PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3 Vault 108 'Gary' Hoodie

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Limited edition of only 54 total hoodies!

http://store.bethsoft.com/vault-108-hoodie.html

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Limited edition of only 54 total hoodies!

http://store.bethsoft.com/vault-108-hoodie.html

Completely out of stock from what I can see

I assume you got one mortal?

I came too late to the party apparently

Tried to check out 4 times when it was in stock but site was super sluggish and didn't let me

"Unable to complete order" 3 times with paypal :(

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
I did get one. Dayum, they went fast. :(

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 07:13 PM
They just went up for sale like 10 mins ago by the way.

Treehouse_Ryan
06-27-2013, 07:28 PM
Wow. That was nuts. Over 2000 people on the site, and about 200 running through checkout the whole time.... I'm really surprised we didn't go all the way down.

Also, apparently Todd Howard saw and approved of my completely absurd promo image, which is a head trip for me:

http://zmi-cdnstatic.s3.amazonaws.com/bethblog/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/fb-beth-garyreveal_gary.gif

Also, it looks like no one tried to be sneaky and get more than their fair share and somehow nothing was oversold. Going to do a more careful analysis, but I think this went about as well as it could have been expected to....

Everybody hassle Mortal for an unboxing video.

chiakri
06-27-2013, 08:13 PM
I came by on a whim to see if there was anything new and ran to it but as soon as I went to check out it was sold out. :( I'll be hunting for one now! It was the coolest thing I've seen in a while and a smart idea!

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 08:15 PM
Were there any problems with paypal ryan?

It wouldn't let me checkout at all with it even though it showed stock both the first and second time I tried it with paypal

Will always use credit card on treehouse from now on

Lesson learned :(

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I paid with paypal. It wasn't a smooth transaction at all, but it did go through. I had to reload the various pages (that are part of the ordering process) over and over again.

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 08:46 PM
I paid with paypal. It wasn't a smooth transaction at all, but it did go through. I had to reload the various pages (that are part of the ordering process) over and over again.

I'm quite sure when I tried to put my order through the first time there was still stock to be had

Rather disappointed to be honest

bbki
06-27-2013, 08:54 PM
Came to say that
Exact same experience.
I don't want to got temporarily hold like $400 last time with tomb raider so I went with PayPal.
Not disappointed ;(

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Came to say that
Exact same experience.
I don't want to got temporarily hold like $400 last time with tomb raider so I went with PayPal.
Not disappointed ;(

You got a hoodie?

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 08:58 PM
Came to say that
Exact same experience.
Not disappointed ;(

Wait so did you get your order through then? Or not?

bbki
06-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Nope
I should add sarcasm to make it more clear
I half expected that.
I regularly butt hurt by mondo all the time so I'm got used to it now.

Matt16
06-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Bloody hell, I don't usually bother with clothes but I would have had that :( cant believe how fast they sold!

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Nope
I should add sarcasm to make it more clear
I half expected that.
I regularly butt hurt by mondo all the time so I'm got used to it now.

I was quite looking forward to getting one too as it looks nice but do feel quite burned by it

Wonder where the fault in the system lies?

Paypal is usually pretty cut and dry for me across stores

Bloody hell, I don't usually bother with clothes but I would have had that :( cant believe how fast they sold!

Don't worry they'll certainly appear on ebay quite soon :spiteful:

Matt16
06-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Don't worry they'll certainly appear on ebay quite soon :spiteful:

I give it 46 seconds

Treehouse_Ryan
06-27-2013, 10:51 PM
Incoming XL cancellation!

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
Incoming XL cancellation!

Is it gone as I'm trying my best to get it?

bbki
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
May I ask how soon is when?

MortalMonday
06-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Good luck you guys!

SwiftDeath
06-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Good luck you guys!

Stupid paypal

Almost certain I would've gotten a medium the first time if I had tried with a CC first :(

chiakri
06-27-2013, 11:24 PM
was it purchased yet?im staring at the site! Lol

Treehouse_Ryan
06-27-2013, 11:42 PM
False alarm. The order was canceled but the XL wasn't returned to stock. We're going to pack all the orders tomorrow and then make sure nothing has gone wrong before releasing anything. There may also be a S to release at the same time.... Sorry, don't have more details than that yet.

