evilvort3x
07-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Dont start on movie steels! :/

evilvort3x
07-02-2013, 02:01 PM
the aladdin one i just got is lovely

Vikingo82
07-02-2013, 05:39 PM
I began a few years ago with dvd steels when bluray even didn't exist...

Late for me...now on bluray too... :beg:

vhal_x
07-02-2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah, you really don't wanna start on movie steelbooks. It's a slippery slope - one of which I'm stuck at the bottom of... :haha: xx

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
Yeah, you really don't wanna start on movie steelbooks. It's a slippery slope - one of which I'm stuck at the bottom of... :haha: xx

I'm fairly certain movie steels are a slippery slope into a bottomless pit of madness :taunt:

LowlyAssassin
07-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I just like the movie and I dont own it
And I like the picture

SwiftDeath
07-02-2013, 07:14 PM
I just like the movie and I dont own it
And I like the picture

Yes but you aren't addicting to collecting steels like some of us :nosleep:

LowlyAssassin
07-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Yes but you aren't addicting to collecting steels like some of us :nosleep:

Nope I prefer digipacks for movies
Which reminds me
I need to pick up the inglorious basterds CE at some point

Twisted
07-07-2013, 05:49 AM
great idea..just hope we can zero in on video game steelbooks.

comaamen86
07-09-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.play.com/stores/ZavviOutlet/listing/819641093?utm_medium=email&wt.tsrc=exacttarget_rmail&wt.mc_id=bid7286_mid10488531_2013-07-09t10%3a02%3a40&_$ja=tsid%3a40598

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/8/1/8/5/9/7/8/4/48795818_500x500_1.jpg

zavvi exclusive

comaamen86
07-09-2013, 02:24 PM
http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/gremlins-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10830027.html

gremlins

http://static2.thcdn.com/productimg/0/300/300/27/10830027-1372926114-905928.jpg

Vikingo82
07-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Like that steel...prefer the evil punk Gremlin than Gizmo on the cover art...

comaamen86
07-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Like that steel...prefer the evil punk Gremlin than Gizmo on the cover art...

prefer gizmo, always gizmo

comaamen86
08-02-2013, 06:29 PM
http://static1.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/05/10837105-1375289020-152740.jpg

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-conjuring-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10837105.html

kennyrh
08-20-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.play.com/stores/ZavviOutlet/listing/819641093?utm_medium=email&wt.tsrc=exacttarget_rmail&wt.mc_id=bid7286_mid10488531_2013-07-09t10%3a02%3a40&_$ja=tsid%3a40598

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/8/1/8/5/9/7/8/4/48795818_500x500_1.jpg

zavvi exclusive

Really, REALLY enjoyed that film . . .just preordered the steelie - a must have :clap:

Yoszek
08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey i just saw http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-collection-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10846151.html and it's sold out already ;/ .Anyone got this or knows for how long it's on zaavi site?I would really like to have of one these.

Vikingo82
08-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I think it hasn't been released for buying it.
They will open orders soon.

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Hey i just saw http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-collection-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10846151.html and it's sold out already ;/ .Anyone got this or knows for how long it's on zaavi site?I would really like to have of one these.

ahhhh it is beautiful that is a must wait for pre orders to open

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
This Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow Limited Edition Steelbook Collection, exclusive to Zavvi includes:

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
2 DLC Packs: Reverie and Resurrection
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate HD

http://static1.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/51/10846151-1377000892-327506.jpg

http://static3.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/51/10846151-1377000892-327511.jpg

Yoszek
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
So zaavi lists items they are going to sell,but they dont want to sell em yet?:scratch:

Vikingo82
08-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah coma....absolutely beautiful... A must-have...with this colours that fix perfectly with mask of the collectors edition...

It's been a while that I didn't saw such a beauty steel...

vhal_x
08-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Yeah, they do it to generate hype I think. They tend to list things properly every Saturday at around 6pm ;) xx

Vikingo82
08-21-2013, 07:47 PM
If they had sold them, we had knew it...for sure Yoszek..

It's a way of publishing, and mouth by mouth...everybody will want it as they open orders...

They have shown us the honey...now we are the bees...

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 07:48 PM
gonna check daily tabbed the link

Yoszek
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Well i kinda thought that it's impossbile that it's gone and no one has mentioned about it here but still...that sold out bar made me sad for a moment.Anyways it's good to know that ill have it now:clap:

If they had sold them, we had knew it...for sure Yoszek..

It's a way of publishing, and mouth by mouth...everybody will want it as they open orders...

They have shown us the honey...now we are the bees...

