PDA

View Full Version : Missing Edition (Not Yet Released) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Box

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Full Game Name: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Edition Name: Ultimate Box
Platform(s): ps3
Region(s): japan
Release Date: 11/21/2013
Price (RRP): 26 000 yen

Lightning Ultimate Box will include:

Final Fantasy XIII
Final game Fanstay XIII-2
game Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
special soundtrack
artowrki of the game
figure Lightning Play Arts
Special stand on board

http://bossbattlecoming.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/1.jpeg
http://bossbattlecoming.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/2.jpeg
http://bossbattlecoming.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/3.jpeg
http://bossbattlecoming.com.pl/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/4.jpeg

Lemur
06-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Throw in the earlier games to justify a higher price :taunt:

This looks classy tho. I like simple box designs :think:

nipperkipper
06-06-2013, 02:39 PM
Wow, that is mighty expensive for 3 games and a figure. Nice box aside, thats way too high

Letrico
06-06-2013, 04:20 PM
If it was 180 I would get it instantly. 300+ including shipped killed it

Matt16
06-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Ba'h, I need this but utterly loath FF13, the world is cruel :(

comaamen86
06-06-2013, 04:56 PM
final meh, never got along with the games like chocobos hough

rapister
06-06-2013, 07:24 PM
really didnt like Lightning to begin with...

Twisted
06-07-2013, 04:10 AM
I love the boxart...I wish this would of been released as a trilogy just like this..minus the figure..cut the price down.

melt
06-07-2013, 10:04 AM
I heard that there will be an English version coming out next year. Its that true?

Letrico
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I heard that there will be an English version coming out next year. Its that true?

For this collection? Most probably not but english release of the game yes

Sand4fish
06-08-2013, 02:50 PM
This edition will be sold out soon as it's exclusive to the SE store... The collection looks very classy as someone mentioned, and it might become even a grail for FF collector's in the future. But for that price tag, I could get a great press kit or two, or numerous CEs.

Letrico
11-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Unboxing by some random guy. This thing is HUGE.

l__wOULD5dA

Twisted
11-26-2013, 06:48 AM
what was the retail price for this?....whatever remains for sale on secondary markets..they are asking outrageous prices.

Letrico
11-26-2013, 07:00 AM
It was around 280 usd

Ryu Kazama
11-26-2013, 10:44 PM
What's the asking price for this nowadays? Wouldn't even have money to buy it until well after PS4.

It's a nice looking set for sure and definitely bigger than expected. Forgot Kai figures are much taller.

Letrico
11-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Its around $400 above now with at least $80 shipping

Ryu Kazama
11-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Steep indeed. Oh well.

Twisted
11-27-2013, 04:40 AM
the lowest I have seen is around $585 US to $697 US on ebay etc...I also read from a vendor that distributer were intentionally holding back stock from retailers to see "when and or If they can get more money from them"....and if that fails, then they will release them back to retailers to do as they see fit...I am talking about vendors who hoard them by buying in bulk and then go to major Japan game shops and try to wheel and deal on premium bases...so it drives up prices for everybody.

Letrico
11-27-2013, 05:03 AM
the lowest I have seen is around $585 US to $697 US on ebay etc...I also read from a vendor that distributer were intentionally holding back stock from retailers to see "when and or If they can get more money from them"....and if that fails, then they will release them back to retailers to do as they see fit...I am talking about vendors who hoard them by buying in bulk and then go to major Japan game shops and try to wheel and deal on premium bases...so it drives up prices for everybody.

That sucks. It make sense now why Japanese products price get hijacked to such outrageous prices.

Gazereths
11-30-2013, 08:24 PM
That's a thing of beauty, freaking huuuuge though. I especially like the soundtracks.

Gazereths
12-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Sorry for the DP :P

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_14/sp_1411_clip13.jpg

But is there REALLY no other collectors/limited/special edition for Lightning returns?

No EU or US edition?

I can't believe they would turn down an opportunity to make a few extra gill. They released multiple versions for 13 and 13-2.

Lightning00
12-03-2013, 04:28 AM
Sorry for the DP :P

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/southpark/vertical_video/season_14/sp_1411_clip13.jpg

But is there REALLY no other collectors/limited/special edition for Lightning returns?

No EU or US edition?

I can't believe they would turn down an opportunity to make a few extra gill. They released multiple versions for 13 and 13-2.