MortalMonday
06-28-2013, 12:02 AM
I really hope they do something special for the packaging of this item. Like it would be awesome if it came in a ration tin or something cool like that.

chiakri
06-28-2013, 12:49 AM
that would be great!

chiakri
06-28-2013, 02:25 AM
saw the 1st hoodie go on ebay for 249 bin

Kieffer
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
I hope you will put the same limit (one item maximum by customer) for the next lithographs sale.
You can see on eBay when the packages are arriving to customers and are immediately put on sale. :-/

Romeo
06-28-2013, 05:16 PM
saw the 1st hoodie go on ebay for 249 bin

I hope you will put the same limit (one item maximum by customer) for the next lithographs sale.
You can see on eBay when the packages are arriving to customers and are immediately put on sale. :-/

Think about it... sometimes the only people who know about the presales are members here. In this very thread.

It's a topic that's a dead horse and I'm not going to get into it further.

SwiftDeath
06-28-2013, 06:17 PM
Think about it... sometimes the only people who know about the presales are members here. In this very thread.

It's a topic that's a dead horse and I'm not going to get into it further.

yes while that's true

It doesn't generate 2000 concurrent users on treehouse

In this case the posting on beth blog was what did it

Still annoyed but what can you do :shrug:

MortalMonday
06-28-2013, 06:33 PM
This was indeed posted all over twitter, Beth Blog, and various Facebook pages before the hoodie came out; they even posted the exact time when it would go up for sale.

SwiftDeath
06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
This was indeed posted all over twitter, Beth Blog, and various Facebook pages before the hoodie came out; they even posted the exact time when it would go up for sale.

WHAT???

Where did the exact time get posted?

I never saw that :(

Was refreshing beth store every 10 minutes or so for like 2 hours :(

MortalMonday
06-28-2013, 06:46 PM
On the Fallout twitter account they posted the exact time that the hoodie would go up for sale. Granted, they only posted the exact time a little over an hour before the hoodie would be up; but that was more than enough time for hundreds of people to see it and be ready to buy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Fallout

Alex
06-28-2013, 08:59 PM

I found out on Reddit. Super happy I subscribed to the "Fallout" sub-Reddit recently. Soon to be the proud owner of a medium.

Treehouse_Ryan
07-01-2013, 11:56 PM
False alarm. The order was canceled but the XL wasn't returned to stock. We're going to pack all the orders tomorrow and then make sure nothing has gone wrong before releasing anything. There may also be a S to release at the same time.... Sorry, don't have more details than that yet.

One S and one XL going live in four minutes. Good luck, and double-dippers will still be punished....

MortalMonday
07-02-2013, 12:01 AM
I just got mine today. It looks great.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 12:09 AM
May have just gotten the small

Not entirely convinced the order went through

chiakri
07-02-2013, 12:10 AM
missed out on both, got to the other stage and it kicked me out... breaks my heart.

MortalMonday
07-02-2013, 12:11 AM
May have just gotten the small

Not entirely convinced the order went through
If you got an order confirmation number, the order went through successfully more than likely.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 12:14 AM
If you got an order confirmation number, the order went through successfully more than likely.

Probably but we'll see

World ain't perfect and the checkout systems of video game collectible store websites doubly so

So what number did you get anyways mortal?

It's nice to know if I get mine it will be a low one at the very least probably in the first 12 or so

MortalMonday
07-02-2013, 12:16 AM
I got number 23.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 12:17 AM
I got number 23.

Nice :)

I take it you got a medium

Might have to lose weight for mine

Ah who am I kidding?

I doubt I'd wear it regardless

Still excited if I get it

MortalMonday
07-02-2013, 12:40 AM
Mine is size Large. I have other Treehouse hoodies in size large and they fit me perfectly.
I'm guessing this Gary hoodie would fit me perfectly as well, but I don't think I can bring myself to wear it! I don't want to ruin it. Maybe some day later I'll wear it though.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Mine is size Large. I have other Treehouse hoodies in size large and they fit me perfectly.
I'm guessing this Gary hoodie would fit me perfectly as well, but I don't think I can bring myself to wear it! I don't want to ruin it. Maybe some day later I'll wear it though.

Ah ok

When I talked with Ryan earlier I was under the impression that the numbering was in line with the sizes

I.E. smaller the size smaller the number and with 54 I'd put 23 into a medium most likely

Regardless I'm excited if I get mine

How was the packaging on it Mortal?

MortalMonday
07-02-2013, 12:58 AM
It came with a few extra nifty little bits. It was a pleasant surprise to be sure.
I'll post an unboxing video soon. Maybe in a day or two.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 01:35 AM
It came with a few extra nifty little bits. It was a pleasant surprise to be sure.
I'll post an unboxing video soon. Maybe in a day or two.

oooh a video potentially?