Vikingo82
08-21-2013, 07:50 PM
gonna check daily tabbed the link

+1.... Already added to my favourites on my browser...lol

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Well i kinda thought that it's impossbile that it's gone and no one has mentioned about it here but still...that sold out bar made me sad for a moment.Anyways it's good to know that ill have it now:clap:

zavvi always do that, but i think this will actually go compared to dark souls so tell no one else :banana:

Redmagster
08-21-2013, 08:35 PM
I can't read anything yet... Please please tell me that Castlevania is not sold out?!?!?

SwiftDeath
08-21-2013, 08:38 PM
I can't read anything yet... Please please tell me that Castlevania is not sold out?!?!?

Not sold out Mags

Not put up yet

Redmagster
08-21-2013, 08:41 PM
Not sold out Mags

Not put up yet

Thanks Swifty... Just normally it disappears rather than says 'sold out'. This is one i really don't want to miss...

dahein
08-21-2013, 08:43 PM
i want that steelbook!, hopefully zavvi gets more steelbook releases like this one :)

SwiftDeath
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
i want that steelbook!, hopefully zavvi gets more steelbook releases like this one :)

Very good chance that this will be a continuing thing with Zavvi

Dark souls proves that Zavvi is willing to re release older games that didn't include a steelbook originally so definitely a place to watch

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Very good chance that this will be a continuing thing with Zavvi

Dark souls proves that Zavvi is willing to re release older games that didn't include a steelbook originally so definitely a place to watch

i dont know how they do it or agree licensing terms my ideal steel book would be red dead undead nightmare same case art art on a steel with graphics on the back instead of writing

it seems like the sort of thing smaller firms might agree to, can wish though

SwiftDeath
08-21-2013, 08:58 PM
i dont know how they do it or agree licensing terms my ideal steel book would be red dead undead nightmare same case art art on a steel with graphics on the back instead of writing

it seems like the sort of thing smaller firms might agree to, can wish though

Yeah I imagine it's easier to do with smaller firms or if you have a game of the year edition etc.

With Dark souls I think the prepare to die edition coming to consoles helped

Perhaps if Rockstar were to release another version of Red dead redemption?

Not sure what it would encompass though

But we can dream :)

comaamen86
08-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Yeah I imagine it's easier to do with smaller firms or if you have a game of the year edition etc.

With Dark souls I think the prepare to die edition coming to consoles helped

Perhaps if Rockstar were to release another version of Red dead redemption?

Not sure what it would encompass though

But we can dream :)

rockstar wont do it they dont need to

they dont even turn up to e3, their product is good enough they dont have to

with rockstar you just say thank you and wait for more

your right with smaller firms, gets them extra revenue and is good for the fans/collectors as long as it stays at a sensible price point and not a cash grab

kennyrh
08-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Has anybody had a dispatch notice for the Splinter Cell Blacklist steelbook yet ??

Biggav4000
08-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Has anybody had a dispatch notice for the Splinter Cell Blacklist steelbook yet ??

Mine arrived this morning :v:

kennyrh
08-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Looks like Zavvi have stitched me up again, then. Nothing out the bank yet so they've obviously run out and not bothering to let the unlucky ones know.

Would i expect anything more from those arseholes ?? :blackeye:

comaamen86
08-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Looks like Zavvi have stitched me up again, then. Nothing out the bank yet so they've obviously run out and not bothering to let the unlucky ones know.

Would i expect anything more from those arseholes ?? :blackeye:

i gave up on it on thursday and got from amazon different edition, out of interest gav when did they dispatch

Redmagster
08-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Wreck it Ralph live now and Castlevania :)

Redmagster
08-24-2013, 11:27 PM
If ordering Wreck it Ralph use code RALPHTHENINJA for 3 gbp off ;)

kennyrh
08-25-2013, 03:38 PM
Mailed Zavvi about my missing SC Blacklist steelie yesterday via their own online query system. Not a sausage.

When did customer service die . . .:pooryou:

Zaku77
08-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Mailed Zavvi about my missing SC Blacklist steelie yesterday via their own online query system. Not a sausage.

They haven't even shipped mine yet! (Awaiting stock pick) so be glad yours at least tried to get to you.

Lemur
08-26-2013, 08:55 AM

They never had customer service so nothing to die there :shrug:

kennyrh
08-26-2013, 10:22 AM
They haven't even shipped mine yet! (Awaiting stock pick) so be glad yours at least tried to get to you.

Got this today . . ."We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Includes Zavvi UK Exclusive Steelbook

We're sorry this has happened. We're continuously looking for ways to improve the service we offer to you and we really hope you'll give us a chance to do better next time.

