PDA

View Full Version : NTSC Resident Evil 5: CE.

Skoolstah
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, so here's my dilemma. I live in Iceland and since the land is still on the brink of being bankrupt, they've made laws that people can't buy foreign currency unless they're going abroad and have to show their flight ticket at the bank. I don't have a credit card either, so that's double the frustration.

So here's my proposal: If someone can get me the US collector's edition of RE5, I can send something of equal worth instead. Would be like an old-school ware-trade.

Wares of equal worth would depend on availability, like the PAL collector's edition of Street Fighter IV or something of the sender's choosing. Just drop me a line if you guys are interested and I'll check if I can find the stuff you want.

twistedsymphony
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Did they make the Nissan 200sx in Iceland? if so I might be interested in trading for some used car parts.
http://www.dragtimes.com/images/12997-1995-Nissan-200SX.jpg

I have one of these (called the 240sx in the US) but there are a number of optional parts that were only available in Europe and Japan... is Iceland left hand drive (like Germany and the US) or right hand drive (like the UK and Japan)? that would determine a lot of what I would or wouldn't be interested in.

there's enough crap that I'd want from the European version of the car that could get you a dozen games at least :D

Skoolstah
02-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Iceland has left hand drive, but I doubt that car was ever sold here. :\
I'll check, though.

Skoolstah
02-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Searched at 7 different part sales and they all say it's nigh-impossible to find any parts for that car in Iceland. Sorry. :(

twistedsymphony
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
damn... that's too bad I've been trying to find a solid European LHD contact to send me parts.

I'd like to help you out but I can't really think of what I'd want in trade. I'm not too familiar with Iceland though.. what do you have there that we don't have here in the States?

Skoolstah
02-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Well... Want any Icelandic literature? :P

tossin
08-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Can Iceland get most PAL collector's editions of games? I've been looking for a few steelbook versions, but not only are they difficult to find, they are rarely shipped to US.

Not sure how it would work though, since it's tough to make sure each party goes through with the trade. Don't think delivery confirmation is available for international shipping.