Must be good then :)

chiakri
07-02-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm interested to see!

chiakri
07-02-2013, 08:50 AM
a little steep?

www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-3-Bethesda-Exclusive-Gary-Vault-108-Hoodie-Only-54-Made-/181168800753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2e8083f1

Romeo
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
a little steep?

www.ebay.com/itm/Fallout-3-Bethesda-Exclusive-Gary-Vault-108-Hoodie-Only-54-Made-/181168800753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2e8083f1

This sickens me. I hate people.

I wish treehouse would have a clause that items cannot be resold on eBay or for X amount of time.

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 07:16 PM
This sickens me. I hate people.

I wish treehouse would have a clause that items cannot be resold on eBay or for X amount of time.

I still don't understand how that would work though

Are you suggesting Treehouse sues said customer because of breach of contract if their item ends up on ebay?

chiakri
07-02-2013, 07:20 PM
hm, that would be interesting.

Matt16
07-02-2013, 07:41 PM
a little steep?

Thieving arse bandit :rant:

Happens all the time though unfortunately and it'll never stop :(

chiakri
07-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I love this kind of stuff more than the actual game collecting I think I'd actually consider parting with a big box or 2 for this hoodie! Lol like the t-shirt if the month thing, in excited every month to get the new one! Lol

MortalMonday
07-03-2013, 01:49 AM
Here's the quick unboxing video that I put together. You can switch it to 1080p for better quality. Sorry if the video overall isn't very good. I made it rather quickly and my computer wasn't working very well when I was editing the video (my comp sucks!) Also, mind the piece of toilet paper on my right hand! lol

I would also like to note that my hoodie package is unique in that my bottle caps are signed by the entire Treehouse team. The outer-packaging on my example also has some neat scribbles. No other hoodie package comes with these unique features. :D All other hoodies did include a set of bottle caps; but again, no other set is signed by the Treehouse team.

qzAzsyfp3yk

Madigan
07-03-2013, 03:24 AM
So... I finally understood why this hoodie is limited to 54 units :rotf:

SwiftDeath
07-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Here's the quick unboxing video that I put together. You can switch it to 1080p for better quality. Sorry if the video overall isn't very good. I made it rather quickly and my computer wasn't working very well when I was editing the video (my comp sucks!) Also, mind the piece of toilet paper on my right hand! lol

I would also like to note that my hoodie package is unique in that my bottle caps are signed by the entire Treehouse team. The outer-packaging on my example also has some neat scribbles. No other hoodie package comes with these unique features. :D All other hoodies did include a set of bottle caps; but again, no other set is signed by the Treehouse team.

qzAzsyfp3yk

wow awesome video mortal :thumb:

That looks exceptional well for a hoodie anyways :spiteful:

Nah good video and great looking hoodie

Actually impressed by how clean the numbering looks

chiakri
07-03-2013, 10:39 AM

qzAzsyfp3yk

have I mentioned how jealous I am of you! Not just the hoodie, but the personalization!! that's really so awesome!!

:drool:

Dbrown
07-05-2013, 08:48 AM
First post here. Just thought it was right to put my input in. After seeing the unboxing for the Gary -23 hoodie I found a link to this site an read the comments an saw some people saying the hoodie on eBay right now is sickening. Well your looking at the owner of that Gary -11 hoodie. First off I put the high bin because I'm not ready to sell it as I am a huge fallout collector just like the rest of you. I just want to test the field on it. It's not like I'm excepting to get $1500 for it, it's just like the lithographs $40 sells for $150 if the demand is there then the people will pay to get what they want so why should the sellers of rare items be faulted? Again just my opinion on it. If I do end up selling it then it will go to someone who I know will probably at it to ther collection jus like I planned with mine. Btw I know the person who bought the $250 one he is a huggee collector.
Ryan

Kieffer
07-05-2013, 12:01 PM
So you buy a hoodie because you are a collector, you are not ready to sell it but you put it on eBay immediately at an abusive pricing in case a fool would buy it ?
Seems logical for me...or not...:facepalm:

I could have bought one hoodie when they were on sale but i didn't. I could have put it on eBay for a huge amount of money, but i didn't too.
Why ?
Because i hope a true fan and collector of Fallout clothing got the opportunity of adding this item to his collection for the fair initial price.
I must be too kind or too stupid.

Madigan
07-05-2013, 12:27 PM
We're too stupid, I don't care about fallout but I think I'll start doing the same. If I see something that limited I'll just flip it on ebay (100% chance to sell it for 2-4 times the original price) and just say that I'm testing the field.

chiakri
07-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I just want a Gary hoodie! Lol

Dbrown
07-05-2013, 02:52 PM
So you buy a hoodie because you are a collector, you are not ready to sell it but you put it on eBay immediately at an abusive pricing in case a fool would buy it ?
Seems logical for me...or not...:facepalm:

I could have bought one hoodie when they were on sale but i didn't. I could have put it on eBay for a huge amount of money, but i didn't too.
Why ?
Because i hope a true fan and collector of Fallout clothing got the opportunity of adding this item to his collection for the fair initial price.
I must be too kind or too stupid.

Ok first off, i knew no one was going to pay or even come close to that amount that is why i set it so high. It isnt abusive pricing. But just because i put the hoodie on ebay doesnt make me a true collector like the rest of you. I am a big collector an i bought it at the initial price. Mind you i have bought the previous vault t-shirts, lithographs, and the regular t shirts. So if i listed it at .99 and it sold for 280 would you still be all on my case? It is how the hobby goes. If you want to continue, then go ahead. It really doesn't bother me, but i said what i want and there is nothing really more to it. Hope to see more hoodies show up on this site.

Kieffer
07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
So you put your hoodie on eBay hoping the high price would not appeal to sellers and nobody would buy it ?
I don't know if you really know what you are doing but this is a strange behavior. :facepalm:

If you feel bad doing this, it's normal, it's named culpability. You have been caught with your pants down.

Edit : Seing the first listing on eBay with a $1.500 price : "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." Oh, sweet irony...

Dbrown
07-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Ended it early because didnt make sense having two listings up ;)

Matt16
07-05-2013, 06:08 PM
First post here. Just thought it was right to put my input in. After seeing the unboxing for the Gary -23 hoodie I found a link to this site an read the comments an saw some people saying the hoodie on eBay right now is sickening. Well your looking at the owner of that Gary -11 hoodie. First off I put the high bin because I'm not ready to sell it as I am a huge fallout collector just like the rest of you. I just want to test the field on it. It's not like I'm excepting to get $1500 for it, it's just like the lithographs $40 sells for $150 if the demand is there then the people will pay to get what they want so why should the sellers of rare items be faulted? Again just my opinion on it. If I do end up selling it then it will go to someone who I know will probably at it to ther collection jus like I planned with mine. Btw I know the person who bought the $250 one he is a huggee collector.
Ryan

Ended it early because didnt make sense having two listings up ;)

Let me get this straight you put a high buy it now as, this morning, you didn't want to sell it but just wanted to "test the field" seeing as you're a "huge fallout collector". This afternoon you close the listing and start it again at $350 start price as an auction, a price which it will probably sell for. I guess the definition of huge collector has changed seeing as it now means buy something and flip it for 4 times the value a few days later.

If you want to do this then that's your prerogative and regardless of what I or anybody else thinks you can do as you please. But why try and justify it by coming onto a collectors forum and talking crap?

Dbrown
07-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Im not trying to come on here to talk crap to anyone, i joined for two reasons. One there isnt many fallout collectors pages out there that i for one know about. When i stumbled on here an saw some of the feedback i was getting for my auction i thought i would just put my opinion for everyone, no way shape or form am i trying to talk crap or anything. I put it at the price i did because the way i feel about it is if someone is willing to pay that much then i would rather sell it than to keep it stored away in my room. I dont need to have every item to have fun in the hobby and there are plenty of people who flip rare fallout items on ebay. So basically i just wanted to state my opinion on the subject and meet other fans of the game an collecting aspect of fallout. Sorry if i caused a conflict on the forum had no intentions of causing any problems.
Ryan

chiakri
07-09-2013, 02:40 AM
So I officially purchased a Gary hoodie. No regrets, just wish that next time I'm fast enough!!

SwiftDeath
07-09-2013, 04:40 AM
So I officially purchased a Gary hoodie. No regrets, just wish that next time I'm fast enough!!

Good to hear you got one :thumb:

Although sounds like you had to pay reseller prices for it :(

MortalMonday
07-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Did you get yous swift?

SwiftDeath
07-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Did you get yous swift?

I think so :scratch:

I don't have it in hand but my order seemed to go through ok on the leftover one

Hasn't been shipped yet

chiakri
07-09-2013, 12:46 PM

I don't have it in hand but my order seemed to go through ok on the leftover one

Hasn't been shipped yet

I hope it did and that it gets to you soon! :)

Matt16
07-09-2013, 02:09 PM

Hasn't been shipped yet

Is that the one you ordered for me Swifty O:)

SwiftDeath
07-09-2013, 04:46 PM
I hope it did and that it gets to you soon! :)

Thanks I hope so too obviously :)

Is that the one you ordered for me Swifty O:)

http://troll.me/images/tarik-boss/nope.jpg

:rotf:

Sorry you didn't get one Matt although not entirely convinced I did until it's in my hands

chiakri
07-09-2013, 05:04 PM
haha! Oh Spongebob...

I just paid out the wazoo for mine and I'm still not totally convinced it's mine until I get and check it thoroughly lol

Matt16
07-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks I hope so too obviously :)

http://troll.me/images/tarik-boss/nope.jpg

Sorry you didn't get one Matt although not entirely convinced I did until it's in my hands

:lol:

I don't collect clothes so am to fussed really, glad you got one though :thumb:

SwiftDeath
07-11-2013, 11:48 PM
So supposedly my hoodie was delivered......6 days ago

Treehouse failed to update my order and tell me it shipped

My apt. complex collects packages at the main office and are supposed to inform residents of packages to be picked up

Except their Email system wasn't working last week :hammer:

Perfect storm of swifty not getting his hoodie on time :(

Also fun fact - my apt. complex returns packages not picked up within 7 days

Hopefully it will be there waiting for me when I try to pick it up today

chiakri
07-11-2013, 11:52 PM
ah!! I hope you get it today! let us know!! :)

SwiftDeath
07-11-2013, 11:59 PM
ah!! I hope you get it today! let us know!! :)

Will do :)

Strange how many hoops are involved to get it

Not Treehouse's fault really but would like to know that my stuff's been shipped

Really dislike the way my apt handles packages :(

SwiftDeath
07-12-2013, 02:00 AM
It was there!!!!!

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3864_zps41b839c9.jpg (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Jebus900/media/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3864_zps41b839c9.jpg.html)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3865_zps85fbbbfd.jpg (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Jebus900/media/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3865_zps85fbbbfd.jpg.html)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3868_zpse6fa2c79.jpg (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Jebus900/media/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3868_zpse6fa2c79.jpg.html)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3870_zps28f84932.jpg (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Jebus900/media/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3870_zps28f84932.jpg.html)

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/Jebus900/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3872_zps90bddd91.jpg (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/Jebus900/media/Recent%20Purchases/IMG_3872_zps90bddd91.jpg.html)

So happy now!!! :bananayes::bananayes::bananayes::bananayes:

chiakri
07-12-2013, 02:51 AM
awesome #5!!!!! glad you got it mate!

SwiftDeath
07-12-2013, 03:02 AM
awesome #5!!!!! glad you got it mate!

Thanks super happy to have it in hand

To think its be sitting in the mail office at my apt place for 6 days :facepalm:

Matt16
07-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Glad you got it Swifty :thumb:

I :lol: at the made in China since the US had been at war with China in the game. Probably looking at bit to far into it :lol:

At least I entertain myself :P

v1sav1s
07-12-2013, 10:01 PM
Each Gary has a special story, but Gary-23 is particularly gruesome:

In the Outcast outpost where the Anchorage simulation is located, you can find the dead body of Gary 23. Presumably he left Vault 108, was captured by Brotherhood of Steel Outcasts at some point and taken to the outpost. It looks like there, the outcasts tried to convince him to enter the simulation as he had a Pip-Boy 3000, the correct interface device, but soon discovered that the only word he said was "Gary" and he was hostile to all non-clones. They grew impatient with him, and he was beaten to death with some brass knuckles which can be found close by. The outcasts then sawed off his arm in a futile attempt to remove his computer. His body has been unceremoniously dumped in a corner. This and the trail of blood on the floor from the beating and amputation indicate that the incident happened not long ago, and the Outcasts have not had time to clean up.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_108

SwiftDeath
07-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Glad you got it Swifty :thumb:

I :lol: at the made in China since the US had been at war with China in the game. Probably looking at bit to far into it :lol:

At least I entertain myself :P

Thanks buddy :)

Obviously our survival supplies for the apocalypse that was caused in part by China would get made by China :poke:

Each Gary has a special story, but Gary-23 is particularly gruesome:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vault_108

I don't know if all 54 gary's were provided their own stories though

For instance what is Gary 5's story?

nipperkipper
07-13-2013, 08:06 PM
awesome pick up Swift, i really want one of these now

SwiftDeath
07-13-2013, 11:02 PM
awesome pick up Swift, i really want one of these now

Thanks the hoodie is really well done

Stitching is top quality for the Gary 05

chiakri
07-15-2013, 08:07 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5486/9295507454_b96a1ddf87.jpg

HAHA Gary!!! I finally got it! I feel so much better now. Lol

SwiftDeath
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5486/9295507454_b96a1ddf87.jpg

HAHA Gary!!! I finally got it! I feel so much better now. Lol

Glad to hear it bubby :thumb:

Good to know some of these ended up in collectors hands :)