We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order."

Still none the wiser then, but i take it to be shorthand for "sold out . . .tough tits"

giantqtipz
08-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Same here -_-

kennyrh
08-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Now this . . ."Hi Ken,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your pre-order.

We send all pre-ordered items out as soon as we receive them into our warehouse from the manufacturers. We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we were not able to have this with you on the release date. We understand this must be both disappointing and frustrating.

We will try and have your order with you as soon as possible but at this time I can not advise what date this will be.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

So, any other guys ain't got theirs - your guess is as good as mine :surrender:

luckos
08-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Now this . . ."Hi Ken,

We send all pre-ordered items out as soon as we receive them into our warehouse from the manufacturers. We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date.

Please accept our apologies that on this occasion we were not able to have this with you on the release date. We understand this must be both disappointing and frustrating.

We will try and have your order with you as soon as possible but at this time I can not advise what date this will be.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

If anyone is interested in the SplinterCell Blacklist zavvi exclusive steelbook - I have a groupbuy thread. It's G1 for all platforms. It comes sealed and has two DLCs. The xbox stock is going low but there is still stock for PS3 and PC. Let me know on the groupbuy thread if interested. Cheers!

giantqtipz
08-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I want the game AND steelbook... So i guess ebay is my best option now?

bob512
08-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Does splinter cell blacklist include a slip cover like dark souls?

kennyrh
08-30-2013, 04:34 PM
Now this . . ."Hi Ken,

Dispatched, apparently . . . .:bday:

kennyrh
09-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Received standard copy of game this morn - no steelbook. Did anybody else get the steelie seperate from the game ??

Zaku77
09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Received standard copy of game this morn - no steelbook. Did anybody else get the steelie seperate from the game ??

Well, that's disheartening. I was hoping for an actual "steelbook edition", not simply the inclusion of an empty steelbook with the standard game :/.

Vikingo82
09-02-2013, 09:13 PM
Ffffff....glad to have taken the steels apart from the GB...

It was kind of strange that there were steels sealed with a sticker withthe platform and dlc's inside...

Very bad movement from Zavvi this time.... :nono:

Redmagster
09-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Well, that's disheartening. I was hoping for an actual "steelbook edition", not simply the inclusion of an empty steelbook with the standard game :/.

I'm afraid it's the way I thought it would be for this one but sounds like a right royal f**k up from Zavvi...

I'm trying to think of a previous steelbook exclusive they have handled (talking standard game release obviously) which wasn't highly publicised as a 'steelbook edition' - Dark Souls Prepare to Die and I can't...

HMV always did the sending the steelbook separately thing but not sure what Zavvi are up to here... :/

Redmagster
09-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Does splinter cell blacklist include a slip cover like dark souls?

At the moment it doesn't even seem to include a steelbook...

Vikingo82
09-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Maybe is the new way of sending the exclusive steels for the new games...not like the re-released games steels like Dark Souls one...

Just hope that Castlevania Steel comes as the Dark Souls....sealed with the game inside... :beg:

Redmagster
09-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Maybe is the new way of sending the exclusive steels for the new games...not like the re-released games steels like Dark Souls one...

Just hope that Castlevania Steel comes as the Dark Souls....sealed with the game inside... :beg:

God I hope so..... It certainly has everything about that one to suggest it will be a complete steelbook edition as the Dark Souls :thumb:

Hey did you get your package ok? :) :hug:

Vikingo82
09-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Totally perfect Mag!!! :thumb:

Have still yours and Swift on the front door...lol...so laaazy...

I have to switch on my mind as I have come back from holidays and send it to you to the lost house inside the forest...buuuhhh...hahahaha

This week have to make the efford to send it. Promise.

Redmagster
09-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Totally perfect Mag!!! :thumb:

Have still yours and Swift on the front door...lol...so laaazy...

I have to switch on my mind as I have come back from holidays and send it to you to the lost house inside the forest...buuuhhh...hahahaha

This week have to make the efford to send it. Promise.

Ha ha no worries at all :thumb: just got worried yours was ok :whew: took me long enough to get yours out lol!! :P

bob512
09-03-2013, 06:49 PM

I received this in an email today for Blacklist

We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date. On this occasion to ensure you received the game on or as close to the release date as possible we have despatched to you the standard version of the game initially. The steelbook case will be sent in the next few days due to an unexpected delay.

We?re very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you and fully understand that this may be frustrating. We would like to offer you a 10% discount code as an apology.

kennyrh
09-03-2013, 08:47 PM
I received this in an email today for Blacklist

We always endeavour to have pre-orders delivered to our customers on, if not before, the release date. On this occasion to ensure you received the game on or as close to the release date as possible we have despatched to you the standard version of the game initially. The steelbook case will be sent in the next few days due to an unexpected delay.

We?re very sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you and fully understand that this may be frustrating. We would like to offer you a 10% discount code as an apology.

Well, that's highly amusing. I received an e-mail from the so-called Customer Service with a load of guff i need to print out in order to send the copy of the game i received back.

Now, according to your e-mail if i send the game back and receive the steelbook in the next few days then i'm gonna be out one copy of the game.

Christ, what a bunch of incompetent tossers these people are. :surrender::banghead:

Edit: I've actually managed to find a phone number to contact Zavvi Customer service direct. If anybody is having similar problems i suggest you follw my lead and ring this number tomorrow 0844 264 0702.

You never know, you might actually get some constructive help from somebody who knows what they're talking about.

Then again . . . . . .

blockbusterboy
09-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Just received my standard edition. Have just sent an e-mail to Zavvi after climbing back down from the ceiling. Incessant, absolutely lividly incessant.
Anyway have calmed down after that little furore.

Think calm thoughts.

Think calm thoughts.

Mountains.

Lakes.

Trickling streams.

Unreceived steelbook.

DOH! :rant:

kennyrh
09-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Just received my standard edition. Have just sent an e-mail to Zavvi after climbing back down from the ceiling. Incessant, absolutely lividly incessant.
Anyway have calmed down after that little furore.

Think calm thoughts.

Think calm thoughts.

Mountains.

Lakes.

Trickling streams.

Unreceived steelbook.

DOH! :rant:

Do let us all know what the reply to your email is mate. I'm thinking it might be wise to just sit back and see if the steelie turns up (presumably you saw my reply from Zavvi in an earlier post).

I just hope we don't have this typical Zavvi balls-up fiasco with the Castlevania steelie.

blockbusterboy
09-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Do let us all know what the reply to your email is mate. I'm thinking it might be wise to just sit back and see if the steelie turns up (presumably you saw my reply from Zavvi in an earlier post).

I just hope we don't have this typical Zavvi balls-up fiasco with the Castlevania steelie.

I will do. I think it would be wise to just sit back and wait. That's what I'm going to do. Sit back and fester. :rotf:

I think the Castlevania steel will come like the Dark Souls one.

Redmagster
09-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Man of Steel :thumb:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u492/Redmagster/ManofSteel_zpsbf35c2f2.jpg (http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/Redmagster/media/ManofSteel_zpsbf35c2f2.jpg.html)

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/man-of-steel-3d-limited-edition-steelbook-includes-2d-version-and-ultraviolet-copy/10846640.html

Lemur
09-04-2013, 02:01 PM
Is that crackle lacquer on the superman? :clap:

Redmagster
09-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Is that crackle lacquer on the superman? :clap:

Great design isn't it!! :thumb:

vhal_x
09-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Man of Steel is cheaper from Amazon (it isn't exclusive to Zavvi) xx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Steel-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/dp/B00DY649JA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1378300351&sr=8-3&keywords=man+of+steel

Redmagster
09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Man of Steel is cheaper from Amazon (it isn't exclusive to Zavvi) xx

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Steel-Limited-Edition-Steelbook/dp/B00DY649JA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1378300351&sr=8-3&keywords=man+of+steel

Thanks Vhal

I had a Zavvi discount but I do tend to get carried away with Zavvi steels and forget they are not all exclusives!! ;)

blockbusterboy
09-04-2013, 07:43 PM
Oops just checked my e-mail. Got a message yesterday saying the steelbook will be along shortly. I hope so and they're not just playing people along hoping more keep it than return it.

kennyrh
09-04-2013, 07:56 PM
You might be right matey. I'm sure somebody earlier in the thread said they got theirs so they might have run out and are just pissing everybody about.

We shall see . . .:shrug:

Still to receive a reply to the mail i sent yesterday - which is about normal for those dickheads.

Matt16
09-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Like the look of the man of steel one, might have to get that, its just a shame the film wasn't great :(

Zaku77
09-05-2013, 07:47 AM
I didn't get any email about my steel shipping separate from the game, so I'm curious what exactly I will be receiving.

kennyrh
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
With regard to the SC Blacklist steelbook, here's the latest communique from Arseholes-R-Us . . . .

"One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion. I can confirm that the steelbooks are being sent out seperately .

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Carly

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team"

So we wait . . .and wait . . . and wait.

Quite frankly, if they're pulling a stunt I'm going apeshit medieval on these twats . . .letters to the Managing Director, e-mails to God . . . .:rant:

Lemur
09-05-2013, 05:06 PM
letters to the Managing Director

Him? :lmao:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/037/909/i02/proboscis-monkey2.jpg?1363632801

kennyrh
09-05-2013, 05:16 PM
That looks like some kind of intelligent species, mate. :spiteful:

blockbusterboy
09-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Got a reply to my email basically saying the steelbook was following sometime in the next few days.

I am at present in a state of Zen.

Breeaeaeaeeath innnnnn.

Breeeaeaaeeath ououout.

kennyrh
09-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I am at present in a state of Zen.

I'm in a state of . . .when ?????:rotf:

Redmagster
09-05-2013, 10:02 PM
I feel like I'm travelling this whole troublesome road with you two... :swoon:

blockbusterboy
09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm in a state of . . .when ?????:rotf:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

blockbusterboy
09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I feel like I'm travelling this whole troublesome road with you two... :swoon:

It's a long long road.

blockbusterboy
09-07-2013, 12:53 PM
ZILCH ZERO NADA

From the placid lake of Zen I foreshadow a great storm beckoning on the horizon.

kennyrh
09-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Postman been - still bugger all. I'm hitting Zavvi with yet another mail asking them to contact the manufacturers to find out what the frig is going on.

Suggest anybody still waiting does the same cos I think it's proactive time :rant:

Redmagster
09-07-2013, 07:07 PM
Monsters University steelbook pre-order live :)

And this one is a Zavvi exclusive... ;)

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/monsters-university-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-the-pixar-collection-2/10831199.html

http://static1.thcdn.com/productimg/0/600/600/99/10831199-1373640733-947373.jpg

blockbusterboy
09-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Postman been - still bugger all. I'm hitting Zavvi with yet another mail asking them to contact the manufacturers to find out what the frig is going on.

Suggest anybody still waiting does the same cos I think it's proactive time :rant:

United we stand. Divided we fall

kennyrh
09-09-2013, 04:10 PM
The customer service at Tossers Anonymous plumbed new depths today.

Received this . . .

"For your records, your original query was:

Still no steelbook. Can somebody please contact the manufacturer to find out what exactly is happening here.

One of our customer services advisors has reviewed your query and we are able to confirm the following:

Hello Ken,

Thank you for getting in touch to let us know that you have not yet received order 30957116.

This was sent to you on 30/08/2013 and delivery is usually made within 3-5 working days. However, we do ask that you allow up to 14 days for delivery before reporting the order as missing.

If you have still not received the order by 12/09/2013, please let us know so that we can investigate this for you.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Chris

They are talking about the normal copy of the game I received and obviously hadn't bothered to read any of the queries that have gone before.

Steam emitting from both ears, nose and any other orifice capable . . .ain't looking good guys. :hammer:

Electrical
09-09-2013, 05:23 PM
They are talking about the normal copy of the game I received and obviously hadn't bothered to read any of the queries that have gone before.

Steam emitting from both ears, nose and any other orifice capable . . .ain't looking good guys. :hammer:
Zavvi-s customer service via their website is awful, try to contact them via Facebook if you have an account.
I had problems with damaged goods and also received robotic answers from the website so I decided to contact them through Facebook and they solved the problem instantly :thumb:

kennyrh
09-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Wouldn't touch facebook with a bargepole mate. If this next mail fails it looks like the misery of a phone call

nipperkipper
09-09-2013, 10:39 PM

I am trying my best to get a proper response from the on twitter.

So far someone named Chris has said

'sorry we have no information about it at the moment'

They have really pissed me off.

blockbusterboy
09-10-2013, 06:49 AM
Out of interest has anybody received the Zavvi Blacklist steelbook ?

I'm talking in terms of people who got their pre-orders in early. When it was 55.00. I'm sure most must have.

It was sold out then It came back up for 39.99 with steelbook and I went for it. Like others I'm still waiting. It doesn't show on the site any more.

kennyrh
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Out of interest has anybody received the Zavvi Blacklist steelbook ?

I'm talking in terms of people who got their pre-orders in early. When it was 55.00. I'm sure most must have.

It was sold out then It came back up for 39.99 with steelbook and I went for it. Like others I'm still waiting. It doesn't show on the site any more.

That's interesting, mate. I didn't know it had been up originally for 55 quid. Think i can see what's happened here if it sold out at the higher price. Some genius at Zavvi has probably incorrectly listed the steelie instead of the normal edition at 40 quid.

Anyway, if i don't get a sensible reply to my last mail today I'm getting on the blower. If they're still pissing me around then I'm just gonna use all the paraphernalia I printed off and then send the bloody thing back.

I just wish I had the guts to blow these dickheads out altogether but, sadly, they get too much stuff that i want.

Collector's dilemma . . . .:blackeye:

Xmo
09-10-2013, 11:06 AM
gahhhh shit, them disney steelbooks are so tempting especially the Wreck it Ralph and Monsters Univeristy :suicide:

kennyrh
09-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Okay steelie enthusiasts, the latest announcement from Dumb and Dumber Inc. re the SC Blacklist alleged steelbook.

"Hello Ken,

Thank you for getting in touch about Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Please accept my apologies for the frustration this has caused.

I have followed this up for you with the relevant department and I am sorry but they are unable to give me an exact date for the dispatch of this item.

I am sorry I am not able to give you an exact date for this, but I would expect this to be within the next 3-5 working days.

Kind regards,
Lauren

So no "exact" date but "possibly" within the next 3-5 working days . . . . .

. . .is anybody getting excited at this lesson in vague platitudes ??

:pooryou::pooryou::pooryou::pooryou::pooryou:

Redmagster
09-14-2013, 09:45 PM
DESIGN YOUR OWN STEELBOOK!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3643936

comaamen86
09-15-2013, 01:45 PM
DESIGN YOUR OWN STEELBOOK!!!

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3643936

do t5his for a milla steel please i have a few ideas

also now live on zavvi

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/only-god-forgives-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10852886.html

kennyrh
09-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Rhetorical question . . .has anybody got their SC Blacklist steelie from Zavvi yet ???

If mine's still a no-show tomorrow I'm packaging my normal copy back up and sending it back for a refund.

I'm more or less certain that Zavvi are just taking the piss here so I'm thinking that if I get my 40 quid back and then, by some miracle, the steelbook does turn up then i deserve it for all the crap I've put up with . . . .:boredo:

comaamen86
09-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Rhetorical question . . .has anybody got their SC Blacklist steelie from Zavvi yet ???

If mine's still a no-show tomorrow I'm packaging my normal copy back up and sending it back for a refund.

I'm more or less certain that Zavvi are just taking the piss here so I'm thinking that if I get my 40 quid back and then, by some miracle, the steelbook does turn up then i deserve it for all the crap I've put up with . . . .:boredo:

biggav said he did you should pm him

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 07:47 PM

I think you would be well in order to do that!! :thumb:

Matt16
09-17-2013, 09:37 PM
Not sure if this has been posted

the shining (http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-shining-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10851837.html)

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 09:39 PM
Great artwork on that one!! :thumb:

Zavvi managed to ship me The Little Mermaid, Tron and Starship Troopers today all of which were supposed to land on the 23rd so they've nicked all my money the day after amazon took gtav :suicide:

vhal_x
09-17-2013, 10:13 PM
I just cancelled all of those a few days ago. Thank God! I couldn't afford to get any of them (such a bloody familiar feeling these days :suicide:), so thank God I didn't wait any longer to cancel them, or else I wouldn't have been able to! xx

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 10:19 PM
I just cancelled all of those a few days ago. Thank God! I couldn't afford to get any of them (such a bloody familiar feeling these days :suicide:), so thank God I didn't wait any longer to cancel them, or else I wouldn't have been able to! xx

That was the thing... I went on today and tried to cancel all mine and just keep the ones for my mate in the us but.... They rejected my cancellations assaying they were being processed... Very early for once!!! :nono:

It's why I always prefer paying up front even tho its crazy to...

vhal_x
09-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Unlucky :(

Yeah, I cancelled mine on Friday last week, as I thought I'd end up forgetting if I didn't. I'd have been SO screwed had I not been able to cancel them :/

Hope it hasn't messed you up too much xx

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Unlucky :(

Yeah, I cancelled mine on Friday last week, as I thought I'd end up forgetting if I didn't. I'd have been SO screwed had I not been able to cancel them :/

Hope it hasn't messed you up too much xx

My sons bday a week today so about 3 days to move some money around and get solvent again!! Lol!! Ah... It's all fun... :nosleep: xx

vhal_x
09-17-2013, 10:35 PM
Argh, that sucks :(

Always at the most inconvenient times, eh? :nosleep: xx

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 10:43 PM
Argh, that sucks :(

Always at the most inconvenient times, eh? :nosleep: xx

Yup!!! Luckily I tend to buy stuff as I go and stuff it in the cupboard so mostly sorted its just his actual birthday (tea, day out with mate etc) comes before pay day... :pooryou:

vhal_x
09-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, know what you mean. AJ's birthday is on the 22nd November, and since our income has dropped, I'm so thankful that I started birthday/Christmas shopping earlier this year, means it won't be so stressful nearer the time.