Agreed, I skipped out buying the JP one hoping they would release a CE for NA or EU ugh now I might have to look at after market for the JP CE :\

Twisted
12-03-2013, 04:42 AM
I heard from one of those japan import/export gaming websites that vendors are deliberately holding back on stock to see how far they can push prices up, and are shopping around retailers and resellers in japan/asia to see where they can get the most money...I bet right after the holidays they will be "back in stock" at about $100 cheaper than what they are asking right now....keep in mind, the lightning returns game had the WORST sales of the 3 final fantasy 13 games in Japan..everyones eyes is on PS4 and next gen, this game is getting overlooked...and interest is not as high as 1 would think...be patient, and watch the already jacked up inflated prices come down..keep in mind the suggested retail price from square enix is around US $260.00 ..if you pay more you are getting ripped off.

Twisted
12-03-2013, 04:43 AM
another cool product is the lightning returns Asian exclusive dual shock controller bundle...the game inside is NOT English..CHINESE only..but the controller looks really nice.

Lightning00
12-04-2013, 05:12 PM
I heard from one of those japan import/export gaming websites that vendors are deliberately holding back on stock to see how far they can push prices up, and are shopping around retailers and resellers in japan/asia to see where they can get the most money...I bet right after the holidays they will be "back in stock" at about $100 cheaper than what they are asking right now....keep in mind, the lightning returns game had the WORST sales of the 3 final fantasy 13 games in Japan..everyones eyes is on PS4 and next gen, this game is getting overlooked...and interest is not as high as 1 would think...be patient, and watch the already jacked up inflated prices come down..keep in mind the suggested retail price from square enix is around US $260.00 ..if you pay more you are getting ripped off.

Ooo how interesting.. alrighty I shall keep waiting to see if it drops

another cool product is the lightning returns Asian exclusive dual shock controller bundle...the game inside is NOT English..CHINESE only..but the controller looks really nice.

I was thinking of getting this but Im still debating since Im not too sure if I really want it

Likey
12-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I got this via Nin-Nin-Game and it arrived really quickly and in mint condition too, they packaged this really well with bubble wrap and I didn't get any dents or bruising on the box. :)

The contents is great, especially the special OST!!! Fortunately I pre-ordered it because now it is around 10,000 yen more than before.

I did have to pay another 3,000 yen on top of the original price of approx 33,000 because they didn't realise how big the box was.

I would say this is a definite buy if you like this series and a hardcore FF collector. Not sure if the price will go down or not, hard to say.

LyricalOne
12-06-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure if anyone already posted this somewhere else but :

PETITION FOR LIGHTNING RETURNS CE (http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/A_Collectors_or_Limited_Edition_for_LIGHTNING_RETU RNS_FINAL_FANTASY_XIII/?copy)

I'm not sure if it will work, or if it's too little too late, but eh, it's worth the try.

Likey
12-06-2013, 05:29 PM
It would be great if they did release a Crystal Edition and Limited Edition to go with the first two games.

I do have the Lightning Returns Ultimate Boxset but it makes sense for them to release another collectors edition of some kind.

I'm just glad they have a steelbook available as I have already pre-ordered for mine.

Twisted
12-07-2013, 12:23 AM
i love this idea..i went ahead and signed the petition

rapister
12-09-2013, 02:27 PM
i think they decided against it cus of all the negativity towards the first two....

plus all eyes on next gen and FF15..... but yeah i signed it. :v:

Madigan
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
i think they decided against it cus of all the negativity towards the first two....

plus all eyes on next gen and FF15..... but yeah i signed it. :v:

Agreed, this is a trilogy nobody wanted, it's selling less with each entry, I don't see the reason for another CE.

This game looks like a waifu simulator.

Twisted
12-10-2013, 03:50 AM
I actually bought that Japan Ultimate Lightning box for damn near 100% mark up when it was all said and done,...I felt robbed..but it is mostly out of stock and hard to find and get a hold off..but I wished I would of jumped on it sooner..i would of saved a bundle.

Twisted
02-03-2014, 05:30 AM
I am totally confused by this listing's bidding war...58 bids for the upcoming US edition of LR C.E. ....he or she ships in the US only..but it's already at over $140...any US person can buy this from the website of Digital River... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII-Collectors-Edition-Square-Enix-/251436373685?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a8ac696b5

Letrico
02-03-2014, 05:51 AM
Always happen. There is an Australia ebay seller that buys 20-30 of CEs that get relased and put them ebay for triple the price and he still have them after the release date and tons of them at local shops and online store. People still buy from him.

Sometimes people just like to spend money or just like to bid.

LyricalOne
02-03-2014, 07:44 AM
Always happen. There is an Australia ebay seller that buys 20-30 of CEs that get relased and put them ebay for triple the price and he still have them after the release date and tons of them at local shops and online store. People still buy from him.

Sometimes people just like to spend money or just like to bid.

A lot of people are just not well informed and have money to burn...spend. Basically, if they like it, they buy it.

They are paying the upcharge for the ease of not having to "search" for the item any further.

That, and deal with Digital River :poke: :haha: