PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

aka_Nero
07-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

Another person from Dutchland here. I am probably the worst (or best) collector out here. I have (had) quite a few signed items, some collectors editions and PSP Demo's. I got most of them for free as I used to work in the gaming industry but I just keep all of it in a fallout 3 lunchbox underneath my bed.

I used to do some Master System collecting but as I grew older I just kept a few games for sentimental value. Man, some people have their entire living room stuffed with games but thats not for me (no matter how awesome it looks).

You might see me roaming a bit for some Portal/Pokemon stuff or for some general banter.

SwiftDeath
07-31-2013, 05:04 PM
:welcome:

It is actually quite interesting to hear from a collector whose a little older

Perhaps i will do the same in ten years?

AndyTheCollector
07-31-2013, 08:52 PM
:welcome: and enjoy your stay here! I agree with you in terms of rooms full of games and collectibles. I prefer to pick up stuff only from my most favourite universes and keep the collection "in shape". :)

aka_Nero
07-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Whoaw hey there I am not that old. I am 27 years young and I still get ID'd for beer and smokes.

SwiftDeath
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
Whoaw hey there I am not that old. I am 27 years young and I still get ID'd for beer and smokes.

Hmm for some odd reason I was under the impression you were a journalist during the PS2 era which started in 2000

So you would have been 14 :P

Guess I misinterpreted that

My mistake

aka_Nero
07-31-2013, 10:42 PM
Haha nope, I started working for PlayStation when the PS3 was just released (about a year after the release) as a community moderator. It was a pretty cool job but it was time to go back to Holland and pursue other adventures.

SwiftDeath
07-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Haha nope, I started working for PlayStation when the PS3 was just released (about a year after the release) as a community moderator. It was a pretty cool job but it was time to go back to Holland and pursue other adventures.

Ah ok

That makes more sense

So did you work on social media sites and the like?

What does a community moderator actually do?

If you don't mind me asking

aka_Nero
07-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Oh no problem at all.

A Community Moderator basically monitors the community via different platforms such as a forum, online game, Home, user generated content, and more. When a user violates the rules we remove the content and take appropriate action.

We also created events, engaged the community into posting, participating and creating of ugc, created competitions, managed volunteers, created graphics for the events and posts, handed out prizes, etc.

Another thing we did was boring stuff like creating reports, monitoring statistics, attend meetings, reply to e-mails and such.

It was really a mix between community management and moderation.

aselwyn1
07-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Welcome to the fourm