Hopefully you'll manage to get it sorted :) Would've helped you out if I wasn't so skint myself :hug: xx

Redmagster
09-17-2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah, know what you mean. AJ's birthday is on the 22nd November, and since our income has dropped, I'm so thankful that I started birthday/Christmas shopping earlier this year, means it won't be so stressful nearer the time.

Hopefully you'll manage to get it sorted :) Would've helped you out if I wasn't so skint myself :hug: xx

Thanks Vhal :) :) xxx

I know you would :hug:

Not easy for anyone right now but plenty I can cut back on - if I can make myself!!! :P

nipperkipper
09-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Zavvi do this on purpose so people can't cancel their pre orders. I wouldn't put anything past that home of a company

Lemur
09-18-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd like to add that getting refunds from the monkeys is also a pain :suicide:

http://i.livescience.com/images/i/000/037/909/i02/proboscis-monkey2.jpg?1363632801

comaamen86
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd like to add that getting refunds from the monkeys is also a pain :suicide:

:lmao:

you posting pics of yourself in the wrong thread

Lemur
09-19-2013, 03:02 AM
:lmao:

you posting pics of yourself in the wrong thread

Sorry my identical twin :P

blockbusterboy
09-19-2013, 10:31 PM

Here's my tale to tell...

Message to Zavvi

"I did not receive the Zavvi exclusive steelbook for Splinter Cell Blacklist which was suppose to come with the game as I had ordered.

Please can you let me know if it's been sent out or is going to be sent out ? If so is it being sent in Zavvis special steelbook packaging ?

Thank your for your time to this query"

Zavvis reply

"I am sorry that you have not yet received the steelbook.

However I can now advice that your order has been sent in two parts. You will receive the game in a standard game case and you should then receive the steelbook case for you to put the disc in...." et cetera

My reply to Zavvi after a week; (Six days to be precise but it already seemed an eternity).

"Still have not received the steelbook that was suppose to come with this game.

Have you sent the actual steelbook out ?

Infact have you had the steelbook in stock to actually send out or is it a question that you haven't got any to send out but actually expect me to keep the standard edition of the game anyway ?

I am very concerned about this last point. In the message above you say 'and you should then receive the steelbook case'. Should being the operative word. Should not being an absolute definitive.

I would suggest that if you are unable to provide the steelbook in perfect condition or at all that you provide a returns authorisation for the return of the game which of course is still manufactured sealed.

Thank you for your time to this unfortunate situation."

Zavvis reply to my reply

"Thank you for getting in touch about Splinter Cell Black list - includes Zavvi exclusive steelbook.

Please return this to us using the collect + label" et cetera. "Your returns authorisation is...." et cetera......

To cut a long story short I returned the item early this morning.

A final coda.

I have a steelbook on its way via Luckos not that I've got a copy of the game to put in it. I'll pick up the 'Fifth Freedom' edition at some point. I could do with a stroll around a luxury yacht and some gold goggles.

bob512
09-20-2013, 10:35 PM
So I put in a return query last night and I got this email from zavvi

Hi Edward Hernandez,

Thank you for your recent order of Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Includes Zavvi UK Exclusive Steelbook.

We recently contacted all customers who ordered this product to advise that they would receive a standard version of the game initially and that the steelbook would follow.

Due to an unexpected delay we have had to revise how the steelbook would be sent. We have listed the steelbook on the site and we would ask you to now place an order for the product using your unique discount below:

Your personal discount code is:

We recommend placing your order as soon as possible to guarantee stock and delivery at the earliest time. The link to the product on the website is - http://www.zavvi.com/games/splinter-cell-blacklist-steelbook-case/10845093.html

If you have any further questions or require further assistance then please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team via your account and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Seems like they added the steelbook for 9.99? at the site but if you use the "personal code" it should come to free

comaamen86
09-20-2013, 10:51 PM
sweet ordered

blockbusterboy
09-21-2013, 06:59 AM
So I put in a return query last night and I got this email from zavvi

Hi Edward Hernandez,

Thank you for your recent order of Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Includes Zavvi UK Exclusive Steelbook.

We recently contacted all customers who ordered this product to advise that they would receive a standard version of the game initially and that the steelbook would follow.

