a G1 steel only I am expecting a standard game cello wrapped with a steel... But hope I'm wrong ;)

Oh I really hope you are, too!!!!! lol :3

Redmagster
08-29-2013, 01:06 AM
Oh I really hope you are, too!!!!! lol :3

:shrug: ;) :beer: