View Full Version : Jak & Daxter figure by GamingHeads

MortalMonday
06-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Teaser video just went up:

cH9PUt9z_oQ

I believe pre-orders go up tomorrow!

Dr_Jengo
06-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Cool, no interest in this particular one but on their FB page, it says this is part of a Sony All Stars range so I will be keeping tabs on them to see what others they come out with

Radeontser
06-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Pre-orders up now for those interested

vhal_x
06-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Preordered both versions within seconds after they went live. Hope I get a really low number :D xx

nipperkipper
06-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Preordered both versions within seconds after they went live. Hope I get a really low number :D xx

I only ordered the exclusive, lets see how low our numbers are

BTW both versions? are you going to have space to sleep in your home soon?:lmao:

SwiftDeath
06-21-2013, 09:03 PM

I take it gamingheads doesn't take money on pre-order?

vhal_x
:haha: Yeah, both versions as we collect the exclusive versions, but got the normal one too as we think it will look better on display :)

Haha, no, not at all :rotf:

Both my Portal Turret and Ganondorf Exclusives are still boxed - although I am waiting on them to be replaced, but even so, I haven't got anywhere to display them :rotf: xx

vhal_x
I take it gamingheads doesn't take money on pre-order?

Nope, thankfully :haha: xx

SwiftDeath
06-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Nope, thankfully :haha: xx

Thanks vhal

Pre-ordering here I come :D

Romeo
06-22-2013, 02:34 AM

Good luck!

P.S. $400?! You're nuts! Are you a huge J&D fan?

OniRyo
06-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Good luck!

P.S. $400?! You're nuts! Are you a huge J&D fan?

I highly doubt she is, she's mostly just an overall gaming collector from what i've seen.

I'm not going this one myself, it does look good though! Lots of people did like the Jak & Daxter series, but myself i haven't been a big fan of it. i did pre-order the Dragonborn statue from Gamingheads though!

vhal_x
06-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I highly doubt she is, she's mostly just an overall gaming collector from what i've seen.

I'm not going this one myself, it does look good though! Lots of people did like the Jak & Daxter series, but myself i haven't been a big fan of it. i did pre-order the Dragonborn statue from Gamingheads though!

I'm a fan, just not a massive one. Allan on the other hand is a huge fan of J&D (as well as a few other characters he'd like to see in this line).

We were just "general" collectors to begin with (focusing on our favourite games, but buying other stuff we're less interested in if we had spare money), but now that things are coming out in a ridiculously fast succession, we're having to just stick to the things we really like, from games/franchises we love (and being that there's two of us, that's still quite a lot!) xx

NaughtyDogJames
06-23-2013, 01:35 PM
So much ND stuff is out! I think I'll have to buy it down the line.

CanisCanemEdit
07-01-2013, 12:39 AM
I'm really particular about my figures/statues.

Does anyone own multiple statues from this company? I want to know what the quality control for Gaming Heads is and how close retail is to the prototype picture.

I think it looks pretty good, but from my experience in figure collecting is that some companies don't reproduce as good of a quality as their protoype pictures.

Clusks
07-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Would've considered this if I didn't already have the Shenmue Ryo statue on order from F4f!

Still, tempting...

vhal_x
07-01-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm really particular about my figures/statues.

Does anyone own multiple statues from this company? I want to know what the quality control for Gaming Heads is and how close retail is to the prototype picture.

I think it looks pretty good, but from my experience in figure collecting is that some companies don't reproduce as good of a quality as their protoype pictures.

I only have the Portal Turret, and it came absolutely destroyed :rotf: So I'm waiting on a replacement xx

SwiftDeath
07-01-2013, 05:25 PM
I only have the Portal Turret, and it came absolutely destroyed :rotf: So I'm waiting on a replacement xx

:(

That damage looked to be from the factory right?

Not shipping damage?

vhal_x
07-01-2013, 05:33 PM
Yeah, although I'm on statue collecting forums, and apparently what happened to mine (and Cosmic's) turrets is a very rare and unusual thing. Majority of the time the statues are perfect from the factory. So really hoping my next statue purchase builds up the trust a bit.

I also recently (well... in May) got the Ganondorf Exclusive statue from F4F. It was damaged so waiting on a replacement for that but it was damaged in shipping rather than in the factory, and had it not been damaged, it would have been perfect as the paint application, etc was all beautiful xx

SwiftDeath
07-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Yeah, although I'm on statue collecting forums, and apparently what happened to mine (and Cosmic's) turrets is a very rare and unusual thing. Majority of the time the statues are perfect from the factory. So really hoping my next statue purchase builds up the trust a bit.

I also recently (well... in May) got the Ganondorf Exclusive statue from F4F. It was damaged so waiting on a replacement for that but it was damaged in shipping rather than in the factory, and had it not been damaged, it would have been perfect as the paint application, etc was all beautiful xx

Always good to hear people's experiences with companies

Hopefully all goes well with your replacements :thumb:

vhal_x
07-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Cheers :)

The only downside is that replacements take months, as they have to make them all from scratch. Hoping I won't have too long to wait for them :rotf: xx

SwiftDeath
07-01-2013, 05:51 PM
Cheers :)

The only downside is that replacements take months, as they have to make them all from scratch. Hoping I won't have too long to wait for them :rotf: xx

The idea that your replacement might need a replacement sounds terrifying although I'm sure it's incredibly unlikely

Guess I'm just a tad paranoid after hearing about some members lithos and all that

vhal_x
07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Yeah, well Cosmic had to get a replacement, for his replacement, for his replacement of a statue previously! :suicide:Although I think they tried to get him to just cut his losses, but I think he may still be fighting for another replacement. Haven't discussed that in a while with him :rotf: xx

SwiftDeath
07-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Yeah, well Cosmic had to get a replacement, for his replacement, for his replacement of a statue previously! :suicide:Although I think they tried to get him to just cut his losses, but I think he may still be fighting for another replacement. Haven't discussed that in a while with him :rotf: xx

Sounds a bit worrisome to be honest

But again becoming increasingly paranoid as time goes on

Perhaps I should just try to pick mine up direct from factory :spiteful:

Flights to china can't be that expensive :haha:

NoScruffyNo
07-17-2013, 03:04 AM
Have this on preorder, just got the normal edition as the ''Exclusive'' edition looks god damn awful. Having it as a graudation present woop....will go wonderfully with my orb!

Cosmic_Link
07-18-2013, 08:31 PM

As it stands I still don't have a replacement for my damaged Midna's... :( I haven't heard from Kanako in a while, so am going to send her an email now. Also, never got a reply about the damage to my Ganondorf statue. >.< Might just have to put it all in the same email to her.

It's been nearly 2yrs since I got my damaged Wolf link and Midna statue for those who are reading this. Got a replacement Midna last year, which also arrived damaged! >.< Still waiting for a replacement from First4figures.

NoScruffyNo
01-27-2014, 11:11 AM
Mine arrived today! Will post up some pictures soon!

Will go very well with my Jak and Daxter orb ;)

Eric
01-31-2014, 02:32 AM
I got mine too a couple of weeks ago, my number was 41/750. What did you get? :D

NoScruffyNo
01-31-2014, 08:17 AM
114# off the top of my head (Moving house soon - so had to pack it away soon after it arriving :(

Nice one on such a low number :D The statue is awesome, loving the paint work on it.