PDA

View Full Version : The Extinct 8GB Wii-U

Texas Fire
06-09-2013, 08:46 PM
There are reports the white basic 8gb Wii U has or will go away. In honesty, I don't know why Nintendo released an 8gb to begin with. Anywho, brief article here (http://kotaku.com/more-proof-that-the-wii-u-basic-is-about-to-go-extinct-512129127?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow)...
Do you think the 8gb will eventually go up in value due to this, or no?

TF

HIPPEEDUDE
06-10-2013, 04:51 AM
May go up in value if new.sealed but only after a few years have passed & only then its a maybe,but all things are possible. You may have to get a few games as well to sweeten the re-sale value

Dreamcazman
06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Doubt very much it'll increase in value, who in their right mind would want one?

HIPPEEDUDE
06-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Doubt very much it'll increase in value, who in their right mind would want one?

Well i did say maybe,there is as always no gurantee for anything. Think about it though,i bet you all the people that through away their Sega Dreamcasts,their N64 or even the humble Gamecubes are kicking themselves now when they see what they can go for. I have spoken to some sellers of such items & they really didnt expect it to sell for what they have. I have also had some who said they kick themselves when they remember they threw the original box away thinking its just cardboard & not worth worrying about only to realise they could in some cases have doubled their money simply because they have the original box. One major bonus is the bloody thing wont have to be online every 24 bloody hours so you can play a damn game when you feel like it:D

Matt16
06-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I don't see what's wrong with the 8GB to be honest :shrug: its the 32GB I thought was the most pointless. Both hard drives are to small to be of any use for anything other than the Operating System so you'll need an external drive regardless so why pay more for the 32?

Anyway, like Karl said, in years to come it might be worth more once its replaced by the next generations as alot of system do but initially I would expect the price to come down. Its got more chance of increasing if it doesn't end up selling that well.

Madigan
06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Is there a difference between the 8gb and the 32gb consoles? (appart from the memory)

Matt16
06-10-2013, 04:00 PM
Is there a difference between the 8gb and the 32gb consoles? (appart from the memory)

Possibly the colour but other than that no

geralds
06-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Yes the larger harddrive the colot and free game comes with the 32 gb moddle

Twisted
06-11-2013, 04:54 AM
I have read that Nintendo is started to build 32 GB white wii u as of now..first headed for the Japanese market..they are just planning on upgrading the 8GB to 32GB ..keeping both colors black and white..so essentialy no the 8GB won't be worth anything special as the white model will still be available for sale but with a bigger capacity of 32GB.

Dreamcazman
06-12-2013, 07:28 AM
Well i did say maybe,there is as always no gurantee for anything. Think about it though,i bet you all the people that through away their Sega Dreamcasts,their N64 or even the humble Gamecubes are kicking themselves now when they see what they can go for. I have spoken to some sellers of such items & they really didnt expect it to sell for what they have. I have also had some who said they kick themselves when they remember they threw the original box away thinking its just cardboard & not worth worrying about only to realise they could in some cases have doubled their money simply because they have the original box. One major bonus is the bloody thing wont have to be online every 24 bloody hours so you can play a damn game when you feel like it:D
That's only if they're brand new, old used systems very rarely increase unless they're something super special and/or rare.

Used Gamecubes for example go for $20-$30 at best.

HIPPEEDUDE
06-13-2013, 12:40 AM
That's only if they're brand new, old used systems very rarely increase unless they're something super special and/or rare.

Used Gamecubes for example go for $20-$30 at best.

I disagree. Consoles are something i keep an eye on as i collect some variations of them. One example is standard Gamecube,no box with 4 boring games at $60 with a few days to go. So,they still can go for a reasonable dollar. The really rare or even the special ones i have seen sell for around $150-$300 in their boxes & dependent on what they are such as Zelda or Resident Evil. N64 console are around the $100 mark(occasionally less)with a few games,more if they have original box etc.

Dreamcazman
06-13-2013, 06:23 AM
I just tried to sell my boxed NTSC Gamecube with 18 games on ebay, starting bid $300, no takers. :(

vhal_x
06-13-2013, 10:43 AM
At a starting bid of $300, hardly anyone will touch it. But if it were to start at $0.99, then sometimes a bidding frenzy can push it that high. But if they start really high, it's extremely offputting, even if you might have paid that or higher in a bidding war, plus I assume yours isn't an LE one? Just a normal boxed one? That will prevent it from reaching a price that high, too xx

Matt16
06-13-2013, 10:57 AM
At a starting bid of $300, hardly anyone will touch it. But if it were to start at $0.99, then sometimes a bidding frenzy can push it that high. But if they start really high, it's extremely offputting, even if you might have paid that or higher in a bidding war, plus I assume yours isn't an LE one? Just a normal boxed one? That will prevent it from reaching a price that high, too xx

How weird is it that I was about to write pretty much the exact same thing :lol:

vhal_x
06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
How weird is it that I was about to write pretty much the exact same thing :lol:

Great minds... :haha: xx

Dreamcazman
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm always a bit cautious of starting an auction so low, knowing my luck it'll sell for a pittance.

I've decided to split the contents up and sell separately, will probably get more in the end anyway.

kittychloe
06-13-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm always a bit cautious of starting an auction so low, knowing my luck it'll sell for a pittance.

I've decided to split the contents up and sell separately, will probably get more in the end anyway.

as long as your willing to export, i don't know many aussies that will buy US GC games