Due to an unexpected delay we have had to revise how the steelbook would be sent. We have listed the steelbook on the site and we would ask you to now place an order for the product using your unique discount below:

Your personal discount code is:

We recommend placing your order as soon as possible to guarantee stock and delivery at the earliest time. The link to the product on the website is - http://www.zavvi.com/games/splinter-cell-blacklist-steelbook-case/10845093.html

If you have any further questions or require further assistance then please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team via your account and we will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Seems like they added the steelbook for 9.99? at the site but if you use the "personal code" it should come to free

sweet ordered

Yeah right.

"Availability: Pre order now." WTF
"Release date: 15 September 2014." Double WTF

What an absolute joke.

kennyrh
09-21-2013, 05:18 PM
I got that e-mail. If you use the code they give you for pre-order then it costs nothing. My original game is on the way back to Zavvi so i'm hoping for the best :quote:

What a bleeding palaver, honestly.

blockbusterboy
09-21-2013, 08:49 PM
I have the e-mail as well. Will wait for the refund though. I have a Fifth Freedom edition on the way from Game. 49.99.

The whole things been very convoluted.

kennyrh
09-22-2013, 02:03 AM
I have the e-mail as well. Will wait for the refund though. I have a Fifth Freedom edition on the way from Game. 49.99.

If i were you mate I'd get my free steelbook order in now for two reasons. 1) They might sell out 2) If you get the refund they might cotton on and block your free code.

I'm hoping they ship mine out before they get the plain copy back and processed. :beg:

comaamen86
09-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Yeah right.

"Availability: Pre order now." WTF
"Release date: 15 September 2014." Double WTF

What an absolute joke.

i imagine it is a placeholder date so all redemption codes can be used then cash buyers after

but that is just the genius in me

comaamen86
09-23-2013, 02:09 PM
update on zavvi exclusive sc steel, just got dispatched

luckos
09-23-2013, 02:49 PM
For the ones that are looking for the Splinter Cell Blacklist steelbook - I still have open a groupbuy: HERE (http://collectorsedition.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13688).
Only PS3 and PC available. But all of them came as G1 with DLC included.
Cheers,
L.

kennyrh
09-23-2013, 04:04 PM
update on zavvi exclusive sc steel, just got dispatched

Me too. When i get my steelie and, hopefully, a full refund for the original game I sent back - I'll be glad to see the end of this farce. :sleep::sleep:

Christ, I wish Zavvi would sod off and just go bust or something. :bday:

Zaku77
09-24-2013, 06:47 PM
Well, the tards finally shipped my steelbook out. They made me place an order for just the steel and use a coupon code to get it for free--plus 1 pound shipping. Hopefully it arrives undamaged, and I can just be done with them for a while.

kennyrh
09-24-2013, 07:57 PM

I just checked their returns policy and they have a 14-day return clause. They might try to use this as a get-out card but I'm gonna remind them that we hung on to the game because THEY promised the steelie would be coming - and it didn't . . .until now.

Incidentally for anybody else in the UK, forget that tracking thing in the e-mail - it's bollox. Will be coming with the postie.

kennyrh
10-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Just as a footnote to the SC Blacklist steelbook fiasco, I got my 40 quid back for the game I sent back AND a free steelbook.

So Zavvi are a victim of their own incompetence which, after all the poncing around, leaves me unrepetent and an even greater believer in poetic justice.
:clap::clap::clap::1:

underfox
10-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Guys I need your knowledge about something. I bought the dark souls steelbook edition and it is said to be printed for 3000 copies worldwide yet it has been selling since 2012 on zavvi. where does this information about 3000 copies came out? I can't find anything related to zavvi. Does anyone of you know something about it? because almost a year later they still havn't sold 3000 copies of this game? I'm starting to think it's an hoax.

comaamen86
10-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Guys I need your knowledge about something. I bought the dark souls steelbook edition and it is said to be printed for 3000 copies worldwide yet it has been selling since 2012 on zavvi. where does this information about 3000 copies came out? I can't find anything related to zavvi. Does anyone of you know something about it? because almost a year later they still havn't sold 3000 copies of this game? I'm starting to think it's an hoax.

erm it only released this year

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook - Limited to 3000 units.

Zavvi's Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Also Includes A Dark Souls CD Soundtrack

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook-includes-soundtrack/10808482.html

this information was brought to you by the most minimal effort in reading, and is sponsored by sarcasm

underfox
10-14-2013, 01:36 PM
this information was brought to you by the most minimal effort in reading, and is sponsored by sarcasm

took me a while to understand that by clicking on" description " it opened a new panel with the description and the information I needed :D

I believe the sponsor about your information is well deserved. :tomato:

And well I don't know where I have seen that it has been released in 2012, probably the fruit of my imagination...:asplode: